1. It's Time to Duel! Welcome to the NF Yu-Gi-Oh! Grand Championships. This tournament will span across 4 sections:
    Akihabara Lounge| Mafia | OBD |The Alley
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

5. BoOooOo!

Come one, come all to the wondrously eerie Pumpkin Patch! Perform tasks and challenges each day to stock up on the mystical Pumpkin Coins and use them to exchange for grand forum prizes! Don't miss out on this once in a lifetime opportunity, don't fear that which lies beneath the surface!

Schedule:
    Signups; October 10th - 15th
    Tasks and Challenges; October 15th - 29th
    Pumpkin Picking; October 30th - 31st
    Dismiss Notice

6. A blank contract written with magical ink?! Check out our Spooktacular Trick or Treat Event.
    Dismiss Notice

NBA Thread: We're all casuals.

Discussion in 'National Basketball Association Edition' started by Reznor, Mar 1, 2016.

1. SoulTaker The Ever Living

Kind of off-topic but who you guys got in NF's Pippen vs Dunc'd On's Kawhi?

2. Ghost_of_Gashir Mider T's mom's a hoe

Russia, Colombia
    NF's Pippen held the entire Lakers team scoreless for the entire 1991 NBA finals and guarded Magic so intensely, he was probably the reason he got HIV.

3. Ghost_of_Gashir Mider T's mom's a hoe

Russia, Colombia
    Robert Parish shitting all over Brad Stevens. :lmao

4. afgpride Retired Staff

Robert Parish thinks winning a championship with Curry, Thompson, Green and Durant is more praiseworthy than making the Finals with Marcus Smart.

5. Ghost_of_Gashir Mider T's mom's a hoe

Russia, Colombia
    Having to win a title with that beta Durant is about the same as winning the title with your top two stars out and getting the jinx praise from Choco.

6. SoulTaker The Ever Living

Tbf Marc Jackson never played Curry, Thompson, Green, and Iggy together, but I agree with the sentiment. Dude is obviously an elite coach who can get top percentile performance from his players whether it's through his own ingenuity or staffing. It's not like he's sending out a team anchored by a top 10 player, shit maybe not even top 15-20.

7. afgpride Retired Staff

Kerr is a genius for turning the right knobs and implementing the perfect system for Golden State pre-Durant, but I would be legitimately surprised if he'd get this Celtics team out of the 2nd round.

8. SoulTaker The Ever Living

That's a fair point because Stevens seems to have coached up his guys to be more disciplined and respond based on scenarios like a chess master whereas Kerr is more about guys just doing what they're good at and blending those talents together.

Personally I think Stevens is a generational talent as a coach and idgaf if that's fanboy-ish. Considering the CoY ballots I don't think he's as overrated as Parrish is saying.

9. Mυgen The Dancing Samurai

Yeah at this point I think about any coach could get a championship with this Warriors team :smoke

10. SoulTaker The Ever Living

Any coach that couldn't win a chip with that squad would be pretty WOAT-tier so I think you're right. There are definitely some names you could throw out but they're actually awful coaches. When I say that I'm thinking like Sam Mitchell, Jason Kidd, McHale, Mo Cheeks, Scott Skiles tier.

11. afgpride Retired Staff

Let's not forget the Warriors lost to the Cavs in the finals after winning 73 games, and that was under Kerr's watch. Steph wasn't at 100%, Iggy wasn't either, and Barnes shat the bed, and Draymond was suspended for a key game, and that was still the biggest choke job in recent finals history. To Kerr's credit, they would've have been a behemoth without the culture/system he set for them the previous year, and he was extremely under the weather.

12. SoulTaker The Ever Living

I really think that the Draymond suspension swung the series. To me that's kind of the only thing that Kerr couldn't mitigate or was so far out his control it's unavoidable. I've always looked more favorably on that season than most in here though and it's why I never penalized them, in my mind, for the injuries either but I accept that others will make the counterpoint that's the nature of season to post season grind, albeit we're talking about a wet spot on the court causing a fall and subsequent injury as well.

To Lebron's credit if he was even 1% less than what he was then they really are needing Kyrie to hero ball them to a chip.

I actually think the last 2 season are more of an indictment on Kerr than that Finals because of how lazy the Warriors can be for stretches of games. They fuck around way too much and play with more talent than discipline too much for my liking.

I think putting Stevens in that scenario instead of Kerr would be a fun as hell thought experiment though.

13. Parallax Never For Ever Advisor

Mexico
    Well now that they have the system in place of course

14. Kuya God of the 5th Dimension

People always forget that Bogut got injured and was out the series too and he was the one primarily being a nuisance for LBJ and Kyrie driving to the rim. He blocked 5 shots in Game 2 and was still an elite defender for us. After Bogut got injured in game 4 or 5, is when Cavs started to pull away for that win.

A lot of things fell right for the Cavs during that series, including LBJ advocating for Green to be suspended.

15. Chocochip COOKIE

Green should have been 100% suspended for Game 5 in the OKC series after already avoiding Game 4 suspension.

16. Kuya God of the 5th Dimension

But yeah put all of those ingredients together of handicapped Steph, handicapped Iguodala, suspended Green and no Bogut... you have to rely on Harrison Barnes and a younger and less efficient Klay to finish the series. Loss is still embarassing, but stuff started falling right for Cleveland.

17. Chocochip COOKIE

Not really, dude kicked somebody again then tripped somebody. Fucking joke job of NBA to put GSW in finals at all vodt only to get humbled hard. KD wouldnt make the bitch move and we could have gotten a better finals out of it. Shoutout to Klay for game 6 though and curry for game 7.

18. Kuya God of the 5th Dimension

it was all planned by the NBA to give LBJ a 3rd ring

19. The Kamal Haasan Crazy Hour Well-Known Member

Wasn't Bogut also hurt?

20. Mider T VM Rapist

21. Ghost_of_Gashir Mider T's mom's a hoe

Russia, Colombia
    Hey guys, don't forget that Green was suspended. :LOS

22. Dean Ambrose Forums Vacation

kinda like it was planned for GSW to get KD and thus fuck over the NBA in general :bury

23. afgpride Retired Staff

Yeah. People talk a lot about Bogut that series, but the Warriors barely played him before he got hurt. He cracked 20 minutes only 5 times out of 22 playoff games. His free throw shooting was a big part of that, but Kerr fell a little too in love with the death lineup.

24. Chocochip COOKIE

Christ, why are people acting like Horford has always been this good? He shifted as the league shifted, he use to be a huge liability as a 4 playing the 5. Dude would grt routinely punked by any decent center on the boards.

25. afgpride Retired Staff

This is definitely the best run of his career, but he was always really good. He had a similar playoff run last year, and was just as good defensively on the Hawks, save for maybe his final season with them.

26. afgpride Retired Staff

Coach Bud chose the Bucks. Obvious choice over the Raptors with a young, under-achieving team head by a legitimate superstar.

I liked him, but this is sort of a relief. I prefer Messina but wouldn't mind David Blatt. Phil Jackson is an obsolete dinosaur and Steve Nash feels like a trap.

27. Lucifer Morningstar .

There has been quite a decent amount of back-tracking from the media to subtly discredit Stevens. I said before the playoffs started that the Bucks were the toughest match-up in the conference for the Celtics based on how they matched up. This team is obviously talented, but a lot of the narratives these dorks keep juggling has been amusing to watch.

28. Ghost_of_Gashir Mider T's mom's a hoe

Russia, Colombia
    Horford was always a below average rebounder and meh scorer who made a bunch of all-star teams because the East was weak af at the position. Stevens is obviously getting as much out of him as possible now.

29. Chocochip COOKIE

Lol at "really good". He was good with the Hawks, but unlike being known as "extremely versatile", he created space with a jumper and was routinely shit on by bigger dudes. With Celtics he's been overpaid every year other than this year.

Also this whole guarding LeBron/Simmons/Giannis thing isnt him being able to really guard these guys, he just gives a shit ton of space because Brad tells everybody to do that unless u are shorter/quicker and can grt in their shit quick like Smart. Horford is being mad overrated because he matches up well with ballhandlers of ECF teams and has a really good team defense he is anchoring. Don't get me wrong, dude has been fantastic and all nba level this postseason, but Bill talking about watching horfird back then and knowing he was this good is so fucking dumb. He was always the guy you laugh at for making the all star games because he'd have no chance in the West.

30. afgpride Retired Staff

Horford held his own against big men every year he's been in the league. He just didn't dunk on them or post them up aggressively pivoting into their body and finishing with his ass out while yelling and 1 every other possession, so his consistently outplaying nearly every center he's played against was relatively harder to digest. The guy hasn't had a better rebounding season as a Celtic than any other season he's played in the league, all of his best rebounding seasons were early in his career, both in terms of raw numbers, ORB/DRB%, and the eye test. He's always been one of the best defensive bigs in the league with the added perk of having a knock down set mid range shot, a solid post game and premium passing skills at his position, which made him really good. Guys like prime Dwight destroyed him on the glass, but they destroyed everyone on the glass, and would destroy current Horford on it too. Embiid dominated Horford on the glass in his series against him, but was clearly outplayed, and this has been a constant theme throughout his career.