1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Naruto & Sakura: Why aren't they (at least a little bit) angry at Sasuke?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by plurals, Dec 1, 2005.

1. plurals New Member

I don't get it. They don't show any sign of being at all pissed. I mean c'mon the only two (maybe + Kakashi) of them would actually welcome him back to Konoha. (I'd welcome Sasuke back into the STORY tho).
    I understand that they're teammates and prolly understand Sasuke more but they seem to like him now more than ever especially Naruto who's displaying some very obvious evidence of Sasutardness. I mean Sai actually had a point. They don't seem to see it like that (Sasuke being a Traitor) at all. They've never even gave it a thought? :blink
    Am I missing something here? some explanations to this absolute lack of hard feelings?
    Any ideas?

Btw, I know some people might not like it that I started a thread on my 1st post but damn this has been bugging me this last few chapters. And I did search for similar threads and came up nought. Point me in the right direction if there's any.

Tags:
  2. Crush! Banned

Because they love him. And they understand why he did it.

3. FitzChivalry Person of Internet

"Close, loving Friendship" would be the easy answer. They've been through a lot together when they were Team 7. Naruto has a close bond to Sasuke because they're similar while Sakura still has romantic feelings for him.

It all comes down to friendship for their partially misunderstood friend.

4. maya_slash Itachi are belong to me.

More like because they are delusional about his priorities. It's sad really.

5. Kyuubi Naruto Hounds of Justice

Crush is right.

However im pretty sure they are mad at Sasuke. They just arent showing it. Why would you show your anger for a friend who you havent seen for 3 years if not in person? Sure they have some anger to Sasuke but I think they will let it out face to face. Even if they are angry it doesnt mean they hate him. They could never hate him.

6. Kepa spinningkickinyourface-jutsu

they both met itachi and suddenly understood everything :)
    (nah, I'm pissed as well... no naruto mental breakdowns :(, he just cries, stands up and continues (in a bad way))

7. Tautou Member

This should be obvious.

Do you really think the concept of betrayal within a social system can completely reflect someone's humanity? They aren't going to hate him just because he's a "traitor", nor do they only see that term when they imagine Sasuke in their minds.

Why's that? Naruto felt the effect of his priorities.

8. Omolara Sasuke Defender

I think that they've both squared themselves with what Sasuke did to them, and forgave him. Now, their primary objective is rescuing him from himself. The time for anger and hurt to resurface is later. And, as Crush said, they love him inspite of everything.
    Sakura and Naruto both have had enough time to either foster hatred for him, or to come to terms with how things turned out.
    They chose the latter.

Oh, and welcome to the forums btw. This topic has most likely been brought up before, but it's still a good topic to discuss.

9. sonnie_skies Braving the Rain

they're really optimistic now because he's not around; absence makes the heart grow fonder, as the old adage goes. it's really easy to defend someone who's fond in your memories; plus, as sai doesn't even know sasuke personally, they feel he has no business to say anything. even if you don't care for someone, you might still get mad when someone's spouting judgments about someone that you know personally and they do not. they're entitled to feel how they want because they used to be a team.

when the two of them catch up to sasuke and all, do you really think he's going to be nice? he's going to at the very least act like he normally does and then all the old feelings will come rushing back. naruto will probably start yelling at him for what he did, and sakura will get all melancholic when she remembers how he left.

just think about someone you haven't seen for while. you can miss them a lot and while recognizing their bad points, want to only focus on the good. it's only after you see them again, until things sink in for the second time, do you remember all that bad stuff. it doesn't do to dwell on them while you're apart, so you don't, you only think about seeing the person, not what you're going to do.

10. maya_slash Itachi are belong to me.

Obviously it wasn't enough. He still wants to "save" him. How do you save someone who doesn't want and doesn't NEED to be saved?

11. Crush! Banned

Anyone with a brain can recognize the fact that Sasuke needs to be saved.

12. Tautou Member

Uh... hasn't Naruto's urge to save Sasuke been exclusive to Sasuke's feelings from the beginning?

13. Chiru Naruto Forums Elitist

They are mad at him. That's why both are so sensitive whenever he is brought up. When Sai brought Sasuke up, she wanted him to shut up. He was saying the same things she was feeling. It hurt her to hear it said.

14. Sho Active Member

Naruto showed his emotions during the Naruto/Sasuke fight, if you don't remember. Naruto is the type of guy who just lets his emotions out when he feels them and he doesn't harbor that type of resentment. Plus once Naruto understands where someone's coming from, it's impossible for him to hate them.

Sakura already understands what he's going through and knows what kind of guys that are manipulating Sasuke (in Itachi and especially Orochimaru) and already knows that if they want to have a chance of taking him back, they can't turn their back on him at all. And not to mention that they both love him so they can't really hold much hard feelings if they tried.

Doesn't seem realistic? Too bad for you then. This is a manga where Sakura and Lee both completely forgave and even tried to save Gaara even though he tried to kill them, and a manga where Hinata and Naruto even forgave Neji without any reservations after he nearly killed Hinata. Tell me, if they were to quickly forgive those two without any hard feelings, why would Sasuke be so different when he's done less to them? Especially when he's more important to them than Gaara or Neji ever will be? The fact is that it won't be different.

15. Potentialflip One Last Stand

They care for Sasuke. I'm sure they are just disappointed that he had to stoop that low to become such a super strong ninja.

16. Omolara Sasuke Defender

Come on Sho, you know Sasuke is always different. He's a traitor who tried to murder ninja from his own village, yet Gaara and Neji are practically saints. Hell, even Sasori was awarded some understanding by the fandom.
    Guess Sasuke is indeed more special.
    Sorry, I'm just in an angry kind of mood tonight. grrr

17. Sho Active Member

Whoops! I forgot about the "unspoken rule" there, Omolara. Sorry. :wink

Because as we all know, Sasuke is the exception to the rule and of course he shouldn't be given a benefit of a doubt, unlike Gaara or Neji. Nope he's a traitor (as many people like to point out), and therefore deserves death (no matter what he did for Konoha, no matter what his reasons or circumstances). Though Neji and Gaara don't apply to that standard of course.

My bad for forgetting that. :p

18. plurals New Member

Okay. Point taken. Swallowed. With a big gulp. ahhhh. They're very good points.:p
    The thing about Gaara and Neji, I was more sympathetic towards them when I was reading about their story and all the blah. Most likely because they were PRESENT. As in directly there to influence my train of thoughts. And somehow they did get their redemption.
    As Sasuke is not currently "here" it seemed (note that's its past tense. I've gone thru the posts and I think I get it now) to me that its all blind "love " and understanding from Sakura and Naruto.

19. Mizura Meh

Sho makes a good point about forgiveness, but there Is a difference between Sasuke and Neji/Gaara: Neji and Gaara rejected their darkness as soon as Naruto opened his mouth, Sasuke was the only one to turn away.

Eh, thing is, he essentially put a dangerous weapon in the hands of Konoha's biggest enemy.

But anyway... Naruto and Sakura have forgiven Sasuke yes. It doesn't mean that they won't try to beat some sense into him afterwards though. :huh

20. Crush! Banned

No, they rejected it once he beat the shit out of them. He never won against Sasuke.

21. Jijjin Academy Student

Lol you know what, this is starting to be like Kingdom Hearts... Except Sakura doesn't turn into a vegetable for 3/4 of the story, and they don't really get "separated..."

22. Alia_Atreides Mew...

You know, I also dont get it... I mean, I understand Sakura, but Naruto... Sasuke not only said horrible things to him, he almost killed him!
    Ok, ok, they are friends, they will try to understand him and all, but, camon, Naruto never saw Sasukes flashback, like we did. We know all he has been through and all, but Naruto doesnt... Not all of it, at least. And, any way, even if he did, he should feel at least a little angry. At least a little... Its understandable, its even more likelly... Im also not very confortable with all that "Sasuke is the greatest...!" I mean, even when we love, we get mad with those we love.
    Just my opinion...
    :)

23. vagnard Well-Known Member

:tem lol you are right.

Neji and Gaara only needed a random guy kicked their asses to became fangirls without characterization.

Kishimoto's lesson:

If you are weak you are wrong....if you are strong you are right. If Neji and Gaara would won against Naruto they still would be the same characters....but they only need a 12 years old lil kid kick their asses to change all their values and beliefs about the life

24. Christen Itachi's trouble

All that Naruto needed to know was Sasuke was a loner and his brother did it. If Naruto had to hate someone it's Sasuke's brother. Naruto understands how it is to be alone and understands why Sasuke desperately wants revenge. That's why he tried to stop Sasuke from himself. Believing there is still hope to save Sasuke, he will count on it even if it is 1%.

25. plurals New Member

That's so true.:laugh and the best part is that we totally lapped it all up.:amuse

26. biteme Member

Naruto understands what it's like being alone and all... probably that's why he is not mad at Sasuke. Moreover they went through so many missions together. Sasuke did admit that Naruto is his best friend but he have to do what he have to do in order to beat his brother. Naruto probably knows and understands that's why he is not mad at Sasuke.

27. Splintered Active Member

Because, out of anyone else, Team 7 has been so close that they are nothing short of family. They bickered and they were dysfunctional, but they really did love each other. Because they trained 2/3 years to get Sasuke back, and their love for him and their fear for his saftey far outweighs how much of a "jerk" he was.

There's no such thing as common sense when it comes to close bonds like those.

28. Gallic Rush Why not?

My thought: Naruto and Sakura are probably angry with Sasuke.

But being angry with someone doesn't mean you want them to be verbally attacked. The fact that what Sai said is to a large degree true made it all the more painful to think of, and Sakura & Naruto took their frustration out on him.

Quite simply, they didn't want this guy who had insulted both of them in their first meeting, to talk about a matter that is very important personally to them in the same insulting manner.

Note: I think Sasuke deserves to be insulted at this point though -_-

29. mistergin Less Talk, More Stab!

the bond should precede any anger IMO, more pity maybe?

30. mayumi Well-Known Member

Go

naruto and sakura care about sasuke and unconditionally love him. as for why naruto can forgive sasuke despite the beating he got, because sasuke said, he would break the bond(naruto's first bond and the sense of having a brother) and kill naruto and well, naruto is still alive.
    naruto and sakura might get another smack down from sasuke but as long as sasuke can't kill them the bond still exists. its like when sasuke remembers his family(his old bonds that itachi destroyed) and then remembers itachi's words about how u need to kill your closest friend(his new bond) to obtain the eyes that can defeat him and sasuke refuses to be his puppet and wants to obtain power his own way.
    until sasuke shows up, we have no idea where he stands on hurting naruto and sakura or coming close to killing them.
    ________
    Coach purses

Last edited: Apr 29, 2011