1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice

3. Voting for the Contest Central Drawing Contest is live!
    Entries can be found here and the voting threads can be found here and here.
    Voting ends on Sunday, June the 30th!
    Dismiss Notice

4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Drinks!
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto's Rasengan Method?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Christen, Nov 16, 2005.

Can Naruto do Rasengan with just one hand?

1. Yes

75 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. No

15 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. Christen Itachi's trouble

Do you think he can form rasengan with no bunshin now?

Why you might say yes:
    In his fight with Itachi, Naruto lunges at him with a Rasengan already formed in hand. No bunshins in sight.

Why you might say no:
    In his fight with Deidara, Naruto lunges at him with a bunshin.

My thoughts are, Naruto can perform rasengan with just one hand. He did train for 2.5 years and his chakra control would have improved. If Naruto uses a kage bunshin to do a rasengan, it would logically be faster and easier to do (instead of control your chakra to randomly spiral, you use a bunshin to randomize the spiral). Besides, a kage bunshin would helpful during the attack.

Tags:
  2. TheoDerek Rise Against

I think its like you said, Naruto only uses the Bunshin for speed and efficiency.

3. UnderGroundJunkie_UGJ AnimeJunkie of the UnderGround

Yea training for 2 and ha;f years he has to be able to. I bet he's got a couple of other tricks he can use also. That jutsu Jiraya was talking about. I WANT TO SEE THAT JUTSU DONT YOU! O and off topic question when does 284 come out ANY1 ANY1. Dont ya'll jump at the question all at once.

4. Christen Itachi's trouble

So far "that" jutsu proved to be just Naruto releasing uber kyuubi.

We can only assume this until newer chapters arrive.

5. TheoDerek Rise Against

New chapters come out on Thursday, that would be tomorrow. :tem

6. Spunkey Crackhead

Cant wait for the next chapter

7. Christen Itachi's trouble

I can't see why Jiraiya would prevent Naruto from using Hiraishin so it isn't that.

And if Naruto gained Hiraishin this early, he would be overkill and the series would be destroyed.

8. blazingshadow True Wind Rune

nope. he still doesn't have good control over his chakra. his training with ero sennin is not about chakra control but about overpowering your opponent as fast as you can. that is naruto's specialty especially when he can call kyubi chakra at will. he probably learned some uber chakra consuming super jutsus that can beat anyone up close or in medium range. i also believe his kage bunshins strategy improvement is naruto's own training by himself without jiraiya's help.

9. Chamcham Trigger 光翼型近接支援残酷戦闘機“エヴァッカニア・ドゥーム

Someone told me that he should be able to do the rassengan with only one hand now. I forgot who it was, but they also told me that he only needs a bunshin for the Oodama rassengan....oh yeah that's it, it's in the Oodama rassengan fc, that's where I got that info from.

10. Wrath Mourning

No, that's not "that jutsu". How do we know? Because there was no cliffhanger with Naruto saying "I have to use... that jutsu!!"

That will always, always happen. Hell, both Kakashi and Sasori did it in the same arc.

11. zagman505 Shakou, Hitsuki!

i say that he can do it himself, and uses a kage bunshin because its faster and more natural for him.

12. Wrath Mourning

Well, regardless of whether he can do it on his own or not, he can definitely do it much more easily than before. Preskip Naruto had to use a Kage Bunshin and move two hands around like crazy. Now the maximum requirements are just one hand and one KB, and he still might be able to do it on his own.

It actually stands somewhat to reason that even if he can't do it in one hand that he could do it with two and no KB, rather than one hand from him and one from the clone.

13. Last of the Uchihas Get your own girls, Jonas!

Nope, he still can't as shown in the manga.

he still needs a clone.

14. deathblaze Alchemy Save the Queen!

naruto using one hand to do ransengan takes away the unique portion of him...

15. CJ32X Member

releasing all nine tails or a number of tails is not a jutsu is just a thing naruto can do, think as each tail as lvls, so far lvl 3 as weve seen, norm naruto, 1 tail, 2 tail, and its like the cursed seal, its not a jutsu, it is a controled, releaser or something, like gates, you can open them but only because your able to only gates strain your body for naurto who know if he can change forms anytime he wants to. so that jutsu your talking about is still not shown, but im thinking its like a rasengan, like a whirlwind tornado of chakra with razor edges or somethign heheh.

16. Gunners .

Yeh he probably can do it one hand, the fact he done it in the genjutsu shows that he knows he can other wise he would have imaged a bunshin.

17. shibigoku Master of the fist

Naruto can do rasengan before the time skip. Pay more attention to the manga:
    he did it against sasuke with one hand.

edit: guess I'll have to put a pic:

18. YamiNaruto Jinchuuriki

yeah that was from the kyuubi energy, i think it means plainly

19. blazingshadow True Wind Rune

he still can't do it on his own. he needed help from kyuubi to do that one (he instantly knows how to do many jutsus he didn't knew before when in KN mode) but in normal mode he can't do it.

20. SLEDGE G0t MiLk?

i think naruto can do rasengan alone, but his kb's needs other kb's to help making a rasengan
    since we saw 2kb's jumping after dedereia and making a rasengan( dont remember how it he's name was spelled.sry) and then "the REAL" naruto sucker punched him later, and then while pwnding him on the ground naruto used one hand to use the rasengan (at least that is only what we saw :p )

21. ycavan Member

Naruto is able to perform Rasengan single-handedly, but when Naruto is in the midst of battle-frenzy, he uses KB. Why? because that's how he ORIGINALLY learned it. Most fighters go back to the way s/he learned to do something when fighting instinctively.

22. sayam lurker

if he couldn't it would be very dissapointing. But come to think about it, naruto hasn't really shown that much to prove that he actually been training the last 2.5 years, most of his moves have been pretty dissapointing.
    well F***, even sakura has shown more progress then him.

23. DKFize RaijinKen

24. Archer Great Teacher Onizuka

to answer your question, yes. he even did it pre time skip vs sasuke. in kyuubi (1 tail?) mode. anyone who answered no to this is an idiot or obviously doesnt pay attention to either the manga or to what ppl actually posted/wrote.

the other point of whether he can do it w/o kyuubi is unclear, but as was stated b4, he was able to perform a one-handed rasengan in non-kyuubi mode while in itachi's genjutsu, so my money would be on him being able to do it.

25. Christen Itachi's trouble

Well, if I can use Rasengan with one hand, I'd still use my bunshins:

1. It's faster and easier
    2. A secondary or preparatory attack is possible.

26. CJ32X Member

you really havent read the thread huh, they showed the pic and everything, they think he means plainly without a clone or ku-b energy. you know like jiraya or the fourth

27. Dj^1337 Berserker

i think naruto can do the rasengan white one hand. we can see it when he fights itachi.

28. Yak on a Forums Break

He should be able to do it with one hand. Using the kagebunshins may have different reasons. As some said, because that's how he originally learned it and it is probably still the most comfortable and easiest way for him to channel his chakra. Thus he still might be faster with creating bunshins first than doing the Rasengan one-handed. Maybe it has to do with his concentration in general, too. That depends on the situation.

Naruto gets worked up pretty easily in part two. He's losing his calm and probably lacks concentration when he's very angry. The clones help him getting more concentration. Plus, in the Deidara fight he was clever and used them both for the Rasengan and for a set-up to save Gaara for once and simultaneously attack Deidara with 4 clones (for each limb) and thus rendered him immobile to strike him down with the Rasengan, if I remember correctly. Unfortunately it was just a clay bunshin Deidara but that's not important. He CAN do it with one hand.

29. norul3z Hyuuga Neiji

i think now im getting love naruto more than 1st time i watch naruto =P

30. 4th's Legacy Assistant Ramen Chef

I'm not convinced he can do Rasengan w/out a KB or goin KN1. I know when he fights Itachi/clone he does a Rasengan with no apparent KB, but that could just be not seen or waste of panel space to show him using a KB. In battles against Deidara and later Kabuto he uses a KB to create a Rasengan. That shows me he still needs a KB for Rasengan more than anything since those where his most recent battles since the Itachi/clone battle.

I'm hoping with his TKB training he may complete his uber wind jutsu but also improve his chakra control to actualy complete a one handed Rasengan. I imagine 1000 KB's trying to form a one handed Rasengan would take no time at all due to his prior experience in the jutsu. I am a big fan of him being able use Rasengan one handed, to me using a KB to form it seems cheap. Using a KB just reminds me that he needed a shortcut to complete a jutsu and thus highlights one of his glaring weaknesses "chakra control".