1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. img
    Dragon Ball Drawing Contest: Black & White Edition.
    Deadline is on August 30th at 11pm UTC
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto's swords?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Logerond, Oct 10, 2006.

1. Logerond

We know Sasuke has a chidori powered sword, which will give him an edge in taijutsu. And it's pretty obvious there will be a big Sasuke-Naruto showdown in the future. And now it seems that maybe Asuma is going to die.

So what if Naruto inherits Asumas chakra blades, as we've seen Asuma used chakra to give them the length of a real sword. And as the only other wind user in Konoha (not 100% sure about this though), isn't it a big probability that Asuma will give him his blades? "You have the potential to be the greatest ninja ever" or something about those lines?

So what do you think about this?

(and if something similar is posted before I apologize, I'm having some problems with my search function)

Tags:
  2. Genesis

Yeah, it's possible. Though i only see it happening if Asuma surivives for some odd reason.

3. Futagokage

Sound really cool, Asuma's Knives are one of my favorite weapons, and would give some different flavor to the battle, lets wait and see.

4. B.o.t.i

Could happen ,but would be lame its already been used.
    But naruto seems to be versatile or he's drawn to be versatile he can rock anything & look good I have seen offical pics of him with swords,axes,scrolls etc he's very versatile.

It could happen lets see.

5. sayam

I'm all for naruto with chakra-knuckle-knives.

BUT! it would also be cool to hear him say

-A material blade is meant to be stopped, but a blade of the wind can't be stopped by anybody

6. SuperTyphoon

7. rocklee101

i think that asuma aint gonna die but hes gonna be seriously injured and say something to naruto like "i have no more use for these blades you take them and become a great ninja" or something like that

8. opie

nah, naruto's close combat is based on rasengan, and if he has blades on his hand he won't be just like: "wait a second, let me just put my sword in it's case so i can rasengan you" during battle..

9. Ben Dover

I see asuma offering naruto the blades and naruto turning him down. I like the knuckle knives and they are probably the coolest weapon in the series but naruto can't use something already used by asuma. Maybe something used by yondaime or some other legendary nin but not asuma.

10. superfurrykel

It would be cool, but I think it would be better to see Naruto use his own style weapon. It would also be cool if he can do rasengan without using a clone, then maybe do rasengan in both hands....

11. Refused

maybe he could use only one of them, allowing him to use rasengan still. that is if naruto can now use rasengan with one hand.. i think it would be cool if naruto developed some way to use wind as a sword, like sasuke's "sword" is chidori, maybe the wind rasengan could have something more similar to a sword or something. wel anywya, i think naruto would be cool with asumas knives.

12. Black Mage

I'de rather see Asuma die and be buried with them then him giving them to Naruto

instead I'de rather see Naruto get that BIG SHELL....LOL
    j/k I'de rather have him find a cool sword and put his wind chakra into it

(Has to be Sword vs. Sword, not Sword vs. 2 lil Knives, and then they fight with the swords and they both lose them and then they power up and do Rasengan vs. Chidori, Sasuke at CS3 and Naruto at KN4 [but him actually controlling it, not the Kyuubi] but this time someone dies)

13. Zaru Retired Staff

Asuma should have used his full length chakra sword when he fought Kisame. Kisame's head would have been cut off -_-

But anyway. A swordfight showdown would be kinda odd. Cool of course, but those guys are ninjas. What point is there in powered up rasengan/chidori, numerous "that jutsu"s and all that if they "just" fight with swords?

14. superfurrykel

I think the reason why Naruto is trying to combine wind with Rasengan is to match Sasuke's chidori sword....

15. Black Mage

The only way the wind combined with Rasengan would match Sasukes sword is if became some kind of Rasengan/Wind Sword where if you touch the sword it knocks you back like a Rasengan hit you

The main reason I think Naruto is trying hard to do it is because
    the rasengan is a powerful jutsu and to make it complete with the wind element would just make some crazy S-Class jutsu that could take out Akatsuki and Orochimaru in 1-hit

16. Batninja

Wait a sec, Rock lee did it to take his meds fighting the bone guy. It can be done.

17. kithicdame

umm guys...correct me if im wrong...but i am really sure on one of the manga covers naruto was holding a dagger just like kakashi's one...you know the one he inherited from his father...the rock ninja called it a chakra blade as well i think...maybe kakashi will be the one providing naruto with a weapon to rival sasuke's one...ive been looking for that cover page now but i could not find it...

18. The Fourth Hokage

there's nothing special about them so it would be a waste of time. Naruto is a bare handed, ninjutsu type (his focus has always been on cool jutsus). Toss those blades away with the body.

19. superfurrykel

Thats what I agree on, You dont have to use Rasengan just to hit someones body, Naruto has so much charka he can probably use Rasengan repeatedly.
    If he learns to cast it quick enough using one handed I bet it can be used for both attack and defense.
    I dont think a weapon would suit Naruto's character

20. Black Mage

IF Naruto and Sasuke were fighting one on one

I don't think Sasuke would use the sword because of the history the both of them have

(And on top of that Sasuke's cocky and he's probably really confident in his abilities so he wouldn't need it, unless of course that KN4/5 comes out and is hella strong)

21. kithicdame

you may be right but sasuke is using sword now so it is possible for naruto to have one as well...

22. TheoDerek

Naruto better have somthing to counter Sasuke's Kusanagi or PnJ will have to be his best friend.

23. superfurrykel

Lets hope he breaks it with a powerful wind Rasengan :amuse

24. Angel Haiku

Yeah, it's possible.Though the only way for that to happen is if Asuma actually dies.If he survives in some strange way maybe he will lend them to Naruto to help him out in his fight with Sasuke.

25. Superb Herb

Naruto is not going to go KN4 in the next battle they have. Have you not been reading the manga he will probably use wind rasengan and other wind jutsus mainly.

26. Sai_What

^ I kinda agree...Sasuke's cocky, he probably wouldn't start out with it. Also, Asuma's chakra knife things aren't that special. The chidori powered sword would probably destroy them...
    If it came down to it, a sword fight would be really lame. Just put them back on that waterfall of doom and Kishi can practically just splice parts of Lord of the Rings together instead of animating it. Just edit Legolas into a orange jumpsuit and your set.

27. sven-da-man

when asuma takes his last breath he tells shika that the king they have to protect isnt hokage-sama but Naruto.And because he failed this time. He wants shikamaru to give his weapons to naruto, cause these might be able to protect him in the future.

28. kithicdame

hey sven ur the the first one i saw in this forum to have an idea that naruto is the one that they should be protecting...when i read the chapter where shika and asuma was talking about the sacrifice thing i thought he was refereing to naruto too...but then i read a couple of threads indicating that asuma is the one...so its kind of refreshing to know someone saw it this way as well...

anyway i still think it could be kakshi's blade naruto is going to use...we'll have to wait and see then...

29. Franckie

Would be more badass if Naruto uses his bare hands imbued with wind chakra to slice whatever weapon his opponents are using.

30. kithicdame

yeah it could be cool too...but wouldn't it be awkward for him to use the ransengan as his weapon when sasuke is at ease at slashing and moving all the time?