1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Naruto IQ list

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by vagnard, Nov 21, 2005.

1. vagnard Well-Known Member

We know that Shikamaru has one of the highest (or the highest) Intelectual Quotient (over 200). But....what about the other characters?. If Asuma did the test with other characters which would be the results?.

My guesses

Team 7
    Uzumaki Naruto= 85
    Uchiha Sasuke= 140
    Haruno Sakura= 170
    Hatake Kakashi=180
    Sai=150

Team 10
    Inuzuka Kiba= 90
    Aburame Shino= 155
    Hyuuga Hinata= 140
    Kurenai= 155

Team 8
    Nara Shikamaru=over 200
    Akimichi Chouji= 80
    Yamanaka Ino= 115
    Sarutobi Asuma= 130

Team Gai
    Rock Lee= 90
    Tenten= 105
    Hyuuga Neji= 155
    Maito Gai= 90

Team Sand
    Gaara: 120
    Kankuro:130
    Temari:120
    Baki: 115

Sannin
    Orochimaru=190
    Jiraiya=110
    Tsunade=160

Akatsuki
    Itachi: 170
    Sasori:160
    Kisame: 100
    Deidara: 170
    Zetsu: 140
    Leader: over 200

Hokages
    Shodai and Nidaime: ..... i can't even speculate....high i guess
    Sandaime: 170
    Yondaime: 140

What would be your guesses?

Tags:
  2. User Name Member

170, 140?

If you know anything about IQ, you would know those are WAY, WAY, WAY too high.

Akimichi Chouji= 80
    Chouji is not a retard...

Edit: when they say "genius," 99% of the time, they mean "fighting genius"

3. Dyroness x

I have to admit this is a bit off... >_> Here I go a bit more reasonable:

My bets:
    Tip: Try to not mix talent with intelligence. :wink

Team 7
    Uzumaki Naruto= 110~ <-Yeah.
    Uchiha Sasuke= 130~
    Haruno Sakura= 125-130
    Hatake Kakashi=130~
    Sai=135~

Team 10
    Inuzuka Kiba= 105~
    Aburame Shino= 120~
    Hyuuga Hinata= 110~
    Kurenai= 120~

Team 8
    Nara Shikamaru= 200~
    Akimichi Chouji= 100~
    Yamanaka Ino= 120~
    Sarutobi Asuma= 110~

Team Gai
    Rock Lee= 105~
    Tenten= 105~
    Hyuuga Neji= 130~
    Maito Gai= 95~

Team Sand
    Gaara: 110~
    Kankuro:100~
    Temari:105~
    Baki: 100~

Sannin
    Orochimaru=130~
    Jiraiya=110~
    Tsunade=120~

Akatsuki
    Itachi: 135~
    Sasori:120~
    Kisame: 100~
    Deidara: 130~
    Zetsu: 110~
    Leader: 110

Hokages
    Shodai and Nidaime: ~120
    Sandaime: 120
    Yondaime: 127

4. ~Tenten~ Final Heaven!

haha those IQs are seriously wayyy off. i think 110 is like normal. below 90 is a retard. i think even 150 is a genius.

5. Remedrix Cookie..

Also note that Kakashi is smarter than Shikamaru.

6. Code Zoamelgustar

100 is average intelligence. 70 is borderline retarded. 150 is definitely genius. Even 135 is exceptional I believe.

Team 7
    Uzumaki Naruto - D+
    Kyuubi Naruto - F-
    Uchiha Sasuke - 115
    Haruno Sakura - 130
    Hatake Kakashi - 150

Team 10
    Inuzuka Kiba - 80
    Aburame Shino - 140
    Hyuuga Hinata - 110
    Kurenai - 135

Team 8
    Nara Shikamaru - 200+
    Akimichi Chouji - 80
    Yamanaka Ino - 100
    Sarutobi Asuma - 145

Team 13
    Rock Lee - 90
    Tenten - 100
    Hyuuga Neji - 140
    Maito Gai - 100

Team Sand
    Gaara - 110
    Kankuro - 125
    Temari - 125

Sannin
    Orochimaru - 165
    Jiraiya - 160
    Tsunade - 165

Akatsuki
    Itachi - 120
    Sasori - 165
    Kisame - 100
    Deidara - 170

Hokage
    Sandaime - 190
    Yondaime - 170

7. Shiron BOING!!!

I agree with pretty much everything here. :amuse

8. vagnard Well-Known Member

No...below 70 is a retard. "Normal" is between 90 to 120.

The "normal" range, or range between -2 and +2 standard deviations from the mean, is between 70 and 130, and contains about 95% of the population.A score below 70 may indicate mental retardation, and a score above 130 may indicate intellectual giftedness.

So...all the called "genius" in the series should be put above 130

9. Gallic Rush Why not?

As User Name hinted at, the IQ you gave Chouji borders on mildly retarded. The "official" number for mental retardation is 70. I highly doubt that Chouji is THAT dumb. Also, IQ's at or over 170 would signify a genius, in RL terms, a Nobel Prize winner. Over 200 is an unmeasurable genius. Essentially, someone with an IQ over 200 would be capable of mental feats that would boggle your mind. That is why I SERIOUSLY doubt many of the numbers you have given here. Akatsuki leader over 200? Haruno Sakura 170? That is insane. I think you should have a better understanding of what IQ is itself before you go slapping numbers on people.

Edit: Vagnard, over 170 for Haruno Sakura is more than just a gifted intellectual. I have met few people of that intelligence level in my life. I seriously doubt, and I don't know why you wouldn't, that Sakura has an IQ even close to 170. You should also note that when the term "genius" is used in Naruto, it is meant in relation to ninjutsu (or something in Narutoverse). Only in the case of Shikamaru has the term "genius" been used in the IQ sense.

Edit: Dyroness, you were joking on the Gai number right?

Right?

10. icoselitham Lost

Didnt kakashi state that he had a mind like shikamaru just before he used MS. He should be just as smart.

11. Code Zoamelgustar

Kakashi was being conceited... or rather he was merely implying he was smart.

12. tofutofutofu Priest

i highly approve of this thread.

13. vagnard Well-Known Member

You are wrong. Read the link.

Edit-------------------------

In the character book Kishimoto give Chouji only 1 in intelligence in a scale from 1 to 5. If you don't call that near retardation I don't know what then.

Genius in Naruto means overall genius...not ninjutsu genius. Sasuke was the first in the class in all subjects...not only in terms of fight. See Uchiha Flashback. Itachi and Neji were called the greatest genius of their respective clans so I put them above. Oro was called "once-in-a-decade-genius" It's obvious that statement involve more than ninjutsu or Jiraiya would share this title.

Sakura was only second to Shikamaru in her generation. In 2.5 years she became one of the top five medics in ninja world...a task that require pure intelligence and chakra control....If you don't think of that as equivalent of our Nobels.....She is a freaking doctor genius at 15 years old. It's the equivalent to a boy studying in Harvard.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2005
  14. Rocheechan likes ramen!

I think Dyroness's scores are most accurate, but I think Sand would be a tad higher.

15. Shiron BOING!!!

Wikipedia isn't that reliable, though... All it takes is one person, whether that person is an idiot or just wants to confuse people, to mess around with the numbers and it is no longer accurate. I'd stray away from Wikipedia as much as possible. Some people think they know what things should be, when they really don't; thus causing inaccurate info to be displayed.

16. Code Zoamelgustar

Why do people think Itachi is smart? ... ......

17. Gallic Rush Why not?

What? What am I wrong about?

Less than 25% of the population has an IQ less than 89. The number for an IQ of 80 is probably close to 10%. That means Chouji is dumber than 90% of the population.

And only about 1 in 1,100 have an IQ over 150. I am trying VERY HARD to see how Sakura breaks the 150 mark so easily (170 wtf?!?!).

18. Shiron BOING!!!

In summary, basically the reasons presented in UC#1's (Copinator's) post here:

19. Gallic Rush Why not?

In defense of Wiki, which I like to use a lot :tem, if something is obviously innaccurate, it gets fixed fairly quickly. Granted, you can get some douchebag to screw you up every now and then, but it isn't that common. But I am sure that 170 is the number many Nobel Laureates are around and I just can't see Sakura at that level.

Edit: Are you people aware that "genius" in Narutoverse doesn't necessarily mean IQ? A genius ninja is someone like Sasuke whose abilities are above the norm. As far as Sasuke's intelligence goes, its probably not over 140, if that. That would mean in IQ terms, Sasuke is not a "genius." I'm just saying this so people know the terms are not interchangeable between Narutoverse and RL.

20. Megaharrison Eternal President of the Cafe Retired Staff

Well obviously the accurate IQ scale isn't realistic here, nobody and I mean NOBODY has an IQ of 200. Shikamaru would have such intellectual capability he would of gone completely insane by now.

21. Code Zoamelgustar

So basically because he was a shinobi genius means that he's incredibly smart? So Kisame who is much stronger than Konoha's elites and yet the same age as Kakashi (well a 2 year difference) should be considered more intelligent than any one not in Konoha aside from the sannin? (Whom I rated high for their creation of high level complicated jutsus, maybe Jiraiya a bit too high as I don't recall him showing much in the intelligence field, though he's not stupid.)

22. vagnard Well-Known Member

In the character book Kishimoto give Chouji only 1 in intelligence in a scale from 1 to 5. If you don't call that near retardation I don't know what then.

Genius in Naruto means overall genius...not ninjutsu genius. Sasuke was the first in the class in all subjects...not only in terms of fight. See Uchiha Flashback. Itachi and Neji were called the greatest genius of their respective clans so I put them above. Oro was called "once-in-a-decade-genius" It's obvious that statement involve more than ninjutsu or Jiraiya would share this title.

Sakura was only second to Shikamaru in her generation. In 2.5 years she became one of the top five medics in ninja world...a task that require pure intelligence and chakra control....If you don't think of that as equivalent of our Nobels.....She is a freaking doctor genius at 15 years old. It's the equivalent to a boy studying in Harvard.

I like Megaharrison said. We are talking about a fiction world where a boy with a IQ above 200 wasn't a great deal. Yes, Kurenai was impressed but...this topic wasn't talked again...like it was something without importance.

If you don't agree with the list...you could do your own guesses...after all that is the initial reason of the thread. I never claimed that my word was the law

23. Code Zoamelgustar

well that was a top of the class overall, did it say every subject? Even if it is every subject, that's in a subject intended for a younger age group, if they compared it to previous years. Say Sasuke's overall scores were highers than that of the 3rd Hokage's, then you might consider him a genius.

24. Guy Gardner "I'm the crazy one."

*Sigh*

The intelligence statistic is based more around tactical thought, book knowledge, and cleverness. Chouji's tactics are simple, he's probably average book-smart, and he's not particularly clever. Thusly, his low rating means he's only average.

Understand, I doubt anyone who is under 100 IQ could likely be a genin. The statistics are very, very skewed: I'm someone with a '1' in speed would still be incredibly fast in our world. It simply compares them with other ninja. When someone like Shino is only 'Above Average' when it comes to ninja intelligence, that's really, really saying something about how smart ninjas are.

25. Neut Tread softly & Carry a Big Axe

Not in this situation. The IQ blurb on Wiki is quite accurate. The average IQ which forms the 'bulk' of the population is between 90-110. Normally, the spread of the population according to the scale of intelligence is demonstrated on a bell curve graph plotted IQ scale against occurence. If anybody could get hold of one and paste it on, I think it would help in making sense of this IQ thing.
    I'll take 'genius' to mean anyone with 180+ since if you've got 180 you're literally one in a million. Most college grads should be able to claim a score of 120+.

26. vagnard Well-Known Member

Yes...in the Uchiha flashback Kishimoto shows that he was the first of the class in every subject. See the paper with the grades that Sasuke gives to Fugaku.

Only if he surpass Sandaime can be called a genius??...Sandaime is the freaking god of the shinobis. It isn't a fair comparison. Not because a guy is more genius than you...then you aren't a genius.

In the middle of this debate no one except Dyroness and Code have made their own lists :sad

I forget Tobi!.....65...definitively retard :D

27. Gallic Rush Why not?

A "1" probably signifies no aptitude or ability in a given field. You can hardly transcribe Kishimoto's system to the IQ rating seeing as the significance of "1" is unknown. The demographics and what the rating itself is based on are unknown factors. Hence, you can't say that "1" is near retardation because you simply don't know that.

Yes... and the evidence for that would be?

So, then shouldn't Lee, who was able to open 5 of the 8 Gates, be given a higher IQ since Kakashi called him a genius during the Chuunin prelims? Also, since you brought up "all subjects," I would like to know why that means Sasuke is intellectually superior. I was under the impression that Ninja academy taught ninja skills. So being the top in his class would mean being number one in the various fields of the ninja.

No... Orochimaru knows far more jutsus than Jiraiya (which he brags about all the time). Also, he is more skilled in using them (even without arms he was able to take both Jiraiya and Tsunade). He is clearly on a higher plane than Jiraiya is and I don't think that Jiraiya would constitute as a "genius." However, he is one of the legendary Sannin so he must be doing something right.

Becoming a medic ninja requires pure intelligence and chakra control? This one made me laugh :laugh. This is completely unfounded. Even if medic-nins are anything like doctors in RL, that still doesn't mean a high IQ is needed to become one quickly.

I hardly see how being a medic-nin transfers to RL :S. All you have done so far is show that she is good with ninja stuff, that is no indication of IQ...

28. Shoten Kage among kage

you all dont get that the intellegience level in Naruto is diffrent from our world.

29. Mukuro Death B4 A Million ?

Personally I think Jiraiya is the most genius character in the whole series. He nurtured the 4th.

30. vagnard Well-Known Member

Gallic Rush...Could you stay on the topic?..Instead to focus on my list...Why you don't post your own list?.. Like I said at the beginning. This are GUESSES. Geez...it's only opinions...