1. Halloween Drawing Contest is happening now!
    drawing contest 04
    Click [HERE] to join up
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto D20, the FINAL VERSION!!! New and Improved!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'House of Uzumaki Archives' started by nejis-eyes, Sep 11, 2005.

1. nejis-eyes

Its finally done!!!!! After months and months of hard work (well work anyway), I have finally completed the Naruto D20 project!

I know what your thinking, whats different between this and the version you sent me last time? Well that really depends on how recently I sent you the old version. If it was two or three months ago A LOT HAS CHANGED. Tons of new techniques, the equptment and feat section, as well as the rules for chakra control, animal-nins, and even summoning. If you requested a copy within the last month or so a lot has still changed Specifically, the rules section has been added.

If you want me to send you the finalized version, PM me your e-mail address. Comments on the project are ALWAYS appreciated here on the thread.

Thanks to everyone for their help and concepts for this project. Its been a long road, but were finally done.

Requests to date: 10/16 76

Last edited: Oct 18, 2005
    Tags:
  2. Smitty

For us non-D20 followers, could you explain what the heck it is?

I tried clicking your sig..but....

So what the heck is it?

3. martryn

d20 is the system now in use for Dungeons and Dragons role-playing game. When DnD switched over to its reasonably new 3rd edition, they started d20 as a basis for their rules and out of this emerged a lot of other games that use the same rule set, including ones for Star Wars, an X-File style game, a super hero style one, one similar to Buffy, ect ect.

d20 is short for rolling a twenty sided dice. All rules revolve around this concept. If you attack someone, you roll a d20 and add some modifiers. If you want to see if you can find a hidden door or climb a knotted rope, you roll a d20 and add some modifiers. Ect ect.

The game is played with a group of friends. When I play DnD, its just three of us. One person plays the role of DM, and this person makes up the plot and tells the story. He controls all aspects of the world, except for the characters. The other people roll up characters to RP. Their characters are their own, and they control all aspects of them. The DM will tell them a basic story background and then let the characters loose to interact with the world as they see fit. As the characters make decisions, the DM tells them the results of their actions.

Kinda get an idea?

4. Mongoloid Gnome

I loved the summoning rules, I didn't read everything because i'm lacking time to do so, when I read it all I shall make more comments, it looks great overall, lots of usefull stuff, great job neji-eyes.

5. Archssor

This may sound like fun...

6. nejis-eyes

May?!?!?! MAY!?!?!?!?!?!

haha just messing.... seriously though, I put a lot of time into this. Try it out and let me know what you think.

7. Mohanddo

I tryed making the so called "Naruto Extreme" On the rpg maker 2003 but it didnt turn out good . So lets see what this engine is capable of . Havent you make a website for it ? Oh and you should upload it to or for faster use . Its best to do that . Oh and do you mind sending me it ?

8. Kojiro Ganryu Sasaki

It's not an engine. D20 is a ruleset for TABLETOP RPGs.

-_-;

9. nejis-eyes

I had a guy convert it to PDF so I could let people upload it...

but it didn't convert right, the lines were off. So I'm stuck just sending it to people now.

10. martryn

I still prefer straight DnD to Naruto d20, but there are a lot of good ideas in your rule set that would help make a DnD basic class. Course, I see my fair share of consistency problems with the rule set and the anime. All in all, good work, a nice effort, certainly commendable.

11. nejis-eyes

Hahaha, I'd agree... regular DnD is way better.

But this was always just a way to roleplay naruto. It was never meant as a DnD replacement.

12. SloppyJoe

Very rad; I definatly must see it. Also some seroius props for doing this.

13. gruevy

Excellent work. Although it is certain that a number of balance issues are gonna pop up sooner or later, the amount of useful information that you have compiled here is incredible.

Now i just need to find some nerds who can only be categorized as pathetically hopeless to play this with. Playing a dnd campaign based on a kid's cartoon from japan? No one must ever find out about this.

One thought that I had: The jutsu need to be organized other than alphabetically. How about listing them by category first, like taijutsu, genjutsu, ninjutsu, and then in subcategory, list them by element, and then under element, list them by prerequisite. For example, put all the water element ninjutsu together and order them by difficulty to learn. Also, all of the jutsu that require a bloodline limit should be kept separate, kind of like it was a prestige class. That would help quite a bit towards making the rules more accessible.

14. Heartgobbler

I agree with that. as for my own comments.

1 The final bone dance lacks the secondary effect.

2 The gates seem to cause too little damage. The lowered stats effect matters little, because by the time the technique ends, all enemies will probably be dead. On the other hand, a character who wants to learn the 8th gate, would have to learn nothing but gates until he reaches level 20.
    What I suggest is make opening the gates a single technique, (with the character's stats/ level determining how many he can open) , increase drastically the damage from the gates to ensure that they are not used lightly.

3 128 hands is not very deadly for the pinaccle of a bloodline school. If I remember the description, it was supposed to be deadly most of the time. What I suggest is... increase the prerequisites (only true masters can do this)
    increase the effect. For example : reflex save to avoid the attack, if failed, chakra flow is almost completely blocked. Lose the ability to use chakra for 1 hour, fortitude save to avoid death, if successful, weakened (not enough chakra even for basic functions) -2 STR, DEX, CON for 1 hour. The effect might last longer (in case of Naruto, the push of Kyubi's chakra unblocked the points. A normal person would probably be weakened for a much longer period.

15. De Monies

wow I havent played DnD in YEARS it was my favourite game, after monopoly as a kid. This should be interesting as long as I remember how to play...

16. nejis-eyes

Thanks heart.... I'll look into changing it... thats the nice thing about this project, its always in motion.

17. mkp

nejis-eyes i must say well done. Now i just have to find someone too play with me.

18. Heartgobbler

Here is my attempt at the 8 gates. (although the 7 and 8th are pure hypothesis). Tell me what you think.:oh

Unlocking the celestial gates
    Technique: Taijutsu
    Handseals: No
    Initial Cost: special
    Duration: 1 round per point of constitution
    Range: Personal
    Prerequisites: special
    Saving Throw: None

With this powerful technique, a ninja can unlock the ?Celestial Gates? , 8 points in the body that suppress the flow of chakra, acting as ?surge protectors? for the chakra network. By unlocking the gates, a ninja can push his body beyond its normal limits, making him able to perform incredible feats of strength and speed. However, this power comes at great cost as without the natural protection offered by the gates, the body can easily be damaged by it?s own power.

The number of gates a ninja can open depends on his constitution, willpower and experience. Each additional gate has new fantastic effects but the risk to the ninja increases proportionally.

The gates can be opened either one by one (as a move equivalent action) or simultaneously. They have to be opened in sequence i.e.: opening the third gate is pointless unless you have opened the first and the second. An open gate can be maintained for number of rounds equal to the ninja?s constitution. After that, the ninja must either release the effect or open another gate to reinforce the effect (which resets the time limit).

The costs for the gates stack. (the ?cost? shows two numbers: cost for the gate / cost for the whole sequence up to that point)

1 The Initial Gate
    Initial Cost: 5 points /5 points
    Prerequirements: level 4, CON 12+, will save +5
    The first gate allows the ninja to move at a frantic rate, increasing the speed and strength of his blows. His stats increase as follows: STR+4, DEX+4, +2 (+4 in total) to initiative rolls, +10 feet movement rate. This comes at the cost of increasing fatigue: For every attack or move action that the ninja performs, he sustains one point of subdual damage. (A full attack action does damage equal to the number of attacks performed)

2 The Heal Gate
    Initial Cost: 10 points / 15 points
    Prerequirements: level 6, CON 14+, will save +6
    The Heal gate, the second of the Celestial gates, unlocks the bodies ability to heal itself. When activated, it causes a surge of chakra that rejuvenates the body. The user heals 2d6 points of damage and all subdual damage he has suffered to this point, as well as shaking off any lowered stats effects (but not stat damage) . He keeps moving at increased speed (all the bonuses from the first gate still apply) and the rejuvenating effect prevents further subdual damage (unless it is caused by other sources ) , but maintaining the open gate costs 1 point of chakra per round.

3 The Life Gate
    Initial Cost: 5 points / 20 points
    Prerequirements: level 8, CON 15+, will save +6
    The Life Gate, the third of the Celestial gates , is the first major restrainer in the sequence. Opening it causes a major boost to the ninja?s abilities, but the toll it takes on the body is just as severe. The stat increase becomes: STR+6, DEX+6,+3 (+6 in total) to initiative rolls , +20 feet movement rate. The ninja can also act as hasted. (+4 AC and an extra partial action each turn) This increased speed and strength causes damage to the body: 1 point of damage per action or attack. The cost of maintaining the open gates remains 1 chakra point per round.

The technique is very straining for the body. If the user takes half his full hit points of damage from using this technique, at the end of the technique he must make a fortitude save against DC equal to that damage, or suffer 1 point stat damage of both STR and DEX.

4 The Harm Gate
    Initial Cost: 5 points / 25 points
    Prerequirements: level 10, CON 16+, will save +7
    The Harm Gate allows the user to further increase his fighting ability, boosting him beyond the point that his body can endure. His stats increase further: STR +8, DEX +8, +4 (+8 in total) initiative rolls, +30 movement rate. The user is hasted. The surge of energy makes the user oblivious to minor wounds, making him immune to subdual damage. He also becomes immune to fear and hold. However, the strain that the technique puts on the user?s body becomes really dangerous. He now suffers 2 points of damage per action / attack. The maintain cost also increases to 2 chakra points per round.

After the technique ends, if the user sustained more than half his hit points of damage from this technique (including any damage from its lower levels), he must make a fortitude save against DC equal to that damage. If the test is failed, the user suffers D6 points of STR, DEX and CON damage. Make another save, this time against half the previous DC. (before applying the CON penalty). If that is failed, half the stat damage becomes stat drain.

5 The Limit Gate
    Initial Cost: 10 points / 35 points
    Prerequirements: level 12, CON 17+, will save +8
    By opening the 5th gate, the ninja multiplies his fighting ability at the cost of severe wounds. The stat bonuses increase to : STR +10, DEX+10, +5(+10 total) initiative rolls. All other bonuses still apply. In addition, the ninja?s unarmed strike improves by 1 dice category (from d6 to d8 by default). All taijutsu techniques also improve by one dice category, unless they have the 5th gate as a prerequisite. The ninja becomes immune to stun.

This level is much more dangerous than the previous one. The chakra cost is still 2 points per round but the damage increases to 3 points per action and the potential stat damage becomes 3D3.

6 The View Gate
    Initial Cost: 10 points / 45 points
    Prerequirements: level 14, CON 18+, will save +8
    While the previous five gates mostly unlock the user?s physical abilities, opening the View Gate pushes both his body and mind to an entirely new level. The user moves at the speed that defies the laws of physics: his stats become: STR +12, DEX +12, +6(+12) initiative rolls. His ground speed doubles. He can now take two full actions in a round instead of a full action and a partial action. His perception also reaches new level: he becomes immune to mind affecting powers and cannot be flanked, not even by high level rouges. Finally, the storm of energy that fills his body can be used to boost his techniques: His effective level increases by 50% when calculating the power of his ninjutsu effects.

The cost of the technique increases: it costs 3 chakra points per round to maintain. The user suffers 3 points of damage per action. The potential stat damage increases to 2d6.

7 The Wonder Gate
    Initial Cost: 5 points / 50 points
    Prerequirements: level 16, CON 19+, will save +9
    The 7th gate turns the ninja into a whirlwind of destruction, pushing his abilities as far as one can do without causing instant death. The stats increase to STR+14, DEX+14, +7(+14) initiative rolls. His effective level for casting ninjutsu techniques increases by 75%. Also his unarmed damage improves by another die category. Enemies whose initiative rolls (after modifiers) are less than half of his, are unable to hit him at all that turn.

The technique is extremally dangerous and can easily kill the ninja if overused. He suffers 4 points of damage for every action/ attack he takes. (potential stat damage remains 2D6). The technique costs 4 chakra per round to maintain.

8 The Death Gate
    Initial Cost: 10 points / 60 points
    Prerequirements: level 18, CON 20+, will save +10
    The final gate, the Death Gate is located within the heart. When it is opened, a roaring wave of chakra surges through the user?s body. This ultimate technique is reserved for those, who are ready to die to defeat their enemies. The initial power surge causes 6d6 points of damage to the user. From this point, all his moves and attacks cause 5 points of damage to him as his body is being literally torn to shreds by its own power. However, such is the energy that animates his body, that he will keep fighting even after sustaining fatal wounds. The user becomes immune to stat damage/ drain as well as critical hits (except vorpal hits) and will keep fighting until dismembered, either through a vorpal hit, or by going down to ?his original hit points. (So a character with 80 hp will keep fighting until he is down to -80, at which point his body will fall apart.) . The user?s power grows to surreal levels. All bonuses from the previous stage apply, except as follows: STR+16, DEX+16, +8 (+16) initiative rolls, effective casting level doubled. His blows ignore hardness / damage reduction and do double damage (the same applies to any taijutsu techniques he might use) .

When the technique ends, the user?s body will most likely fall apart on the spot. If the user is still alive (his HP is over -10), he must make a fortitude save against DC equal to half the damage he suffered (including the 6D6 of initial surge) or die instantly. If he succeeds, he still suffers 2D6 points stat drain from STR, DEX and CON. Since the CON drain lowers his HP, he will probably die anyway.

19. nejis-eyes

That... is... awsome. Its going into the book.

One thing, did you get the names for the gates from the manga or personal information, or did you just make them up?

20. Mongoloid Gnome

These are the name of the 8 gates, as showed in manga chapter 85 (Gai explains to Sakura what are the gates) and in a episode between 40-50 (though i'm lazy to check it right now, i'm sure of it).
    Spoiler:
    Also, Gai opens the sixth Gate ahead in the manga, but I'm not sure if he opens all the gates at once or if he opens whatever gate he wants to use a super powerfull taijutsu)

I like your rules for the gates Heart, good work.

21. Heartgobbler

The way it is pictured in the manga, (there is a diagram when Kakashi explains it) the gates are in the line along the chakra network. That implies they must be opened in sequence. If the first gate is still suppressing the flow at the beginning of the line, the flow is supressed in the entire network. So opening other gates will change nothing as they have no "extra energy" to allow through.

22. Heartgobbler

As I had promised , I started working on applying Adventages/ disadventages system to Naruto, to allow making unique/bloodline powers the way they were in the manga without breaking the balance.

Here is the first part (adventages adapted from the L5R game. Later, I will try adding Narutoworld-specific adventages, including bloodlines. )

ADVENTAGES and DISADVENTAGES system
    I based it on L5R character creation system. I tried to make it work the same way as in L5R in terms of math ( basically, in L5R you start with average stats and 25 points. If you spend them all on stats, you get 3 good ones. I tried to keep it, so I don?t have to change point values).

How it works: Instead of rolling your character?s stats, you start with all stats at 9 and 25 points to spend. You choose your stats by buying them for points (on a 1 for 1 basis. No starting stat can exceed 17). You can also lower your stats to get more points. This allows you to create a fairly strong character , similar to what you would get by rolling stats on ?roll 4 keep 3? basis (as in the newest incarnation of D&D). You can also spend points on advantages , or get more points by taking disadvantages. (All advantages/ disadvantages must be approved by the GM. Taking more than 10 points of disadvantages is inadvisable , as it tends to create weird characters.)

Though some advantages work a bit different under D20, I kept their original point values. Those that may require tweaking (balance-wise) has been marked with an *.

ADVENTAGES

Common sense (1 point). You have a strong streak of common sense. Your GM will warn you each time you are about to do something really stupid. Recommended for beginner players.

Absolute direction (1point) . You have a natural sense of direction. You very rarely lose your way, and will be the first to get suspicious if the party is under a way-confounding genjutsu.

Sensei (1-5 points). All new genins come under supervision of an experienced ninja, but you have developed a special bond with your teacher. You can always count on his help (although he may have too many other duties to help directly) example : Gai and Lee. The point cost depends upon the skill of the teacher.

*Karmic tie (1-5 points). You have a friend who is tied to you through destiny (for example, you were friends /lovers in your previous incarnations) . When acting in his/her defense, you can add +5 to one of your rolls. This ability can be used a number of times per adventure equal to the number of points you have paid.

Voice (2 points) You have a voice that cannot be ignored. You get a +3 bonus to all tests that involve talking to groups of people.

Allies (2-4 points) You have some people you can ask for favors. A 2 point ally can be asked for small favors (equipment , information) , while a 4 point ally can supply you with more expensive/ dangerous/ illegal service. This advantage will be gradually lost if overused. It can be taken several times (giving you a number of allies).

Way of the land ( 2 points) You know one of the countries (usually your own) like the back of your hand. You know all the best shortcuts and will never get lost while on ?home ground?.

Bland (2 points) For some reason, you tend not to attract people?s attention. It is easier for you to ?hide in the crowd?, gather information without being noticed etc. But you are also less likely to be noticed when it comes to rewards. (a situational bonus / penalty 3 points )

Clear thinker (2 points) . You have a mind that is hard to deceive or confuse. You have a +4 bonus against all attempts to cheat or fast-talk you.

Heartless (2 points). You are a cold bastard. You have a +4 bonus against all attempts to apply to your softer side (like sob-stories, seduction and some diplomacy rolls.) It decreases to +2 in case of magical charms.

Higher purpose (2 points) You have some kind of a higher purpose. It must be role-played. Moving towards your goal will earn you extra experience. (in terms of experience, treat it as an additional secondary goal in all adventures where it?s applicable)

Dangerous beauty (2 points) You are a femme/ homme fatale. You get a +4 bonus on all seduction-related rolls. It costs 8 points to have both Dangerous beauty and Benten?s blessing.

Benten?s blessing (3 points) You have the ?something? that makes all people eager to help you. Whenever you succeed on a roll to influence a person?s attitude towards you, it goes up one additional level.

Quick healer (3 points) . For some reason, you recover from wounds unnaturally quickly. The speed of your natural healing is doubled.

Luck (3,6 or 9 points) You are lucky. During each adventure you can reroll one D20 roll for every 3 points you spend on this advantage.

Death trance ( 3 points) You have been brought up to always be ready to face death. You can spend a move-equivalent action to focus your mind, which will render you immune to fear for the duration of the encounter.

A heart of vengeance (3 points) Choose an organization or a clan. You are on a vendetta against these people. You get a ?favorite enemy? bonus (as a ranger of the same level) against your chosen enemy. You get a minor enemy in that organization or clan ( see: ?sworn enemy? disadvantage ).

Inheritance: (3 or much more) You have inherited something of great value. It may be a scroll with techniques, a powerful summoning pact or a magic item. (The cost may vary. A good rule of thumb is 3 points per enchantment level of the item. ) Of course, giving away or selling your ancestral heritage is unthinkable.

*Daredevil (4 points) You excel at doing reckless things. Whenever you attempt something like this (anything that is at least DC 25 and can cause you at least 2D6 damage if it fails,) the GM flips a coin in secret. If heads, you get a +10 luck modifier to the roll. If tails, there is no effect (and you are heading for trouble).

Great Destiny (4 points) You are destined for great things. The fate has chosen you to accomplish some great heroic deed in the future. Until that time, it will save you from untimely death. Once every adventure, you can be miraculously saved from death. The fate does nothing more- you won?t avoid more damage than it is required for you to survive. (typically, you will stop on -9 HP and automatically stabilize/ start recovery.) When your destiny is fulfilled, this advantage is lost , but may be replaced by a different one (GM?s decision).

Different school (5 points) Usually, villages are very strict in guarding their secrets, but through some incredible twist of fate / pact between clans/ unusual parentage, you have been made an exception. You can train in one line of techniques that is exclusive to a different village (for example, you can play a puppet-master in a party that is entirely from Konoha).

23. grimy2000

could you seend me the Naruto D20 to my e-mail

24. Calabolg

The Eight Gates idea look good, but I think you should increase the self-damaging effect. Or, you could have the user make a fort save each round/or after suffering a certain amount of self damage, or suffer ability damage, or something like that. In the manga (sorry, don't have access to the anime), Lee took quite a bit of damage simply using the first gate, and when he used the sixth gate, his muscles eventually just snapped on him. Just a few suggestions.

25. Heartgobbler

I have been thinking about it but I think the amount is right. Using the first gate is painful ,but it will not kill you (hence I made it do subdual damage.) Remember that the character who is the most likely to use it is still fairly low level and doesnt have tons of hit points.

The higher gates do A LOT of damage if you think of it (btw, Lee only opened five) . A high level ninja who opens the 6th gate can do two full attacks with a flurry in a round, which is deadly for his foes, but since he pays for every attack, such round will cost him about 30 damage!

Also remember ,there is no restoration spell in Narutoworld, (except for legendary healers like Tsunade), so if you damage yourself to the point of stat drain, you are screwed.

This technique is really dangerous enough as it is, and a ninja who hopes to just "power-up and kill everyone" will end crippling himself. (the proper use of the technique is creating an opening in the critical moment of battle.)

26. Calabolg

Ah... every attack. Sorry, I interpreted it as every action as in attack action (not individual attack), move action, etc. In that case, no disagreements from me. It looks good.

27. Heartgobbler

As promised, here is the "disadventages" section.

DISADVANTAGES.
    Bad fortune (1 point) You are believed to bring bad luck (for example, you have a strange mark or eyes of different colors) . In situations where it matters , your social interaction roll can be penalized (GM?s decision)

Color blind (1 point) You are color-blind. This may cause problems in certain situations.

Pride (1 point) a flaw that has to be role-played .

Vanity (1 point) You know you are gorgeous/ brilliant and expect everybody to know that too.

Antisocial (1 to 4 points) You have severe problems talking to people. Perhaps you are used to working alone, or rude, or horribly shy. All social interaction rolls are penalized by 1 + the number of points you got for this disadvantage.

Dependent (1 to 4 points) There is a person that you have to take care of. This will interfere with your other duties. It may be your old grandmother who it too weak to do the shopping for herself, or a little brother who keeps getting into trouble each time you leave him alone. (point cost depends on how time-consuming and/or troublesome it is. )

Haunted (1 to 4 points) You are haunted by a ghost and ,for some reason can?t get rid of him. (a typical example is a dissatisfied ancestor who keeps commenting on your every action, and whom you have to treat with respect) . He manifests as a voice inside your head, which can make it harder to concentrate (and provoke strange looks from people when you start talking to yourself) . The point cost depends on how persistent /troublesome is the ghost.

Bad reputation ( 2 points) You have a bad reputation (choose one word to describe it eg: bully, coward etc.) People are more likely to know you but will start with a bad opinion about you.

Benten?s Curse (2 points) For some reason (looks, behavior) you are repulsive to others. You take a 3 point penalty on social interaction rolls, except intimidate, which improves by 3 points.

Meddler (2 points) you can?t resist getting into other people?s business (roll a DC20 will save if you want to resist). You just have to know what the problem is, and once you do, you will always have some ?advice? that you want to share.

Soft-hearted (2 points) You hate hurting other people, which causes a lot of problems in your line of work. You have to make a difficult (usually DC25 , GM?s decision) will save if you want to strike anyone who isn?t actively attacking you.

Brash (2 points) You are hot-blooded and easy to anger. You must role-play it. Additionally, anyone trying to taunt you gets a 4 point bonus.

Jealousy (2 points) You love to prove your superiority in a chosen field. Choose a person. You will try to surpass him/her even at the cost of causing conflicts. If the person is defeated, choose another one.

Insensitive (2 point) You are extremely egoistic. You have to role-play it. Any act ?against your nature? (like putting yourself in danger for another person when you haven?t been ordered to do so) requires you to pass a DC20 will save.

Fascination (2 points) There is a topic that fascinates you. It can be works of art, exotic weapons , horses, or whatever. You will go very far to learn more about the topic / get your hand on some items, even to the point of using illegal methods or messing up your assignments.

Overconfident (2 points) you don?t know when to give up. You need to make a wisdom roll (typically DC20) to realize that you should retreat.

Obligation (2 or 4 points) You owe someone a favor and some day you will have to pay this debt. A two ?point obligation will require some action from you at a later time (given your job, probably some extra assignment) . A 4 points obligation is a very serious one and paying it will cause you a lot of trouble. It may be very expensive, dangerous, or even conflict with your other loyalties. Still, even a ninja has to have some honor.

Compulsion (2 ? 4 points) You have some kind of compulsion (kleptomania, drinking, gambling ,women) that tends to get you into trouble. Resisting temptation requires a will save (difficulty 15, 20 or 25, depending on how many points you take for it).

Phobia (2 or 4 points) You are suffering from a phobia (choose the thing you fear). A two point phobia requires a will save each time you see the object you fear (DC 20) or you become shaken until it is removed. A four point phobia is very serious and must have resulted from a serious trauma. (You are automatically shaken and have to roll a will save or become paralyzed until you succeed or it is removed).

Addiction (3 points) You are addicted to drugs/ alcohol. You suffer serious penalties when out of your stimulant. (And can get into serious trouble if found ?stimulated? while at work!)

Gullible (3 points) You tend to expect only good things from people despite everyday evidence. (or perhaps you are not very smart.) You take a 4 point penalty when trying to detect someone?s lie.

Frail mind (3 points) You have serious problems shielding your mind. All your will saves against magic take a 3 points penalty.

Contrary (3 points) You are never a neutral party. In any case, you have to take a side. In any such situations, you have to roll a DC20 will save if you don?t want to take any action.

Bad health (3 points) You have always been sickly. You roll a smaller die when calculating your hit points (for example a D6 instead of D8 )

Can?t lie (3 points) You can?t lie. Whatever you do, you become very nervous, stutter, or your lies sound ridiculous. All your attempts to mislead others are automatically failures.

Driven (3 points) There is a goal (power, revenge, a woman you love ) that you will sacrifice everything for. You can even betray your teammates if it allows you to accomplish your goal.

Unluck (3, 6 or 9 points) Somehow, you tend to blunder when you try the hardest. Once , twice or three times per adventure (depending on how many points you take) the GM will force you to re-roll a successful D20 roll. (expect this to happen with rather important rolls).

Curse (2 to 6 points) You are cursed. It may be your own curse or a family curse. Whatever the reason, you know what it does, and you are unlikely to ever get rid of it. The effects may be varied and depend on the cost. (for example a 2 point curse can cause you to behave weirdly in certain circumstances, cause an incurable allergy etc. A 3 point curse can cause one of your future decisions to hurt the person you care for the most. 6 point curses can be deadly under certain circumstances; eg: You will die if you ever spill blood during the night of full moon. )

Sworn enemy (3 to 6 points) You start the game with a sworn enemy. He will do his worst to spoil your day (he will kill you if given a chance) and will keep coming back every couple of adventures until dealt with permanently. A 3 point enemy (a minor enemy) is about your level and will keep improving at the same pace as you. More expensive enemies are more powerful (a 6 point being an S class missing nin or even an entire clan).

Gossip (4 points) This works as a compulsion. You just can?t keep a secret. You keep telling people that they can trust you, but whenever entrusted with a secret, you have to roll a will save or repeat it to the next ?trusted person? you meet. The DC of the roll depends on the secret (the bigger the secret, the bigger the temptation).

Dark Fate (4 points) They say that one who is destined to be hanged will not drawn. You exemplify this proverb. The fate keeps saving you from death (like with great destiny) but it is only preserving you for a much darker end. You will be the traitor who destroys the Jedi Order.:evil Or you will be like Kazekage, who led his people to war only to realize, at the moment of death, that they had all been tricked and used by their Sound ?allies?. Or perhaps you will just die a grisly death when your team needs you most. You have no way of finding out what exactly your ?dark fate? is until it is too late?

Dark secret (5 points) You have a dark secret. Perhaps you murdered someone or you are a spy for another village? If it is ever revealed, it will make you a hunted fugitive. (expect blackmail if your enemy finds out)

Black sheep ( 5 points) You are your clan?s black sheep. They will all be happy if you die. They will not attack you directly, but will not help you if they have a choice. You have no access to your clan?s secret techniques (except any you have chosen at level one).

28. ssDko

Hiya. Would anyone be willing to send the naruto d20 project to me? Ive tried the person who created it about a day ago and havn't recieved it yet. I wouldn't be so pushy but I need this preaty quick. >.< Thanks in advance for any help. My E-mail is

29. nejis-eyes

Haha, relax ssDko, I'm sending it I'm sending it. Its only been 24 hours and I do have a life outside of naruto.

30. saiyanjw

DemonEyes.... sorry if this is off topic but....ur sig is really disturbing