1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Naruto-Shangrila

Discussion in 'Naruto Fanworks' started by Yorae, Jan 16, 2005.

1. Yorae Member

Hi~~

So I get up this morning and check NarutoFan and what do you know? My AMV turns out first place! Yay~~~

Anyways, here is the link for the AMV in case you wanna check it out. Please leave me a review about what I should/shouldn't have done in the AMV, since I am still learning ^^

K, thanks~

Darkness Over Light, The Other Side of Me

Tags:
  2. Imaginary New Member

Congrats. This one should be pretty good, since it won...

3. Mithrandil -|IFK Kyokushinkai Blackbelt|-

Congratulations on your victory, and for a great amv. I've seen a lot of naruto amvs, and they tend to become full of clich?s (spelling?). This one was surprisingly well-done (not that i doubt your amv skills) and had a catchy tune. Best Naruto AMV I've seen in a loooong time, and IMO it should be close to the top on Animemuscivideos.org top 10% list pretty soon. 10/10

4. Yorae Member

Thank you very much for your encouraging words, Mithrandil! For someone to call one of my AMVs "one of the best Naruto AMVs" he's watched is something I never ever dreamt of hearing. I am so happy that you liked it ^_^

5. Newbar New Member

HI, I'm the second winner of AMV Contest. I have just seen your AMV, and my conclusion is.. you deserve to be the winner. Congratulations ^^

See ya

6. Yorae Member

Thanks! ^^

I look forward to seeing your AMV, Newbar! Do you have it uploaded anywhere else?

7. Newbar New Member

Hehehe.. I have some problems to upload my AMV cause i don't find a good ftp server to do it. Besides, I don't like animemusicvideos.org so much. If somebody can help me, you can enjoy my AMV.

See ya

8. Chas3265 Kazekage

1st place eh? Well then I must give it a download.

9. AKG teh coolness

I like. I see why it won.

10. Ronin_Musashi Shorin-Ryu Shodan

This is probably the best naruto anime music video I have ever seen...it almost looks like it should be one of the opening or credit videos in the anime!
    Very nicely done :Gaipose

11. Mimiru rockin' future 7

I really want to see it. But when I downloaded it, a black screen shows up, nothing else. The music's very nice though.

12. Kalean Infectious Needle

Heya, Yorae. I'm Kalean, the 8th place (9th if you count the disqualified video) winner. I saw your video, and I love the song, and I like the editing, most specifically the characters' profiles overlayed upon their memories. I'm actually going to have to be the first person on the thread to contribute a few negatives to this, however, so prepare yourself.

First, I will NOT say it is the best Naruto AMV I've ever seen, which isn't really a bad thing, but it needs to be said. Einhander's "Naruto's World" on AMV.org is the most recent one in memory. Others include MajinKenshin's Toushi (also on AMV.org) and Naruto Part 1: Betrayal (not on amv.org. Good luck finding it. Jiraiya > Orochimaru (Q&A) I think.) for great videos. Between a Rock and a Hard place and Disney in D Minor are both good ones to look for too. At any rate, this thread isn't about them, it's about your video, so let me get down to the (minor) complaints that I had with it.

Keep in mind that your video was nice, and nicely edited, and I enjoyed it more than most of the other winners' videos. In the meantime, allow me to nitpick. First off, and this is just me personally so don't take it as an insult, but I don't like videos with little to no continuity. Toushi, Naruto Fanfarria, and your video are all prime examples of good videos that I don't like AS MUCH as I would if the same video was applied to a bit more of a theme. However, most people like various videos, so nothing much to worry over there.

Another thing I don't like in a video, is when an opportunity is wasted. A really big example I can point out in your video is when you built up to the chorus by having Naruto hold a 'dead' Sasuke in his arms, and doing progressive closeups of his eyes, having it all turn red in the last frame. And then you had him as the raging kyuubi (incidental note, the Japanese word spoken there sounds eerily similar to kyuubi. Listen for it.) as the chorus built up. And I liked that. And then... he was standing there. Sure the raw power was everywhere, but he was just standing there during what was easily the absolute height of the song. I felt seriously let down right there, as I would've expected him shattering a mirror, just plain DESTROYING the ice needles, or owning Haku. Or at least moving. He did nothing but stand there until the height had passed, and THEN he moved. It's not as nitpicky as it sounds. That right there could've held your video together a lot better, in my opinion.

The editing was all solid, only a few scenes that weren't timed at the beginning, the rest was all solidly attached to the beats, and that's something I care about a LOT in a video, so good job there. I can't tell you how many videos I've seen that are off in lots of stages of timing and have just lost my respect right there, even if they were good videos regardless. So with the exception of the "group" scene when the lyrics first start up, your video has nice editing, and the granularity of the characters' profiles is a nice touch, along with the black and white (mostly white) of it all there.

Lastly, this video left me with the desire to watch again all of the chorus moments again (read when Neji strikes Naruto, When Naruto makes a thousand clones, or when Naruto goes Kyuubi, even though that part lacked the punch that'd make it really truly great) but not much else. The only part other than the chorus that I really liked enough to seek out again (don't get me wrong, your video has replay value, but in terms of parts that I really like, it's only the choruses and this part) was Orochimaru losing his sword, and that's because that was just plain awesome looking. You did well, and your video was better looking than mine, but those are some areas I think you should work on.

All the criticism aside, congratulations on winning the contest. Get some fame, get even better at editing, and take another (not this one) video to a convention. I'm sure we'll all hear of you again soon, if you try.

13. abfluvver stray dog

Lovely.
    And awesome choice of song. I love Angela. XD

14. shadow_sand Skater, Artist, Writer, etc...

do you have to be a member of amv.org to veiw the clips??

15. Mithrandil -|IFK Kyokushinkai Blackbelt|-

Yes, but it's free registration...

16. chamelean75 New Member

Your video was very good though I wouldn't call it in the king/queen of all anime videos. I like the part where you put the memories of the characters in and the music, hehe though the memory part moved a little to fast for me to catch all the characters. heheh. Good job. keep up the good work.

17. Mite_Gai New Member

Im very suprised this one got first place. It seems like another general action Naruto vid with absolutely no theme but just random action scenes. There were some entries people put up on the forums that didnt even make top 11 that I though easily beet this one.

18. chamelean75 New Member

Yea, i rewatched the video a few more times. The video is still good but I agree with the themeless part, it seemed like the creator put all his/her fav moments into it but it kinda made it random. Judging is up to the admins discretion. They prolly had a list of elements they judged on and then had an overall rating kinda thing. This is just my opinion. Don't quote me on it. But anyways, congrats for being #1

19. ChrisJDragoon Shinobi of Darkness

congrats on winning(Y) love the vid, great song too, my fav naruto amv aside from the shinobi vs dragon ninja amv that i found on the web

20. Capn Cracker Banned

Good job, it was pretty cool, ;D

21. Ichimaru Gin Bleach

congrats on you victory one of the best amv i have ever see great work.

22. DragonSlayer Active Member

This was work of art, I love it. :D

Truly a great AMV. I liked this and the second winner about as much and I probably couldn't have decided the winner. I have only two things to say. First, you could see some of subtitles which was a bad thing, you should have used a raw for the intro parts. And second, I think the quality of wasn't just the top quality but that wasn't anything big. Still, congratulations. :)

By the way, what program did you use?

23. Kakashi_Love Guest

wow, is "perfection" your middle name? You totally capture the whole essence of what NARUTO is all about! Amazing! I had to fight the urge to just get up and start dancing/do martial arts!!! You inspire me. :) Though I'm pretty sure you're tired of hearing all these compliments. 11/10!!!

24. Tengui Gundam Pilot

1st place,, well congrats

25. Vangelis Chariots of Fire

Congratulations on that.

26. Jo Boy Friend Banned