1. It's Time to Duel! Welcome to the NF Yu-Gi-Oh! Grand Championships. This tournament will span across 4 sections:
    Akihabara Lounge| Mafia | OBD |The Alley
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

5. BoOooOo!

Come one, come all to the wondrously eerie Pumpkin Patch! Perform tasks and challenges each day to stock up on the mystical Pumpkin Coins and use them to exchange for grand forum prizes! Don't miss out on this once in a lifetime opportunity, don't fear that which lies beneath the surface!

Schedule:
    Signups; October 10th - 15th
    Tasks and Challenges; October 15th - 29th
    Pumpkin Picking; October 30th - 31st
    Dismiss Notice

6. A blank contract written with magical ink?! Check out our Spooktacular Trick or Treat Event.
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto or Goku? who is Better?

Discussion in 'Akihabara Lounge' started by Bill Goldberg Fan, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Bill Goldberg Fan Member

2. Who is Better Husband?
    3. Who is Better Worker?
    4. Who is good with his Friends?

Tags:
  2. Ishmael I'd rather you hadn't seen that.

Neither of the plot bros are better then another in any category.

3. Analyzer New Member

I would honestly say Naruto in all categories, no contest, but Naruto is, as funny as it is to say, more realistic of a person than Goku.

4. harapachan New Member

I would say Naruto. Because I don't know Goku that much. But I honesty had the biggest crush on Goku when I was 6 or 7. Haha.

5. Batzzaro29 Well-Known Member

Of course Goku he is entertaining, where Naruto is boring as shit.

Goku.
    1 - His sons respect him, wants to be like him.
    2 - he put ups with chi-chi nuff said.
    3 - Goku is a reddish farmer, Naruto's job does not exist.
    4 - Goku... he does not need sad back story to make friends and overall optimistic to be around unlike Naruto.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  6. Yagami1211 The Dragon of Dojima

France
    Catdank Faction:

Goku is a terrible father, brings his son to Namek after he almost died against the Saiyans.
    He doesn't like working as a team.
    He never kissed Chichi or even knew Gohan was going to be born.
    Goku would rather train than work, Naruto would rather do the opposite.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. Batzzaro29 Well-Known Member

Still more entertaining then Naruto and his boring speeches.

8. Yagami1211 The Dragon of Dojima

France
    Catdank Faction:
    And this is relevant to the topic because ?

9. hysoka uchiha Member

characterization Naruto in the first three, goku in the latter, Naruto does not have any true friend does he?

10. Gin Ichimaru's Shadow Sanbantai taicho Ichimaru Gin

Poland
    Question should be moved to another section. Kuchiyose no Mod(s) jutsu !

11. Ruthless Tsuchikage Active Member

Easily Naruto. Goku's enjoyable and a nice guy but as a character I feel he's more of a plot device where Naruto is an actual person.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  12. Ignition Matarah Sukha

I haven't watched Dragon Ball in a while, as far as I can remember Goku was this amazing warrior who desires to protect the world but unlike Naruto he doesn't excuse his violence and thirst for battle with ideals and flowery words.

As for the categories, I suppose Naruto is a better parent and husband, but he does neglect his friends and social life with his non-existent work.

13. Keishin Well-Known Member

France
    Catdank Faction:
    That would be dub Goku. Original Goku isn't really like that.

15. Spider-Man Happiness is the Smell of Sin

France
    Gohan was the one who left the Earth to venture off to Namek in search for the Dragon Balls, he did this by his own accord, Goku didn't order him to do anything. He was hospitalized.

Not going to argue that one, Goku, like with Vegeta, cares more about fighting strong opponents and something as petty Saiyan pride, than teamwork. He always hated the idea of overpowering his opponents with numbers instead of a "fair" one-on-one fight. IIRC, Goku would rather almost die against Beerus than use the powers of a SSG simply because he didn't like the idea of borrowing powers from everyone else just to be strong enough to spar with Beerus. The same thing that spurs Goku to protect others is the very same thing that creates his dramatic foil. He is extremely proud of his hard work and his power, but that makes him extremely arrogant.

Saiyan nature. Toriyama has made a point across that Goku, due to being a low-class Saiyan is programmed to see his significant other as a companion at best. As for not knowing his own children's birthdays, that's mainly due to flanderization. Goku was never supposed to be dumb, just childlike and naive to certain things due to living in solitude from civilization for his entire childhood. The closest thing he got to an education was when Muten Roshi forced him to read at least once a day during his 8 months of training. So he's not booksmart and he isn't interested in anything besides fighting, so he comes across as a simpleton. The fans however took this as him being born retarded or the bump to the head being an explanation as to why he's so dense at times and Toei + Toriyama couldn't resist writing more "Goku does a stupid thing" jokes.

That doesn't make Naruto a better person than Goku, that just means he is more committed to his job to a fault, which creates Naruto's dramatic foil as a father. Naruto more or less abandoned his family at the expense of his job. He could've made a thousands of shadow clones, all of which could be juggling his work and went home to spend some quality time with his family, but he doesn't want to. He didn't even want to attend his own daughter's birthday, yet, he's ready to go off adventuring with Sasuke.

16. Butt Chugger Semen Demon

17. DemonDragonJ bringer of light

Are you seriously asking a question such as that? Do not the other eleven of the Konoha 12 count?

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
  18. Keishin Well-Known Member

Does Naruto have any true friends that allow him to choose for himself instead of those people just being his dick suckers like the rest of the cast. In fact they all almost have the same personality and character traits as well :leo

19. Kuzehiko

Naruto
    Naruto
    Naruto

Naruto owns him in every single of your questions.

20. Alita54 Alita>You

21. Kinjin Silver Bullet

1. Naruto
    2. Naruto
    3. Goku
    4. Draw

22. Blade DAN DAN

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Neutral Neutral x 1
    • List
  23. Tom Servo Pants Pants Pants Pants

Goku for all of them.

Naruto goes out of his way to stay in an office all night to stay away from his family that takes actual dedication. Goku just has a fetish for training and doesn't know any better.

24. Sequester Lacking in Luster

Goku is a shit father, and a trash husband.

If by working you mean training then sure he would be great at that, but if you are looking for something that requires consistent responsibility then I would choose Naruto considering he actually has a job.

25. Hubris You're Welcome!

I second this thought. Goku is a terrible father.

Yes because allowing your five-year-old to run off and fight baddies is a sound parental decision.

26. Spider-Man Happiness is the Smell of Sin

France
    I never said it was a wise decision of Goku to encourage Gohan to venture off to another planet though? I said Gohan wasn't forced to head off to Namek, Gohan volunteered to venture off to Namek to resurrect his friends by his own accord, Goku didn't force him to do anything.

27. Fusion Well Known-Member

Are you implying Goku doesn't want to protect the world? :catthinks

28. Hubris You're Welcome!

So you're saying that Goku doing nothing to prevent his child from throwing himself into danger is okay? Okay, so Goku lets his son go to Namek where he is almost killed by Recoome.

I mean look at this picture, he looks like he's on death's door. The reunion doesn't last long as Goku loses his body to Ginyu after this fight Goku goes off to get healed while Gohan along with the others get their ass kicked until Goku is fully healed. Of course, he saves his friends and family, but as the battle nears the end instead of fleeing with his friends and family he chooses to stay behind and face his demise. After that whole ordeal, he confirms everyone is still alive and chooses not to be with his family. Instead, his chooses to stay and learn some fighting skill.

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • List
  29. Sequester Lacking in Luster

Honestly with these parameters I don't even know how this is a discussion.

Goku is a deadbeat dad, literally, he has been dead for the majority of both his sons childhood. When it comes to fatherhood goku I is on par with the likes of Ging from HxH, ging has him beat for shitty dad by a little bit.

Edit: oh and sasuke is pretty shit too. In fact maybe if sasuke was in this discussion instead of Naruto, this whole thing could actually be debatable.

As for husband, who was ever left with the impression that chichi was a happy wife?

Goku is disqualified from work scenario. on one hand you have a character in Naruto whose job is to run a town, and then we have goku who..... Has never held down a job to my knowledge.

I don't know, maybe in friendship they are comparable to each other, imo both series showcase friendship poorly.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  30. Spider-Man Happiness is the Smell of Sin

France
    Goku is not a very good parent because his family is not his top priority. However, that on itself doesn't make him a bad parent since he actually loves his family, is nice to them and he actually spent most of the time that he could on the series with them (you know, when he isn't dead or is gone fighting some doomsday villain).

He only left his family twice out of selfish reasons:

1.) When he wanted to learn the Shunkan Ido from the Yardrats (which actually ended up saving everyone, including his family).
    2.) When he left with Oob.

On the first scenario, he only remained gone for a year and he also knew that his family knew about him being alive and in training thanks to Porunga. On the second, he mentioned he would visit them and since he has the Shunkan Ido, I would imagine he would visit frequently, even if it was just to have Chichi feed him his favourite meals.

Goku's worst moment was during the Cell Games where he gave Cell a senzu and pitted Gohan against him in a gamble to see if Gohan'd tap into his latent potential and beat Cell. That was the only moment in the series when he actually allowed his priorities get the best of him and endanger/harm his family (Gohan), even though Goku was right about Gohan's power. However, even Goku noticed his mistakes thanks to Piccolo that Gohan isn't a badass warrior like his father, he proceeded to apologize and tried to amend his shortcomings. So yes, Goku is not a very good parent because his priorities lies elsewhere, however, he is somewhere between being good and decent parent. He definitely isn't a shit father like some you're claiming.

"But HoroHoro, Goku doesn't have any job! He's a freeloader!"

Remember when Goku promised Chichi he'd get a job once the Android conflict was over? But then he died to save the Earth, his last words being "I'm proud of you Gohan, tell mom I'm sorry," decided to stay dead so that he wouldn't attract bad guys, a sentiment which Bulma and the North Kaio agreed on. He was supposed to be dead for good but then he got miraculously resurrected by a god to deal with Majin Boo, and once peace is restored on Earth, what is the first thing Goku does? He keeps his promise to Chichi and actually gets a job as a farmer, and it's a job he takes pride on. When his product gets complemented, he feels accomplished.

As for who is better between Goku and Naruto as a father and family man? I don't think either one of them are particularly great parents. Naruto is no better than Goku, he's probably decidedly worse as Toriyama has made a point across that Goku due to his low-class Saiyan heritage is genetically wired to see his family as nakama at best even though he'd go papa wolf if you fuck around with his family, he doesn't have a "human" concept of family. Like with Goku though, I don't think he's a bad father, he also lies somewhere between a good and decent parent, but he isn't exactly the Father of the Year.

Inb4, "But HoroHoro, Naruto's the Hokage! He's very busy to spend time with his family!"

You mean he's busy during a period of peace? Sarutobi managed to spend some quality time with his family, and Hashirama did too, and the period he was living in was more tense, there's no excuse. Even if he's busy, a busy dad would apologize for not spending time with his family, instead of chastising his own child (Boruto) and coming up with excuses, a busy dad would understand it's his own responsibility to give the attention his child craves, instead of telling his son it's his job to endure. If Naruto is too busy with his job to spare time with his own family, don't ever start a family in the first place, don't reproduce. I'm indifferent with Boruto as a character, but I agree to a certain degree with his criticisms against Naruto as a father.

Uhm, no. I never said that either. Lay off with the strawmen arguments. Number two, Goku never put Gohan’s life in danger purposefully until the Cell Games (as stated above), Goku and Co. didn't know Freeza and Co. were invading Namek and the Namekians were said to be peaceful. So it wasn't exactly supposed to be a dangerous journey, more like a field trip to revive their dead friends.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018