1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Need help installing Iso rom

Discussion in 'Tech Hub' started by Brant Kogasu, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Brant Kogasu

I downloaded Megaman x6 (I bought it too so don't get pissed about the whole piracy thing, I just share the game with my buddy and I'm going through megaman withdrawl) and I have no idea how to install it. It is in 8 .rar files but every time I try to extract them I find that the files inside all have the same name and I can't extract them unless I re-name them. I am an idiot when it comes to these things, please help me.

Tags:
  2. Grrblt

They have the same name because they are the same file. It is really a single rar file, containing a single iso, but that rar file has been split into 8. So just extract the iso from either rar file.

3. Brant Kogasu

ok, I extracted one peice of it but it doesn't have a familiar file name for my computer. it is a .bin file, do I need a special program to run this?

4. Grrblt

You should be able to run it with Daemon tools.

5. CrimsonSoulz

Extract the file with 00.rar ex: megaman00.rar) u should get file with a .iso extenson use alchohal 120 % to burn it on a dvd-r other good programs are dvd decrypter or like grrbt said daemon tools , oh make sure u burn at 4x i think u can burn higher but its safer at 4x : ) good luck EDIT* oh its a bin / cue file put them in a folder and use alcohol to locate the folder u placed them in, alochol should only find the bin file open that and left click , burn to cd , use a dvd-r or cd depending on the file size of the game.

6. fire23150

umm wy isnt this locked isos are illegal!!!

7. Stepped

So is downloading anime/manga online. Let's lock this forum up. -_-

8. fire23150

well we shouldnt be allowed to post downloads to naruto and other cartoons

9. destroy_musick

ISOs are NOT illegal. and unless the content is a breach of decency (or other) laws, then the content is not illegal either. What is illegal is the use of ISO's to backup an image file of a product that breaches copyright.

In his case, he's not breaking copyright because he's actually backing up a game he has proof of purchase for.

10. runeknightx

Daemon Tools works magic with this stuff, Alcohol also works pretty decently but with more functions.