1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Naruto Or Bleach?

Discussion in 'House of Uzumaki Archives' started by Rokudou Taichō, Apr 30, 2007.

What is a better show

Poll closed Jul 22, 2007.
  1. Naruto

91.4%
  2. Bleach

8.6%
  1. Rokudou Taichō I survived the Fillers

An Honest discussion

Got into Naruto first, then stumbled across these forums and joined up. Noticed this bleach section and when i finished watching Naurto part 1 and was waiting for Shippudenn i started to watch bleach.

IMO.Personality and character wise, bleach is much better than naruto. The only characters from naruto that can compete are naruto and sasuke.

In world/universe building, naruto tends to be stronger.

In awesomness of moves, naruto tends to be stronger. Though it must be noted that bleach fights tend to be more adrenaline pumped with better dialogue.

Story wise, naruto was at its best in the beginning, but started to slowly spiral downwards. While with bleach, the story was non existent in the beginning, while it gets slowly better with a few ups and downs here and there.

Personally, i think the first arc of naruto was amazing and is still unrivaled by anything else. But right now at this point in time, bleach is the better series, with lots more potential.

Before I get neg repped, I only posted this to resolve an issue with a friend. I want to know what the other Naruto fans think. And please be honest, this is not based on preference.

Tags:
  2. Tmb04 P-I-M-P

Bleach does have alot more Action goin on than Naruto does

3. Kai R I N N I N G Retired Staff

I loved how the first arc had stuff to do with school, jokes, and weaklings taking down the elite. Now it's completely different, I still enjoy the series, but it's nothing compared to the first arc(and I doubt it would ever be).

As for Bleach, it did get significantly better compared to the beginning, but I still find it overrated. It's alright to me, but I'd choose Naruto over it.

4. Lord_Amesius Lord of Hunger

Bleach defenitely better as far as action goes, I think Naruto has better characters, and they're about the same as far as story goes (for their type anyway, Naruto's story line is more like One Piece and Mar while Bleach's story line is more like Yu-Yu Hakusho, DBZ, and Ruroni Kenshin )...

But I'll have to go with Bleach because while the characters are just as good in either series they're dialogue is much less cheesy and not as overly emotional in Bleach.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2007
  5. Mukuro Death B4 A Million ?

My honest opinion

Straight away I have to disagree with this. I think the characters in Naruto have tons more depth than those in Bleach. Just pit Naruto against Ichigo (the two main characters). Compare the depth of these characters...Ichigo is nowhere near as human as Naruto is. I don't know how you perceive the manga (if you read it), but it's clear to me the depth in Naruto is greater than that of Bleach. Look at the number of characters in Bleach, they're all practically brushed over cos there isn't enough time to get into detail with most of them.

I think story-wise, Naruto is stronger than Bleach too. It's just that ever since part two started, Naruto has been crossing over into the realm of the ninja world outside of Konoha. The kids in Naruto had no choice but to grow up fast, otherwise they'd be dead meat once they left the village to represent their land. This may be why the story seems a little rushed and less well-thought out...however, IMHO, it's still very much alive and without a doubt, existent.

That's all I've got for the meantime.

6. Lord_Amesius Lord of Hunger

Its not a pirate, if you dont what Metal Gear is you've been under a rock since '97.

7. Lelouch71 Zero

I prefer Naruto story over Bleach's since it reminds me more of Rurouni Kenshin (which one of my fav) especially the Kyoto arc.

8. glacieous Legendary

Naruto i not one of my favorite animes but I think it resides higher then bleach, in my list of animes.

9. Anko hi i upgraded your rams

For awhile there, I liked Bleach more--but then Bleach's plot got pretty boring to me after the Vaizards, so I went back to following Naruto. I like Naruto over Bleach now, but I'll probably go back to at least watching both anime soon enough.

10. zerrox Naruto : energy ninja number 1

There is no way that Bleach is better than Naruto. I'm seriously thinking about stop watching Bleach but the last episode made me change my mind but I can't wait for Dattebayo to release the next episode of Naruto Shippuuden smile-big
    I'm tired of all that "Shut up", "Bastard", "Damm you" and those stupid drawings in Bleach :notrust

11. Judgemento It's a duck

I dont know why but the only things I agree on are this...

12. Yakushi Kabuto Socks Activate! Shape of a

I only ever got up to volume 15 of Bleach, lost interest around there. I never really connected with any of the characters like I did for Naruto. Although the story of Bleach was more interesting to me, finding the characters lacking I saw no reason to stick with it. My love of a series is highly driven by the personalities involved in it.

13. docterjoy :[)

I don't know anything about Bleach ( I saw one episode at an Anime Club) but Naruto has a lot of character dephth, hidden meanings, inner and outer conflict, and good animation and art.

The problem with NAruto fights is that there is chitchat and no fighting, and then just fighting with no dialouge.

14. Sliver Fang Active Member

Bleach was boring to start with and took forever to get going. but when it got going it still wasn't what i excepted. i excepted something way more. the soul society arc was pretty much BORING. the stroy line overall isn't all that great and needs help on working on it to make it better. the characters i like but they need to go more into dept with the characters so we can tell who they really are not just some their sword name. but yeah Rukia rocks only because i think she has the best attuide and has the coolest shika ever but this seris isn't enought to trump naruto.

Naruto on the other hand is a great anime. though the first 3 or 4 espoide was boring. But things got interting during the mist arc. the chunnin exam arc was pretty cool too. but ever since they did the Shippuuden arc not really good. i like the manga better in this section so far. Naruto also have a overall goal in terms of the storyline so we know why he is doing what he is doing to achive his goal. the characters in this anime is way more in depth too. we see most of their flash backs and they show a lot of emotions that we know how they feel so we can relate to them.

While in terms of action i would say naruto is cooler only because there are so many stlyes not just sword slashing and kido. and also the hand signs thing in naruto is just so cool. but bleach does have better affect, but bleach still lack emotions.

so naruto is better overall in my terms of a good animation.

15. Johnokage The Dragon Hermit

I started watching Naruto and Bleach at the same time and have continued to watch both. I find Naruto the best of the two because I feel it is less about a character's power and more about the character's themselve's.
    Dont get me wrong, I love to watch new killer moves as much as anybody else, but I get bored when a manga gets stuck in the "titanic power struggle" like DBZ did, and more and more I get the impression that is the path Bleach seems to be following.

16. Saya - - - - ♥ ;

Bleach is great; and that isn't a pirate. :notrust

17. SharinganMasterKun Banned

Which show do you like better?

And is the Cursed Seal stronger than the demon fox. Because if Sasuke didnt have level 2 form demon fox on he wouldnt have beat Naruto with the chidori.

18. Sky is Over Active Member

Since I'm not that familiar with Bleach, I'll be leaning towards Naruto.

19. Aokiji Well-Known Member

bleach>naruto. And kyuubi>Cursed Seal.

20. Kyosuke ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i like naruto than bleach!

21. DethStryque *Murderous Intent*

Hmm i enjoy watching bleach...but i like watching naruto better

22. uncanny_sama Que Veux-tu

bleach >>> naruto

naruto is based on fail uchihatardism
    plus kishimoto fails

the whole concept of naruto fell out the window as soon as he got acknowledged by the village
    now the whole story is about getting sasuke back to konoha witch is rediculous, if thats what he wants to do leave him the fuck alone

and now hes even the "strongest" character in the series

gtfo kishi, go make a decent story cockfag

bleach owns naruto

23. Snowblind Member

Yeah, Naruto Anime has a stupid, shitty storyline.

Gotta admit, Naruto FanFiction is pure gold, though.

24. Halcyon Dreamz Arsonist Choir

Well I like both but Naruto's the only one that I really look forward to reading every week

25. Vandal Savage The Magician Supporting Staff

I like both but Naruto more since the creation of team Hebi.

26. Instant Karma Professional Lurker ಠ_ರೃ

I like both but manga-wise, Naruto is kicking Bleach's ass right now.

As for anime...i suppose i'd still choose Naruto, just because i still get flashes of what it was like waiting for Shipuudden to come out.

27. cloudsymph I am MELON-LORRRRD!!!!!

bleach = win naruto is a good read though. it's still hard choice either way. its more do you like ninjas or swordsman/death gods better.

28. Orochis_bitch Likes silly hats.

I like Naruto better, but that's only because I'm not familiar with Bleach. For which I'm open to learn more about it.

29. PlayStation CAPTAIN MARVELOUS

as for Manga :Naruto
    Anime :n also Naruto:laugh...

30. Enzo Active Member

Bleach is cool. But Naruto is cooler!