1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto getting more popular

Discussion in 'House of Uzumaki Archives' started by Toru Hidaka, Oct 17, 2006.

1. Toru Hidaka

I don't know if anyone has noticed this, but Naruto is getting more and more popular. I just saw a comercial for some Naruto toy that looked really childish.
    People at my school think it is some gay little kid show. We all know that it is more than that, so I just wanted to ask what you guys think. Is it a good thing Naruto is getting more popular, or is it a bad thing?

Post your thoughts.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2006
    Tags:
  2. ♠Mr.Nibbles♠

I think that it is a bad thing because with popularity comes fillers.
    True fans would know fillers and the fanboys would just think that it is another fun show to watch.
    The manga would be all that is left and alot would give up on the fillers end.

3. Toru Hidaka

omg, it'd be fillers till 2010....god, it's to horible to think of *shudders*

4. breakbeat oratory

I think when Naruto got onto American television, it screwed it up for American audiences a lot.
    The censoring is one of my main problems. I mean, they censor so much out that they practically rewrite the entire script.
    Not to mention the crappy voices done by Americans.
    Haha, listen to me ramble.

I'll shut up now :D

5. firebrand

Yeah, i'ld second that thought about Naruto not being just any other kids show. Hmm pardon my ignorance, but i think Naruto is the first show that provides me with more than just entertainment. A spread of themes are covered in Naruto, i noticed - themes such as existence, revenge, friendship, the importance of being righteous, perseverence and essentially being different. So hell no, this isn't another Pokemon. At all. Also, the characters aren't as one dimensional as other 'kids' shows. They seem to have their own share of predicaments and obstacles to face - and overcome. As such they seem so much more human to us than Ash Ketchum from Pallet Town -_-'
    Maybe those are what makes Naruto popular (at least for me). I definitely can relate to some of the characters in there.

Two cents' worth =]

6. Treima

Naruto does seem to be getting quite popular here amongst casual fans...I know that my local Borders is packed with Naruto merchandise (manga, CCG cards, etc.) and the general "awareness" of the series is rising here. I think this will benefit the series (more viewers = more budget for anime, more merchandise and possibly ENGLISH DATABOOKS), so long as they don't decide to dumb it down for the 8 to 10 crowd or decide that the amount of fans is so great that they can get away with cutting corners and not suffer any big losses in popularity.

7. Turnip Girl

I like childish toys. X3 Hell, I have a whole cupboard absolutely stuffed full of Pokémon stuff! Let's hope I can do the same with Naruto. ^^

8. Emma

When Naruto arrived in the UK some of my friends had came across it and were talking about it at shool saying how childish it is (I hate jetix >_>) so I told them to come around my house the next day and showed them what the un-edited Naruto is like and they started watching it XDD

But yeah, bringing it to other countries brings it down because they edit it so that it turns into a 5-10 kids show ;o;

9. R_Lee86

I hate to break it to you, but Naruto is aimed at kids. Even in Japan. There's very few anime that's aimed at adults. Stuff like Berzerk, Gantz, ect. Anything in Shonen Jump is aimed at a young audience. Shonen=Young Boy.

10. DeepThought

QFT You are all watching a kids whow (I like it too)
    It's just that in Japan, kids shows aren't afraid to show blood.

Popularity leads to fillers? What are you El Tardo?

11. Futagokage

But the wirst is that the censoship ruins the mood, In Germany the part of Naruto piercing his hand in the wave Country Arc were totally censured, even the blood were tinted in blue.

bue, There is something wrong? We ovprotec or children or Japanese parents do not care about them? (this sound like a philosophical topic).

12. Shika-Chou

yes, Naruto is a kids show however I would have to disagree with some of you that older people disregard it. I've had some of my most random non-anime friends come to me and ask me more about Naruto (The CN version). With the passing arcs, the story goes deeper it will draw in more viewers. Imagine all the little kids asking for Naruto toys for Christmastime.

I guess this could be good and bad. Good in that we have easier access to Naruto merchandise but bad in that Naruto may become "tainted'. If it were ever to get as big as say Pokemon, people will start to roll their eyes upon hearing the name Naruto. Though I don't think anything will top the Pokemon craze....

13. DeepThought

Naruto has more of a chance of becoming DBZ... still pretty bad.
    I ignore the US release stuff. I've already seen all these arcs in Japanese and the toys here are crap.

14. Toru Hidaka

What I ment was that, it is a show that is for like 5-12. I mean, it is so sensored, the blood is black and they like rewrote the whole skript to get all the curse words out. And like a person said before me, the people who do the voices stink (no efence to those people, don't sew me, plz...:cry ). Also, if you hadn't noticed, the Shonen Jump books are rated T for TEEN. Not E for EVERYONE.

15. Sariachan

I would like to clarify something. Naruto, in Japan, is also for children, not only for them.
    It's target is wide, actually, like many other anime, and only few have a narrowr one (only adults or only children).

16. Krzr

Yah know you can complain about it all day but....you know you love it and whether they sensor it or not its still good stuff.

17. Futagokage

only in America, baby. Many games and Age rates change from country to country.

18. AuxunauxiaNoname

People give 'kids' so little credit. They're a lot smarter than we think they are.

I remember that as a kid, my parents never really censored anything from me. But they explained to me what I saw when I asked them, and told me what was bad and what was not. Eventually I learned to discern for myself, and then my parents just didn't need to worry anymore.

Children have some of the most complex minds, they learn things super fast and often if you explain things to them, it takes them a lot less time to 'get it' than if you explain it to an 'adult'. In fact some times the 'adults' never get it no matter how hard you try reasoning with them.

I don't see why the American media censors things like anime. I mean, it's obvious that children from other countries watch the same thing... so then why? Do people here think our children are any less smart, or have less moral aptitude than the children in other countries? I mean, that can't be the case right?

I think Naruto becoming more popular is a good thing... or should be. There are quite a few good messages within the show, that I'd really like to explain to some of the kids I babysit every now and then. It'd be nice.

But then the censorship ruins the point of explaining things, because then there's pretty much nothing to explain. :mad

19. Archtyrant

Wow i'm surprised that such a topic has some of the most insightful comments.

I agree that the themes exhibited in Naruto far surpasses the mindless fighting and dramatic storylines that most cartoons or animes have to offer. In fact, it's one of the few which actually taught me some life lessons which i may not forget so quickly.

Good job, Naruto!

20. Loki

I don't care,as long as that dosen't spoile the HQ.

21. Mew♥

yeah it is but i dont really care. Just hope it doesnt make more fillers:amuse

22. wolfio1

1. Mattel makes the toys, and makes people like me who WANT good Naruto stuff here cry.

2. Um...it is a kids show, even in Japan. Hate to tell you, but it's for kids around 12 years old.

23. Toru Hidaka

yeah yeah ok ok. What I want to say is that people at my school know what Naruto is and they think it is some gay show....

24. The Black Knight

Umm... Naruto is a kids show in Japan too.