1. img
    The KCC is hosting a Short Story Horror Contest!
    The deadline for entries is October 24th at 1am UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. img
    Are you an artist that loves One Piece ?
    Join the OP Fanart Contest in the Ohara Library!
    The deadline is on October 21th at 7:00 pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. img
    Come enter in the Alley Banner Contest - Mark VI!
    Deadline for entries is October 18th.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. img
    Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Halloween!
    Deadline for entries: October 31st at 1600 EST.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. img
    Come join the very first non-banner Café contest!
    The deadline is on October 23th at 9:47 AM EST.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Novel Naruto Retsuden 2019

Discussion in 'New Leaf' started by sugarmaple, Apr 26, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Zensuki

Catdank Faction:

Cry some more on how you wish this was a NH novel :ohlord
    Oh and Kishi made SS :bigboss

Boruto fans are a minority. Naruto fans far outnumber them.

Its always been known Uchiha and SS are popular.

The number one moment in Part 1 was voted as Sasuke saying thank you to Sakura. The number 3 moment of the entire series was voted Sasuke poking Sakura's forehead.

The Naruto shipping fandom is massive. It's also silly to think that people can't like more than one thing: you can like shipping, and also like shonen fighting.

:diout
    The Western fandom also love Itachi

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • List
  2. DannyTarantino

What's even more unbelievable is that the mods here contjnue tonallow these toxic POSs to vomit their toxicity all over? yet my posts get edited/deletes. Something about true colors comes to mind....

3. Raniero

Yes, because fangirls vote in these polls. Who do you think go to those events?
    The majority of the shonen audience would be more focused on moments like Gai using the 8 Gates (or generally what can be seen as cool):dank

It's overstated because they're a loud minority. Most of the fandom will be moderate shippers at best.

I rarely see said shippers discuss much else but the shipping. Go on tumblr or twitter and see how many of them actually talk about fighting or vs shit :dank
    So the Western fandom can also have shit taste. Thanks for the reminder :lmao

4. Zensuki

Catdank Faction:

Gunna need a source on the Naruto vote/event being full of girls. Seems like you making stuff up because you can't accept the reality of shipping being popular with a lot of fans.

Gunna need the source on this as well.
    You keep talking like they're two different things. They're not. The shonen audience can be into shipping and fighting.

There's more to talk about in character relationships and development than fights. You don't see most people talking about either. That doesn't mean they don't enjoy either.

5. Blu-ray Moderator

Catdank Faction:

Really wish we didn't get rid of the pairing section.:cattired

In any case, this talk of fanbases ends here. Talk about the novel and it's contents, not the people who happen to like or dislike it. No more SS fans this or Boruto stans that.

6. Raniero

>all attendees talking about the viewing on Japanese twitter are fangirls/shippers

Jeez, I don't know.
    I'm not denying shipping is popular with a lot of fans, but most of the fandom aren't hardcore shippers. That's ludicrous.

Most of the time they're not, if the series itself doesn't really have a major focus on shipping. I'm going by the demographic who actually buy shonen jump.

Sure, but people tend to talk more about things they enjoy more.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  7. Majin Lu Super Moderator

Flag:
    Brazil
    @NearlyEnough is thread reply banned for 1 week already.

I suggest you all stop this.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. TrueG 37

And it wouldn't be this sub forum without mods here deleting your shit for no reason while neglecting others :hestonpls. Ultimate proof that I've done nothing wrong :hestonpls. Alright though I'll help you guys do your supposed jobs though :carlton.
    T-They're talking about shipping. Is-This has nothing to do with the Naruto results whatever. Delete now:carlton. We could just not care but delete now :carlton.

9. Vilu

I don't need some fanfic novel when Kishi gave ideas himself for NH movie. :cat

I would be perfectly fine if this novel focused on Naruto and his good friends like Shikamaru and Sai. This novel could be good if author didn't make Oro-chan good friend of Uzumaki family, didn't make Naruto OOC with not telling Hinata about his illness while he told others, didn't make space motorcycles powered on chakra while Naruto can't use chakra in this novel to make Naruto look useless and didn't make Byakugan glasses while Hinata can't use hers for only reason to cut her from helping Naruto so author can shoehorn SS in novel that supposed to be about Naruto... It seems like whole novel is hot trash and the reason for it is that author made these dumb decisions only to wank SS. Oh well only way to save this novel was to hire competent author instead of shitty one like Esaka. :catshrug

:cat

Edit: Btw I love how you don't even try to defend that hypocrisy about choosing novels are canon while anime that is far more important is filler if SSS are written like by Kishi. And thanks for saving my post. :cat

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019 at 1:27 AM
  10. Arles Celes

He made it canon, the Gaiden had an ultimately happy ending which confirmed how Sakura is important to Sasuke and they have a daughter. He also gave SS a sort of a happy conclusion in the original manga by making Sasuke apologize to Sakura and poke her head affectionally...making SS the only pairing that got some conclusion before the babies came next chapter.

Still, Kishi loved putting SS through brutal trials to the point that I've wondered whether he is doing it to keep the suspense so that the end result does not seem too obvious(surprise factor) or he simply loved the sheer drama for trolling sake. Sasuke being a jerk to Sakura through part 2 (even in the last arc) including those murder attempts made it sometimes look as if he had a grudge against her or was desperate to protect his chastity lol.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  11. DannyTarantino

:skully

Go back to Tumblr.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  12. Azula

He worked on the Last and even promoted it.

More that can be said for this fanfiction novel.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. Serah

More than can be said for this official novel that takes place in the official timeline and was approved and planned by the editors at Shueisha AKA the company that owns the rights to Naruto. Your wishful thinking is very cute, though.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. Arles Celes

Though it is less certain how much involved was Kishi there. As much as in Road to Ninja or less?

From what I recall Boruto the movie was the first where he truly had much to say. :hm

Either way I doubt Kishi was the one who came up with the Last kissing scene. And I doubt he would be responsible for any SasuSaku kissing scenes either whether from novel/movies/Boruto manga.

The most romantic scene he ever drew was the Dan kissing Tsunade scene. Guess it was the only pairing that Kishi shipped. :LOS

15. Bruce Wayne

I don't see the point of your post. The Last novel is clearly in the timeline image. I don't see a difference besides one just being more atrocious. :tiredpepe

• Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  16. Zef

Why do people that have expressed their hatred for the novels over the last 50 pages still continue to post in here?
    :kermitthink

• Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  17. Corvida

Flag:
    Spain
    where Sakura failfessing and Hinata confessing were able to CRASH ye olde servers!!!!

Everyone reepats with me

PARINGS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS
    Emphasis on BUSINESS

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019 at 8:56 AM
  18. Serah

I've never said anything about the Last, though? I've corrected the other user about the novel, is all.

19. Corvida

Flag:
    Spain

T EAM`PEOPLE WANTED AND DIDNT GOT
    PEOPLE VOTED

chapter 1
    must have been before Sarada discovered she was the bastard of a rabiza with glasses or a lab rat

[/QUOTE]

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019 at 8:56 AM
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • List
  20. Vilu

Funny how you only want Team 7 when it's Naruto's novel. Where was your outrage that it should be Team 7 when it was Sasuke Retsuden? :catsag Please stop pretending that you give a shit about Naruto and Kakashi. They could not appear at all and you want be perfectly content with it so don't use them as if you like and care about them. :goose

• Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  21. Corvida

Flag:
    Spain
    But it wasn't a Naruto novel or promoted as such but a novel about his friends-
    trying desperately to save him since the first novel
    where was your outrage when Sasuke wasn't even allowed to be at his karmic bro wedding?
    where was your outrage when Sakura was forced to become a miserable Cupid?

Sasuke retsuden was specifically promoted as a Sasuke-Sakura novel in something that thanks to SP , should have be made long ago but wasn't

I do
    Japanese people do
    they cheered when and voted when they reunited
    they all made the original story
    which went to shit when Yamato and Sai were introduced and then original team separated ro so long

Not only I care about them anime owed us a team seven centric episode after Sasuke was redeemed-dodnt remind me of the Last promotion and street ads

he was jailed sealed and communicated instead of restore bonds
    such fun
    such redemption

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019 at 9:44 AM
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  22. Musashi

This could have been avoided if Naruto wasn’t a little bitch and he killed that genocidal maniac when he had the chance instead of doing couples counseling for the most toxic relationship in the history of media. :oldshrug

• Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  23. Corvida

Flag:
    Spain
    Itachi? He´s Saint, Virgin and Martyr and ascended to Pure World boody and Soul-Naruto keeps his word to this day
    Obito? he was the coolest guy
    Orochimaru? he attends parents and teachers meetings
    Kabuto? He´´s mother abbess and runs an orphanage currently hosting like 100 sharingans
    Danzo? he did like the insect he was

Mushiashote, Naruto WAS the one receiving couples counselling from Cupid-Helena Francis kura

"no sabes nada, Juan de las Nieves"

• Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  24. Musashi

I must admit that was a nice attempt at trying to dodge and spin the conversation. It's nice to see you agree about SasuSaku being the most toxic relationship in the history of media though. :aww

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  25. King1

You do the same for the Boruto manga tho:lmao

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • List
  26. Vilu

Novel is titled Naruto retsuden, sorry for wanting to read about main character that novel was titled after. I was displeased that Sasuke after what Naruto has done for him didn't even bother to appear on his wedding. And I think that The Last would be much better if it would focus on NaruHina without Sakura playing cupid. So here you have me complaining about that.:catshrug
    Boruto is promoted as manga about Boruto Uzumaki. And yet you constantly complain that it doesn't pander to you, MC isn't Sarada and it doesn't give you SS fanservice. Just like last episode wasn't promoted to be about Uchiha family but about Boruto finding about Jiraiya and wanting to train with Sasuke. Next arc is promoted as Boruto and Sasuke's time travel. Yet still you shit on manga and anime even though it isn't promoted as Uchiha wankfest that Shippuden was. You doesn't seem to really give a shit how something is promoted otherwise you wouldn't complain when you don't get SS fanservice from Kodachi and SP.
    And fans were also happy when Boruto and Kakashi clearly were familiar with each other during Genin Exam because it proved that Naruto and Kakashi have strong bond. Since it's bond of part of Team 7 you were happy with that too, right?

Last arc of manga was about Team 7. Most of Shippuden was about Uchiha. If SP owed anything to fans it was more screentime for rest of Konoha 11. And manga is titled "Naruto". I know that titles mean nothing to you but the most important character has been Naruto Uzumaki. And he has bonds with many people, not only T7 so most fans were happy when anime focused on his other bonds for once.

27. Corvida

Flag:
    Spain

oh miraculous world, where genjutsued people resurrect!!!!!!

Oh wait
    she wasn't dead

I must admit it was a pathetic attempt and trying to dodge the fact....... that Batsuke was a failed villain

It's nice to see you SO desperate , Mushi

Naruto received love counselling not gave it

my poor paisano, that´s why you should read the synopsis and not titles-even if the selfsame title warned you

And no, that didnt include kween oro

Everybody was displeased at SPv stunt

That´s why people spoke of false advertising and that's why SP and invented all kinds of arguments to keep Sasuke out of Konoha since 699
    Oh yes, but no NH protested then
    Hero had his reception, fawning and courtship cycle animated ending in wedding

THEN WHY YOU COMPLAIN nARUTO SOUL BROTHER WASN'T ALLOWED TO ASSIST TO HIS WEDDING?
    oh glorioso agreement
    So much for Kishi´s input

No I constantly complain of the fact of it makes Sasuke's family plot redundant

your glorious new MC didn't need to cosplay as Sasuke or stealing fathers, having glor sprevous MC as hos own

I don't care that Sarada is not MC
    I only ask why MC have to steal her father her heritage and her family rights

And every attempt to have Sasuke as Boruto´s, glorious new MC´s Jiraiya will be received with the scorn the idea deserves
    I know I will never get fanservice from Kodashit and Shitueisha
    My main complaint is-if you want to avoid an Uchiha wankest
    WHY YOU MAKE GLORIous MC COSPLAY AS AN uCHIHA AND HAVE AN UCHIHA MENTORING AND ABBYSITTING HIM WHEN HE AHS A FAMOLY AND A DAUGHTER HE DOESN'T KNOW
    No
    As they havenot an strong bond at all
    What uis more-Kakashi didn't think much of glorious new MC at first
    I like much more having Kakashi interacting with Naruto-if he ever does it-or trolls sasuke

No-team was broken
    It was saving Sasuke´s soul
    we never had a restored team seven except for a couple of panels that were duly voted as number 5

No
    and Uchiha isn't team seven
    Sasuke was saved too late

and it did its quota with glee, that´s sure

who fought hard to have his former teaM back but was rewarded by failing in all he wanted
    Sasuke was never allowed to come back to Konoha and all he fought for has been already destroyed in the flash forward

Anime always focus on his other bonds
    that´s why the novels were recied as May Warer and we all know SP will never comply

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019 at 2:43 PM
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  28. Corvida

Flag:
    Spain
    [QUOTE="Arles Celes, post: 60730705, member: 121054"[/QUOTE]

The most romantic scene he ever drew was the Dan kissing Tsunade scene. Guess it was the only pairing that Kishi shipped. :LOS[/QUOTE]

you sure?

that´s Kishi romance for you

29. LazyWaka Retired Staff

Flag:
    United States

The last one was Doujin bait. :hurr

30. Corvida

Flag:
    Spain

you see how plot will bend for grown up Sasuke to babysit said 12 years old because

SHIT ALL AROUND