1. The first My Hero Academia Banner Contest is here! We are pleased to invite you to participate.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hello Guest,

The Konoha Country Club is hosting its first Poetry Competition!
    The theme of the competition is "What does friendship mean to you?"

If you are interested in entering, please click here.

-- NarutoForums Staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

6. Give NF the love she deserves! Join the NF-chan drawing contest and draw NF as NF-chan now!
    Earn some prizes... and maybe hugs and kisses from the forum herself?!
    CLICK HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  7. [​IMG]

House of Uzumaki has a new banner contest! Please, check here for details and place your vote.

Dismiss Notice

Naruto or Bleach Method

Discussion in 'Society TV' started by Nuzents, Jun 7, 2007.

Naruto or Bleach filler methods

1. Naruto

8 vote(s)
    10.7%
  2. Bleach

67 vote(s)
    89.3%
  1. Nuzents The Magnus

Ok, dont' come in this site much but lately Bleach has been getting back into filler ep. I don't know how long exactly since I don't read the manga for Bleach only for Naruto. The question I have is which methods do you prefer for fillers, Bleach or Naruto.

Bleach does a lot of manga related eps with no fillers, then slowly start going back to a filler ep(s).

Naruto on the other hand are staying with the manga but having filler inserted into each ep.

Personally I like the Bleach method because if this was used in Naruto, I know there are pieces that are skipped that could be referenced in the anime later. Sure it the same with Bleach.

Tags:
  2. SiSL The Hun

People who hate fillers does not need to watch fillers to see part of manga and not spoiling fun of "content" by inserting some other filler on very same episode.

[anon] Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann - 10

That might be a reference

3. hazashi youre reading this

4. wiplok Wonderful.

oh man, bleach is way much better, naruto shippuden suckz so bad, i was really excited to watch a couple of fights on naruto, but they completly screw them up :cry

5. Ibox L? box

Bleach all the way. That way I don't have to wait ages for my favourite moments. In Shippuuden I was waiting for the Sasori fight to happen in ep 10 and they still aren't there.

6. Esponer Brief Intermission

The Naruto method is better, but Bleach is better at fillers. Bleach could use either method and it'd be fine, Naruto can use either method and they'll screw it up.

7. Ibox L? box

In Bleach I think they at least could've extended the SS arc. It was a mistake to rush it all the way through so fast. Bleach would be perfect if the pacing was a bit slower.

8. Juggernaut1985 Kubo's Troll

At least there is some sort of actual story going on with some substance. Even if the filler is just filler it can be tied into the canon bleach storyline. Hell I thought the Bounto Arc was for real before I went abck and read the manga to find...there was no such thing. But all the same I was entertained.

9. Portgas D. Ace THe master

Bleach story tries to tie in with Canon, even during the canon they make reference as if it really happened within the story and caused an impact. Naruto fillers go then characters pretend it never ever happened. Plus longer filler arc makes more sense 6 episodes each like Naruto...

11. JaneDoe Unidentified Kunoichi

Bleach-method. The downsize is that there are some nerve-wracking interruptions by some left-over filler-characters. Yes I am talking about those damn bounto-sensors!

Im glad that there is no such thing in Naruto.

12. shirobaka New Member

Bleach fillers>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Naruto fillers

13. Marsala The Ice-Cream Man Cometh

14. Juggernaut1985 Kubo's Troll

At least the Bleach fillers have good animation. But Bleach always has.

15. Captain Pimp Sugoi!

Shippuuden drags on some good fights with so many filler moments.

16. Gene ? ロ?

I stopped watching Shippudden because of the "Naruto method"

17. Esponer Brief Intermission

I think many of the comments supporting the Bleach method are mistaking the methods for the degree of success. The original poster is asking which is preferable: padding out canon with non-canon events here and there, or having filler arcs. I said I preferred the former but I'm actually not entirely sure, and will depend on how well the team can do both.

It's obvious that the Naruto anime team is far, far worse at original material than the Bleach anime team, but that's besides the point.

18. Noah is soooo startled.

Going with the original question, I say the Naruto method is far better. Naruto's biggest problem right now is the pacing, not the filler. So far, almost all of the filler inserted into Naruto has been quality filler. It's just that the episode moves so slow that the filler seems to drag out.

On the other hand, Bleach has a much better method for full filler episodes. Where Naruto went almost two years with filler arcs that spanned 1-6 episodes each, Bleach makes an entire filler arc. The Bounto filler last, what, 30 episodes? But they were all linked to tell a moderately interesting story. The villains were given stories and characters even developed some (within the limits of what happens in the manga).

It seems that it's going to be this way again with the new (and hopefully much shorter) filler arc. Not only that, but it looks like it's going to focus on secondary characters, instead of throwing secondary characters in as an afterthought.

So which method is better? Shippuden.
    But who handles filler better? Bleach.

19. Eyeshield_20 Member

Bleach fillers are more enjoyable, but Naruto gets the job done. Because what are the purpose of filler? To create space between the manga and the anime so that the two stories don't overlap. Bleach is frightenly close to the manga right now, in fact I was worried it was getting too close just like Inuyasha did. Inuyasha made the mistake of actually out running the manga and the anime was cancelled because it. Inuyasha didn't get back on the manga until the last 4 episodes, but they completely changed the series of events and encounters that completely contradicted the manga. Naruto on the other hand has a safe amount of space between the anime and the manga. There were like 95 filler episodes, so there should be at least 2 years worth of catching up for Naruto to do, While both Bleach manga and Bleach anime are both in the Arracer/Hueco Muedo Arc. No one wants Bleach to go on Haitus to widen the gap so the anime should keep using fillers until the Manga gets to the Winter War Arc.

20. Yamato (Inactive) Banned

A method of no fillers and changed time schedule for few months.

21. Shadow Blade Resonance

Even though the Bount are was disjointed and felt out of place at some points, it was A LOT better than Filleruto.

22. Slice Dangerous

I prefer the Bleach method - people who hate fillers can just skip them - but the problem could be the same as in Naruto's part 1 when you had 2 years of filler.... if there are 3-4 filler episodes every 15 (or so) canon episodes i dont mind but if they do 100 canon episodes followed by 100 fllers... no i dont wanna think about that.

23. Esponer Brief Intermission

The Bount arc was definitely a better idea than many short arcs. You've got to wonder though, what montrosity would the anime team create with that opportunity? I would've done something like exploring the Mist for a 30 episode arc, and some Swordsmen who isn't just a poser like Raiga, but I imagine them doing something stupid like 30 episodes of Mizuki.

24. Byakuya Retired

Bleach method is way better.

25. Metric Jay Chou tard

Even if the fillers are crap at least you have the canon episodes which are good.

In Naruto if the filler is crap then it spoils every sigle episode.

26. Rokudaime Active Member

Somehow the filler scene or incident become canon for the anime.

27. Lux inactive melancholy ?

28. Lord Snow MOAR Kittens

29. Violent-nin It's Morphin' Time!

30. Star Hinata's fan! :D

Bleach method all the way. The Naruto method has killed my love for the show and i've finaly put bleach at my top as of three weeks ago.

it's so sad. *sigh*