1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Naruto DVD's

Discussion in 'Konoha TV' started by Sake Hokage, Nov 12, 2005.

1. Sake Hokage the nine wang'd fox

can anyone tell me what the differance between these 2 dvd's is...

this is the set that I started collecting. I have parts 1-4 and I'm about to get this one
    ViewItem

iewItem

they both have the same eps but the boxes and prices are differant....is one set is better than the other?

Last edited: Nov 14, 2005
    Tags:
  2. Kayuuko Artistique

I can't see the auctions but if you're buying them on ebay they are bootlegs...
    So you can't speak about quality here...

You don't get any extras on such DVDs... It's just the episodes... No matter which box you buy.

3. Sake Hokage the nine wang'd fox

actually I own a couple of these (above link) dvd's and they are the real deal. Two I got from ebay and one I picked up from a local anime store (imported from Japan) This one did not have any special features.

I want to know what the differance is between the above dvd and the one below. I appreciate any help you guys can offer.

4. xeno Emmissary of Dance

I actually have the second one. They are bootlegs from HongKong but are worth it if you prefer to watch em on a full screen TV and not your computer. The subs aren't bad, not as good as DB and are a l;ittle Engrishy, but still good. But if you don't want to buy them off ebay, you can buy them here: This user

5. Sake Hokage the nine wang'd fox

aw dude....you serious, they are knock offs....DANG IT! Oh well they are good quality and the translations seem to be fine (matches up with the manga) Do the other (Japanese) dvd's come with special features? Thanks for the info and the link. rep 4 U :D

6. TUNGSTEN New Member

I get my dvds at X like the ones you've listed they are also fansubs from Hong Kong but they are also of pretty good quality and pretty cheap too.

7. Megaharrison Eternal President of the Cafe Retired Staff

The Hong Kong bootlegs are high quality? Since when? The picture qualitiy is terrible, the disks won't play on older DVD's players 50% of the time, and the translations are horrific. I will use an example of one of the lines in my Hong Kong bootleg:

Orochimaru: "But it a good wometimes to see"
    or
    Orochimaru: "Every body else in this test is just food for my powder"

If you want Naruto DVD's, get people who sell the dattebayo/animeone fansubs on ebay.

8. AwakenedCloud Ninja of the Wind

from looking at both of your links I'm pretty sure thwey're both bootlegs. If I recall, I remember hearing region 0 is rarely used since it reduces the overall quality or something like that.

9. Sake Hokage the nine wang'd fox

Ok, I just got this in the mail today and right away I noticed the case was made of cardboard. I thought it was strange because I bought part 4 from a local anime shop which was in a regular, clear, plastic dvd case that could hold 3 discs, and the covers format and style are identicle. So I popped it in the dvd player and noticed that the subs also looked a little different than the other disc I own, they were at the far bottom of the screen..almost cut off actually. I was a little pissed about the fact that even though the covers match up idenicly, one apears to be a high quality original and the one I just got seems to be as you all said a knock off. :(

Dang it!! so where the heck can I get the good quality dvd's?

10. Crush! Banned

I'm still surprised that people are "naive" enough to buy bootlegs and think that they're real DVDs. The only real Japanese Naruto DVDs don't even have subtitles.

11. Sake Hokage the nine wang'd fox

being "naive" doesn't apply here. if these are the only DVD's people can get w/ English subs how is that naive? Its called supply and demand. While I do agree with you that there are bootlegs out there, there is definitely the real deal out there as well. Most (and I stress most) bootlegs on ebay are fan made from their own computers. I have two DVD's that I bought from an anime shop that are great quality and there are definitely noticeable differences between them and the ones from ebay (I think the better quality one is from Japan and the other (ebay disc) from HK). Just because some thing is made in a different country/sub contracted doesn't make it a bootleg, it simply means that a foreign company in a foreign country made the product. For instance Takara makes Transformers for Japan but Hasbro makes them in the US. And if you look at the TF's that are sold in Korea they are different too and guess what..they AREN'T bootlegs they are a licensed product. If someone want some thing and they get it knowing that its the ONLY of its type available and its foreign, that is not naive. Its simply people buying some thing that they really want but cant get it here.

12. Crush! Banned

Yeah, that's not what you're doing. You're not buying something made by another professional company. YOU ARE BUYING BOOTLEGS. And I'm sorry, it's not naivity, it's stupidity. The Only official Naruto DVDs are the ones put out by Aniplex in Japan without subtitles or the ones Viz will be putting out in America next year. Those are the only companies who currently have a license to distribute Naruto DVDs. Anything else you buy with subtitles is either a bootleg or a fansub put on DVD. And only morons buy bootlegs.

13. Edgecrusher Nigu's buffer of butter

*a little off-topic* I did that once, and it pissed me off so bad. (It was with another series though.) The set cost me a bit over 50 fucking bucks. I'll never do it again; I want the real article, not some knock-off. No exceptions.

14. tripperdan99 Currently researching

Sometimes to get something that you've been looking for that is not a "hot torrent" file with seeds or not on P2P, you need to dip down to bootleg. I wanted the REBOOT series and got all 40 plus episodes on Ebay as VCDs. The quality wasn't the rule, it was the access to the media and story I wanted.

If you've ever used Peer to Peer or Torrent to download something you could buy at the local store, then don't bash someone getting the item already on media. You're not standing on higher ground. I pay when I can, but sometimes the vender has no wish to offer it. Thus "supply and demand" and I will get it.

Case in point: Disney will not sell "Song of the South" in the USA. So I got a copy of the DVD and now I GIVE IT AWAY to all my friends and families. Disney will not sell it here, so I gift it to others so they can have it. I certainly plan to also donate to DB (like I have other sites) for their awesome work.

Also, thanks for the links to the sites.

td99

PS I can't stand the English Dub'd Naruto, so I don't plan to buy it. Love the Sub'd by DB.

15. Crush! Banned

Viz will have the subtitled version on their DVDs so that is NO Excuse. People who download Naruto for free and don't buy it officially in SOME format (Whether the R2 Japanese DVDs or the R1 USA DVDs when they come out) are no better than garbage. Just theives.

16. Sake Hokage the nine wang'd fox

all right dude, stop, drop, & roll...
    ok..so reguardless whether they are bootlegs or not, they are the only option available to me. I dont have the ability to down load the shows on my computer so this is it for me. Tripperdan99 is on the money. Wether you P2P, burn it, download it, buy it, its all the same in the end and if you have ever done any of those than you have zero room to be calling anyone stupid.

17. kataimiko 忘れるものか この一分一秒を

dude, then go buy the bootlegged fansubs on ebay. Simple as that.

and no, I do not feel sorry for you at all. You should have been more of a smart shopper and came to the forum PRIOR to purchasing the crap dvd's.

18. tripperdan99 Currently researching

OOps, I think I just got called UGLY by a Frog

td99

PS also, what I tend to get is not available on any fansub site... (in my case)

19. Crush! Banned

Wow, so buying the official DVDs is the same as stealing in your book? Whatever. Go buy your bootleg dvds, theif.

20. Sake Hokage the nine wang'd fox

no one is asking you to feel sorry for anyone. Even if I wanted to down load off the computer I couldnt. security issues on the computer I use denies access to any of those abilities. I already have the dvd's. the whole point of this thread was simply to find out the differance between the two dvd's that were pictured in the links (which I think no longer work)

21. Sake Hokage the nine wang'd fox

I said nothing about buying official dvd's being the same as stealing. If you read more carefully, it said "Whether you P2P, burn it, download it, buy it, its all the same in the end" and you mean to tell me that you NEVER did any one of those for any type of media? I would have preferred to purchased the official dvd's you posted in the link, only thing is........ I cant speak Japanese. How was I suppose to know that the dvd I purchased at an anime shop was a knock off? I dont speak or read Japanese, they carry many other anime dvds, games, and manga there that are official licensed products so its one of those things that you just take their word for it figuring that a good business would be doing the right thing.