1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

naruto knows....(238 spoilers for anime watchers)

Discussion in 'Naruto Theories' started by z3r0p3n5, Sep 28, 2006.

1. z3r0p3n5

i have a theory that naruto knows the 4th's identity or at least his relationship with the 4th. i was rereading ch 238, and near the end, he put his hand up to the 4th's face on hokage mountain. but...its just a theory.

Tags:
  2. Toffeeman

That was just symbolising the fact that the 4th is the Hokage Naruto wants to surpass.

3. Kakuzu

I agree with this, but I also think that Naruto feels a connection to the Fourth because of the 9 Tails. In other words he is the "Fourth's Legacy," as Itachi called it.

4. waado

There is another explication also. Naruto's dream is to surpass all previous Hokages. Since he knows that the 4th was the strongest, he only focusses on him.

5. rasengan231mb

and even kakashi has given naruto the goal of surpassing the 4th, who we all know is the strongest shinobi konoha ever produced

6. Darkhope

Hm.. could be a connection, yes. Naruto would have to be an idiot not to notice all the similarities he and the 4th has. :oh

7. Flunitrazepam

8. Omni

Although, there have been SOME hints that Naruto could simply be faking the whole idiot thing...but I still think he's about as dense as a red dwarf.

9. Naruko Supporting Staff

@OP - Actually I've wondered the same thing. We can assume Naruto is clueless about his parentage and has never asked and no one has ever said...which is possible but it sometimes seems unlikely..the bigger the secret and the more people have to keep it, more likely it is to fail. On the other hand, Naruto isn't a crybaby, he doesn't run around feeling sorry for himself and having emo flashbacks to his childhood all the time(outside of the instances where he's sympathizing with another jinchuuriki like gaara)(basically, he isn't emo-sasuke).

I could believe it if he knew there was a relation between him and the 4th...and he knows that doesn't cut him any slack or any deals, but may be part of what drives him to succeed at being hokage - continuing his fathers dream of protecting the village. When he raises his fist and says Watch Me... perhaps he's making a promise to his dad to keep on trucking. Guess what I'm saying is in a world of fantastic ninjas and lots of death, there's no point to running around bragging about pedigree, cause somewhere everyone has one or more famous relatives. Hence he doesn't brag about it. I;ve envisioned the possiblity of someday someone says Hey by the way Naruto, Yondaime was your father...and Naruto goes 'Yeah I know. That's why I've tried so hard. He was such a great ninja, I would want him to be proud of me.' Or something like that. Time will tell =)

PS - I also think Naruto is a *lot* smarter than he lets on. I just think he's A.D.H.D. But he's so used to people either ignoring him or treating him like trash he just ignores it for the most part. There's been too many times being underestimated has worked in his favor for him to not realize the value of letting it continue.

10. Tyrannos

Naruto knows to a point.

At first, the Yondaime was Naruto's Hero and Idol. But as time went on when Naruto slowly discovered his connection with the Kyuubi, his respect did not change, but gave him a closer bond.

When Mizuki told Naruto he was the Kyuubi, he didn't understand. And didn't exactly understand until he talked to the Kyuubi as he fell down the canyon. Then he finally understood after Jiraya explained it after Akatsuki tried to capture him. And finall what bonded Naruto closer to the Yondaime, was the Yondaime's relation with Jiraya and now Kakashi (since Kakashi finally revealed he was the student of the fourth).

The next step is Naruto finally learning the truth why he was chosen, and perhaps we finally learn of his true lineage.