1. img
    Come join the 5th Democratic Primary Debate Watch-Along!
    The debate will air on November 20th from 9-11 PM EST.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto Shippuuden: Episode 8 and 9 Special - Discussion (DB SUB out)

Discussion in 'Konoha TV' started by Denizen, Apr 11, 2007.

1. chrisp

Good episode, Sasori must be something crazy. I look forward to see more from him, he is a puppy himself? The guys behind the anime tease the viewers so much it's unbearable!
    I liked the ending, the elders are not to be underestimated. As Baki said, they can be very useful and probably have lots of contacts and little tricks. And it finally it seems that the pacing is moving a little faster, and the following episodes will surely contain great action!

Naruto is back on track!

2. Squall Leonhart

Next episode doesn't look all that interesting except for the
    Spoiler:
    Akatsuki leader :)

3. Manetheren

Well the Lotto stuff in the preview actually DOES make some sense to manga readers. Its a very short thing though.

It also means that a BIG appearance from Ch.253 will almost definetely appear. (Same chapter as the Lotto thing).

WOOO!!

4. krescentwolf

Youtubes pretty much on the warpath, deleting new releases from bigname anime like Naruto or Bleach almost as soon as theyre put up :-/

On another note.... thanks Karin for those wonderful DDL's :amuse

5. Beelzejow

I've uploaded episode 8 and episode 9. :)

Naruto Shippuuden Episode 8 part 1: Link removed

Naruto Shippuuden Episode 8 part 2: Link removed

Naruto Shippuuden Episode 9 part 1: Link removed

Naruto Shippuuden Eipsode 9 part 2: Link removed

Enjoy. :)

6. GunningForGlory

and the fight scene wsnt dragged out for 4 episodes!! LOL!! great ep, and from here on out the action gets better!!!

7. Katsura

It's quite interesting to see people complain about Shippuden, when in reality it's pretty decent. Those who complain are mostly those who read the manga, though. I've waited for a long time to see Akatsuki's fights animated, and even though only 2 have occured thus far, I find them pretty well done. The only thing I didn't like about the Deidara vs Gaara fight was that the animated team made it sound like all the information Deidara had on Gaara's sand was from Akatsuki, which it wasn't. Everything he said he found out him self by fighting, and made Deidara seem a lot smarter in the manga.

Episode 8-9 was pretty good. Flashbacks sucks of course, but they're necessary in order to keep the right pace, so it's no big deal, really. I hope they keep the pace up, as I'm really eager to see the continuation of the Akatsuki arc animated.

8. Psysalis

I thought they did pretty good this time, and im happy they didnt put all that much filler bs in the sasori fight.

9. reddik

Thanks for the link. I'm downloading it now:amuse

10. Oahgneg

Too bad videos on youtube take LONGER THAN FOREVER to load:mad

11. Jibril

LOL that was a great episode. How gorgeous was that soundtrack especially in the Jinchuuriki's tears part!

Chiyo's voice was completely not what I expected, I thought it would be harsher and more sardonic, instead she sounds all girly :) Thought Kankurou's fight was awesome too; though maybe now that he's been taken out, he can stop saying "gaara"!

Last edited: Apr 13, 2007
  12. Sasuke X

Ep 8 was great, probably the best we've seen of Shippuden since 1-2. There wasn't any staring contest involved in the fight between Kankarou and Sasori...actually, they didn't seem to stretch much at all, it was quite fast-paced when compared the Gaara fight.

Ep 9 was a a little disappointing with the overuse of flashbacks, but even then I enjoyed it much more than most of Shippuden. It seems like Chiyo is going to be an interesting addition to the series, the only bad part of her entrance being that I know how she takes her leave from the series.

Good week for Bleach and Shippuden. I'm hoping Shippuden can stay at the same level as ep 8, it''ll be enjoyable to watch then.

13. Even

^^it's gonna get even better, when you see Season's Best's list of the new crew that will be working on Shippuuden:grin It's gonna be awesome:grin

14. Sasuke X

I'm pretty sure every anime episode is animated months in advance. We could have a very long wait if the new animators have only been added recently.

The inconsistent poor-average art and animation aren't the main problems Shippuden has - Pacing is the problem. Let's hope the people who plan what is and isn't animated get replaced. :p

15. Kaki

16. Shinigami-kun

Just a quick technical issue, it may just take time to resolve, but I figure I'll ask anyway...

Why is it that when I try to DDL...it says 403 Forbidden? 0.o I think someone else earlier mentioned in this thread that it was happening to them, as well.

Any help would be appreciated. ^.^

17. Sasuke X

We can make the anime use more chapters per episode? You must teach me how! :nuts

The Gaara/Deidara fight was one of the worst fights I've ever seen in shounen anime. It wasn't the source material that caused me to think this, it was the pacing. I didn't read the manga chapters used in the episode (not much to read) until after watching, so the only real requirement for being able to tell Shippuden is moving incredibly slowly is to have some intelligence.

Solution: We must all lower our IQ in order to enjoy the 80% of Shippuden. Who's with me!?

18. Luga

I loved the part where Naruto talked about himself and stuff, and noticing how the others reacted to it.

Again, im really glad I didnt read the manga though, since it seems like 90% of the readers complain about the anime. While I think it is great ^_^

19. Takekura

My NARUTO is BACK!!!
    Best Shippuuden Episode since the series start!!!
    I DAMN love this episode!!!

20. La Edo-Tensei

Yeah it is a good episode, wait till a couple of more episodes when it gets REALLY good.

21. Denizen

The reason people say "the sub will be out tommorow" is because

A) It usually does end up coming out the next day
    B) People won't ask when it's out, and instead will wait.
    C) If you say "the sub will be out today", people expect it to be out in a matter of a few hours. It won't happen.

Hope for the worst, get the best, and all that.

22. ansoncarter

impressive. Sherlock Kankuro was able to deduce that he was poisoned by...the only blow that hit him; which came from a SCORPION tail

23. Denizen

Deidara: "I get it now....my arm was damaged by SOME SAND"
    :blink

24. ansoncarter

I just watched a little further and theres another genius mometn. The sand village messanger guy is reporting in to the elders and goes "we believe the enemeny infiltrated the village through the air". No shit. Was it the huge bird he was flying around on that tipped you off?

25. Hylian

the animation for the next episode looks good :amuse

26. Even

wow, that episode was awesome:grin I loved the music playing when during the tears of the Jinchuuriki part (when Naruto told Sakura that he has the Kyuubi sealed within him):grin Now I really want the new OST:grin

And next week, we're gonna see the AL:grin

27. Dralavant

Man I need to catch up, I haven't even seen episodes 6&7 yet.

28. Seizaburo

I love this episode. Everything was really well done, except from the whole Kankuro/Sasori fight. It was slow paced and whe-eey to long.
    The tears of the Jinchuuriki part was, as mentioned before, was very emotional.

29. Catterix

Yeah, it was awesome, and there were so many new tracks played as well.

Anyone else love the piece played when Sakura was talking defiantly about Sasuke. It was a really powerful, risingly uplifting piece of music.

The music is brilliant. And now that Toshiro Masuda is seemingly back on board with the music; the fight scenes are going to have some incredibly tunes!!

The fight against Sasori, that was filler, was all of 6 minutes. It wasn't that bad, or even that drawn out. What we saw was some incredible badassori from Sasori, Though I would've preferred to have had something other than the bizarre Kurori attack with the sand-castle Sasori. Although it was exciting, I fail to see how a previously rhino-sized Sasori could fit into Kurori so easily. It just didn't look right. But overall, Sasori's calm attitude, playing with Kankurou was really enjoyable, and it was cool to see him battling the fight he "enjoyed more than any other fight".

30. Butō Rengoob

You know, i find it hard to believe that people are bitching about the pace of the Kankuro/Sasori fight. It was just as long as it needed to be, any longer and it would have sucked, any shorter and it wouldn't have been believable. Deal with it...