1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto to change?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by ILikeLongAndPointlesNames, Dec 15, 2005.

Think hes the same?

Poll closed Dec 29, 2005.
  1. Yeah

12 vote(s)
    35.3%
  2. No

22 vote(s)
    64.7%
  1. ILikeLongAndPointlesNames

It seems they set people up to be so great and knock them down as if they were nothing. they have been doin that for almost the whole manga and now after 2 or 3 year intermission for training Naruto comes out and is supposed to be able to Put up a fight against the Akatsuki, but when he fought Diedara or whatever the clay artist's name is, he was jumping into things head first without thinking and after that chases the clay artist flying away. He is so infuriated hes just running at it until kakashi stops him.

Anyways the point is do you think Naruto is always going to be like that or do you think it just happened because of Gaara.

It seems to me it was just because of Gaara but I looked through earlier in the manga and it was the same thing he used to do so I am debating it.
    Your thoughts?

Tags:
  2. Tenderfoot

Actually Naruto didn't just jump head first. He strategied a plan which was both efficient and effective within a few pannels.
    -Made a kage bunshin to rescue Gaara first.
    so it was mission first
    - The after Gaara was safe, he then went and fought Deidera, teh mission had already been completed.
    -At the sam time while fighitng Deidera he gave balance to Kakashi with a Kage bunshin.

Of course he was infuriated, any charcter would have probably done the same thing, unless they are cold or something. You must understand Gaara is one of teh few characters he relates to, so he might have so himself in that situation, ''only a Jinchiruuki can truly understand a jinchirruki'' (sp)
    As for changing, in general as a character he is evolving. There is no growth with no change, and i'm sure you'd agree that he is better than the old Naruto. Its too evident to deny.

3. Megaharrison Retired Staff

Naruto isn't supposed to be able to take on an Akatsuki yet, they're still far above him. He is only good for support for a guy like Kakashi or Gai.

4. masta_phat

I think he's changed, probablely more confident then he should be though, (in the beggining of the post time skip he was running around telling iruka and kakashi that he could probablely beat them, although that could've been a joke) But when training one on one, I don't know how much strategy training he has done with jiraiya, i see jiraiya teaching him more power and new jutsus, so yes he's changed but probablely still as hot headed as before

5. ycavan

I think that Ero-Sennin has CONSTANTLY told Naruto in the 2.5 years that he's honing Naruto's "natural" abilities in order for Naruto to survive long enough to get away from Akatsuki members. Remember that Ero-Sennin totally expects Naruto to figure out how to do things on his own? When Naruto learned Rasengan, that was the FIRST thing Ero-Sennin taught him.

6. BattousaiMS

Even if Naruto can take on Akatsuki it does not mean he has to come in and start owning everything he touches. Stories like that lose their value especially one such as Naruto with their large number of casts. Also, Naruto wasn't acting head first, the Gaara rescue was a personal one. He's best friend jucked got his life sucked out by a bunch of losers who think people like him are simply weapon carriers for them. In a similar situation almost everyone would act similarly as Naruto did, if you don't either you are really cold hearted or simply to anti-social to understand the concept of friendship and kinship. Look troughout the manga, all character faced with similar personal situations has acted somewhat like Naruto did.

- Sarutobi went for suicide technique to save the village from his evil genius creation.
    - Kakashi in Kakashi Gaiden, went for a one man suicide mission trying to kill all those Iwa nins by himself to let Rin escape.
    - Tsunade took mortal blows to save Naruto for a similar situation.

Naruto is no different, he is a human being, so he is expected to react the same way. Now if this was a random dude we never met and never seen and Naruto was doing the same thing then you could say he was acting like in part 1, but it isn't. This is Gaara, the closest thing Naruto has when it comes to similar past kinship.

7. Razgriez

I think Naruto is pretty much the same in being stubborn and a obvious to somethings.

As his skills of a ninja and his ability to now react better to a situation then jumping in head first has improved. Personality wise, he hasnt changed and is just a more mature and stronger Naruto.

8. Alia_Atreides

I dont think he has changed. Thats Naruto, I think, and he was very upset about Gaara. Thats how I understood.

9. Shiron

10. Peacehomes

I don't think we'll see the old "idiotic, show-offy, hyper active number one loudest ninja" Naruto anymore. But by no means is he on the Shikamaru level of knowledge and maturity. He'll still make sure all his enemies know of his dream of becoming a hokage though.

11. xeno

I think that he's changed a little, in that it seems he is better able to think ahead and form better battle plans. He still seems to be a little headstrong, but I agree that his rashness probably was caused in part by the fact that it was Gaara. His skills also seem to have improved too.

12. lekki

Well, I think he's at the point where no other shinobi could just execute him without him putting up a decent fight. And makes him a great deal better than a lot of the rest.

I mean come one!
    We never see Naruto pull through for us until he's really on the line and then a miracle occurs and could've sworn Yondaime was reborn.

You get my point =P

:thumbs

13. ILikeLongAndPointlesNames

No, I didn't mean or mean to imply that he would be able to take them all easily, I was trying to imply he would hold his own and think shit through

And after reading some of what you guys say, but so far it doesn't SEEM that he had changed that much for 2 / 3 years