1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. img
    Dragon Ball Drawing Contest: Black & White Edition.
    Deadline is on August 30th at 11pm UTC
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto's getting boring

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Smexyman, Oct 8, 2006.

1. Smexyman

I sware... Naruto is getting VERY boring! Someone better die soon or someone better kill an akatsuki or introduce a new character or something or else it'll just go down the drain!!! Who's with me?

Tags:
  2. Sunuvmann

Well the fate of Asuma is up in the air.......

3. zrahl7

What pisses me off is that Naruto never shows up anymore. And now it seems like the story is repeating itself.

4. Purgatory

That's the manga, isn't it? He's talking about the 73 episodes of fillers. I thought a couple of them were good, but most of them were pointless, especially the ghost one and the haunted house. I'm getting sick of it too. Why don't they just do the Gaiden and then the damned time-skip? I really wanna see Neji when he's 15 damnit!

5. RockLee

Uhhh, we needed it to shift away from Naruto. We only saw Naruto and Co. for quite a while.

Introducing new characters is pointless when the older ones are left floundering with no further development. We just got two new Akatsuki's, one of whom the nature of his abilities are not fully explained, and the other we just got a glimpse of this powers.

Also, people in this manga rarely die. '_' I think you are reading the wrong manga, frankly. The manga's really entertaining thus far.

Edit: If he's talking about the anime then he shouldn't be here, he should be in the Konoha T.V. section.

6. Purgatory

7. argon

8. B

Just because the manga is titled 'Naruto' doesn't mean everything has to be about him. Theres other characters besides him that need screen time aswell. :notrust

9. Shiron

1. Naruto and Sasuke fight.
    2. Naruto looses.
    3. Naruto trains and gets stronger.
    4. Naruto and Sasuke fight again.
    5. Naruto looses again.
    6. Naruto trains to get stronger again.
    7. ???

It is kind of seeming repititious, when you look at it like this.

10. Naruko Supporting Staff

I love the series. Only thing boring to me are the hours of non-Naruto entertainment I must deal with between new chapter releases from Kishi (go Kishi go!).

If it's boring you, quit reading it for a while. Like...6months or so, and no peeking at the forums or watching the anime. Then come back and you'll have a tidy little backlog to check out and the action and development won't be so spaced out so it shouldn't be boring. :)

11. Purgatory

12. Superb Herb

He has to have been talking about the manga, because otherwise we all know what is going to happen in the anime after the fillers are over. And what more you want we got an atasuki fight going on right now.

13. Shiron

Since we're in the Konoha Library, I'd think so.

True. Doesn't change the fact that the Naruto vs. Sasuke plot is getting annoingly repetitious or that Hidan and Kakuzu should have finished Team Asuma ages ago, though.

14. Sorrow-Tear's Champion

Bringing back Sasuke would do a world of good for improving the story. Or at least it would end this fanboys suffering.

15. zrahl7

Actually I was referring to just the last like 4 or 5 chapters. Hidan does this move, Shikamaru figures out how to take him down and then he pulls off some other move. Most likely Shikamaru is gonna figure something else out and then Asuma will take him down again.

16. Shiron

Asuma better not being doing any taking down, with the shape he's going to be in next chapter. Stalling so that the others can get away is one thing, but actually taking down Kakuzu and Hidan? Kishi better not go down that road.

17. Vata

Shit happens when you make a 500 chapter manga :).

You can't really say Naruto sucks for the reasons Smex and some others here are stating, even if I agree with some of them. Of course you have ideas of how to make Naruto better but it is really supposed to be a child-friendly, "neverending" story.

Storywise I think Naruto is one of the best mangas of this kind out there. If you want more blood and death, go read Berserk. Myself I enjoy both in two different ways.

18. Shiron

I don't want blood and death. What I want is a good story that makes sense... which Naruto isn't delivering lately.

19. Vata

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. That was directed at the OP and some others, I just quoted you to make my point about the need to repeat themes and events in this kind of mangas, but I also think some change of situation between Sasuke and Naruto (Sasuke come back soon please).

I also have opinions about how to make Naruto better but killing sprees are not to be expected and if you want that you need to read another manga.

20. Pyroneko 28

Mountains of bodies don't make series better. Well done development, logical progression, and some plot twists do.

21. Delta Shell

Ugh. It's opinions like this that feed the filler writers minds. We greatly needed less attention on Team 7 in general. Also, you're greatly exaggerating by saying he "Never shows up anymore". Ridiculous, it's been a few chapters at most.

22. jonnyjjs13

Naruto is the number one manga as of now in Japan. It has even won awards for being one of the best manga's of all time. Some of it's volumes have won awards........in US it is the number one selling manga too.

The plot is great, i dont find many plot holes, and it is one of those few manga's where everythign can be explained.

The rasengan not being complete was real twist and seeing naruto finish it would be awesome. Kakashi got MS and everyone was surpised.......hidan became immortal.....The manga surely has a lot of suspense and is getting better week by week (imo)

23. Vata

Ok, I need some sleep cause I think I once again messed up and made it look like I was accusing Shiron of something. I can understand people thinking it lacks plot twists and logic. What I'm trying to say is that, considering my personal preferences, the story is going in the right direction, only a little too slow.

When we are talking repetativeness.. look at Bleach or One Piece, two similar mangas.

Now I need to get some sleep. Night all.

24. Shiron

First off, naruto is not the number one manga in Japan:

And yes, Kishimoto has won an award for Naruto... for new artists:

Link removed

I haven't seen any evidence of Naruto winning awards other than that one.

One Piece (which I'm using as an example), on the other hand, has in addition to many more sales than Nauto, one more award. Oda has also received the Hop Step award for new artists and in addition to that has received the Tezuka award:
    Link removed

And One Piece probably would be selling better than Naruto here in the States too, if it wasn't for that shitty dub that it got. It also would have been just as popular as Naruto here on the net if it wasn't for this:

And even if this wasn't the case, the plot still annoys me:

First off, there's the whole repetitve Sasuke/Naruto thing, as I already said. Then there's the Sasori fight. Sasori could have killed Sakura by just using Satetsu Kaihou (Iron Sand World Order) on her until he died. Instead what did he do? He basically threw the Sandaime Kazekage puppet at her, idioically.

Same thing with this Hidan and Kakuzu fight. Remember back where Hidan was asking Kakuzu to just stay out of it? If he hadn't, Team Asuma would have been defeated and Shikamaru wouldn't have been able to figure out Hidan's jutsu. Kishimoto just overpowers the villains and then resorts to downwriting/character-induced-stupidity for them to be beaten.

After that, there was the whole pointing out of Sasori's obvious weak point durring the Sasori fight and the more recent praising of Shikamaru for pointing out the obvious about Hidan's jutsu.

Finally, there's Kishimoto's bad habbit of not letting things reach a climax (durring the Sasuke vs. Naruto VotE fight, he loaded the thing full of flashbacks, so a true climax couldn't be reached. Same with Naruto's recent elemental training, even, with the whole pointless and needless ramen eating scene).

Sorry, that's not what I call a great manga. It might be what you call one, but not me. True, maybe most shonen mangas are like this. I guess that would mean that I'm just growing out of these retarded, predictable plotlines then.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2006
  25. PainKiller

Yeah you have a definate point there. Naruto seems to be losing it's edge and captivation on the reader's lately. Villains hardly seem to pose a threat, and it's finally a great thing that they steer the attention away from Team 7, as there seems to be alot of focus on Naruto most of the past chapters, and episode even. The Naruto manga seriously got to pick up some action, as it is going pretty slow as of now.

26. Dr.Douchebag

the reason some people find it boring is because kishi has to introduce all of akatsuki hence two arcs about them capturing bijuu
    thats the reason why people are saying its getting repetitive but wait for it my friends i think its 2-3 arcs till intro of AL imo

27. ♠Mr.Nibbles♠

That is true in every way. The series is still developing Hidan and kakuzu now and at the same time keeping the suspense by dragging out this fight.

28. Hell On Earth

I only got hooked onto Naruto after all the new genins were introduced at the Chuunin Exam

30. funumuh

The main problems people seem to have with part 2 are:

-Naruto's development over 2.5 years were dissappointing. Yes, Naruto has improved, but his developments are more subtle and nowhere near as amazing as the improvements he made in part one. As opposed to taking his abilities in a whole new direction, or expanding his capabilities into something more unique, his improvements seem to consist of:
    • SPEED-no surprise
    • MORE STRATEGY- no surprise
    • ODAMA RASENGAN-more of the same.
    • KN4-self destructive. Impossible to control. Has yet to prove helpful.
    • SUMMONING A WEAPON-The weapon proved no more useful then an ordinary kunai.
    • NEW PERVERTED JUTSU-(probably)Not helpful in battle.
    • "THAT JUTSU"-won't be impressive till we see it.

-Things happen, yet nothing happens. In other words, very little has happend in part 2 that have any sense of progression or development.(story or character) Sasori dies, and he is replaced immediately after. Gaara dies, and is brought back to life. Just about every fight was inconclusive. We also had to watch a surprising amount of moments that bordered on filler territory. (Ramen chefs, Seeing Sakura cry...again, etc. ) While each event individually isn't bad, collectively it becomes annoying. Kishi seems to be stalling like crazy. Part 1 seemed more interwoven and cohesive, with much more conclusive arcs. While part 2 seems more like almost 10 volumes of buildup.

-Not enough focus on X character. This one's pretty self explanitory. It would of been nice if Kishi could have replaced some of those filler moments with more development of the lesser seen characters.

I have to say that in general, I agree. I still love the series and everything. In fact, Naruto still remains among my favorite mangas, but it seems that part 2 has had a decline in quality story-wise.