1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Naruto - Insanely Smart?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Hatake Kakashi, Oct 10, 2006.

1. Hatake Kakashi wants to make love to an

Just think, during the rock-paper-scissors with Kakashi, Kakashi told Naruto to SEND his clone into the woods. This shows that Naruto controls all his clones from one brain. Well, anytime Naruto makes say, 1000 clones, he has to be controlling all of them at once. To put this into real life perspective, it would be like doing 1000 different obstacle courses at the same time, while having marbles getting shot at you. If Naruto has this much mental capability, I don't see why he can't apply himself and learn thousands of techniques and develop amazing strategies in battle.

Agree, Disagree?

Tags:
  2. Mouten one batch

It says your infamy is contagious.

3. LazyShikamaru200 Lazier Than Previous

His clones have mental capabilities too, I suppose.

4. Superb Herb Follower Of Jesus Christ

I think maybe you read into it a little much.

5. ANBUBooBoo Patron Saint of Cannon Fodder

Naruto doesn't know what happens to his clones until AFTER they've dissapated. That's been stated many times. If he had constant individual control of them, that'd mean he'd need to know what's happenning to all of them at any given moment, which is not the case.

I think Naruto just said "Go into the woods", but it was off panel or something. It doesn't make for interesting reading to have Naruto passing on what Kakashi just said to his clone.

"Send your clone into the woods!"
    "Okay! Clone, go into the woods!"

See? Boring and redundant.

6. gabha GB's Norman

Remember waaaaaaaaaay back in the begining of series when he punched his own clone? then they all started fighting? I think that answers your question.

7. Chee Haters Gonna Hate

He is controlling his own clones' brains; nothing smart about it.

8. cbent22 is your girl's favorite colour

no naruto is not insanely smart, nor is he dumb

9. ku1jt Elite Jounin

Naruto has never been exceptional for his smart.

10. blazingshadow True Wind Rune

it goes like this
    kakashi: send you clone to the woods
    clone: ok let me go to the woods
    naruto: i wonder if this is going to explain anything

that is all there is to it. clones have a mind of their own and know they are clones. that whole scene means that kakashi wants the naruto clone to go to the woods not the real one

11. mustang BOOM

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Yea naruto is a genius alright.

12. RAGING BONER Sexual Tyrannosaurus

this thread - insanely dumb?

13. Chee Haters Gonna Hate

Not to agree with the overall point of this thread, but you can't really use Part 1 evidence when we're talking about Part 2 since obviously Naruto has improved.

QFT

14. Mouten one batch

15. ZE E?E

Goku wasn’t smart either but Toriyama created him that way because there was a purpose. Its not that naruto is stupid, its just that he is a little childish, he is what all children of his age are suppose to be, kids of his age like to play, there are exceptions like people who stay traumatised all life because they saw their loved ones die, that type of person grow up faster.

16. Splintered Active Member

It doesn't work as easy as that. MAYBE he would have the ability to become booksmart, but that wouldn't happen because he isn't that kind of learner. Learning is a much more complex process that being at one place at one time. He might learn something, but not be able to advance to the next level. It's not a good idea to split your attention either. And the longevity of the Kage Bunshin is called into question, if you want to have them learn different jutsu at the same time.

*shrugs*

17. RAGING BONER Sexual Tyrannosaurus

At 15 i was a badass panty dropper who got A's without even cracking a textbook...i was nothing like that retard.

18. ZE E?E

You say that but I?m sure you had some characteristics of Naruto, or maybe your childhood was too sad, sasuke was like any nerd who wants to have the best notes at school, people like that go home thinking the same thing all day. Where is the fun children are suppose to have? Making fun of teachers (Like naruto) and stuff like that.

19. cbent22 is your girl's favorite colour

im sure you were :notrust but anyways Naruto is no way as dumb as you make him seem, hes not necessarily smart in the way shika is smart but in a different way. as shown in the second bell test he is good at thinking on his feet and in the spur of the momement, and smart is not necessarily a great way to describe naruto clever is propbaly better when you are describingh his mental capacity. bc he can come up with some clever plans

20. mustang BOOM

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Yea, he obviously has improved. His combat skills may have improved, but his intellectual capacity have improved very little.

21. Mintaka Well-Known Member

No he's not insanely smart just.....mehish.

22. chaoserver User of the chaos jutsu

I think your just insanely dumb.

23. LordScimitar Member

I don't have tons of images to link to. But, I don't need it. So, with that said, here goes.

I disagree with Naruto's mental skills not being good enough.

He did very well tricking Kiba several times during their fight. Then, he tricked the genuis Neji.

Then, he was able to hurt Gaara in his half transformed state with an exploding kunai in the butt, where the armor was the weakest, and that was the reason why.

Furthermore, he fought Kabuto, and severely injured him and nearly killed him, and Kabuto is near Kakashi's level. And that wasn't just raw, pure power, that was mental skill to trap Kabuto like that, especially since Kabuto is the one stressing not to underestimate Naruto.

Naruto is the one who finally destroyed the Itachi "clone". Naruto is the one who came up with the plan to take Kakashi's bells in the post time skip.

Naruto is the one who came up with the plan to release Kakashi against Zabusa during their first round fight.

None of this was just RAWR SUPER POWAZ RELEASE THE NINE TAILS. NONE. It was skill. The power is a definite neccessity, but, the skill was there.

Show me where Sasuke has actually shown equal brilliance in battle. Kakashi told him exactly how to fight Gaara. Sasuke's brave, no doubt, but what has he done on his own? Peed in his pants against Orochimaru and half transformed Gaara. Did decent against Haku, but only because Naruto took a ton of damage and used up his chakra to distract Haku as Sasuke watched and strategized.

What Chuunin have even shown a fraction of Naruto's in battle brilliance?

Shikimaru, of course. Neji, but that's mostly because he's supposed to be so powerful but yet we've seen very little of it. Shino, to a degree, then that's it for Leaf. Temari and Kankurou for Sand.

Naruto shouldn't be a teacher in the academy. He knows when to use handsigns and such, as he can do the summoning jutsus. He may not have every reason behind everything memorized as Sakura does. But, does he need to? I don't think so. DURING a battle, I'd prefer to foremost have Shikimaru strategizing, then Kakashi, and then Naruto. EVERYONE ELSE comes after Naruto. EVERYBODY.

24. Art is a Bang! >:D

I wouldn't call Naruto smart, more like clever; he can think of creative ways to use Kage Bunshin and Rasengan. He isn't a prodigy, like Sasuke or Neji, nor is he book smart like Sakura; Naruto's smart in his own little way. :amuse

25. LordScimitar Member

I still challenge you to come up with a way that Neji or Sasuke have proven they are more intelligent than Naruto IN AN ACTUAL BATTLE.

I'm not saying Naruto is booksmart. I'm saying, in an actual battle, he is a genuis. He's a blend between Sasuke and Rock Lee, really. Great in battle smarts, combined with some ridiculously hard work.

I've never seen Sasuke or Neji come up with some of the great in battle plans that Naruto has.

26. cbent22 is your girl's favorite colour

yeah that is why i say he is more clever than he is smart because he is able to think on his feet and come up w some interesting and good plans

27. maxhrk Legendary Yellow Poster

naruto is not good at learning from someone with that whole 'explaination'.. so he is kindof good at learning himself with some action. Now.... one thing i wonder how the hell he can learns so fast to obtains kage bunshin techinique in one night without whole years or whole weeks.

oh well. :)

28. Naruko Supporting Staff

Naruto is smart, crafty, cunning and clever. Not insanely so, no.

As for the KB application, that's not a 'smart' thing so much as an application of knowledge gathering. He doesn't seem able to control or read his KB minds but obviously learns what they learn once they poof. He could use that to send KB out to do and learn other things, practice various techniques, etc, then assimilate the knowledge when the poof. The only drawback to this we have seen already though - a single human brain still needs a certain amount of time to assimilate what it has encountered, line up life experiences, apply thought and theory to it and basically file the knowledge away in the library of their mind. So Naruto could learn and practice more things in the same amount of time as other ninjas, but when he crashes, he'll probably crash harder. Right now he's young and energetic and has the kyuubi chakra to regenerate him but if he loses Kyuubi he might end up with like...a day of being in bed to recovering from a hard training session if enough KB are involved.

In moderation...maybe a KB or 3 or 4 on a regular basis, for briefer periods could work great for him though. But it won't make him smarter, it'll just help him broaden his repetoire of knowledge , faster.

29. Junas Tuco

I think he is more clever than smart in most spots. As far as training goes, he needs someone to help show him the ropes of learning some jutsu. For example, in the Rasengan training he was able to come up with solutions to his dilemma. The same goes for him about asking Asuma on wind manipulation.

30. Shishi-O Oda Is God

i agree, he uses the kb like breathing so i will be so bold as to say he has surpassed a level of control and intuition that the original jutsu had.

kakashi even says he can't use the kb as well as naruto can.