1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Come join the RP Section for the monthly world (universe?) creation contest. This month's theme is space opera.

So charge the hyperdrive, power up the plasma cannons, and set sail for new worlds!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out the NF Awards! Nominate your favorite posters!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The World Cup is about to begin, which means it’s time to start proudly repping your country. We’ve created a special new feature for you guys exclusively for this big event! Click here to learn more!!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the latest Newsletter!

Click here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The future of the Cafe Subsections is up to you. Vote here to make your voice heard!"

Click here
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto: Shukumei Main Thread

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by SoulTaker, Nov 17, 2015.

1. SoulTaker The Ever Living

"Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views."

THE STORY
    After the Fourth Ninja War the world, it changed… The good feelings and newfound unity led the world to unite under one banner. The Kage's formed a high council to govern all the countries. They make decisions as a group instead of as individuals because they know the truth now. The entities that threaten their way of life cannot be felled by rogue states; they must be one Shinobi Nation.

For 150 years the peace of the Shinobi Union prospers and the terror from above and beyond does not return.

However enlightenment is upon civilization. The world has been peaceful; poverty and starvation are at an all-time low as the world reaches heights of never before seen posterity. But there is one prevailing thought that has climbed into the social consciousness. Are the Kage representatives of the people if the people did not choose them?

If the threat that banded the world together never comes, if the death and destruction that was guaranteed by their division, doesn't really exist then does the world need leaders that were never chosen by the people?

If the world has prospered then does it really need to be fixed on the gamble that it can be better? The question knows no borders, knows no one segmentation, knows no age. The smaller villages who feel as though they are misrepresented by the Gokage began to enact change, they are, Kusakagure, Tanikagure, and Amekagure, the Small Three. These lands decide their governance should be a democratic one and acting in concert these three lands are the faces of democracy.

Elsewhere there are rumblings in the Country of Iron as an ancient religious sect brings about a renaissance to what is known the world over as a bastion of neutrality. The rumblings of this group's past indiscretions is but a whisper but as the world changes there are those who distrust the new religion taking form in the Country of Iron.

The world is at a crossroads, unsure of what it will and can be. The only thing that is certain is that the Destiny of this generation will decide the path.

Please see thread for more information.

PLEASE TURN YOUR SIG OFF WHEN POSTING.
    Thank you.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
    Tags:
  2. InfIchi I AM DA PLOT NINJA

The sky was clear today, the suns rays gently beaming down on the soft green grass. Ants crawling along the ground, looking for their next source of food... butterflies gently resting on flowers and taking part of the sweet nectar. A field of lilies and tulips gently wafting in the breeze without a single care. The gentle sound of birds calling to one another, as if to say, everything is all right, everything is peaceful; calm and serene.

Then, a gentle rain falls down upon the lilies, the tulips, and the ants... but this was not water, no... It was blood. The droplets splattered the pink and white flowers, turning them red in seconds, they drowned the ants and caused the grass to stick and clump together. "Hey! I know that these kinds of situations can be stressful. But you need to keep your head about you." A young redheaded boy stands confidently, gently pushing his hair back to reveal his piecing yellow eyes. "Get it... Cause, I cut your buddies head off." A sadistic smirked crossed his lips.

Before the red haired boy was three other individuals, each one dressed in all black and concealing their face. "Oi, Oi... Come on, this isn't fun." The young boy shrugged, raising up into the air a massive broadsword with a fanned tip, gently resting it upon his shoulder. "Come on guys, You are some band of thieves right? Maybe you're assassins... If you were, I'd say you are pretty shit assassins."

---Meet Shou Mashima, Assassin Extroidanare.... And resident crazy person.---

"He took Genji out... what do we do?" One of the masked men looked to the others. "We do what we were paid to do! We kill him!" The other two men gulp and ready their kunai's in hand. "Look guys." Shou let out a sigh as he raised one of his hands up in a shrugging motion, "I don't know about you, But i can do this all day." The men stared in confusion, blinking at one another. "Why... did you shrug then...?" With that, Shou leaped into the air, spinning his body around and slashing downward at one of the men, cleaving him in half. "Oh, to confuse you."

"Hahaha Man! did you see the look on your faces?"
    Shou chuckled and wiped a tear from his eye, "Priceless man, just priceless." The other two men quickly lashed out at Shou, "Oh shit, Knifey Catchy! My second favorite sport!" With a quick duck, he grabbed one of the mens arm's, pulling him into the others Kunai. "GUAH!" "I'M SORRY SHIROU!" "No, no... that's now how you play Knifey Catchy." Shou shook his head, "You don't apologize for the weakness of your team.... That's how you lose Knifey Catchy." Shou planted his foot firmly on Shirou's leg.

"Now don't move." With that, He leaped off the man's leg and into the air, "Hyup!" dragging his massive sword with him, spinning around and slashing as he landed, slicing both men in half. "I think they hired some real chumps. Not even ninjas... Well... I mean... In the technical sense i guess? But not like... the legit sense..." Shou rubbed his chin in thought. "Fuck this shits deep. What is a ninja?"

"You... You're sick...." One of the men gurgled while on the ground. "Oh? Are you still alive? That's impressive for a man whose know half of what he used to be." Shou stood over him, watching blood pour from his waist, taking in a massive breath through his nose. "Huah~ You know, the air is thinner the moment just before death. Its as though you can smell the death god coming." "Hack..." Blood erupted from the mans mask as he lay on the ground.

"You... You're fucked up..." "True." Shou smiled at him. "But i'm a product of my environment you know." He let his smile drop and gently placed the sword back in its holder. "But really. If it ain't a challenge its boring you know. I can't enjoy it, I can't get the real feeling of danger... excitement." With a sigh he turned back to the dying man. "Count yourself lucky i was bored." His yellow eyes grew dark, as though he was no longer there. "There's a demon inside me you know. One that seeks out blood... and he will never be sated."

3. Kenju I Run The Asylum

<<The Tale of The Boy That Rejected The World - World Rejector>>

Tsunamori, Kentarou
    "Good morning, Tsunamori-sensei"

A three-story brick building stood underneath the clouds of Kumogakure. Children of all kinds ran about in and out of the building. Adults with exhausted smiles watched over them as if it were just another day of work. Well that's because it was after all. Those all too kind adults were employees of this establishment that, which at the very front of the building, could be read a sign that displays the name; "Green Heart Orphanage". Inside that very building on the third floor was a certain classroom filled small children chatting among themselves. Their mixture of voices and yells filled the room with an innocent vibe.

Rowdy as they are, a single loud thud brought their robust mayhem to an end. That thud belonged to the person they had always expected to be there. He was an average-looking and plain boy in a blue suit and tie. Besides that, there was nothing else visually impressionable about him. In his words, he was the kind of teenage boy you could find anywhere.

"Good morning Tsunamori-Sensei!!!!"

Most of those children said in unison. Despite their upbeat voices, the reciever of those kind words held a laxed and lukewarm expression as he rested placed a single hand on the podium.

"Good morning, class,"

He responded with a tone as if he'd been doing this everyday.

"Alright, lets get these tiresome formalities out of the way that you kids like to do for some reason,"

He stated, letting out a string of responses that attacked him like an automatic machine gun.

"Sensei, what's the weather like today?"

"Irritatingly cold like the past few days before. A kid like you should be interested in better things then that, Rika-chan"

"Sensei, the new weekly manga magazines are out!"

"Souma-kun, as a teacher, I have a responsibility to keep a boring and straightforward appearance to my students. So I can't say I've read those enjoyable manga,"

"Sensei, how do we know if we're real people and not just characters thought up by someone?"

"Why are you asking this philosophical crap in this grade level? I'm tempted to kick you out of class, Jewly,"

"Sensei, is this world really peaceful?"

"Don't ask a serious question in a slice of life scene, Cyrus. You'll live a happier life,"

And last but not least,

"Sensei, did you find a girlfriend?"

"Sigh, once again, no, Shana. Girl's like to go for guys that standout and are different from the norm, do I look anything like that?"

"Then Sensei, can I be your girlfriend?"

"No, I'm not so pathetic I need pity from a little kid. And if I'm going to jail, it should be for something a lot cooler.....Not that crime is cool."

He almost sounded like an afterschool special, but unfortunately it was still school. In this ghetto classroom with a lack of books necessary for a classroom, Tsunamori Kentarou took out a stick of chalk and wrote on the small chalk board.

"History time, can anyone tell me long this nation has been at 'peace'?"

He picked at one of the raised hands along in the crowd of children.

"Yes, Akane?"

"150 years?"

"Correct, a well-rounded number....sort of weird but whatever. Now as you may know, this peace was not always here, and neither was this nation. Quite some time ago, this Nation was divided up into smaller parts. Consisting of a bunch of self-absorbed leaders who didn't think to let go of their pride for the sake of their people,"

"What would you do if you were a leader, sensei?"

"Heh, well i suppose it would be what any teenage boy would do. Have the greatest of male friends and the hottest of girls as my girlfriends. But as a teacher, I guess I should say something nice like trying to bring world peace."

After stating that, a figure outside the nearby door caught his attention.

"Everyone take out your textbooks and get to studying on what we learned yesterday. Like usual, if you don't have one yourself, share with the person next to you. Don't be a selfish jerk, I'll be right back whenever I feel like it,"

He once again said something irresponsible for a teacher and left out of the classroom while closing the door shut.

4. BringerOfChaos ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Introduction

Tall skyscrapers, bright lights, busy traffic, and a downpour of rain. This could only be one place; the Village Hidden in the Rain. The Rain Village sure did live up to its namesake, for it always rained for long stretches of time daily. Despite that, no one was really bothered by the rain. No matter what the weather the citizens would still go about their day and go from destination A to destination B. For most of the occupants of the Rain Village, destination B consisted of parties, clubs, bars, and more parties. There?s a saying around these parts; the rain pours hard, but the people party harder.

Juubun however was a different case. He didn?t like places with loud music, or rooms filled with crowds of people. In fact saying he didn?t like it would be an understatement. Sometimes he wished the Fūma clan?s pact was with the Grass Village or Waterfall Village instead. He felt as if he would?ve enjoyed life more in those villages. However, his options were limited; the agreement made one hundred fifty years ago only granted those in the Fūma clan Rain Village citizenship, nothing more.

Now, one might ask where Juubun would be going if not a party. The answer to that would be the training grounds. Whenever Juubun is not training, he is on whatever mission available to a genin, or running errands. There was simply nothing else Juubun did besides those three things, besides the obvious. He still ate and slept like others did. Well, maybe not the latter. As Juubun?s eye bags would tell you, he didn?t get much sleep. He?d constantly wake up to terrible nightmares about his past, most notably the one time Koware had strangled him.

He wished that he?d be past that by now. All his abuse ended when he was eight years old, which was eight years ago. Since then, he had a wonderful seven years living with an elderly man named Birudo, and his lovely wife Odayaka. Birudo was a good adult figure for Juubun, while Odayaka was an amazing woman who treated Juubun as the child she never got to have. Despite their best efforts however, Juubun was still affected by his past. It was for that reason Juubun had decided to start a new in the Rain Village.

The reason why Juubun constantly trains and goes on missions is because if he?s doing that he doesn?t have to think. If he?s not thinking, his past isn?t affecting him. He?d continue to try and block out all the terrible things that has happened to him by not giving himself a chance to think about it. Sure, it might seem unhealthy to some, but Juubun saw it as turning something negative into something positive. Instead of wasting time being broken and sad, he?d instead spend it training and completing missions so he?ll become a great shinobi.

However, it should be said that Juubun?s goal to become a great shinobi isn?t for fame or power. In fact, Juubun would be content with being a Chunin for the rest of his life. It?d be the perfect rank for him. He wouldn?t have to be doing trivial tasks that a genin handles, and he wouldn?t have to make the hard choices a Jounin would have to. It was the comfort of not having to make decisions that appealed to Juubun. He found the idea of taking orders and not giving them comforting.

The young shinobi had finally arrived to the training grounds. He was soaking wet from the rain, which was common for him. If he?d wait for clear skies to train in the place literally called the Rain Village, he?d never get any training done. Over what Juubun would normally be wearing was a black hooded rain jacket. It was common for residents of the Rain Village to always dress in attire suited for rain, and to have an umbrella on them. Unfortunately for Juubun he didn?t bother to bring his umbrella, because it wasn?t as if he could hold it as he trained. It made sense to him, if he?s going to get wet after setting an umbrella down once he arrives at the training grounds, then he might as well get wet on his way there.

One might describe the Rain Village training grounds as underwhelming. It was the Grass Village that had the best training grounds, while it felt like the dummies and targets in the Rain Village hadn?t been changed in years. It would seem that too many people were too busy partying instead of training. Why would they want to train anyway, they had trained so many years in the Grass Village schools that they probably don?t want to look at another target or dummy again.

?Today I?ll work on target practice.? And as soon as the thought had concluded in his mind, Juubun had taken out ten kunai from his ninja pouch, and jumped high into the air; he then maneuvered himself so he would be facing the ground head first. Moving his head around his eyes scanned all the targets in his vicinity and then he began. As he lost altitude he threw his kunai a bit higher up into the air, and as they came back down he?d grab one for each hand and then throw them at the target. Two, four, six? He was getting much closer to the ground. With haste he threw the other four at the remaining targets, and then before he could plummet head first into the ground he maneuvered himself once more to land on his feet. Juubun looked at the targets.

?Tsk, tsk. Better luck next time.? Said a female voice from a nearby tree.

?Hmm?? The green haired shinobi turned his head to see the unknown spectator.

?You get a five out of ten. Fifty percent. Failure.? Juubun had located where the voice came from. There stood a girl who looked to be about fifteen standing on a tree branch, holding an umbrella. ?I can definitely tell you aren?t apart of those annoying Grass Village school graduates. As pretentious and annoying those students are, they could have hit all those targets while drunk.? Juubun didn?t reply, and decided to continue staring. ?But don?t worry; I?m not one of them either. If I was I?d right now be vomiting in a toilet and regretting last night.? She then smiled. ?Glad to finally meet someone my age who isn?t like those elite assholes.? Juubun watched as the girl jumped down from the tree, landing a few feet away from him. ?The name?s Furi. What?s yours??

5. Chronos The Wild Card

Ace

At the end of a broken threshold, there were two entities that stood in a lonely field. Two distinct souls, one of which smiled behind a shroud of impoverished cruelty, while the other awaited a feverish display. Eyes locked into a target which could barely move, one had already achieved victory. At this current juncture, any normal human being would've counted his mishaps and accepted the reality. One that all other options exhausted themselves and that no matter the action it would've surely failed. An older man, stained in the image of battle, yet towering above all else as if deep wounds and scars were merely an adornments of his flesh, as if the pain were merely a testament of grossing strength.

The young man, of charcoal jet-black hair stood, a laughter escaped his lips, an out burst almost, his eyes were faded, one of which darkened ever so slowly in a veil of shadow, a lone crimson shone in the center. This visage... for some reason had been extremely frightening, yet extremely saddening as well. The paroxysm of a man unable to pull out any more strength could only expose disbelief in a form of subtle laughter. Yet standing tall, he looked up above the clouds of a broken world, where clouds drifted with a subtlety, where a moon stood half-bitten in a plagued void of stars. Even at the moment of this particular tragedy the world remained what it was.

The young man of the awkward eyes sighed, a realization that one could determined immediately. That once could understand with merely witnessing a stressing situation like what is presented before you. No matter the struggle, no matter the hour, the day, whatever the situation might be. The world continues on with it's peaceful blithe. The boy's eyes spoke, as if auditory, his semblance gave a peculiar spectator a sensation of clarity. An understanding that transcended all the imaginary.

The earth, began to shiver at the heel of his feet, the gusts began to form at a visual spiral across the young man's body. A gaping flame of white ran across the earth, rocketed towards the heavens and a body clad in dark surfaced from the surge of power. An incredible power began to expose itself in a visage of white and black. Masking the young man in both an exterior of white fire, one that poured from his very essence, while his flesh slowly engulfed in darkness of a dancing fire corrupted his image. And a timer soon began, as with this immediate change, his power grew immensely, the image shifted, the perception changed. An arm had been lost, without even a single visible form of hesitation, the boy who had seemed defeated regained the advantage.

"You owed me this, ___."

A name was thrown out, however something masked it. The shivering of a world crumbling to nothing began. A laughter, maniacal rose from the lips of the other, his mouth moved, shouts were seen, but no sound came. The image began to fade, their bodies rushed into a the other, an epic battle ensued. The world shook, the visage of the land crumbled, debris came at the wake of the two's battle. Soon, at the distance, you could see other rejoice to witness this horrid tragedy ensue. Hearts sunk, two in specific were in tragedy, a small boy cheered. It was all they could do at the moment.

As the world sparked in the clash of two souls which hated the other, no purpose behind their blades, no honor to uphold. Just merely the souls of a man who care for nothing who faced a man who cared too much for something. Evidently, one would have to come out victorious, and for a moment the young man showed feat beyond human comprehension.

"To kill a God." the young man said.

To defeat an entity which had prior demonstrated capabilities beyond that of the strongest man. A maniac bent on merely making the world his puppet. But even so, as the fight continued, the clock ticked, the boy began to weaken, and even as he held victory at his grasp, he knew that it was limited, that if he didn't achieve this in the short span that he was given, that he would fail. And as such... it happened, bringing the older man into a corner, standing towering above the body of the man who caused him so much... The boy lost his power and with it, his life.

"A little more time... Just a tiny bit, I would've rid the world of a stain... Of a... much needed hindrance."

His footing became loose, his body lost all of it's strength, his heart began to gave out, and the light of the world became dim. He was fading much faster than he would've liked to...

"I want you to remember, ___. I was the only man... to ever beat y--"

He feel, on the shoulder of the man he brought to the brink of death, alone. With no other than his foe to grasp the remains. With a smile cross his lips, something that a peculiar spectator knew... he didn't do too often. But even then, at that moment. The insane man, rose his hand, and embraced the child. For even a moment... the man felt something he had never felt before. Something that rose from a less darker plain. But even so, laughter came out his mouth, a reaction towards this situation. Not as a man acknowledging victory, not of respect towards surviving a battle, not excitement.

It only felt necessary... It only felt... needed.

In a different plain, two souls awaited the third. But he never came. Never arrived. Lonely, the young man was sealed upon a even further plain. One where he would serve a horrid purpose. He would be what kept the balance in check, as penance... He would be alone, a seal. For the rest of his life.

~*~

"...Another dream about him..."

6. Hollow 113 Exp.

Nuvole Bianche I

It was a particularly peaceful and sunny day in the land of Lightning. Autumn was coming to an end, taking the beautiful warm browns and golden tones with it and leaving the country looking gray and bare. Most of the trees had already lost their leaves, birds had migrated south and most of the animals staying behind would now be closing their eyes, falling into a long dream from which they would wake up only when Spring comes once again. But for now, the cold wind blows any remnants of warmth away, announcing the arrival of Winter to anyone that would stop for a moment to listen to its soft humming.

Even so, Kumogakure, the shinobi capital of this land, remains as busy as ever with the daily bustle of people everywhere. The markets are loud and busy as the farmers try to sell the last of their autumn produce, housewives fighting with teeth and claws over the freshest vegetables. Children, covered from head to toe with clothes by over protective parents, play all day in the park, wishing for snow to fall a little bit earlier this year. Shops are stocking on winter products and some are already putting up some decorations for the upcoming winter festivities. The shinobi themselves can be seen hurrying around as they try to get as many missions or double shifts as they can handle so they’ll hopefully be granted a break during the freezing times.

If someone were to leave the main gates of the village, they might still hear a faint whistle as, only a few feet ahead, lies the entry to a small neglected path that leads to a nearby farm where a young girl is headed on her bicycle. She’s wearing a yellow sweater, so bright it hurts to look at, and simple black jeans that are comfortably tucked into boots. Although the girl looks far from it, with her eyes closed and lips pursed as she whistles cheerfully into the air, she’s actually a young kunoichi in a very important mission for her village.

“Yuuko!” The farm’s sole owner, a lady in her late forties greeted the girl as she approached the main house. “They sent you again?”

Although the words might sound a little hurtful, Yuuko knew more than well they were anything but. Setsuko-san was a direct but caring person. “They don’t really trust me with C-ranks yet I guess,” she just laughed it off, bowing her head slightly at the lady before parking her bicycle against the porch.

“That’s nothing to laugh about, do you want to stay a genin forever?” Setsuko replied with her hands resting on her hips, her head shaking slightly as she frowned at the girl’s attitude. “You’ve already graduated ages ago and-“

“It was only last June…” Yuuko interrupted softly.

“My point exactly! Anyway, come inside so I can show you what your job will be.”

Turning, the farmer left Yuuko to follow her inside, which the girl promptly did, closing the door behind her. Setsuko kept complaining about Yuuko still doing D-ranks at a time like this but the genin tuned out, instead taking note of how cold the house felt despite most of Lightning having access to modern central heating. Her thoughts must’ve shown on her face because the woman stopped talking about Yuuko’s future and scratched the back of her head with a troublesome expression.

“The last storm hit big over here. I managed to keep the stables intact somehow but I can’t say the same about my house, see?” She asked right before opening a previously closed door which lead to a room that looked like the result of a natural disaster. Yuuko gulped and stared at all the ruined furniture thrown around and then at the huge hole up in the ceiling, wincing. Surely she didn’t expect a single girl to… “Yeah. I don’t expect you to finish it all in one day. I’d do it myself but I’ve got the crops to tend to, they got a number did on them too.”

Dropping a case with various tools on the baffled girl’s hands, Setsuko turned and left. “This is a carpenter’s job!” Yuuko tried to call after her in vain.

“What am I supposed to do, I have no idea how to actually fix a roof… Maybe ojii-chan…”

Mumbling to herself, the girl dropped the tool case on the ground and reached for one of her back pouches, from which she took a shiny pink cell phone. Quickly punching in the numbers, she placed it against her ear and waited for the call to go through. “This is the Deredere family restaurant, would you like to make an order?”

“Ojii-chan? It’s Yuuko. Do you know how to fix roofs?”

7. Atlantic Storm Booze Intermission Supporting Staff

HER PRELUDE BEGINS

Every time she tried to recall the events of that day, she would feel a painful throb in her head. Was it a punishment of some sort? A warning—that she should not be sticking her nose into whatever it was that happened? Yukino didn't know. All she knew was that she knew nothing. Azami Isshiki—whoever he was—did a good job of making sure of that.

Not everything was completely gone, though. She could remember everything up to and after the mission; could see blurred mosaics of images. A dark shadow, a malevolent smile and—most prominently—her friend's lifeless body pinned to a tree. She could remember her feelings of guilt and regret; the cold rain mixing in with her hot, incandescent tears.

Most poignantly, she could remember Inui's expression. Horror, fear, sadness, and between all of them, anger. Subdued blame; sheathed bitterness.

"It's too early for this," Yukino muttered to herself, bringing the hot towel to her face. She held it in place, enjoying the warmth spread through her body, then carefully placed it on the rack by the sink. The kunoichi looked at herself in the mirror. She sometimes wondered what others saw when they looked at her.

No doubt, what they saw was a beautiful and talented kunoichi. Lucky to be born, and with no shortage of silver spoons to be fed with. Yukino knew different, though. Talent was something that needed to be polished like anything else; pedigree could be overcome with handwork. Those who bitterly judged without knowing—their opinions were of no value to her.

What she sought was clarity. Certainty. Acknowledgement, in a life without clarity, without certainty and without acknowledgement. Because Yukino Nara, for all her intellect, only knew one thing. That she knew nothing.

8. InfIchi I AM DA PLOT NINJA

"Give em blood~ Blood~ Gallons of the stuff~" Shou sang as he walked away from the corpses. "Ugh... I'm bored." He let out a sigh rubbing the back of his head. "Man... I wonder who hired those guys..." The red haired assassin pondered for a moment before shrugging it off. "Meh, Fuck it. No skin off my nose... or their nose... Well... Skin off their nose actually cause i cut their head off." Shou shook his head, "Geez, I'm gettin all sorts of existential today." He continued his match through the grass and flowers, his sword dripping the blood of his enemies behind him.

"Wait... why was i here again?"
    He blinked a little bit, was he on a mission... he couldn't remember... "Eh, probably wasn't important." In truth, Shou was on a mission, His mission was to eliminate a rouge Mashima clan member... Who just so happened to have hired a small group of assassins to take out his own would be assassin. Though, the mission itself was of no consequence to the Assassin Extraordinar! Mostly because killing Mashima clan members is sort of his thing. "OH SHIT! THAT'S RIGHT!"

Shou laughed a bit as he slapped his forehead "Fuuuck im an idiot!" He chuckled a bit more, "You have to clean the blood of your sword or it'll rust!" Walking back to the now freshly dead bodies, "Imma borrow this kay?" Shou asked, grabbing one of the mens face masks. "Gotta clean my sword. Silly me right?" He sighed and rolled his eyes, "Sheesh I'd forget my head if it wasn't attached. Sort of like that guys... you know, the guy i decapitated?" He remarked, pointing over at the dead body. "Come on guys... Liven up. heh... I crack myself up."

"Really...?" He stood there in silence for a few seconds. "Well if you're all going to just lay about all day i'll take my leave." Shou finished cleaning off his blade and tossed the bloodied rag onto one of the corpses. "Fuckin deadbeats." Shou cracked his neck and began his march towards a small village he could see in the distance. "Wellp, Judging by the position of the sun and the moon... Jupiter is in retrograde and my horoscope says 'You will find succeed in all matters of the heart today!' ... That town is probably where i'll find my target." Shou nodded sure of himself.

"That or horoscopes are bullshit and that town is where i'll find my untimely demise. But that's very unlikely." The red haired assassin made his way towards the town. Confidently strutting... or well, walking as per normal for Shou.

In Town-

"Alpha team is down." A man dressed in all black reports, kneeling in front of six more men. "I see." One of them remarks. "Well then, Send in Bravo team." "Are you sure? Maybe we should send in everyone..." One of them comments, "No need. Bravo should be more than enough." The others nod, "Roger." With that, six more men were assembled and released out of the town. "Shou Mashima..." the words come from the shadows. "Ofcourse they'd send that bastard after me." "Are you possitive you want to take on the Mashima clan boss?" One of the men comments. "Ofcourse! Those bastards are weak and lack vision!" The man from the shadows slowly stands up.

"I'll take the Mashima clan by force, I'll bring about a new age for Kirigakure, For the world." He smirks lightly, crimson eyes showing great confidence. "Hell, I just might aim for the Mizukage while i'm at it!" He lets out a light chuckle... as does everyone else in the room, for fear of being killed if they dont...

9. Hollow 113 Exp.

Nuvole Bianche II

A scream resounded throughout Setsuko?s field. It wasn?t the first one either.

Amused, the woman looked over to her house, taking a moment to stare at Yuuko?s silhouette up on the roof. She was actually fixing the roof. Setsuko had known that?s the idea the girl would end up getting out of her request but she hadn?t really expected the girl to follow through with it, especially since the farmer only really wanted her to clean up the mess in that room. But she was taking her job so seriously that Setsuko couldn?t bring herself to her. This, she figured, was why the girl kept being requested for D-ranks.

As if sensing her eyes on her, Yuuko turned to look at her and waved before turning back around again. Setsuko sighed. It was getting dark, she should probably send the girl home. Yesterday, she had left in a hurry and come back with written instructions and all kinds of material she probably had no idea what to use for. Today, she had arrived early in the morning and had only come down that roof once, to eat lunch. Yuuko kept hurting herself, slamming the hammer on her fingers or letting metal planks fall on her feet but, to Setsuko?s surprise, was actually pulling it off.

The job was far from sturdy, it probably wouldn?t survive the next big storm that hit the farm house but it would protect its insides from the upcoming cold snow. Setsuko was pretty much already done with her crops, maybe she should actually give the girl a hand?

On the roof, Yuuko got up and looked down at her work in progress with a satisfied grin, wiping the sweat off her forehead with the back of her hand. Just a couple more planks and the entire hole would be covered. Afterwards, she still had the room to take care of but that would be easy compared to the intense hard work she had these past two days. She?d just have to dedicate her morning to it the next day and this mission would be complete. Content, she lifted her arms as she stretched her muscles out.

?You?re not getting lazy now, are you?? Setsuko asked behind her. Turning, Yuuko grinned as she saw the woman had already carried the necessary planks up the ladder making it look like the easiest job in the world when the girl had struggled hard with them earlier on the job. Carefully stepping over, she went to help carry them though there wasn?t much she could do with her little muscle strength and both woman tackled the remaining hole in comfortable silence.

?You should stay over tonight,? Setsuko said after a while, as Yuuko passed her nails with which to seal the planks in. ?It?s already freezing, you?ll catch a cold if you set out on your bicycle at this late hour.?

Yuuko smiled despite herself. She was a kunoichi, it would be shameful if she were to get a cold that easily, but this was Setsuko?s way of saying thank you so she quickly pulled her phone out to call her grandparents and inform them about where she would be staying tonight. Then both of them climbed down the ladder and went inside. ?Are Maria and Violeta doing okay??

?They?ve been staying most days inside lately, they don?t like the cold. You can go visit the cows tomorrow if you want but go take a shower now. I?ll go get you some clothes and start on dinner,? Setsuko answered, pointing at the door that led to the bathroom. ?You smell like crap.? Yuuko just laughed and rushed into the bathroom, eager to wash the hard work of that day away so she could eat her fill of Setsuko?s delicious vegetables later.

Cleaning the room the following day proved to be as easy as Yuuko had previously guessed. Most of the furniture was beyond saving and the few pieces that could still be used would still need heavy repairs before Setsuko would be able to use them again. The windows would also have to be replaced but glass work was way beyond Yuuko?s abilities. Soon enough, she found herself standing next to her bicycle once again, holding a bag with her dirty clothes from the previous day on one hand and a box filled with fresh veggies on the other. ?You didn?t have to Setsuko-san.?

?Nonsense, I already sold what I had to and there?s no way I can handle everything that?s left. Pass my regards to your grandparents and here, this is a little extra for your hard work,? the woman remarked, quickly stuffing a small envelope on Yuuko?s mouth. ?It?s way less than what I would have to pay an actual carpenter and I?m sure all these D-ranks can?t give a lot of profit.?

Yuuko laughed as best as she could, attaching her packages to the back of the bicycle and carefully putting the envelope inside her back pouch. ?Don?t mind if I take it then. Pass by the restaurant sometime Setsuko-san, obaa-chan loves having you around and Tora has been looking mighty lonely lately.?

The farmer rolled her eyes and shrugged. ?Tell that bitch to come here herself if she wants attention.?

Laughing, Yuuko got on her bicycle and pushed her feet off the ground for a small boost. ?I?ll come visit you again soon!? She called before dashing onto the road that would take her back to Kumo.

She was still a low genin who had never even been to her first C-ranked mission yet and instead kept being sent on little odd jobs like this. She wasn?t a strong fighter either, Tora kept complaining about her lack of strength and her poor taijutsu skills and, to top it off, she disliked the idea of fighting itself (and, to be honest, she was scared of ever facing a real enemy in battle)! But that?s okay. And as she passed the entrance to her beloved village and stopped a second to take in the sight, smiling as the guarding shinobi lifted his hand in a small greeting, she couldn?t help but think she was the luckiest girl alive.

?I?m home.?

10. Kenju I Run The Asylum

Tsunamori, Kentarou w/ Yuuko Shinohara
    "When in Doubt, Go with Pizza"

"What a drag,"

Kentarou said to himself while feeling like he was stealing someone's catch phrase. Not long ago he was in class teaching a bunch of innocent kids about the ways of the world. So why was he now walking solemnly through the village by himself? Well just when he went out of the classroom to inspect who was waiting for him outside, he found it was sadly not a cute girl handing him a love letter and instead one of orphanage employees asking him to get something for lunch.

"First I'm helping them with being a teacher now I'm their errand boy? This world just isn't fair to the kind,"

He complained to no one in particular while passing by the strangers on the concrete pavement. He fumbled around with the money given to him in his pocket, making sure it was still there. He passed by several shops, trying to find whatever caught his interest.

"Like usual, let's be cheap here,"

He stated while entering the pizza restaurant on his right. The sign above read 'Lil Beazers'. Why are we avoiding copyright? He questioned himself before making his order.

After a few minutes, that average-looking boy stepped out with two boxes of pizza stacked on top of each other in his left hand. They don't kid about it being hot-and-ready, he mentally commented on the heat passing into his hand.

The rapid sound of a chain running entered his hearing, and when he turned around to find the source of the sound, the boy was first blessed with the cute effeminate sound of “Excuse me!!!!” and then cursed with the feeling of a bike wheel slamming into his sternum.

"Gah!"

Maybe if he was a skilled shinobi, Kentarou could have evaded this situation. But like he always reminded himself, he was obviously not and as such he came crashing into the ground along with the pizza boxes.

11. Island In the Sun

Too many people, too many noises, and, worst of all, it smelled like some gross combination of body odor and pollution. In many respects, Downtown Konoha was probably the same place that it was a hundred years ago. There were still trees, still wood buildings with painted signs nailed to the exterior. There were still the smells of fresh noodles, seafood, and rice bowls. Still, it just wasn?t the same, and it would never be the same?

Yume preferred the park, but she begrudgingly gave it up after one too many days of wandering off the path to stare at the water and then being viciously attacked by the local geese. Some people could just walk up to them, feed them, and even pet them, but, for some reason, geese simply disliked the young woman.

For what reason, she had no idea.

But as soon as she heard that sound?

She knew that her day at the park was over and that she should serious reconsider where she spends her leisure time. Between classes and studying, she wanted a breather, somewhere she could relax, enjoy the atmosphere, and maybe grab something to eat.

Thus, she ended up downtown.

Not exactly the atmosphere she wanted, but it sufficed. It was a strange combination of businesses, restaurants, and shinobi. Something like a traditional countryside village except a few order of magnitudes larger and with the addition of super powerful shinobi enjoying a hot meal with their comrades. So, really, it was nothing like a countryside village whatsoever.

Yume scratched her head and glanced down at her feet. Maybe she should find a better metaphor, something that wasn?t totally the opposite of what she was going for.

But then, suddenly?

BAAAM!

She walked right into somebody, tumbled sideways, and fell onto her bottom, simultaneously spilling the contents of her bag everywhere. Her books, her notes, her makeup bag, everything, spilled out onto the sidewalk.

It took a moment for her to reorient herself. She rubbed her head and shook her temples, glancing up, only seeing the reflection of a headband.

?Oh!? She gasped. ?I?m so sorry, Shinobi-san!?

12. Hollow 113 Exp.

Cheesy Encounters I

It was her fault, it was most definitely her fault.

As always, she wasn?t really looking where she was going, simply gliding through the streets with earphones blasting music, it was a wonder it hadn?t happened sooner. By the time she realized there was someone directly aligned with her trajectory, it was way too late to avoid a crash. That?s to say she just panicked and totally forgot how to use the bicycle?s breaks. ?Excuse me!!!?

The impact happened and both her and bicycle ended up on the floor. For a second, Yuuko just lied there on the ground, her legs miraculously still wrapped around the now oddly twisted bicycle. The fact that they had just crashed in front of Lil Beazers and that she was mighty hungry was all her brain was able to process until, like a bolt of lightning, the realization that she had crashed into someone hit her with enough power to make her snap to attention.

There were people around, some looked amused and others slightly worried. She even heard a few ?Are you kids okay?? Yuuko would be lying if she said that crash hadn?t hurt but it had to hurt way less than actually being hit by a bicycle. Kicking the trinket away, she pushed herself up and slowly approached her victim with a frown.

?I?m so sorry!? She shouted earnestly before grabbing his arm to help him up. ?Are you okay? Nothing?s broken right? I?ll?? The girl quieted down a bit as she noticed the pizza boxes on the ground. One of them was bent and half of the pizza was only peeking out of the carton but the other had opened up with the crash and a perfectly delicious pizza was wasted on the cold floor. There went the extra money Setsuko-san had just offered her a while ago. ?I?ll cover the cost of your pizzas!?

Not feeling like staying put while waiting for the boy to start yelling at her, Yuuko made quick work of picking the wasted pizzas and her own stuff off the ground. The people that had decided to stop and watch the show were already moving on and all the girl could think about is how she was probably about to be dragged into a shady corner and beat up like in the old days. What if he was part of some gang? What if they decided to make her a slave after this?!

Looking back at the boy, he didn?t really look the part though. He looked like he was still struggling with some pain but he didn?t look all that angry, nor did he look like he belonged to the mafia. Instead, he looked serious and kind of shy. The kind of boy that would be bullied into being the errand boy for his friends. Once again getting closer to him, Yuuko tapped him on the shoulder with an understanding smile on her face. ?It?s okay, I?ve been through the same. Life is hard, isn?t it??? She sighed as if they were two old men sitting on a bar, drinking bears and talking about what?s gone wrong with their days. ?I like you, we should be friends. My name is Yuuko, let?s go get you those pizzas I promised you.?

13. Kenju I Run The Asylum

"There's Some Bad Pun To Be Made Here"

"Ugh,"

Kentarou grumbled something unintelligible as he tried to get to his feet. He was in a bit of a daze as the world spun around him. Well he was not so weak of a person that he couldn't withstand any pain, so the average-looking boy was certain he would not cry over something like this. That's right, he would stand and look tough with the people around watching and maybe even impress some girls.

However, once he found the mangled pieces of pizzas on the dirt-filled concrete . the boy could since he was starting to tear up. "No dammit!, this is going to come out of my wallet!", he cried out as he lost any will and crumbled to his knees. Holding his head, the teen starting contemplating dark thoughts, "No wait, kids don't give a crap what they eat do they!? Yeah, they'll eat anything as long as it looks good!," he said something that would get him fired if heard.

It was then that he saw a young girl about the age of his own helping clean up the mess that was made. Any rotten thoughts he had were literally swept away by hey. In other words, this must be the person responsible for crashing into him. "Had you been a guy and not a cute girl, we probably would have gotten into some fight about making you pay me back double. But since you're not, I guess I can only look the other way. This world really is unfair like that," he commented while finding out he had somehow gotten his own catchphrase.

He listened to the girl apologize to him, honestly he was not the type to bully a girl over this sort of thing so it only made him uncomfortable. This was especially true since she had such an innocent look on her face. "What you hit someone with a bike and now you like him? What kind of bad romance comedy is this?" Although he said that, he knew there was no one such a beautiful dream would happen for him in reality. "But there's no way I can just let you pay for it for me, atleast let me have some of that pride left,"

The boy started dusting off his suit and straightening his tie that had become crooked. Kentarou almost failed to believe such a convenient sweet looking girl could just appear before someone like him. "My name is Kentarou Tsunamori, the kind of normal teenage boy you kind find anywhere. Oh and a teacher I guess. How about we satisfy eachother's ego and we'll both pay half?" he spoke before reluctantly going back inside the pizza restaurant with her.

14. Atlantic Storm Booze Intermission Supporting Staff

"I know one thing: that I know nothing."

THE FIRST MISSION

There was something about the outskirts of Konoha that was strangely soothing. Something in the fresh air, the cool wind and the tranquility of the land away from the hustle and bustle of the central village. A lot of people moved here to settle down after retirement; some were shinobi wanting a bit of peace, others civilians who just wanted to get away from it all. Now, she understood why.

Yukino's client was neither. From what she had read in the mission statement provided at the Hokage's office, Yukimura was the head scientist at a facility for research on the local wildlife. From what she had been told personally by her family (who had collaborated with him before in the past), Yukimura was an untrustworthy, idiosyncratic man highly dedicated to his job. She supposed, then, that the possibility of dishonesty mentioned in the mission statement was quite high; it was common for clients to engage in a bit of underhandedness to cut down on costs and if theirs had past history, that made it all the more likely.

She had considered that, and accepted the mission, anyway. After the disastrous first mission she did with Inui, she needed something to wash out the lingering bitterness. People said you were only as good as your last mission, and Yukino didn't want to only be as good as a third-rate kunoichi who let her team mate die.

The girl took a deep breath, exhaled, and knocked on the glass door of the research facility. "Who is it?" a voice immediately sounded from the entrance telecom—a small thing stuck o the side of the wall. It sounded cranky, impatient and frazzled by bad static. No doubt, whoever was behind it was eager to get back to his work.

"Yukino Nara, reporting in," she answered. Her soft voice was barely audible to those standing around her. "Please inform Yukimura-san that we have arrived."

15. Kei Has a very specific fetish

The Game of Desires
    KonO]Oha
    Press Conference ​

He was amazing when he walked into the room, people held their breaths for him. The way he smiled was warm, but his eyes were warmer. Almost like a fire in a cold cabin, so welcoming so enticing. How many women fell prey to this red haired man, how many lust for the one single touch at night? Male or female, Kyo Minami’s charm was undeniable.

The man that came from a small clan somewhere out in the boonies of the world map, was now the reigning Hokage, and everything about him screamed forbidden. From his red eyes, to his red hair, and even to his reddish lips, something about him screamed other worldly. Maybe there was a reason, maybe there was an inkling of hope for some people in the room, to be able to hold the Fire of Konoha.

The Fire of Konoha that was what they nicknamed him. The fire that was dangerous and would bring the nation down yelled the conservative of Konoha. The fire that would light the way to a new and brighter future yelled the liberals of Konoha. The flame that would burn so bright that it would eclipse the village in its light.

The fire that came from the Fenikkusu clan, Kyo Minami….
    The Flame of Konoha….
    The Hokage of Konoha….

The room fell silent as he walked to the podium and when he smiled, lights began to flash from cameras.

“KYO! KYO OVER HERE!” They began to scream, each of the reporters stumbling over themselves trying to get the young man’s attention, “KYO! KYO THIS WAY!”

The young man only smiled before nodding over to a young woman, when Kyo looked at someone it was almost like a flamed consumed them. The young flame was looking at them. He wanted to hear their voice! The young woman quickly stood up with her note pad clutched tightly, she looked down at her notepad before looking back up!

“The people want to know! Why do you have Class A stationed at Ame?” She asked, and for a minute there a little snicker from the Hokage.

However he regained his composure, “To ensure the bond between Konoha and other villages is a good one, as someone who use to be from The Small Three, I believe that the bond between us should strengthen. The relationship I have planned for Konaha and The Small Three will benefit us greatly in the future I believe. Class A will represent us and be the bridge between us, and other villages.” He answered

“Children are our future, and we should secure it.”

And once he was done that sprung a huge wave of question, but the man didn’t wavier. The air around him was untouched before he looked over and pointed to the other reporter.

“On the topic of Class A, we heard from a source that you are planning something! Do you want to tell us what it is?!” The reporter asked, Kyo nodded

“I am planning to open the doors of Class A to two special genins, but for right about now it is in the planning stages, and I will announce more at a later date.”

And again wave after wave of questions, and for some reason he answered them all with grace. There was no question he knew how to work the press. Question after question, he answered them easily. Once it was concluded, he walked out like he just won a game that no one knew they were playing. When left the building, flashes from cameras came from different angles, bright shiny lights that would dizzy a normal person, but again. Kyo had this other worldly aura about him, he smiled and waved, smirked and chuckled at questions of his latest beds. Did he have a bastard child with some high powered woman in Koto.

Once he stepped into his limo and the door closed, he took a big breath and released it.

“I always hated reporters.” A woman voice complained as she sat next to him, her eyes were covered by glasses, but her long red hair cascaded down her dark skin, “Never mind that, I hate politics in general. I don’t understand how you can do it.”

Kyo smirked as they began to drive back to the office, “It’s a game Zenas….A game that I am willingly to play.”

Zenas looked over at him, “A stupid game…”

“A game nonetheless.”

Kyo looked over to Zenas and gave her a smile, in which she only turned and frowned the 39 year old woman didn’t appreciate the young man, but she took a deep breath.

“You enjoy your game Kyo.” Zenas sighed before looking out the window, the city lights blocked out the stars. Over the years she watched the buildings become bigger and bigger, the city lights were cold to her. “I will not have any part of it though.”

Kyo frowned, “When will you ever be honest with yourself Zenas? You are enjoying the sport are you?”

“That’s why you still here, isn’t it.”

Zenas crossed her arms before looking over at him, but Kyo continued, “If you didn’t believe in me, you wouldn’t be here. Such a horrible liar even now.”

“You are honestly more attractive when you show that desire of yours.”

Zenas laughed…​

“Is that what you think little one? When you are the one honestly denying what you truthfully want.”

Kyo turned away from her….

“It’s all for the sake of the game….Got to give to receive….That is how the world works.”

“That is how your world works little one.”

Kyo turned to say something back to her, but she was gone. She was always like this, ending the conversation when she saw fit. Maybe because he was so young compared to her, a full 14 years younger, and only a few years older than her son. However, there was a little truth to her words and that was what caused Kyo to smile a bit.

Sacrifices must be made, his happiness, his wants, and desires, they meant nothing for the goals he had….​

And he was willing to give his all to see his dream for Konoha….

16. Chronos The Wild Card

Mission

"...Another dream about him..."

His hand rose to his cheeks, his eyes wondered the darkened room searching for any viable source of light, but none shone through the seems of his windows, in fact, night was still present, the moon shone much like the image of his dreams, a cloudless night, with an eerie chill gusting through the mountain's peak.

"What hour is it, even?"

Displeased, tired, all the sensation began to muster in his core. He turned, witnessing his clock that directed the time to be 3:00 A.M. Just like before, the times where this nightmare presented itself, when that man came to his realm of sleep in different forms. It was always something that woke him at dusk. The sensation of waking to the beaming rays was almost foreign to him, set nights were becoming far more frequent, he hated it, but then again he could do nothing for it.

Removing his sheets he escaped his bed, dressed up and closed the door behind him... His parents were in the other room, sleeping the night away. Of course, people such like them are rather common in this world. People who's jobs rule their lives, they have to sleep the night so that they could labor through the morning, this was it's simplest, most viewed family for someone who was a civilian. This boy who hates his name, has taken the mantle that could only really satiate his perception of himself. How he, who has failed, just about every statistical test concerning Shinobi has still managed to rank within the system standards as Genin. For a boy who's family has no historical record of Shinobi, who has no clans or ever even showed the sensibility towards chakra.

He undertook the mantle of Ace, of course, this is only how the world should recognize such unbridled failure. A boy who suffers from a condition stabilized as "Myopic Chakra Semblance", one that causes the human body to neglect it's natural chakra spark. However, he himself could somehow manage unbelievable feats without the help of chakra, however, this also hindered in some aspects of his Shinobi title. However, under the system, he is considered a reject, he couldn't have passed the test because he had no chakra to begin with, correct? In fact, it was beyond correct. But he made it, he was an Ace. A commoner who rose the ranks merely through an imperfection, a fluke you could say.

The boy wrote a letter to his parents, not much other than "I'm out working" was written, leaving he moved through the dark streets of Kumo. His hair, silver as the gleaming moon, and his most distinctive feature, eyes of the same silver hue shone at the gleam of the street lights. Moving towards the center, taking his time he entered the mission registration area. Upon witnessing the child a peculiar face sprung from behind the desk and welcomed the boy with a smile.

"Hey, Kiddo. Can't sleep tonight either, huh?"

"Like I can ever. Man, I wonder how those Mantra guys do it. Like, I rather never dream than see another of those bloody messes."

"Careful what you wish for, Ace. Never know if any of those could come true."

Ace smiled slightly, this merely resembled a prominent feature in his character, usually this smile was in terms, on of agreement. But at times, one of defiance. At the moment, he didn't much care for what the man behind the desk told him, so he cut off the conversation to ask.

"Got anything new for me?"

"It's 3 A.M. Most of our lower rank jobs aren't posted yet."

"Can't you just give me something, man? Last thing I want is to go back home."

"Well, there was a really weird submission handed to us sometime yesterday morning. Nobody wanted to pick it up, but I suppose you can get it."

"What's it about?"

Handing the paper to Ace, he began to glance its contents further and further into detail. It was a mission, one of which he would have to commute to Konohagakure to accomplish.

"Dude, this is sweet! Why didn't you give me this earlier!?"

"You think I'd let you commute half across the country without your parents notice?"

"You think a Shinobi should have their parent's notice?"

"...Good point. You going now?"

"Hell yeah, I am! How long is the train ride even?"

"Around a couple of hours. If you go now, you should be there by sunrise."

"Sweet!"

Checking his wallet, he finds that he's about as wealthy as a 'struggling collage student', with this he couldn't even pay for the pass to get into the train.

"Wait, I'm broke. How am I suppose to get to the village?"

"I don't know, how ARE you suppose to get to the village?"

"What? Come on, isn't there some kind of helping fee for the traveling party?"

"What the hell do we look like, a charity!?"

"I don't know man, you do look like you've been homeless before. That or you've worked in a soup kitchen."

"WHAT THE HELL!? I don't want to hear that from the kid who's wallet is as empty as his track record!!"

"Dude, chill."

"I AM CHILL!!"

"Alright fine, man. I'll go look for the money somewhere else. But hey, man, just saying for the record I really appreciate this."

He extended his hand in a friendly gesture. The man behind the counter look at it awkwardly and reluctantly gripped his hand into a subtle shake. Pulling him closer, Ace hugged the man in a gesture of bromance. The man rose his brow and patted his back mere due to compromise of such an awkward response.

"Thanks for everything! Hey is there a map I can get at least?"

"Yeeeaaahhhh... They give one to the passengers on the trains for free."

"Cool! See ya, man!"

Ace rushed out the building and into the stress of night, as the man scratched the back of his head. Ace made his way towards the station, with a foreign wallet being tossed at the air playfully, a snarky grin crossed his lip. As he hold his laughter of the unsuspecting mission practitioner.

"Kekekeke."

Soon after, boarding the train, he headed towards the mission area.

17. Hollow 113 Exp.

Cheesy Encounters II

Leaving her bicycle outside, Yuuko followed her friend into the pizzeria with a frown. ?What are you doing talking about things like that at this point Kentarou?any pride we might have had left was completely blown away the moment we crashed like that,? she remarked honestly, getting her wallet and getting enough money to cover half the price of two family sized pizzas. ?Ah, give me a slice of pepperoni and a mango smoothie as well please,? the girl added to the order at the last minute. There was no way someone could stand there, smelling all the delicious pizzas and not eat some themselves.

?Do you have a big family Kentarou?? The girl asked while the clerk was working on the pizzas, looking around she went and sat on one of the tables, taking her smoothie with her and completely expecting the boy to follow and sit on the same table as well. ?You mentioned you were a teacher? I don?t remember seeing you over at the academy?no?aren?t you a little too young to be a teacher?? She suddenly remembered to ask, her eyes wide with curiosity as she took a sip.

Yuuko?s attention shifted towards the window as something outside caught her attention. ?What are we going to do about those two other pizzas,? she mumbled to herself with a rare thoughtful expression. ?It feels like a waste to simply throw them out, it?s not as if they were completely destroyed. Ojii-chan always complains whenever someone wastes food or leaves leftovers.?

?Ah,? she looked back at the average-looking boy with a wide grin, as if suddenly remembering he was there. ?I live with my grandparents over at the Raijuu street, we own a family restaurant, the Deredere. You should come visit one of these days, obaa-chan keeps telling me to bring friends over.?

Yuuko happily chattered away as the time passed and soon the clerk called them over to collect the pizzas. She didn?t want to say goodbye just yet though so she stared at Kentarou with a thoughtful expression until she grabbed her bicycle again. Instead of getting on it, though, she moved to stand next to the boy. ?Is your house nearby? Maybe we?re going the same direction, you were turning that way when I bumped into you right?? The girl commented, pointing to the left.

18. SoulTaker The Ever Living

Underneath the aphotic awning of night there sits three men before an outdoor pyre. This trio of men is very non-descript, they lack presence, they lack in being memorable, and perhaps they lack any distinction other than trash? They are quite simply men of low estate and even lower character. To spend time breaking down their unremarkability in a more precise prose would be a disservice to the King.

What was of more substantive value was the booty these men had taken on a recent misadventure. Her name was Nana, a girl who had been traveling with her family; a case of wrong place at the wrong time, they just wanted to go take the scenic route... Sensing the gentile weakness in that family the non-descript trio descended upon them like moths to a flame. They ripped that girl's mother and father to shreds right in front of her and yet they allowed her to live. This was a trio of beastly rodents with the basest of intent and even a young ing?nue such as Nana could feel the predatory affair they had in store for her.

She was a very pretty girl, no older than 18 and no younger than 16, fresh faced with an hour glass shape that would undoubtedly fill out and make a lucky man very happy. As was the case with men who take what is not there's they had a more depraved hedonistic nature than most. It was quite evident what they intended to do with this girl. She had resigned herself to her faith as she curled up on the ground away from the fire, away from them. She could have gotten up and ran but the light of hope could no longer burn in the hearth of her spirit, this was going to be her end, her numbingly agonizing end.

White-hot tears ran down her face as she thought about the happiness of the life she had lived before this moment and of the moments she would never have after. She was a youthful beauty much too young to face the harshness of her mortality.

Despite her resignation in the back of her mind she hoped that somehow there was something that could save her.

She wanted to cry out desperately, hoping that somehow someway this would not be her bad end that somehow she could pick up the pieces of her life and this would all be over. She wanted to live but she just did not know how to fight and because of that she was enraptured by the paralysis of fear. Looking to the sky she sees a red streak speeding across the skyline, no one else notices only her. A smile creeps along her lips as she clutches her hands close to her heart, her prayer had been answered.

Someone was coming to save her?​

19. SoulTaker The Ever Living

'I Have Always Been' - King

Spoiler:
    Whatever King wanted is what ever King got.​

?Did you ask my permission before you decided to abscond with one of the common trashes of my future kingdom??

The tenor of his voice was laced with burgeoning rage. In spite of the intensity of such a statement perhaps more unnerving was it was stated as a matter of fact. The trio was felt their spinal cords go taut as they knew of no kings within the Land of Fire and yet they felt like a group of children caught with their hands in the cookie jar.

?Surely if you had asked nicely I could have looked the other way. Don?t let my noble disposition fool you even I, King Kazama, like to engage in the shenanigans every now and again.?

Shock begins to dissipate at this moment. Now, their collective gazes scatter from side to side not able to make rhyme or reason of where exactly disembodied voice is coming from. They all think to themselves it might be some kind of spirit, like in those Shinto shrine stories, and they are absolutely right there is a spirit that is about to descend on them. This spirit is malcontent unable to be satiated by any reasonable means. It's not about quenching his blood thirst it was simply a case of wrong place wrong time for these men. They could have done or said anything and the outcome would still be rendered the same.

?You filthy trashes, are you so stricken with ignorance that you think that a King such as I would dirty my shoes by walking on the same sullied ground as you? The notion I would walk very same ground that the unwashed masses walk? Men who need to steal in order to eat? Men who cannot even compel women to their bedside and would instead force themselves on them? Just who the hell do you think I am!?!??

The men looked upward to where the roar of rage emanated. Collectively dumbfounded gazes pulled to the sight of a teenage boy with wild ivory hair, dressed in priest?s garb, all the while replete with a splendid red tunic cut from exquisite cashmere silk. The fineness of the boy who called himself King was especially astonishing in this moment; the trio took a defensive stance the glint of silver's edge showing their readiness for combat. Yet the fine looking beast above them shifted mental gears without every really saying anything. In this moment he found himself feeling perplexed and somewhat philosophical.

"You know what I find confusing? How is it that the trash actually perceives something like me in a situation that?s going this route? I mean I'm up here flying and you are down there, below me, in what?s probably the cruelest reality the only could have picked for you. Is it a divide in our educations? How could you not surmise from the difference in our stations that this is a very bad situation for you? I mean look at me, I?m flying you stupid shits!! Who does that!? Who the hell do you think I am!?"
    The suddenness of his mood swing was matched only by his imminent departure. His wings lashed through the vacuum, a roaring gust deposited from the heels of his feet. As he comes down his hand shoots toward his waistline as he pulls his blade from its scabbard, in that fraction he flicks his wrist skillfully twirling the blade, and in the next fraction he is simply hovering behind them.

Yet to them?​

It was just a red blur coming down from the sky like a comet intent on delivering some sort of divine prominence. In a way they?re right, aren?t they?

SHINK

The cut is delayed perfection; there is no viscus in its accompaniment just three simple elements. The head, the body, and the blood. Firstly there's a body, if King is involved there always is, second is the head that rolled a handful of feet from the body, and third is the blood pooling to the ground from the space between the head and neckline. It happened so fast to for everyone except for King and after the shock had dissipated fear took hold.

It wasn't the trio, which had now become a duo, it was sweet young Nana, she looked at her savior, she saw how he meticulously hovered inches above the ground, she saw macabre glee in his eyes as he played with idea of touching the ground. He was more concerned with the mundane concept of his feet rather than the fact he had decapitated a man.

And in the next moment she met his gaze and she saw something in his amber eyes that was simply inhuman. Letting out a gasp she tried to move backward but could not, her body unable to react to the calls of her mind. King could see the specks of fear in her eyes and this caused him to let loose a boyish smile, his soft features contrasting with the harsh scene that had played out. Their impromptu stare down was cut short by retaliation from the newly minted duo.

"You're going to pay for that!"

It was said with machismo and bravado as if there was a chance they could win this fight or even live through it. Before they could even mount an attack King disappeared into the ether. The volatility of his velocity betrayed his location but these were not the men to do anything about it, would man be the right noun to describe the situation?

SHINK

Just like that another head rolled, the cut just as clean as the last one. There was no doubt in the lone survivor's mind that he was not dealing with a mere teenager, no this was a brat with incredible power who had done this sort of thing before. There was only one true option for the lone bandit; he went straight for the girl. Somehow he managed to get to her without being stopped. As he pressed the girl into his body and brought a knife to her throat she began to shriek. It was the kind of blood curling shriek that would have registered a seven on the Scream Queen scale, the kind that would make even a patient person very annoyed. If there was one thing to be gleaned from King's disposition he was not patient.

"Shut the hell up trash!"

Nana heeded King's command immediately correctly surmising that there was more to fear from him than the men who had massacred her family.

"Using her as a shield is only makes it harder for your head and your shoulder to get a divorce, I can still kill you!?

A nobleman of his word King faded away from their sight reappearing behind them with his sword lodged firmly in the bandit?s spine. This cut was not as perfect as the last two; this one was too deep, the cold steel edge poked at the small of Nana?s back. She couldn?t help herself?.

She screamed.

"I told you to SHUT THE HELL UP!!"

Without a second thought the edge of his sword burrowed through another squishy barrier finding it?s way out of Nana?s chest.

SHINK

King pulled his blade out from their bodies and swiped at the air, using the stridency to clean the katana. He began to float away but was stopped as he heard the ground crunch.

?You came from money and because of that Kyo Minami thought you were worth saving. That man?s word carries weight in this Land of Fire, but no word carries more weight than mine. Every existence other than my own is something that will die or is about to die, but if I deem it necessary I will bring that existence to an end. I told you not to scream you stupid gutless trash.?

?But?.why?.don?t you?..kill?..me?

?Because I blessed a lowly existence by coming down from the heavens just to save it and that existence disobeyed me.?
    King begins to hover higher into sky ready to leave the girl to die, but not without one last parting thought

?These other men were just at the wrong place at the wrong time.?

20. Kenju I Run The Asylum

"Lets Not Get Concieted, Tsunamori-Sensei"

"...We're on a first name basis already?" Kentarou responded to the weird girl that was a little more friendly then he thought. If he had been the suspicious-type, he would have suspected that she was a spy and had planned this situation all along. But there's no reason to be spying on an average guy like me, he thought to himself as he re-ordered the same two stacks of of pizza at the desk counter. He noticed the cashier give him an odd look after just ordering the same thing a few minutes ago.

The normal boy in the suit embarrassingly only looked away and waited next to the girl. They continued to chat among each other to pass the time by. He thought for a few seconds while contemplating on what answer to give Yuuko on the of family. "Family huh? no I-" the thought of those annoying kids came to his mind for a split second. "Eh, I suppose you can say I do have a big family," to keep himself from thinking of something embarrassing, Kentarou tried to give his response in a cool manner.

"Hm, I wouldn't worry about those things," he only glanced out the window momentarily at the pizza outside with a tired expression. "I'm sure some cats or dogs will come eat them up. And it'll all turn out to be some sort plot by god to let those starving animals eat at the expense of my money and time," he added on while taking a seat across from her. "Though I do like the way your grandfather thinks, food doesn't always come cheap"

Probably because it didn't seem real to him that he was sitting and talking with a cute girl at a restaurant, he didn't seem to be consciously aware of this situation. There was no way the world would be that fair to him, right? Anyways, the normal teenage boy returned to the topic at hand, "Ehh, well meeting up at a friend's restaurant sounds like a discount, so you can count me in to show up. Just don't go complaining if I show up too much," he said with a small smile of his own that only lasted a few moments.

When the time came for their orders to be received, the two kindly took their respective meals and headed on their merry way outside. When asked about where his home was, the boy first intercepted that with something else, "Oh right, about the teacher thing. The truth is I'm just a volunteer teacher at this nearby orphanage. Honestly because this nation is filled with so many schools meant just to nurture shinobi, there are very few actual schools meant for normal kids," though he said those words in a calm tone, there could be sensed a bit of frustration mixed in with those words.

"Anyways, I'm smartening those kids up and truth be spoken we're still in the middle of class, and I just had to come out here to get some food for us. Like you thought though, it is that direction, so...uhh... I don't mind heading there along with you. Where were you coming from anyways?" he questioned while switching the hand that was holding the cartons of hot pizza.

21. Hero Firewhore

Terminus

Atropos, dread
    One of the Three,
    Holding The thread,
    Woven for me

The orange haired girl's eyes flickered faintly under her eyelids as a smothered gurgling sound escaped from her throat filled with blood. She was so weak that she couldn't even hack the fluid up to clear her airways. Instead, the young woman managed a tiny cough that was just enough to cause the red fluid to spill over her lips like a crimson waterfall. Fuyuka had regained consciousness. The girl tried moving her arms, both of which lay spread eagle, towards her side so she could sit up, but she was entirely exhausted of chakra. "I...failed" she scolded herself softly in her head before slipping back into a realm of unconsciousness.

It was if Fuyuka was merely a tourist in the waking world, never quite managing to stay awake. Subtle at first, but then surging forward, Fuyuka experienced a pain like no other. She felt it in her fists, in her feet, in the hollows of my eyelids, shaking through her skull, through her spine and down through her ribs. Suddenly all of Fuyuka's bones began to shake and her cracked open. She couldn't move her neck at all, but looking down the bridge of her nose, she could see two woman crouched down at her waist. The woman with longer hair was spinning her finger in circles in Fuyuka's blood when she and the Fuyuka made eye contact.

"So fragile, the human body. Just one prick and it will draw blood," the woman spoke calmly, twirling the finger covered with Fuyuka's blood in front of her face. "Cut it in half and the bleeding will never stop." she smiled, reveling the dire state Fuyuka was in. The woman would have loved to stay the remainder of the time to watch the orange haired girl be completely drained of fluid, but she and her accomplice were on a schedule. It truly was a shame because Fuyuka had already lost half her blood, it wouldn't take that much longer to lose the rest. However orders were orders and they were not to be disobeyed.

At this point in time, the woman was levitating off the ground preparing for departure with her accomplice by her side. Before leaving, the young woman decided to impart some 'kind' words. "What do you plan to do now? You can't move and have no hope of rescue. Consider how lucky you are that life has been good to you so far. Alternatively, if life hasn't been good to you so far, which given your current circumstances seems more likely, consider how lucky you are that it won't be troubling you much longer. Sweet dreams...forever." the slender dark haired woman grinned insidiously. In no time at all, Fuyuka's two foes were out of sight, taking with them the prize that they sought.

For the first time in forever, Fuyuka was afraid. She was physically trembling. Here she was dying on the bunker floor, alone with her thoughts. Before faced with her imminent death, she remembered how she always did whatever she could to make sure that when the times got rough, she was never alone. But Fuyuka knew better than anyone that things don't always go according to plan. There are some things that whiteouts can't even fix. Crying over spilled milk wasn't going to do her any favors because if she was going to die, which she was, she was going to do it with dignity. In her final moments, Fuyuka wasn't going to let her low self-esteem and negative thoughts berate her for being a complete and utter failure because frankly, she didn't know many people who could have handled the situation either.

What Fuyuka needed to be at this time was calm. God was awaiting at the door leading to the other side. Forming a large grin with her lips still wet and covered with fresh blood, Fuyuka closed her eyes; her blood being the only thing she saw as her soul was stolen from her.

22. InfIchi I AM DA PLOT NINJA

The birds chirped loudly as Shou walked along the grass, "Oi... Shut up yah flying bastards. Just cause you get to defy gravity whenever you fuckin like doesn't give you the right to interrupt my alone time!" Shou let out a sigh, There was few things he disliked more than birds... "Stupid birds... think they are so great just cause they can fuckin fly." He grumbled to himself, continuing on his path.

"I can see the target." Six men stood a few hundred feet away from Shou, assessing the target. "He took out Alpha squad... are you sure we can take him?" One of them questions. "We don't have a choice, boss's orders." "I get that... But like... He's a ninja right? Aren't those guys trained in some crazy shit?" The second man remarks, "Look! We have numbers on our side! There's only one of him, there is six of us! Nothing he can do can make up for our numb-" Before he could get his sentence out, a massive blade swung through his neck.

"Hey, Not to interrupt or nothin... But where you guys talking about me? I felt my ears tingle and my nanna used to say when your ears are a burnin someone's scornin yah!" He smirked at the men, "Or... Well... Something along those lines. I don't remember half the shit the old bat says." The men quickly leaped back and assumed a fighting stance. "You... You may have gotten us with that surprise attack but you won't manage it again!" One of them spoke up, holding his kunai in the air.

"Ok, who, Halt, timeout." Shou jabbed his massive blade into the ground. "Ok, for one, you got a tiny little kunai, you think that's gonna do shit to me? Nah." Shou shook his head, throwing his hand to the side for emphasis. "Look buddies, I'm a fucking ninja. Though, I still wonder, just what it means to be a ninja... Just what is nin... Just what is ja.... But that is besides the point." He coughed into his fist and cleared his throat.

"Continuing on... I'm a god damn ninja. You're a bunch of pathetic little shits who took up kunai's and know you got all big in your britches and think you can fight on par with even a gennin... Look dudes. You're academy student level at best. AT BEST."
    With that, Shou ripped his blade from the ground, streams of earth following behind it. "And at worst...?" One of them spoke. "Shark bait."

With a quick flow of his hands, Shout encompassed the area in a shroud of mist, "What's going on!?" One of the men shouts, "I can't see a thing!" Another screams. "It's too thick! We gotta run for the edge! Everyone split up and run as fast as you can! Get out of the mist!" The men took off like a bolt of lightning in a storm. "Sheesh." Shou let out a sigh, "They don't fuckin learn do they." With one motion, he leaped forward, picking his pray out carefully. He could hear his heavy breathing, his stomping feet as they frantically panicked and smashed into the ground with each step.

THWACK! His blade cleaved into the man's shoulder, slicing downwards and cleaving a clean sliver off his right side, taking his arm and half the leg. "GUAAAH!!!" "Shut it!" Shou kicked the mans skull, cracking his jaw and shattering a few teeth. "God you're loud." He let out a sigh, "Ugh, Fucked up and hit him too far to the right... gotta work on that. Hm... add it to the list Shou! Got it Shou, added to the list, and might i say you are looking quite handsome and strapping. Thank you Shou!"

With that out of the way, he dashed to his next target, this time opting for a horizontal slash to cut the man at the waist, "Hugrlth!" Though, he was a bit too high, instead slicing through his head, just between the jaw leaving only the lower half of his face intact. "Whoa... I am just not on my ball today am I?" Shou blinked a bit, "Sword... Are you messin with me? Is it cause I didn't let you drink all their blood? I'm sorry... YOU'RE NOT THE EXECUTIONERS BLADE! YOU DON'T DRINK BLOOD! Sheesh, wake the fuck up sword." Shou sighed, god swords can be such a handful.

The next three men would be the same, quick, simple kills. His skills that he polished for assassination fit easily against these low lives... Just your average person, not even highly trained... "Where are they..." The sixth man gulped, standing just outside the mist, all he could do was wait and listen to the screams of agony become silenced in an instant. "Hey! Look out! It's coming!" "Ah... What? WHAT'S COMING?! Tell me!" Suddenly from the mist blasted out the fan edged sword, stabbing into the mans chest and stomach. "That." Shou chuckled, walking over to him.

"Guhh.... hurghle..." The red haired assassin shook his head. "Don't speak... Just relish the feeling... The sensation." He took a deep breath in through his nose. "The gentle smell of iron in the air left from the faint mist of blood that expels with each cut... Feel it linger in the air... Settling only at the moment of-" "hurg..." "Death." Shou let out a deep breath. "Aaah... Much better."

23. Hidden Nin Well-Known Member

Inui Yamanaka
    Outskirts of Konoha

Start

----------​

Inui had grown accustomed to being a bit lazy, over the years. Traveling and his innate sense of time made him always as late, or early, as he needed or wanted. Today was one such day.

He'd read over the mission report, and gotten out of bed. He lived in the same flat his father used to live in, before he moved out with Haruko. It sat above the flower shop the Yamanaka Clan owned, and so saw him in close contact with them on a daily basis, despite the fact that he wasn't allowed to be seen in the shop, work in the shop, or really enter it. And to that end, he tended to walk out onto the fire escape, walk across the close line to the house a block over (the lady that lived there didn't mind much, and in fact encouraged it; she also had a dept to Inojin) and then scaled down their ladder, bounded off the awning of the market stall beneath that, and went on his way. It took him about a half hour out of the way, but it wasn't so bad.

He swung by the Nara compound first to see if Yukino wished to walk there together but...in the end it seemed she'd gone on herself early. He pursed his lips, and scratched his temple. "Is Yukino here?" he asked after having pressed the front bell. There was a rather offhand reply given, to the effect of wondering why he wasn't there already if she'd already left. Inui frowned and then scratched his head, moving off to find her, then.

Walks alone were the worst.

As he came up to the facility, however, he spotted his teammate, and...despite himself, put on his best smile.

"Oh, Nara-san, hey," he said, coming up as he watches her ringing the bell curiously. He hadn't been late, right...? And where was their third teammate? He glanced around to that end,

24. SoulTaker The Ever Living

in
    Kill Jintaku

Before my time my homeland was run by utter morons.​

I looked down at my mobile phone, the picture of the man I was meant to send back to the light emblazoned on it. I did my best to memorize his face, when it came to the common trash I do admit to having a problem in remembering them. When your existence is that common I can?t really be bothered.

This one was named Shin Ketsup Masheepa.

No.​

That was just my noble indifference setting in yet again, no worry, what I say is what it will be.

It?s good to be King.​

Anyway, the reason this mouth breather was about to meet the maker was pretty simple, he was killing all of the wrong people. As a Jashinist and the shepherd of the flock known as humanity, well I had the most astute and proper estimation of human life. That said when we kill people we try to make sure the right people die, agents of chaos like the ketchup man were the sort of blasphemers who perverted god?s work.

The people being killed were members of the target?s own clan, they were assassins by trade. The Jashin Order knew that these were the opportunities you used to help your neighbor so they may be of better use in helping guide others to Jashin?s light.

At the end of the day I don?t really care. Jashin believes in the me that believes in him and I can see the benefit of having a clan of assassins at the disposal of the Order so that means he does as well?

?Is this not a sight for sore eyes??

I had arrived at the meadow of the dead. The Mashima would no doubt have sent one of their own to handle this, but I had not expected the level of? craftsmanship, yea let?s call it craftmanship. The murder that had taken place here was an artistic commentary on the human condition; the perpetrator had a flair for the ultra-violence that was right on par with what the order looks for in its recruits...

The person who did this must become a member of my court.

Pressing on emboldened by the sights before me I took all of them in with a pep in my step that threatened to become full blown excitement.

And then I saw him. He was. A. Ginger.​

My heart sank ever so slightly.

This guy was no doubt a great killer but he was a ginger. Ever since I had met the Hokage I could not bear the sight of anyone with that eyesore atop their head. I already kept Gyousei Nijima in my court, there were days where his sight sickened me, a ginger would be even worse.

?You there I was sent by the sheep clan of the hidden piss. I?m here to kill a man for messing with my assasins.?

25. InfIchi I AM DA PLOT NINJA

He's a sadistic bloodthirsty assassin from Kirigakure! The Other's a sadistic Jashinist with a superiority complex! This Role Play its- Shou Mashima and King Kazama in.....
    KILLING JINTAKU!

Shou had taken a break from the murderin for a bit to catch his breath. "Man... Blood makes me hungry." He reached into his knapsack and pulled out a small onigiri. "Ah Riceballs, Nothin more bland than the good ol' rice ball filled with some beans or somethin." He began to much down on his snack when some crazy freak in a priests get up appeared.

“You there I was sent by the sheep clan of the hidden piss. I’m here to kill a man for messing with my assasins.”

"Yo... The hell is the land of piss?" Shou blinked a little bit, this dude was weird... and not your every day kinda weird... He was like, Shou weird. He took another bite from his Onigiri and began to speak once more "Anph whaf upf wif duh gef uf?" (And whats up with the get up?) He took another bite, swallowing the previous. "if meaf if noh hafowee if ih?" (I mean its not Halloween is it?)

With a quick gulp Shou lifted up his sword. "And if these guys are your assassins, buddy have i got somethin to teach you about your hiring policy." He gave one of the men's heads a quick kick. "You gotta hire high quality assassins. These guys are like... lowbie assassins. Ass-assassins if you will." He smirked a bit. "So, What do you say Hm? Mind tellin me what the holy order of touchy feely's got goin on here?" Shou paused a second. "You are catholic right?"

26. SoulTaker The Ever Living

in
    Kill Jintaku

What in the actual hell?​

There was a lot I could handle but when you are King like me that means you have to evolve the ability to be patient with the less blessed. Honestly for this trash to just sit there and eat while I asked him a question, not only that?.

He chewed with his mouth open! Who the hell does that? ​

The lowborn really were disgusting trashes. People like the ginger were the reason I did not like for my feet to touch the ground, why should a King?s feet touch the lowborn ground?

"So, What do you say Hm? Mind tellin me what the holy order of touchy feely's got goin on here?" Shou paused a second. "You are catholic right?"

Not only was he a lowborn trash but also he was an ignorant lowborn trash. It was typical of the people in these lands to confuse Jashin with Catholicism. It was ok as the existence of the ignorant trash was definitely one that was meant to meet an end. This one was different though; there was something in the way he murdered that resonated with me.

He was the idiot savant of murder, a Rainman.

?This guy is killing something that belongs to me??

I took my phone out of my robe and showed the Mashima the screen. The damned thing wouldn?t go back to the home screen but that was the quality assurance you could expect from those shitty Inoue trash. He would see the picture of one Jintaku Mashima.

?The Order of Jashin sent me. I don?t really care about any of these trashes kill them however you like, but that man and his main guards are mine. Lowborn such as yourself do not get the boss characters.?

27. InfIchi I AM DA PLOT NINJA

?This guy is killing something that belongs to me??

Shou stared at him blankly for a minute, taking another bite out of his rice ball, MAN was this shit bland! That's what he got for stopping at a quick-e-mart on the way here, never expect quality out of your local gas station dollar menu. But that was when the weird robe guy took his phone out and showed him a picture... It was, of course a man he had seen before.

?The Order of Jashin sent me. I don?t really care about any of these trashes kill them however you like, but that man and his main guards are mine. Lowborn such as yourself do not get the boss characters.?

"Oh fhit daf coufin jif!"(Oh shit, that's cousin jin!) the Mashima exclaimed, rice flying from his mouth as he thrust his hand toward the picture. "If irofif." (It's ironic.) Shou swallowed his mouthful of rice, after spewing a few more bits and bobs out of his mouth. "I just remembered, I'm actually on a mission to kill him myself." Shou took out a piece of crumpled up paper, it was a mission from his clan head, to eliminate the threat known as Jintaku Mashima.

"And lowborn? Booby, You were adopted by the killin life Mr.Jashin. I was born in it... Molded by it."
    Shou cupped his hands over his mouth, "Immortality... Powerful tools... To the uninitiated... But we are... Initiated... aren't we?" He let out a chuckle, "Heh... I love that voice. Some dude in a mask said it... or something like that, fuck if i remember everything people i kill say." ripping his sword out of the gut of the recently deceased, or as Shou liked to refer to him "Sword Sheathe #71", he rested the blade on his shoulder.

"So... I hear you Jashinites don't die or somethin." A sadistic grin grossed his lips, his razor like teeth shining through. "Kinda makes me wanna... try it out you know? Test how far immortality goes...." After all... Whoever can kill an immortal, must be truly great.

28. BringerOfChaos ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The Girl with Blue Hair

?The name?s Furi. What?s yours?? The blue haired girl had asked Juubun, who?s silence had continued to linger. To be quite honest, the green haired shinobi was sort of perplexed with the situation.

?Juubun.? Finally came the reply.

?Juubun, huh.? She rubbed her chin. ?I know, I?ll call you Juu-Juu. So Juu-? She paused so she could walk forward and allow Juubun to take refuge from the rain under her umbrella. ?I noticed your aim needs some work. I?d be totally willing to help you ou-?

?Why are you here?? The young Fūma had asked the kunoichi who had been watching him.

She seemed taken a back for a moment. In fact she was so taken a back that she decided to take a few steps back. ?W-What do you mean why am I here? This isn?t your training grounds.? Furi responded defensively.

?I have been here daily for the past year. I have rarely seen others train here. As a matter of fact, this place is so underused that the training equipment hasn?t been replaced for what seems like years. What brings you here now, Furi? Also, why were you watching me instead of training?? Juubun?s face betrayed no emotion. He brought his finger to his face to scratch his cheek as he waited for a response.

Furi?s fists clenched. ?You?ve trained every day for a year and you?re still a shitty ninja.? Was her reply to his questions.

Juubun continued to stare blankly at her. ?That was rude. Why would you say that??

?Fine, I know when I?m not wanted.? She said before walking away. There was some mixture of anger and rejection in her facial expression.

?Wait.? He outstretched his hand. For the first time the entire conversation Juubun had some inflection in his voice. ?You?re not unwanted. Your presence is welcomed.? His words made Furi stop walking, but she did not turn back around. Although Juubun seemed like the type of person who hated company and conversations, it was actually quite the contrary; Juubun yearned for conversation and somebody to talk to. No matter how much he filled his day with training and missions, he still wanted something to fill the silence in his life. Now here comes this girl named Furi to potentially do just that, and Juubun had already made her feel unwanted. ?I didn?t mean to make you feel unwelcome.? He concluded.

?Well, it sure felt like it. I go out of my way to befriend a stranger and get treated like dirt. That?s just wretched.? The young kunoichi replied, still refusing to face Juubun.

Why was this so difficult? ?I?m not good at socializing. I was simply curious as to why you were here if you weren?t going to train. That was it.?

Finally it would seem as if his words had reached her. She finally turned to face him. ?Do you always interrogate people who introduce themselves to you??

?Do you always shadow people you intend to befriend??

?Do you always answer a question with a question??

?No.?

?Do you always-Oh wait?? The girl caught herself before she asked another question. A silence lingered on for a few moments. Furi sighed. ?Okay, look. I?m sorry I overreacted.? Furi proceeded to use her left hand to pull on her bangs; perhaps a unique habit of hers? ?I guess we have another thing in common. I?m not really good at this socializing thing either. I?ve never really had friends.?

?You?ve never had a friend?? Juubun asked confused.

?Yeah, that?s what I said.? She let go of her bangs. ?I didn?t come from the Waterfall Village or the Grass Village. I was born and raised here in the Rain Village. You get what I?m saying??

?Ah, I see.? Juubun spoke. ?Normally adults start their families in the Waterfall Village, then they send their children to the Grass Village, and then when their kids graduate from the prestigious schools they come here to the Rain Village before finally rotating back to the Waterfall Village. That would mean-?

?That children are a rarity in the Rain Village, and that growing up there was literally no one my age.? Furi cut Juubun off. ?It didn?t help that I was an only child? It was just? Just? Wretched.? Juubun got the feeling that if Furi wasn?t holding an umbrella, she?d definitely be crossing her arms right now.

?So in a way you?re an outlier to the village?s system. Growing up you had no peers. Be that as it may, at your current age you should have plenty of students who have come here from the Grass Village who are in your age ran-?Before the green haired shinobi could finish he was cut off once again.

?Ugh, I could?ve swore that I already made it clear I don?t like those asshat Grass Graduates! All they do is party and party! I tell you, all the good ones who are a minority go straight to the Waterfall Village, while all the immature assholes come straight here! It pisses me o-? J-Juu?... Did I say something wrong??

While onn her tirade she had failed to notice that Juubun was now frowning. Throughout this entire conversation his demeanor had been expressionless, his voice absent of emotion, and his posture rigid. Furi had noticed that unlike her that Juubun was not a very animate speaker; he was always like a statue. This time however when she got a good look at him, she noticed there were many things different; he had taken a few steps back, his wrists were raised as if he were ready to block an attack, and finally there was a subtle look of fear in his eyes. ?C-Can you? Not yell like that??

29. SoulTaker The Ever Living

in
    Kill Jintaku

I can feel the stress mark on my forehead pulsating...​

It aches to the point where I feel as though the stress will actually burst forth from this mark and attack this moron.

But this is the burden of the King isn?t it? You don?t kill assets, but this one he has the audacity to actually try to raise his hand to someone as big as I?

"So... I hear you Jashinites don't die or somethin." A sadistic grin grossed his lips, his razor like teeth shining through. "Kinda makes me wanna... try it out you know? Test how far immortality goes...."

My fist began to clench as I thought about bringing this ginger to ruin, but then I had something of an epiphany in that moment.

What if Jashin chose another to be his King? Would I have been one of the lowborn? Perhaps the more important question, would I have been a ginger?

I shook the thoughts out of my head as a scowl affixed itself to my countenance. While I was born of a higher grade than all other mortals I did not possess immortality in the sense that this simpleton most likely meant.

?My immortality is not a matter of the now it?s a matter of the future. I will always be King and long after you are gone from this world my name will carry on. My body is made of swords, I have no reason to cheat death, I am above it.?

I am far more than a very very pretty face. I had thought of the prospect of immortality before ginger trash had brought it up now. When you are King you have to think of lofty whilst not concerning yourself with the mundane. This was starting to get mundane for me.

?The way you kill is very nice for someone of your station. If it weren?t for the outrageousness of your hair color I?d command you to join my Court. I think you would be a fun toy, but I do get bored easily and I have no space for the superfluous. If you decide to make yourself such and take that sword from your shoulder then I really have no choice but to shepherd you to the Light.?

30. BringerOfChaos ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My First Friend

Juubun watched as Furi’s angry face relaxed immediately into a gentler disposition. “I-I’m sorry Juubun.” The young shinobi noticed the confusion in Furi’s apology; she was genuinely sorry, but she had no idea what she had done wrong. “It wasn’t my intention to make you feel scared.“ Seeing the calm collected shinobi cower like that made the blue haired Kunoichi feel bad, even if she necessarily didn’t do anything wrong. “I feel like shit.”

Juubun’s expression returned to its default blank state, and he had now lowered his arms and fixed his posture. “It wasn’t my intention to make you feel like ‘shit’, Furi.” He paused for a moment to contemplate what he'd say next. “I overreacted. It’s just that I’m not comfortable around shouting.”

“You don’t have to explain yourself.” Furi said with reassurance. “We all have our issues… It’s totally alright if you get anxious around large crowds and people shouting.”

Juubun uncharacteristically tilted his head to the side. “Who told you large crowds make me anxious?”

“Well fuck…” The native Rain Villager scratched her hair and then sighed. “Okay, okay…I’ve been following you for a few weeks. I saw you one day running errands in the village and I thought ‘wow, a kid my age who isn’t partying twenty four seven and isn’t a Grass Graduate Groupie’. I’ve watched you train a few times and that was when I definitely realized you didn’t come from the Grass Village.”

“Is that an insult or compliment?”

“A compliment. Yes, the Grass Graduates are way more skilled than you-” She then sighed. “And yes, even me… But that isn’t a shameful thing. The Grass Village produces the best shinobi, but at the same time all the graduates are completely pretentious assholes.”

“Statistically, that’s not possible.”

“Statistically, I don’t care… They’re all assholes. Can we stop talking about these assholes?” Furi said, totally unaware that she was the only one who kept bringing them up.

“…Okay.” Came the dry response from Juubun. Although one might assume he was completely disengaged from the conversation, he was actually thinking deeply of what to say next to keep the conversation going. “So you were raised here in the Rain Village. Does that mean you and your family live in an apartment?”

“Of course not.” She replied. “That would be terrible. Although advertised otherwise, there are houses here in the Rain Village… My family lives in the last standing neighborhood.” Juubun noticed Furi’s demeanor began to change to a more frustrated one; just like earlier she began pulling on her bangs again with her left hand. “But of course my poor parents are barraged with annoying business men who want us to sell our land to them so they can open up more apartment complexes. We don’t care how much they offer, we won’t give up land that has been in the family for centuries.” Juubun could tell that Furi was refraining herself from yelling. Although one couldn’t tell from his face, he really appreciated it. The blue haired kunoichi let go of her bangs and then took a few deep breaths. “Sorry… So where are you from? I take it you aren’t a Rain Village native… Or a ‘outlier’ as you would say.”

“I came here last year from the Fūma clan.” Juubun responded. He preferred his answers to be short and straight to the point.

“The Fūma clan? Juu-Juu, I order all my ninja tools from there. It’s the only ninja tool brand I use. Five ninja star quality. Why would you leave there? The weather there is way better than the weather here, plus no Grass Graduates around to stink up the place.”

“The Fūma clan didn’t produce enough missions for me to be a full time shinobi. That is why I came to the Rain Village.”

“Is that the only reason?” Furi asked; a bit unconvinced that was the real reason.

“My options were limited. The agreement made one hundred and fifty years ago made all Fūma clan residents citizens in the Rain Village. This was before the formation of the Small Three, so therefore I am not considered a citizen in the Grass Village and the Waterfall village. The only way for that to change is for the Fūma clan to give up independence. “

“While that checks out, I get the feeling there’s more to it, Juu-Juu.” The blue haired Kunoichi smirks. “By full time shinobi you mean a genin who only gets D rank missions, and maybe a C rank once in a blue moon. You didn’t come here for the missions, that’s for sure.” Juubun raised an eyebrow. “There we go; you’re becoming less of a statue already. What’s next, will you emote when you speak?”

“Maybe.” Juubun replied, before revealing the real reason why he came here. “The real reason is because I needed a change of scenery. As you said earlier, I have ‘issues'... I'd like to get over these said issues.”

“And how’s that been going for you?” She asked politely. The Native Rain Villager seemed to be proud that she was tearing down Juubun’s walls.

“Not good. I dislike the traffic and the swarms of people who make walking on the sidewalk impossible for me. It is for that reason why I travel by rooftop.”

“As all shinobi with half a brain should be doing.” Furi just had to chime that in.

“Then there are all the parties. Parties are a combination of all the things I dislike; large crowds of people and loud noises. The people in my apartment complex have a party every day.”

“I bet you it’s those damn Grass Graduates. They are wretched.” There was venom in her voice.

Juubun shrugged. Furi must really loathe the shinobi who come from the Grass Village. Suddenly he realized something…He actually got lost in a conversation for once. Usually the young shinobi would drown himself in training and missions just to get through the day, but this time he actually lost track of time by having a conversation with someone. Maybe Furi was the person he was looking for, the person who would help him be normal.

“Juu-Juu.”

“Hmm?” Juubun had realized that Furi was now closer to him waving her hands in front of his face.

“You zoned out on me. Didn’t anybody ever teach you to listen closely when a woman is speaking?”

“No.”

“Well they should’ve. Anyway, I said I’d be willing to help you train. Does that sound okay to you?”

“Yes.”

“Okay great. How about… We start with a spar.”

“I’ve never sparred before.”

“Really? What kind of ninja are you, everyone has sparred before.” The blue haired kunoichi said as she threw her hands in the air exasperated. She seemed to be making an effort once again to keep her volume under control for Juubun's sake.

“The man who trained me back in my village refused to spar with me. He had… Qualms about it.”

“Well I guess I’ll be breaking your sparring cherry.” Furi said amused.

“…”

“Oh come on, nothing? Not even a smirk? You know girls don’t like the serious types with no humor, Juu-Juu. Just my luck, I finally get a friend and he’s a total bore.”

“I believe some might prefer a boring friend over a rude friend.”

She smirked. “Well, at least you can be catty.”

“???”

“You know.” The Native Rain Villager began scratching the air. “Fierce.”

“Why do I feel my masculinity being questioned?”

“Because masculinity is a fragile thing, Juu-Juu.” Came the reply. “So.” Furi leaped backwards twice in quick succession. “This fight ends when one of us can’t fight anymore. Sounds good?”

“Yes.” Juubun nodded. “That sounds just fine.” And as the final words parted from his lips, the fight had begun.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015