1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice

3. Voting for the Contest Central Drawing Contest is live!
    Entries can be found here and the voting threads can be found here and here.
    Voting ends on Sunday, June the 30th!
    Dismiss Notice

4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Drinks!
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto's Age

Discussion in 'Konoha Recycling Heap' started by Nymphetamine, Dec 5, 2005.

1. Nymphetamine Shinigami

I am quite certain that this must have been posted before but anyway, here i go:

How can Naruto have the same age as Sasuke, Sakura, Shikamaru etc etc
    As is has been stated so many times, Naruto has failed 3 times allready at the Academy Graduation Exam. Note the Naruto and all others have been in the same class since they were children meaning that Naruto didnt get to meet them later... This means:

a) all others failed along with him in the 3 previous exams

Well this is not possible since there would be no point discriminating Naruto for failing thrice if all others have done so too

b) only he chose to give the exam and failed twice before all others gave the exam

I dont believe this either... Sasuke wants to surpass Itachi who graduated when he was 7... Why would Sasuke NOT give the exam? After all he surely could use Bunshin-no-Jutsu even some time ago

c) I dont have the slightest clue... Help me out.

As i said, sry if this has been posted before...

Tags:
  2. slumpy doesn't need a Custom title

i think it's a plot know jutsu. i always thought that naruto, was older, but the data book says not. so i realy don't know

3. Ulquiorra Schiffer Tsugi no mai: Hakuren

Naruto, being desperate for attention, took the test the first three opportunities he got...Whereas everyone else took the test when they had to. Sakura is the second oldest member of the Rookie 9(Shino being the oldest. Her birthday is March 28th making her 16 instead of 15 post time-skip). I think that you had the chance to take the exam whenever, but if you didn't take it by a certain time then you had to wait to take it at a designated time that was the same for everyone. The only people who would have taken the test before everone else would be Sasuke and Naruto. But I think that Sasuke didn't meet the deadline for it because of the Uchiha Massacre. Otherwise, he would have taken and passed ahead of time. Naruto didn't have to miss school for any set amount of time so he had the opportunity to take the test and fail three times.

But that's just my theory.

4. bearzerger Major Cliff Allister McLane

I always thought that you have more than one try to graduate academy. For example let's say the exam was on three different days and he tried it on every day but failed each time. Nothing else makes sense since there was a flashback somewhere that showed them at a younger age and even then they were already all together.

5. Nymphetamine Shinigami

this theory makes sense for all except for Sasuke... When the Uchiha tragedy happened he was 8... till 12 he had plenty of time dont you think? He should be eager to take the exam and proove his superiority to Itachi <_<

6. Raptor Vagabond

Well Naruto could have begun the academy young like Itachi or Kakashi, after all he needed some entertainment if he was alone all time don't u think?

7. Nymphetamine Shinigami

Quite possible but it doesnt quite convince me...

8. ShounenSuki Ruler of Penguins

I believe they take multiple exams. Like, one for each year of the Academy, or something ^^

9. Nymphetamine Shinigami

lol... i really dont think thats it :p ...

10. nekorose The world is quiet here

I second slumpy's theory, definately a plot no justu. It was probably just to distinguish Naruto's lack of intelligence.

11. L.O. Member

maybe if he passed the exam earlier, he would have be forced to stay in class, even as a genin, till his classmates would graduate as well.

12. shibigoku Master of the fist

L.O., Raptor can't be right cuz if he would have started school earlier he would have known Neji, Lee and Tenten.

There's only one academic answer to this, the 3 first exams were practice exams.

Other than that, it's a plot hole no jutsu.

13. Nymphetamine Shinigami

yeah... i tend to believe it too... He did so with Itachis age too after all...

14. Jotun Dyroness

A SS ranked jutsu only its creator, Kishimoto can use :D

15. Ulquiorra Schiffer Tsugi no mai: Hakuren

Your right. I forgot about the time that took place if you can belive that...LOL...Maybe Sasuke just stayed because he knew he wasn't powerful enough or because he didn't see anyone else of use graduating with him.

It really doesn't make sense for Naruto to have joined early because then he would have been in class with Neji and Lee. I don't know, maybe Sasuke did pass his exams early or maybe Sasuke joined late in the year Naruto failed three times?

16. Negative-Ion Life is BRUTAL!!

You should remeber that you can graduate from the academy practically at any age. Example, Kakashi, Itachi they both graduated at a young age. This means Naruto must have attempted to take the exams eariler than the others even when he didnt have any skills. You have to consider Naruto's ambition to surpass the Hokages and get some respect, so attempting to graduate from the academy at younger age by taking the exam whenever he could isnt so farfeched.

17. Nymphetamine Shinigami

:D no problem... hmm... you might be right for Sasuke although i tend to believe Plot Hole no jutsu is the fact...

18. CarolinaB Bianca dares you to cry.

You guys don't have recuperatoris exams in your countrys? In mine You take an examn, you fail, then you have a second chance and if you fail yet again and the proffesor is nice you have a thrid try, I alwas figure that Iruka gave Naruto 3 opportunitys, that's why all the other classmate where complanning, they took it several times cuz Naruto fail it each and every time, and Iruka was been a goodie.

19. TenshiOni Active Member

This is NOT a plothole - people aren't just reading the manga close enough.

As you can see, Naruto started his academy training two years before Kiba and all the others. It works out.

20. Nymphetamine Shinigami

Yup... i guess thats it then... ty TenshiOni

21. slumpy doesn't need a Custom title

22. Wrath Mourning

It's worth pointing out that we don't have any idea when Naruto took those exams. He might have done it three times in a week, or it might have been spread over six years. We just don't know. It might be something that's touched on later, or it might not be. But I wouldn't worry about it.

23. Alia_Atreides Mew...

Ah... Ok, so hes not a loser, people cant consider him that. You cant ask from a five years old the same abilities as a seven years old. In this age, two years are a world of difference. The teachers were wrong to ask him things like that, and its their fault that people called Naruto a loser. They were very wrong, and he was traumatized. Stupid school.

24. TenshiOni Active Member