1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Anime Awards for 2017 final part commences with the main awards! Please leave a vote or comment in one of the following competition threads!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto Spin-Off Manga

Discussion in 'New Leaf' started by Robo, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Robo Heretic

I've decided I'm going to write/draw a Spin-off of Naruto for the other Konaha squads, starting with Lee's team, since him and his team seem to be the most popular during the exams. I'm going to try and humanize characters when I can and dive deeper into personal experiences and interaction between other characters. At the same time I'm not wanting to make it feel like a fan-fiction, despite it being so. I will try my hardest to make the artwork consistent to its original style to keep the reader immersed.

here's examples of my work. You can also view my DA in sig.
    Spoiler:

This spin-off will likely be on the more mature side of shounen (near seinen). Inspiration of such includes much of the Land of Waves, and the Shikamaru arc. Particularly my favorite moment was his discussion with his father and his grief in the anime. I want to try and convey that in the spin-off with more characters, and know when to do it.

I'll also try and build chemistry that is in-character with how certain characters may behave. I will also not be shipping characters with ones that they do not ship with in canon. For example, I'm not going to try and pair Naruto/Sakura. This doesn't mean characters won't flirt, but their end-relationship will be as they were canon. For the relationships that are unconfirmed (like tenten/lee) I'll try and add material to push that since it's within their character to probably do so. Also chemistry will be mild until I reach shippuden era (fuck knows how long that will be).

I'll be posting chapters as they are completed. Don't expect weekly timeframes. Expect Ikemoto timeframe or longer per chapter.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
    Tags:
    • Like Like x 8
    • Coolest Guy! x 1
    • List
  2. Hitomi =^● ⋏ ●^=

go for it, I'd love to read a Naruto spin-off.:harley

3. Raiden formerly President Goobang

Holy crap! Maybe talk to mods and see if you can get this posted in the New Leaf section? I think it would get a lot of followers there.

4. root eltiT resU motsuC

Cool! Your art is really good, you're nearly nailing the early part 1 look of Kishi's art. Now all you need is to get the writing/plotting right. It's an ambitious plan, but go for it! One or two months per chapter seems realistic. I look forward to reading (and critiquing) your first chapter.

5. Xel

Nice to see people still having so much passion for the series :catfeels Good luck with the project!

6. RAGING BONER Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Puerto Rico
    good luck bruh; i can see that your art has potential and through regular practice you'll only improve.

edit: honestly I'd recommend using the setting but perhaps in a different era...maybe get a decent co-writer to help ease the work load.

7. Robo Heretic

I was thinking pre-Chunin exams and probably post SRA (to fill in gap between p1 and Shippuden).

But I might do some stories with other characters. Potentially OCs, but that’s not my main goal here. I do suppose Hashirama’s era would be a cool setting when/if I get around to it.

8. Abcdjdj1234 Well-Known Member

9. Reviewing Logic Peekaboo I see you! ( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

gives me old school Naruto vibes in art style

good luck OP

10. Yamato ANBU- Sadist

Argentina
    Looks interesting!