1. Come enter in the KCC Pet Photo Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We are pleased to invite you to participate in the Naruto Battledome Banner Contest.

Dismiss Notice

Naruto's fighting style...

Discussion in 'House of Uzumaki Archives' started by grandmaster192, Oct 12, 2006.

1. grandmaster192 Advanced Genin

How would you describe it?

This is what I see in Naruto's fighting style:

from what I see Naruto is good with Ninjustu and has alot of Chakra. I would also say he's a really smart fighter. He seems to use a combination of good Ninjustu and alot of powerful Chakra. But what I like best about Naruto is how smart he is. He has shown us some great tactics in some of his fights. His use of that shadow clone thingy is pretty good and he has some really good strategy with that move. Naruto is a very talanted ninja in my opinion.

One thing Naruto is best at out of all the genin in my opinion is his ability to think ahead. Eh's is very talanted at thinking ahead and predicting what the person he's fighting is gonnna do. This is why I think Naruto uses that Shadow clone alot. to buy time and predict what the person he's fighting is gonna do. You can see in almost all of his fights it's his opening move. Naruto is not the idiot people say he is. He's probably the 2nd smartest genin. He also has a good number of moves he can use.

Naruto's weakness in my opinion is his close range fighting skills. This is the place I think he needs to work on the most. Naruto can get away with this when fighting someone lame like Sasuke.....but when he has to fight a good close range fighter like Neji, Lee, or Kiba he's gonna have trouble. From what I see he does the worst against close range fighters because he's not very skilled in this category. and his long range skills arn't really amazing so this IMO is a pretty big weakness. When he went against Neji (if I remember right) he didn't even get one hit on him at close range. He also had alot of trouble against Kiba and that bone dude both great close range fighters.

I would say Naruto is a really good ninja. He has shown alot of skill and a number of tactics. He has been able to fight and take down a number of strong fighters. The way he was able to kick Kabuto and Gaara's ass tells how strong this guy is. 2nd best genin IMO. I give him a 8/10 for a genin.

This is what I see from Naruto.........How would you describe his fighting style?

Tags:
  2. Chita in absentia

He's good at Ninjutsu. He's a good ninja, but he's a high-tempered. He's not a good planner, but strong. With Kagebunshin, i think he's good in close range battle.

3. naruhina26 Shino-tsu-hiko x Shino-to-be

Naruto= Endurance + Perserverance + Luck(sometimes) + Chakra + Determination

4. Naruto Jinchūriki Supporting Staff

couldnt put it any better, +rep.

5. dora ♥ teh dinosaurrr ,,

I also agree with naruhina26.

By the way, I don't know if I should be asking this here, but how to you give someone a rep?

6. Naruto Jinchūriki Supporting Staff

the middle button under the avatar of each user :) careful when repping tho.

7. grandmaster192 Advanced Genin

These are some of the things I disagree with. Naruto is a great planner. Most of his big wins are from him planning and thinking ahead....Like when he beat Kabuto and Neji two Jounin level ninja. You don't beat Jounin without planning. I would say planning is one of Naruto's strength. I also think melee combat is a weak point for Naruto. He may be powerful, but he's not really skilled at close combat in my opinion.

8. Jackal&Casull Hellsing Arms

Naruto is a dumbass. He doesn't hink ahead, he falls in traps, he can't dispell genjutsu, and is not a genious of any clan. Always going at targets with his useless shadow clones. The only reason why he can now summon things is because of the kyubi. However he did learn the rasengan which is a good move if used correctly. But since naruto is not a genious im beggining to think its a cheap move. Hopefully when the Akatsuki capture naruto and the kyubi is extracted, he will be NOTHING.

9. AuxunauxiaNoname 螺旋派侠客

What prevents Naruto from being a straight-out genius, as far as the typical definition of 'genius' goes... are only two things.

A) He's loud

B) He's impulsive

Naruto isn't smart, as in book smarts. But what he doesn't have in Shikamaru-type strategy making, he makes up for in pure cleverness.

Naruto's fighting style as I see it, is something like a mix between fox-style, and alley cat. The way he grew up no doubt forcibly made him into a somewhat of a street brawler. He lacks grace, but that's only because he was never taught that such a thing was particularly important. Survival is the key goal... or the accomplishment of an objective.

He doesn't make up strategies and plans. He sort of goes with the flow and has 'ahas' in the middle of battles and then acts accordingly.

Would you call it just luck? Or is it merely a part of his genius?

Even if it is merely luck, in asian-style literature, particularly when it comes to main characters with big hearts, the luck of a character somehow usually comes hand in hand with his/her morality. In a sense...

It's hard to explain without going into detail about asian philosophy, which isn't important to this topic really.

But suffice to say, Naruto's fighting style is a direct part of his character.

This is true for any character in the show really... but welp...

I'd say that Naruto's fighting style is somewhat of a street-brawler type taijutsu + ninjutsu with his shinning moments of 'aha's'.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2006
  10. Jackal&Casull Hellsing Arms

Naruto lacks talent. It was stated a thousand times and thats why hes not a genious. He cannot learn things properly or fast. But makes up with stamina and being stubborn. They pulled a plot no jutsu when he faught Neji. Same thing happend when Sakura and the old woman beat Sasori of the Red Sand, member of the akatsuki (they have high standards of who to let in). As I stated before Naruto has power because hes : a the main character and needs to succeed, b: he has kyubi.

11. Mintaka Well-Known Member

I agree with Auxunauxia on this one.........he's got the outright brawler kind of style mixed in with a bit a fox like shredness for coming up with a sneaky or outright unexpected strategy out of seemingly nowhere.

12. Saskue_Naruto Destined Hokage

The main thing that i think that naruto lacks his variety. His attacks are always the same thing over and over again. unlike other characters, he doesn't mix up stuff. His power and chakra is really good but if he was able to learn new jutsu...hehe...he would definately be a lot better. About his planning, he's actually really good. Unless he's just being stupid and runs into a battle head on..but of course that's just comic relief.

13. AuxunauxiaNoname 螺旋派侠客

Naruto can't learn things properly or fast?

Not properly? Sure.

But what's with this not learning fast stuff? He learns plenty fast.

How quickly did he learn the Shadow clone jutsu after completely sucking at that particular type of jutsu?

And do you conveniently forget how quickly he picked up the Rasengan?

Another thing about Naruto's way of fighting. Somehow, just by acting in the way that he does, it's brilliance.

The way he acts (like an idiot) makes people tend to underestimate him.

And it's pretty much in the shinobi handbook that you shouldn't underestimate your opponent before a battle. After all underestimation is something that has taken down empires.

It's such a great tactic. Really...

But wait! Naruto's not smart enough to think up of something like this right...?

Hehe... :wink

14. Marius 6th Hokage

Naruto is faster and have a lot of chakra when attacks...

15. LRSS A Rock Lee believer

He really isnt much of a planner. He mainly wings it. He doesnt use the shadow clones to think ahead...he uses them thinking numbers will win him it. As for seconds smartest....err....nah >.>

Also, i am like the biggest hater of sasuke....but he is not lame at taijutsu.....in the chunnin exam he had caught up to lees speed and he is f;n good at it....i think he is phenomenal at taijutsu. Close range is definetly not his best area.

When it comes down to it naruhina26 is right. He has all the things to keep going....he never really plans it out.

16. Orochix Thanks for being my friend^_^

Naruto fights with all his heart and might and he is one kid who will surpased every ninja.....

17. Marius 6th Hokage

yea ill think it too...

18. kuchiyoseNOjutsu Badass

He's definitely a brawler and a close combat type of fighter as some have posted. He's not particularly good in taijutsu but hits very hard, and he has a limited arsenal of ninjutsu, hopefully that will improve.
    As for the planning part, he does'nt plan ahead, as evidenced by his frontal attack, but he does find a way to surprise his enemies thru the simplest of tactics. It's so simple the enemies did'nt expect it, well they do underestimate him a lot that's why they're surprised in the end.

19. xeno5 Member

- well, as far as learning jutsus he's a complete dumbass and has no talent at all. However,what make him interesting is that he does find a way around his lack of talent. For example, he never really did master rasengan (with one hand that is) but uses a bunshin to complete it.

- naruto fighting style is really just recieving an ass kicking. 80% of the time naruto get his ass kicked, 15% he surprises the enemy with something clever and does some damage. and the last 5% naruto manages to catch with rasengan.

20. AuxunauxiaNoname 螺旋派侠客

To each his own type of genius...

A fighter who lacks talent must make up for it with something else.

For example Lee, who is commonly considered a baka, is a genius of hard work.

For Naruto, he's like the genius of 20 seconds. He thinks on his feet and comes up with brilliant tactics in the heat of the moment.

take one

his fight with Kiba. He turns into Akamaru, uses tactics to get Kiba to hit his own partner.

take two

faking defeat, and going up from under Neji knocking him out.

take three

when fighting kidoumaru he lets all his clones get caught in the web and at the last moment comes in from behind.

Saying that Naruto doesn't plan ahead, is probably true. But saying that he doesn't plan at all is not. And he doesn't always go for the frontal attack.

21. R_Lee86 Asshole

Naruto doesnt have a real fighting style, he rushes into battles using any technique he feels comfortable with. He mainly uses Kinjutsu for his Kage Bunshin no Jutsu, and Ninjutsu for his Rasengan. He really doesnt know much else.

22. Jackal&Casull Hellsing Arms

Neji attacked naruto with his chakra blockage thing. Naruto should not have moved. Plot no jutsu. Oh and hyuugas can see thru things. That fight was clearly in Nejis hands. And dont say he only had kyubi chakra left because after the fight he was jumping around and shit. AGAIN, his chakra passages were blocked. The only reason why Naruto could learn the rasengan was because he needed a new jutsu to match Sasuke's mighty chidori.