1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto manga Spoilers in Avatars and Sigs *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Questions & Complaints' started by CABLE, Jun 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CABLE

A ton of important Naruto things post-timeskip have been ruined for me due to people's dumbass signatures and avatars that give away spoilers from the manga when posting in the anime board. One that really pissed me off is some guy's sig that said something like "Gaara ain't dead bitches" or something stupid like that. I obviously can assume from that that something in the manga has happened where Gaara is killed or allegedly was killed. can you guys do something about people having spoiler sigs and avatars in the Konoha TV forum?

Tags:
  2. The Sandwich Prince

If this is going to be put into effect then it should extend to Bleach as well (Not sure whether it is or isn't being done since I don't see everyone's signatures).

To just outline an example of what the rule could be to clarify everything easier:

Signatures that contain images should only be images of things not directly linked to manga featured on the Narutoforums. Examples:
    Spoiler: REAL SPOILERS
    (I.E: Gaara vs Deirdra, Hollow Ichigo, etc)

If the signature contains text then the text should also not be related to manga spoilers. Examples would include:
    Spoiler: MORE REAL SPOILERS
    "Gaara is dead, bitches! Get over it!" "See Naruto's new jutsu!" "Kakashi's new jutsu"

Failure to comply will result in signature removal followed by message concerning by a moderator.

Edit: Just noticing avatars too. Eh.. kind of hard to enforce a personal preference, but all of the Akatsuki running around could ruin things.

3. Reznor Supporting Staff

You guys raise a good points. I'll talk about this with the other mods.

4. Utz

Those are good points, but enforcing them would be kind of hard and I guess forcefull XD

5. Reznor Supporting Staff

That's what you think. :evil

Yes, spoilers in sigs is a no-no in TV. Now they need to smother them in spoiler tags.

6. Dragonzair

*stutters*
    so-so-so you mean my siggy will have to start looking like this? *points to sig*
    it looked more pretty with the dancing monkey....but i dont wanna get banned or anything....and i think i can live with that spoiler tag...

another problem is, even if we do spoiler tag them...clicking on the buttons have become more of a habit...soo...maybe it wont really be helpful...and i'm not too sure of what to put in the spoiler tag, because not everyone will take you seriously even if you say it's a spoiler...so, its not our fault if they get spoiled by clicking the buttons right?

sorry if that was too long...no one had to read it ^^

7. The Sandwich Prince

Spoiler: Manga Spoilers
    See how I put manga spoilers instead of "Spoiler. click to read." Just alter the tag

And yeah, it will be their fault. No worries if you do get complaints and someone clicked it.

-_- I'm just mad about spoilers lately in general. Wish I could delete posts.

8. Dragonzair

thanks sandwhich prince! i was out of words to keep in the spoiler tag ^^
    i'll try to tell my other friends to keep theirs hidden too ^^

9. TheMexicanKingVII

If only it was possible to code in individual signatures for each forum, that way when your in another forum a different signature would be shown. This might be time consuming for the coders of the site, but it would please a lot. The only problem is would people go through the trouble of applying a new signature to each forum?

Also seeing as many of the people here have multiple signatures it might not be that hard.

10. Gooba

I think the mandatory tags should work well enough. I am not even sure that is possible.

11. TheMexicanKingVII

Well it's possible, but were talking serious amount of coding. That would take a vast ammount of time.

12. aktee67

well.. there should be an option that says "ignore spoiler tags"
    Which will disable the button and read the spoiler, since most people here have read the manga

another option would be Disable Spoiler button
    leaving a spoiler button disabled (not being able to click on it).

by default, the Disable Spoiler button should be on.
    These settings should be in the User CP..

This forum is made in PHP, it should be fairly easy to do it.

just my 2 cents, to make things better. peace

13. Kimi Sama

I'd think about your post more seriously if you didnt have a huge Bleach spoiler for an avatar in the form of Hollow Ichigo. This is a very Bleach heavy forum, so your a walking spoiler yourself for many Bleach fans.

That aside though, you do make a very good point. I was thinking about it myself the other day.
    Spoiler: I guess I should tag this...
    As well as "Gaara is/isnt dead", a good example of the problem is Sasori and Deidara. Dozens of people have sigs and avs showing Sasori and Deidara in action, or commenting on them. This is especialy bad in the case of Sasori, as his big suprise "I'm actualy a cute little blonde boy" moment has been ruined for anime fans. Things like how Naruto and the others look, and the fact Gaara is Kazekage, have also been spoilt simply by avs and sigs

Something needs to be done, I think, cause anyone even vaguely mentioning a spoiler in the TV or HoU sections gets pounced on, but a huge number of members are inadvertaintly spoiling things just by....being there.
    Any action that is taken will have to be heavy action - no manga spoilers in any sigs or avs in any place except the library. This is gonna cause one hell of a mess.

...glad it's not my responsibility :S

14. Shikamaru-sama

It is straneg that while there was a big huge (and rather pointless) announcement about spoilers, people are still aloud to walk around with 'Gaara isn't dead Beyatches' sigs and stuff.

Its all well and good saying that it is a no-no in the TV section, but many anime-only watched also go inot the other boards, like the Ichiraku Ramen and Off-Topic Lounge, so they still get spoiled.

I guess the only solution, and its a massively unsatisfactory one, is to disable signatures for all those in the Anime-only usergroup.

15. TenshiOni

I'll start PM'ing users who have those "monkey" sigs and tell them to put them in spoiler tags.

16. ZeonNoMamono

Or people who have manga spoiling sigs could simply turn their's off in anime discussions and forums, right?

17. KAT_Ayanami

He is completely right!! Some people is so dumb that they put the latest scenes form the comic on their signatures!!

18. Masaki

Something else you could add to the anime-only group is not being able to see the manga section. Yanno, I -can-.

19. Kno7

I've just seen someone with an avatar that's bound to spoil anime watchers, and I kind of feel bad for them.

Spoiler:
    It's in the kakashi gaiden, we clearly see what happens to Obito. under the rock and all

Should their be a rule on avatars too? At least, not to put up an avatar that would show the outcome of a battle, or a death of someone?

Just suggesting :)

20. Tsukiyomi

Was there ever any ruling on this? I'm a manga reader and I'm having things spoiled for me because people make avatars and sigs out of raws before their translated.

21. Crowe

I try to tell people that have RAW avatars and signatures to wait for the subbing/scanlation before using them, but if i get many complaints about people that have been spoiled, i ask them to remove it.

By using RAW's people want to be special, they want to be the first one out. I've gotten spoiled a few times and its really really annoying.

22. Shishou

Oh Ho Ho Ho Hoooo.

I'm guilty of this. And proud. Cause I'm an ass like that.

23. Axass

Oh Ho Ho Ho Hoooo

Keep that up and I may revise my decision about only warning you.

24. Shishou

Ah ha! I was too lazy to remove it, so I tricked you into doing the dirty work for me! Brilliant idea, I might add.

Point, Kimimaro.

25. skmt999

That's the only sure-fire way for sigs not to spoil anime-only people... but they won't like it.

Just pm'ing offenders isn't going to be very effective. There's too many people, and each week there's the potential for something that someone will want to make into a sig because i'ts just 'that cool'. Personally, as long as it's failry ambiguous, it should be ok to use stuff from the latest manga - but most people don't ever think about the people who AREN'T squatting for raws like they do, so when they make their sig... spoilers happen.

In some ways, that's just the risk of getting online. You can't not run into spoilers if you run around the internet long enough.

Anyway, glad it's not my problem.

*pats own back for being ambiguous and asking permission when it's borderline....*

26. FFLN

Yes, I was spoiled by Shishou's previous avatar he had up.:darn That was NOT cool.:mad

27. Chamcham Trigger

Should there be like an official waiting period for how long it takes to use an avy or siggie from the most recent issue? Even after scanslation. Maybe like a day or two or so? But in the end it seems like no one will ever be able to be pleased no matter what is used (i.e Dub fans angry at anime spoilers, anime fans pissed off at manga spoilers, manga fans pissed off at raw manga spoilers?:huh). Maybe a waiting period could help temporarily solve one issue.

28. Gunners

I dont mean to be cruel or anything but isnt having things spoiled to be expected when both parties are anime and manga. i will happen either way to someone.

i supose i cant put my self in the situation seeing as i view manga the day it scanlated.

29. Tsukiyomi

Its true one group will always get spoiled, but I read raws before they're scanlated and even I'm getting spoilers. I say they're should big sigs or avatars spoiling anything that hasn't happened in the japanese anime, FCs are another matter, those can be contained in spoiler tags...now that I think about it spoiler sigs can as well, its just the avatars that need to go.

30. Kashama

I actually have a decent way, what if it were like groups, you sign up for the anime only group, so you only can acess the part of the forums like that. I guess wed have to figure something out for the people that watch both.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.