1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto DVD coming out!

Discussion in 'Naruto Dub Discussion' started by lemonsensation, Oct 14, 2005.

1. lemonsensation

I'm so excited!! I just read that Naruto DVD is coming out in March 2006! The DVD is called Naruto Volume 1 ? Enter Naruto.

The only thing that sucks is that release date is a good 5 months from now. :sad

Tags:
  2. TenshiOni

Moving this to the English Naruto Discussion though. :amuse

3. JAPPO

No offense, but this is the subtitled naruto discussion. Who cares about some dvd, I own the japanese box set

EDIT - ok thanks for moving

4. Chaotic Diplomat

Do we know what episodes are going to be on it? Or is it actually going to be a movie?

5. nah-nah

I thought they were doing 13 episodes per dvd. Or am I wrong?

6. Goongasnootch

As long as there are special features and more than three episodes per disc (like DBZ DVDs) I'm happy.

7. Procyon

I have a question. Will the uncuts have English voice overs?

8. Tayuya (the banned one)

I dunno, isn't it like..called a dub? :faint

:nuts

9. TheVileOne

Yes. It will have both English and Japanese language tracks, English subtitles, and totally uncut. That includes the original openings and endings.

And no anime DVD's ever have 13 episodes on one disc. We'll be lucky to get 4-5 though. It will mostly likely be 3.

10. FFLN

Have you read the info they've released earlier about their release of Naruto on DVD?:huh They plan on releasing edited DVDs first and then they'll release boxsets of 13 episodes with uncut Naruto subbed and dubbed.

11. nah-nah

oh, that's right. I don't know what i was thinking. Maybe I'm weird like that or something. XD Anyway I'm looking forward to them.

12. Procyon

I'm glad. It's hard for me with subtitles. Thanks! And, I predict four, as that was the same with FMA.

13. Goongasnootch

I think having five on the first disc and four on the rest would work well. There are many 25-50 episode anime out there that go by the same format and still get a lot of profit from it. For a series like Naruto, it wouldn't hurt Viz or ShoPro to put 4 episodes on DVD.

14. Kyuriko

Fruits Basket and Saiyuki are the only anime DVD's I have ever seen that have more than 4 episodes on them, and the Saiyuki ones were only because of the "Double Barrel" collections. Fruits Basket has about 7 episodes per disc.

13 Episodes uncut, can't beat that, although I already have 1-25 on boxset (except for the fact that they are bootlegs, which I dislike). I'll probably buy the dub DVD's if I don't decide to buy the rest of the Japanese series, but it's very doubtful that I will buy them when I can just record every episode from TV on one of my many blank VHS tapes lying about the house.

15. NarutoUzumaki

i;m sorry but how can you like the english version after watching the japanese version(not to mention they cut out the "bad language" and the "no" in front of jutsu)

16. tiger027

Heh I wanted to make sure everyone read this ^^^^ Because that's how it will be. The one coming out in March WILL be the TV edited one. The uncut one which will have 13 episodes on it will not be coming out until August. Ahh watch people will still be screaming about it being edited, when it comes out in March.

17. TenshiOni

It's an english adaption made for the purpose of exposing the rest of the world to Naruto. A pretty damn good one too.

"Bad language", as you put it, will be in the un-cut DVDs.

Of course the sub will always be better but what, you can't enjoy the dub?

18. Prodigy-child

The DVDs coming in March 06 are EDITED DVDs. I believe I heard it was 4 episodes per DVDs. Anyway, the UNCUT DVDs will only be in 13-Episode Boxsets, or at least that's what Viz said so far.

19. Kyuriko

There is a complaints thread for the dubbed version, and it's a sticky, but I suppose everyone is allowed to voice their opinion here, right? I don't think they need to keep every Japanese word intact. They're making this for English audiences. The purists should feel lucky they even kept jutsu, considering over half the people watching the dub-only version probably don't have a clue what it means.

I don't care if they cut the language. I find bad language distracting and distasteful anyway. I don't see why people can't try to enjoy the dub and whine about it just because it is not the Japanese version. Instead of whining about the changes, why can't everyone make fun of them and laugh at them? Hell, I like 4 Kids. They cut a lot out but the corny jokes that replace perverted lines or swear words are hilarious because they're so corny, and my friends and I always make fun of what they take out. Dubs amuse me.

20. Goongasnootch

You have no right to judge how people watch anime. Live and let live, I say. If you buy the DVD and watch the sub version and I buy the same DVD and watch the dub version the money still goes to Viz and ShoPro.

21. Darth Judicar

Great news! Good quality and uncut! That's perfect! I hope they have more than 3 episodes though, maybe the whole season but I doubt it. I don't even know if the first season will be finished by March...Just goes to show, Naruto has officially dominated the USA. :D

22. blind51de

Just to reiterate. These DVD's coming out are 90% likely to be the edited version. As was said, the only bilingual editions of the DVD that've been confirmed are the 13 episode boxsets.

To repeat:
    DON'T GET ALL HAPPY. IT'S SAFE TO ASSUME THESE ARE NOT UNCUT AND DUB ONLY.

23. Darth Judicar

Even if they are, they may eventually release the unedited versions. They've started to do the same with other dubs, most recently with Yu-Gi-Oh.

24. FFLN

Also, it's already been announced that they WILL release uncut 13 episode boxsets.

25. Darth Judicar

Exactly. Regardless of what company is, most dubs these days are having their unedits released.

26. Iruka-Senpai

Didn't they say at Comic-con or in some press-release that uncut boxsets would be released in July 2006 with 13 episodes and edited versions would be released in 4-5 episode packs in March?:huh

27. Goongasnootch

It's safe to assume that the people who took good care of the series Inuyasha will also take good care of Naruto. It's safe to assume that in order to not alienate their fanbase there will be uncut and subtitled editions available as well as the TV versions available for the younger ones. It's safe to assume that in order to do good business you need to make your product appeal to everyone who will potentially buy the product. This isn't 4Kids and this isn't Sonic X.

We're getting good DVDs.

28. Iruka-Senpai

Because not all anime fans are snobs. And they can appreciate the great work the English VA's are doing at the moment. OH GOD THEY DON'T PUT NO IN FRONT OF JUTSU! How horrible and devastating. I don't think I can live through next week without the two letters N and O being in front of Jutsu!

30. Lizzy-kun

I work at a movie store and the march 2006 releases aren't going to be uncut, the uncut DVD's are scheduled for July 2006 I'm afraid. :scry