1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto's (Next) Chunin Exam

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Narutonewb, Oct 22, 2006.

1. Narutonewb

So, who thinks he will at least become a Chunin at the end of the Manga? I mean between fighting Oro and Aktasuki you think he will get another chance? Also, how about his team? He would need a completly new team! Sai is Anbu which means he is at least a Chunin. So are his chances bleak or will he finnaly become a Chunin?

Tags:
  2. 1134

He'll get there eventually but right now Akatsuki is their top priority.

3. Cantankerous

It'd be insane to put him in the chuunin exam, he'll just get promoted to jounin, hokage, or die.

4. Narutonewb

You make no sense, they don't even acknoledge his power, and you think he could jump 3 Ranks? Even I could tell you thats flawed.

5. jyu12

that would just be funny to see though, during the matches he would just pwn everyone with rasengan or just summon gamabunta. Most likely he won't be chunnin. I think he would be promoted straight to jounin level.

6. Ghost05

I don't think Naruto will need to take the exams to become chuunin. I think he'll blow away the competition anyway.

7. Narutonewb

At least you makes sense, even more ironic, if he got paired with Konohamaru. I doubt the village will even consider a Genin to become Hokage though.

8. Cantankerous

Yeah the village really doesn't acknoledge his power, yet Kakashi regarded him as his equal as a ninja, Yamato part of Anbu has seen him in KN4, Tsunade the Hokage is aware of what he can do, Jiraiya the pick before Tsunade trained him and also knows what he can do, Orochimaru is aware of what Naruto can do, and not to mention he's preparing to fight Akatsuki.

But yeah, the village doesn't awknowledge his power. You don't make any sense. Putting Naruto to be trained by his own peers, and put through the chuunin exam which he'll obviously win since he is low jounin level.

9. Kiyoshi

Naruto remaining a Genin for the entire series, if you forget how corny that might sound compared to the Shonen traditional style, would echo back to his promise in the first test. Even if he was stuck as a genin forever he would find his own way to become Hokage. It would be like Naruto to finish off the final villian, no matter who that person is (honestly, it might be so far off that it is that little girl who hangs out with Konohamaru possessed by Orochimaru's half brother possessed by Yondaime for all we know currently), still as a genin in title.

Remember, Jiraiya and Sandaime both thought highly of Naruto in the Chuunin exam. People didn't ever acknowledged he existed till the Neji fight. A few key people in power goes a long way, but we never see the average people's reactions. If the Akatsuki's plan is spreading to them they might be gadly ready to give up Naruto to spare the village. Keep in mind they will have the people you mentioned to go through first.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2006
  10. Narutonewb

Which means, he should take it again, because he will have no trouble and No Neji or Gaara to worry about.

11. Megaharrison Retired Staff

There are more important plot issues to deal with then to have Kishimoto waste our time by giving Naruto some title.

12. SumDumGai

I'd really, really like to see Tsunade call Naruto to a meeting and promote him automatically to Chuunin or even Jounin in the not too distant future. It would be a really great way for Naruto to really see the recognation of Konoha. But it just shows Naruto's character that he isn't focused on his Ninja rank but he has his priorities set. Also, it is very like his character to be underestimated and ranked much lower than he really is.

13. Cantankerous

Yeah the neji fight is when his recognition takes off. We never really see the reaction of the village at all, I'd assume the village knows when what happens regarding the ninjas also.

Thats only assuming Akatsuki would be able to take all of Konoha out and take control. If they really wanted Naruto that bad, I think they'd make it top priority, but it seems he's only a tin bit more important than any jin, just because he'll be the hardest to get.

So he should take it again because it'll be easier? That way he can ruin the chance for the new genin with talent of possibly becomming chuunin. Your name narutonewb is so true.

14. Saigon

Naruto wil most likely be promoted to chuunin or jounin level by tsunande while he defends the villiage again or defeats an Akastuki member or something to that ends

15. Narutonewb

Why do you think I chose it? I know that I have piss poor Naruto IQ. Also, why not? I mean if that Genin loses the first round but shows all his great skills or a double fight he still could become a Chunin.

16. Kiyoshi

Honestly I could care less what he does with Naruto's status, but the chunin exam would lack importance if Naruto became anything other than a direct jump to Hokage. It would be a signal to every country that your favorite nin could fail the test all of us agreed to give for the judging if they could become more than canon fodder but you could just ignore that. So Naruto can't just become a Chunin and without the Chunin title it hasn't been clearly stated if you can become Jounin. This is title wise, we have already seen Naruto is nearing this level without official title-hood.

Reasons why there shouldn't be: What I stated above, and what has been said about saving space in the manga.

Reasons why there should be another chunin exam: Because it is the rules. Odds are Kishi won't just drop us into the same identical test. It'll be in another country. Perhaps in a country they need to scout out or know the Akatsuki are heading towards. Maybe it'll be a mirror of the previous one, only this time Naruto will be the Gaara to this Jinchuriki. We have been seeing Naruto losing some control. A fight in a "Forest of Death" facing down some Jinchuriki capable of holding his/her own against 4 tails in some manner might bring him back to full sanity.

17. Seelas

I recall reading (though I'm not entirely sure) that the chuunin exam was peacetime phenomenon. There was no fighting to be done, but ninjas still needed motivation to progress and some way to recognize their accomplishments - they didn't want to wait until war to start sorting out the ranks. Additionally, it allowed each country to demonstrate their strength, acting as a system of deterrence for war.

During war, ranks were adjusted on the fly as needed. I think that's how Kakashi got his promotion to Jounin. And Konoha is definitely at war with the Akatsuki now - if they weren't already, Tsunade's formation of the new division is evidence enough that they are now.

But don't quote me on this, it's all from an admittedly fuzzy memory and I have no primary source to back it up.

18. SumDumGai

You can't forget that we've seen Naruto show a 150% depressed look on his face the two times Shikamaru brought up the Chuunin exams in part 2. He does care deeply about not being recognized as a higher than Genin-level ninja. This is Naruto's character, just how he was awe-struck and extra motivated when Kakashi told him that he believed Naruto would surpass the Yondaime. However, the issue with Sasuke is much more important to him. It's wrong to say that being a Chuunin doesn't matter to him because it obviously very much does, but he just has a different huge ambition on his shoulders at the moment.

19. Narutonewb

How did he get promoted to Jounin? It kind of just happened. Is there a Jounin exam? Also, you kind of suppory my theroy, you said ranks were changed on the Fly right? Which means now that they have the time to look over his skills he should give it one more try.

20. Cantankerous

How can he become a chuunin if he gets his ass kicked in the first second? You think Konohanamaru(sp) can even land a punch on Naruto?
    You must remember the Chuunin test is to see the strength of the other countries power, and potential of their genin. They aren't there to see Kakashi, Gai, or Anko fight, the genin are who the want to see. They've seen Naruto, and they know Naruto skills. Not to mention if he did take place in the chuunin exam, one of the Kages(Garra) who he defeated in the very event, would be watching him.

21. hiko

It makes no sense for Naruto to achieve any ninja rank other than Hokage. Naruto is a ninja who follows his own Ninja Way, which almost certainly goes against the prerequisites needed to become a Chuunin and Jounin.

22. Cantankerous

I nearly 99% sure Narutos whole philosopy as a Ninja doesnt' go against the village in ANY way. If anything, Naruto has as much dedication to the village as the Hokage, for despite his treatment and the things he's gone through as an outcast, he still remains loyal.

23. son_michael

Naruto would completley dominate all his opponents in the next Chuunin exam and it would be with minimal effore..Naruto is at the level of Jounin even without kyuubi...Tsunade WILL promote him to Jounin{most likely after akatsuki threat}...mark my words

24. kyuubiman

I hope that he fights in the Chonin exams, I want to see him own someones ass for once.

25. Guardsman Bass

There are almost certainly other ways to climb ranks rather than the exam (remember that it was actually the Hokage who made Shikamaru a chuunin, for example; the judges merely recommended him for the rank). If Naruto goes up in rank at all, it'll probably be to skip chuunin and go straight to Jonin.

26. warrior1000

i think naruto will take the chuunin exam but in another village, remember that the chuunin exam is a show of a villages power, so stronger the better. Naruto will go to a chuunin exam in a different village to show how strong the leaf is, and thats is where we might truly see naruto's growth. It wouldn't be kishiish if Naruto had it easy in the chuunin exam.

Another scenerio the sand or some other village highers naruto as a mission to particpate in the chuiunin exam to see if there is no trouble, as naruto has to become a chuunin it would be perfact. Naruto will not have an easy time either way in the chuunin exam.

27. Mider T

Flag:
    United States

He is too strong to become a Chunin. But it raises the question, who would have won between 13 year old Obito and 13 year Naruto?

28. lazer85

A- Naruto is a story, you guys are trying to figure out what will happen as if it were real life. How the hell is kishi going to make decent chapters about an exam in the middle of akatsuki attacking, or even afterwards.

B-The manga is 65% or so done. There are only so many chapters left, do you remember how long the exams took in part I? There are 9 members of akatsuki and orochimaru and sasuke to deal with as well as a bunch of questions to be answered.

C- I don't think Naruto is worried about his rank right now, I think he's as sure as we are that he's a lot more powerful and capable than even the best Chuunin.

29. Dark Uchiha

i think he will be promoted to jounin, cause there is so much shit going on in naruto, i dont see him going through a exam process unless it gets skipped i.e *3months later.... congradulations on becoming a chunnin"

30. Narutonewb

That makes sense, also I just realized Gaara was a Genin who went straight to Kazekage.