1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. Some Pokémon went missing during Easter time. Please, help us to solve this case. Check Detective Pikachu and the Eggstravaganza Case.

Dismiss Notice
  6. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Naruto Part 1 Themesongs Study

Discussion in 'Konoha TV' started by chaosakita, May 28, 2007.

1. chaosakita 我愛羅の愛好者~~!

I was kind of bored, so I decided to do a study for the popularity for the various theme songs of Naruto.

To do this, I went to last.fm, which had a section for the number of people recorded listening to that song each week. Obviously, the higher the number, the more popular it is.

For the study, I used the translated names, not the Japanese ones, except for Raiko, because the Japanese name was the most popular one. Also, I used only one version for the names, except for The Massmissle, which I used The Mass Missle for them too. Finally, I used alternate versions of the names of the songs.

So, here are the results:

Openings:

Rocks (Hound Dog)- 247
    Haruka Kanata (Asian Kung-fu Generation) - 948
    Kanashimi wo Yasashina ni (little by little) - 352
    GO!!! (Flow) - 498
    Seishun Kyousoukyoku (Sambomaster) - 406
    No Boy, No Cry (Stance Punks) - 210
    Namikaze Sattellite (Snorkel) - 188
    Re:member (Flow) - 248
    Yura Yura (Hearts Grow) - 224

Endings:

Wind (Akebosh) - 959
    Harmonia (Rythem) - 281
    Viva Rock (Orange Range) - 287
    ALIVE (Raiko) - 112
    Ima made Nando mo (The Massmissle) - 21
    Ryuusei (TiA) - 123
    Mountain a Go Go Two (Captain Straydum) - 129
    Hajimete Kimi to Shabetta (GagagaSP) - 30
    Nakushita Kotoba (No Regret Life) - 161
    Speed (Analog Fish) - 131
    Soba ni iru Kara (Amadori) - 81
    Parade (Chaba) - 158
    Yellow Moon (Akeboshi) - 165
    Pinocchio (Ore Ska Band) - 101
    Scenario (Saboten) - 52

Hm...I find these results very surprising. There seems to be no pattern at all for the songs at all, other that songs for canon episodes seem to be higher than the ones for filler ones. Also, large, rather well-established bands (Asian Kung-fu Generation Orange Range, and Flow to a less extentent) have more people who listen to their songs.

However, that doesn't explain Akeboshi's popularity, as he is virtually unknown for anything other than his Naruto songs.

Also, there's no way for determining the popularity of the singers who are only noted for their Naruto theme songs. If there's anything else listened to by them, it's the songs that are on the single with the theme songs.

However, I might be over looking a very important factor-the quality of music. As I have not listened to all of the songs yet, I do not know what might attract Naruto fans to go listen to that song. Do you guys have any ideas?

(I did find one concrete thing, though-none of the Naruto singers preform under their given names!)

Tags:
  2. starlacyi crusher of Meg's loves

It is rather strange...I would think that they would be more popular. Maybe not many people pay much attention to the opening/endings? Still, I don't see why the singers don't preform under their real names. This is actually a really good topic to study 0_o

3. Magoichi Original way of the Gun

HA! Eat that you GO!! lovers!

Although I'm not happy about the fact that GO!! beat Seishun Kyousoukyoku.

And I am really suprised that Yura Yura only got 224. Great song but, are Hearts Grow just not popular or is it because it was an OP for the last fillers? :huh

4. chaosakita 我愛羅の愛好者~~!

I think fillers had something to do with it, but I bet if a new band (that wasn't already on Naruto) had made a song for the fillers, Yura Yura would be number one. But I'm surprised how it managed to get all of those viewers, considering how many people were tired of the fillers by then.