1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto Forums Giffie/Smilie/Emoti-dudes Guild!

Discussion in 'Art Lounge' started by skmt999, Oct 22, 2005.

1. skmt999

Based on the style originated by DoubleBlade, this is the place for people to post their little sprite people for the forum to use.

Since there are a good handfull of us now who work with this style, it gets a bit confusing as to who created what. So here's a thread that showcases everybody. You want to know who made something, either ask, or pay attention.

For the most part, it doesn't matter.
    I, for one, create for the forum to use, and for individual requests.

I have a Photobucket account where I keep my Giffies. If it isn't there, it isn't something I made or altered. I'd suggest the other creators do something similar to keep confusion down and make it easy for people to browse the available characters.

REQUESTS!
    My policy on requests is - go ahead and ask. Be polite. Provide stock. Don't whine if it doesn't get done right away.

Broken down, that's:
    1. It's up to me what gets done when. It has little to do with order of request. I do what I feel like doing. My own personal projects will tend to take precedence over member requests. Sorry.

2. Provide stock if you're serious about your request. Otherwise, it had better be so amusing to me that I feel like looking it up for myself. (don't count on that, though.)

3. I have a busy home life = little time for hobbies that don't earn money. If it doesn't get done in half an hour after request, don't get all pissy. It may take weeks. It may not. If I seem to have forgotten, ask politely if it's still on the to-do list. I just might have forgotten, or I might have gotten busy with something else, and it got bumped down the list.

These are MY request guidelines, and may or may not apply to the other Creators that update in this thread. Above all, be polite.

----------

skmt999's Giffie Collection:

Naruto/Bleach/Inuyasha/Misc. strange stuff.

YamazakiSusumu's giffies:

Susumu - I'll probably be doing mostly Naruto unless I'm really inspired. =P

Gooba's Collection:

Gooba - Most of my origonal giffies aren't really Naruto related, since skmt, db, and others have done most of them amazingly well.

If the other creators provide links, I'll post them here.
    If I get really motivated, I'll put up a list of who's done what. But... only with cooperation from the other Creators.

In fact, this whole first post will likely change as soon as we work out a Group Rules thing or whatever.

-----------
    Giffie Usage and disclaimers.

Most of us have an open use policy. I like seeing my giffies used in people's sigs and posts. It makes me feel good to know that someone liked it enough to use.

HOWEVER - if you want to take that same gif and alter it, please ask permission from it's creator.

A lot of us have been stepping on DoubleBlade's e-toes by randomly doing strange things to his originals. I apologise for anything I did without asking permission. I will make sure to do so in the future, but will also do my best not take on any request requiring me to ask.

-----------
    I'll put up some gif making tutorials here later, when I track some down online. It's as simple as using Google, but a lot of people want to have these things handed to them, rather than having to look it up themselves. :laugh

Last edited: Apr 22, 2006
    Tags:
  2. Ghokun

I cant see any ulquiorra giffie so i want to make a request .
    Stocks:
    Urahara sig1
    Urahara sig1

3. skmt999

Ah, stockage. Noted, and saved to a folder. I'll put it on my list, right after the Hell Butterfly. :amuse

I think right now, I'm doing Bleach, and Susumu is doing the Naruto requests, and Gooba agreed to take on the DBZ? That sounds about right, anyway.

4. YamazakiSusumu

Ooooo I just noticed that you made the thread. :) I'm going to make a new account on photobucket for all of mine which can be found here:

I'll probably be doing mostly Naruto unless I'm really inspired. =P

EDIT: Oh! I made this version of Sasori yesterday. It's half naked puppet-body Saso. I tried to make the blade-ish wings on his back but they looked like shit so just pretend that he has them folded up (like we've seen in the manga). lol

5. skmt999

I'll add your info to first post now. If you have any instructions for requests, or personal feelings about your work, I can add that to your section of the first post as well.

6. Gooba

Most of my origonal giffies aren't really Naruto related, since skmt, db, and others have done most of them amazingly well.

About the DBZ guys: I am working on Goku now, his hair is being a pain in the ass.

7. skmt999

Heh. Silly anime hair IS generally a pain. Thanks for the Sticky!
    (I find this ironic, since I'm generally against stickies...)

Editaming first post. ;-)

Oh, yeah. And I have a new thingie.
    I forget what the Japanese words for it are, but this is a Bleach Hell Butterfly. I'm thinking of doing a second one in profile, fluttering across the space of a sig. But... not right now. That'll take some extra animation and... I HATE PROFILE WORK!!!!1moo.

(and I fixed up the previous release. Realized that mr. Ebil's sleeves weren't outlined right. But as it's still spoilerish, I'm not going to repost it just yet.)

8. TenshiOni

I must do eveything in my power to get Susumu's smilies uploaded! >_<

9. YamazakiSusumu

I just made some new giffies. I've got Kamizuki Izumo, Hagane Kotetsu and Tobitake Tonbo in Chuunin Outfits:

I also made a set of Chuunin Examiners :

(Unnamed, Mozuku, Tobitake Tonbo, Kamizuki Izumo, Morino Ibiki, Hagane Kotetsu, Tatami Iwashi, Hijiri Shimon, Unnamed)

Attn: Ibiki's coat and head were taken from a pre-existing sprite that you can find on the forums. I just replaced the clothes underneath the coat. Thanks to whoever made him. ^_^

10. skmt999

Yeah, Ibiki was a DoubleBlade - and why is he down a pixel from the others? Is it because he was the main Examiner?

Great work on those! Just awesome. :laugh

edit: my roomies crack me up.
    I have a still version of Rukia in her sundress, and if you can tell - I fixed up her face a bit from the previous version. Thusly I updated SchoolGirl Rukia. And Orihime, but I still don't like how her features like.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2005
  11. Kayvaan Shrike

yay we finaly have it... i need to get my works onto a link...

here ae 2 more i did

12. Jh1stgen

Wow ... <3 that Rukia Bwhaha. Totally halarious and awesome:thumbs

13. skmt999

And on that note, here's a huge number of animated Bleach zOMGs. Blame my roomie, who was standing over me for half of it. XD

In fact, because I think I have more than four, I'll upload them in the order they were meant to be seen, not order of creation. Heehee.

. . . . .

That's Renji stripping off his top, and Shinigami O-Yone and me having nosebleeds.

I also made a Narutard nosebleed me, a fully topless Renji.... and for the fangirl living with me, a Renji standing in his loincloth and tats.

Then, for a different discussion (and because I had the assembly line ready) I did a Renji nosebleed.

All are available in the Misc and Bleach sections of my Photobucket. Heeheehee.

14. YamazakiSusumu

skmt, that's a funny Renji gif. Good work!

I made these sprites of the 5 Kage yesterday around noon, but I didn't have time to post them. They're basically all just re-colors of DoubleBlade's Hokage sprite.

Mizukage, Kazekage, Hokage, Tsuchikage, Raikage

15. Kayvaan Shrike

susumu i'm gona kill you i already made of those!!!

hmmm since yours is better can i use it for my sggy please:shifty :beer :beer :shifty

16. YamazakiSusumu

You did? Why didn't you post them here then? I wouldn't have made them if I knew you had already done so. Go ahead and use them for your sig if you want. ^_^

17. Kayvaan Shrike

here like it?

if you coul;d remove the wight i'd be grateful

wait not yet!

now would you plz remove the white

18. Gooba

Who is that white one that you added supposed to be??? There are only 5 Kage...

Anyway... I just made the Rain Ninja trio that everyone loves:

Kagari, Oboro, Mubi

21. Kayvaan Shrike

shadow of heaven

its for a fc...

22. CABLE

haha, I've been requesting that ever since i created the Ulqie FC. I guess it may have been a good idea to provide a stock.

23. YamazakiSusumu

I wanted to try out that Ulqiorra guy because he looked pretty neat. I don't really know him as a character, but I've seen pictures and knew his name. He's something called an Arankaru, right?

Well here's my attempt: . skmt, you can still make him if you want. I was just trying something other than a Naruto character.

24. Kayvaan Shrike

25. skmt999

I think the outfit is a little off, from what I've seen - but you got his head perfectly!
    He's got more of a long jacket over the pants, but really that's pretty good. I was kind of dreading having to attempt that half skull head covering. I'm glad you captured it so well. *whew!*

Having seen the standard 'uniform' for that class of badguy, I might alter the outfit for you later, but I've got to go out and do some errands today so it won't be until later tonight. :amuse

26. ViFlo

you guys are too 1337 at making siggy's i cry at night because of u guys =)
    =(

27. YamazakiSusumu

I'm not familiar with the Allankar (is that the correct Romanization?) so I just did what I could see in the two pictures that were posted. I couldn't tell if his shirt was just a shirt or if it was a coat/jacket, so I drew what was visible. I would be very happy if you altered the costume for me. :)

Oh. I was in a 'filler' mood earlier today so I made a gif of Sasame from the Fuuma Arc of Naruto. I'll probably make Idate, Aoi, Karashi, Sanshou, Raiga, and Ranmaru eventually. I know mostly everyone hates all of these people, but I kinda like them for some reason. haha
    Here's Sasame:

28. Kayvaan Shrike

29. Nathan

Hmmm... first time making a sprite/giffie.

It is based on Susumu's Ulquirola but this I made Shauron/Shaolin instead.

If anyone can take the white backround away, I will be happy ^_^

I plan on making all the Arrancara/Allancars if I can.

30. YamazakiSusumu

^ I haven't heard of that guy yet. I've only seen Grim Jaw and Ulquiorra before. How many of those guys are there?
    --
    I made a gif of the other group of lovable Rain Ninjas from the Chuunin Exam. Unfortunately, these guys didn't survive:

Midare, Shigure, Baiu