1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto lacks...

Discussion in 'House of Uzumaki Archives' started by Woozie, Nov 16, 2005.

Naruto need more...

1. Blood & ripped off body parts! (Pain!)

6 vote(s)
    8.5%
  2. Romantic relationships (The little red hearts)

24 vote(s)
    33.8%
  3. Death & Broken dreams (The angsty stuff)

13 vote(s)
    18.3%
  4. Yaoi pairings! (I like it rough!)

6 vote(s)
    8.5%
  5. Yuri pairings (Woot! Girl on girl action!)

2 vote(s)
    2.8%
  6. Tentacles! (Yeah, more "railing" babe)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Something else (And I'm eager to tell it to others too)

6 vote(s)
    8.5%
  8. Nothing. Naruto is excellent as it is.

14 vote(s)
    19.7%
  1. Woozie

And by Naruto I mean the series, not that blonde haired kid over there :)

There has been a lot of whining of what sucks in Naruto,
    Spoiler:
    especially now after the first arc at part 2
    , but there has also been a lot of praising of how Naruto rocks now, so I decided to make this poll.

IMO there could be a little bit more of everything of those (well maybe not the tentacle part), but I'll make it 1 choose only so you'll have to choose actually, not just take 'em all :)

I'd choose the romantic relations since I've been more into those lately.

Tags:
  2. Alia_Atreides

I agree that in Naruto lacks romance, the only romance we had so far was Rock Lee and Naruto loving Sakura and Sakura loving Sasuke... I think it would be interesting if we could see a little more of romances we could actually belive in, not adolescents crushes... And I wish we could know more about the leaf jounins... We know so much about the villains, they have flashbacks and all, and we know little about Konoha┬┤s heros... Oh, thats what I think.
    But I like Naruto anyway...

3. uncle jafuncle

No, I think the main problem right now is simply the pacing. People want it to hurry up and resolve long standing conflicts instead of wasting time on Sai the Mary Sue.

4. Dragonzair

I would've voted 'more romance' but I voted for 'other' instead.

I really hated the fact that minor characters aren't shown much. I mean, Asuma? Kurenai? TEN TEN?!?!?! XD She isn't minor but..geez...where's her place in the anime/manga?

I mean, in Bleach the minor characters get their lime light in fillers, for example. So...yeah..that's probably the only thing I can whine about.

I mean, how can Asuma not be shown more often!?!? :yelling

5. Hef

Penis

No, but really. I think Naruto lacks romance. I don't want it to be a soap opera, just a little romance here and there would not hurt. E.g. Shikamaru and Temari, or Asuma and Kurenai. Those seem to be the "real" canon couples so far, so why not take it a bit further?
    It also lacks the blood and gore. Ripped off arms and crusified heroes ? la wave arc, anyone? :spaz

And to Dragonzair, yes, the minor characters need more screen time! :yelling

I'm voting "other", because it lacks a few things and I can only vote for one. :O

6. ~ Masamune ~

Naruto lacks jutsus...they need to show off more jutsus,i'm tired of rasengans and physical attacks.There are 10000 jutsus in the world,well learn some damn genins! And oh yeah it also lacks death...(we need to kill some genins muahah)

7. Dragonzair

If I had voted for 'more romance', I would've said the exact same thing. XD

:laugh You'd only be complaining about the rasengans if you were watching the fillers too often. The manga doesn't have much of them.

8. nwoppertje

The Rescue Gaara Arc sucks? Why do people say that all the time? It has it all... Gaara fighting involving massive jutsu's while forgetting you can make clay out of sand, Akatsuki's all over the place, Gaara as Kazekage and smexy as hell, Kakashi's you-know-what-Sharingan, explosions, tears, drama and puppeteering... The first timeskip-arc does not suck, it's brilliant, and I like it :amuse

Naruto needs more romance....definately some Shikamaru and Temari looove. And Kankurou needs some love too... He needs to cuddle up to someone tonight...

9. Chamcham Trigger

I say this is quite true. Especially in Naruto's (the character not the series) case.

10. Keyser S?ze

I need more cowbell, really explore the cowbell. lol. obviously it would be relationships, since none is ever shown and a lot are hinted at.

11. Gyroscope

Could care less about romance, unless its Yuri type Romance :)

12. somedude34

I said relationships. i just thought more people needed to be in love than anything else. think of what the creator could do with the story.

13. Razgriez

Im sure Sai has pointed out what Naruto is lacking...

Anyways, I think relationships would really help, but I think Kishimoto keeps em open so that we still read it for that reason.

14. Shogun

the only thing naruto lacks is hatred, and according to Sai a wing wang.

15. cd_rom_drive

naruto lacks hatred,more demon containers and new jutsus.

jou are a b-class anime naruto. do jou know why? bec ause jou lack... hatred:smile-big (itachi stile)

edit: and if roy mustang(FMA) would be here he would say: this anime lacks miniskirts!

16. Samurai Mugen

I think naruto has too many still parts. All anime have them so it's no use, but it's when they are talking a lot and having a crapload of flashbacks to fill people who can't remember in and all that. I hate flashbacks, I have a good memory so i do'nt need to see that. I also hate it when anime makes characters dumb on purpose just so somebody can help clue the audience in on the riddle they solved. With naruto I can understand, because some of the ninja concepts can be hard to understand, like when they explained how Naruto defeated Kiba, that help a lot.

17. ChildGamez

I Have to agree with everything. Rescuing Gaara arc had it all. One of the best arcs by far.

So... I voted for romance. Just because I want to see whose going to end up with whom and so on.. Romance is always nice way to spend those not-so-fast paced moments and have less people to complain about it. I like it that Naruto slows down a little and then speeds up again (I'm talking about only manga because anime is in filler season :mad )

18. ~ Masamune ~

Lol i stopped watching the fillers and i also mean in the manga,when i first started watching naruto i reminded me alot of final fantasy. So much magic (jutsus) and summoning!! Through the show i though these genins would have jutsus that EVERYONE can use...learn the seals and you can use them. BUT NO,they all have "personal jutsus),ok? it's quite possible that they have their speciality but they can atleast learn some fire,water,...jutsus. Especially NARUTO,he has tons of chakra and keeps using same jutsus which really pisses me off. I really hope he even gets "close to yondaime" unlike naruto he has mastered&created some of the best jutsus. ...ok? i'm done:tem

19. YamiHikari

1. A main character who is overtly ambitious and tries to do his best to "protect the ones he loves."
    2. An angsty character, bent on revenge who serves as both a rival and yet the main characters "best friend".
    3. A loud-out spoken girl who will to anything to get her man and once and awhile will show up the guys and then return back to her useless ways.

Oh wait, we got all that. Why? Cause it's a shonen manga aimed at kids, that's why. For the most part there will be no death, no romance, and definately no hardcore action. Unless of course the romantic interest is nothing more than silly school girl crushes. (Thought all manga could use a little more yuri action.)

Anyways, seriously I liked the comment about needing more jutsu's. That would be better. There's only a few hundred times I can see Kage Bushin and Rasengan. (Fillers you suck at this more!!!) Really, the last new filler move consisted of the same old clones, but this time......... they spin! That's right a clone cyclone. And yes, it sucked. Weird, cy-clone... ha ha oh jeez.

Unless Naruto is trying to develop "Extreme-redundancy-no-jutsu." That would be a new move. Like:
    Naruto: HA! This is the 47th time I hit you with the Rasengan! It's almost time!
    Orochimaru: Shit dude.
    Naruto: Redundancy no jutsu!
    Orochimau: Kabuto, I'm sick of this, let's just die.
    Kabuto: Sounds good, if someone runs at me yelling Chidori, one more time....
    ---------End of Series-----------
    At that point Kishimoto and his aids would have exhausted all of their own origional thoughts and they'll interview Kisame and Itachi harrdcore 60 Minutes style. Haha an animated Barbra Walters would be amazing!

Wow how did I end up there.

Oh yes. Point: Naruto lacks variety.

20. tun

Needs more tragedy. In the kind of world they live in, too many of the characters maintain the potential for happiness. That's just not how it should be at this late stage.

And some NaruSaku romance would be nice. :eek:

21. Crush!

More Sasuke, Less Gaara and Less Naruto. More Sakura in skimpy outfits. Less Hinata, and Less Kakashi.

Oh, and more Tsunade in skimpy outfits.

22. TheoDerek

23. Grep

So far nothing, most anime shows have crappy endings so it will probably need something towards the end. Really though I have never seen an anime show that didn't have one of the following endings: a) years later everybody is happy and they all have kids blah blah blash (ex. DBZ, Digimon) b) something horrible happens and things aren't resovled (ex. DBGT, Full Metal Alchemist) or c) it really has no ending (ex. Trigun).

24. ShuiMei

I wish some characters were more fleshed-out, particularly side-characters, I don't like the introduction of all these new characters when Kishimoto has failed to develop the existing ones...

...but just for fun, and my partiality to pretty boys with other pretty boys, I'll vote YAOI

25. Yue Ryong

A little more Yaoi would be appreciated, but I have fanfics and Doujin for that, so it's OK.

26. RummY

Naruto lacks suprises and astonishing turns of action, like characters returning from their graves (that can change though - welcome, Yondaime and Obito!)

27. Spectrum

Naruto lacks Aoba. Granted, it has more Aoba than any other anime/manga series I can think of, but that doesn't mean it has enough Aoba. It needs more.

Well, I voted for the last option. Honestly, Naruto's one of the only series I can think of that rarely leaves me wanting for more in terms of the way it's put together. I like the characters, I like the character dynamics, I like the action, I like the tone (not too heavy, but not too light), and I like the plot.

And when it comes to those areas where it is somewhat lacking, such as romance, I actually find it refreshing that there's not so much emphasis placed on them. Plenty of other series have big, angsty, twisted, painful love triangles that they all but revolve around. I actually like the fact that Naruto doesn't focus on the romance factor so much--rather than throwing it in our faces, Kishimoto just leaves it to the fans to read as much or as little into the hints as they like. (After all, relationships in the series are complicated enough as it is.)

So yeah, really it just needs more Aoba.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2005
  28. Dragonzair

I change my mind now. Naruto lacks Asuma. Naked Asuma with a tomato.

29. Ruri

The series is pretty well-rounded, but I don't think it would hurt to have a little more romance. I understand that this is a shounen manga, but it would be nice to see the relationships that have been hinted at, such as Asuma x Kurenai, developed more.

30. dspr8_rugged

Recently, what Naruto lacks is the element of surprise. There hasn't been too much surprises lately.

Less angst, more focus on the main storyline. That's what I think.