1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Drinks!
    Dismiss Notice

Need XP file to change DPI setting back...

Discussion in 'Tech Hub' started by Sasuke X, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Sasuke X ~Nyan Nyan~

First of all, I don't have a Win XP disc.

I recently reinstalled Win XP with the Dell XP disk that came with my ex-Dell E520, using the XP code on the back of my old/current PC. It worked fine after the initial 40-60 minutes it took to get XP to accept my XP number.

Anyway, I changed my DPI setting from the standard (96 DPI) to the the other option (120 DPI). I decided to do some PC cleaning in safe mode after this, the first thing on the agenda being to use the disk cleanup utility. I checked all the options, included the XP log files and compress 6.5 GB (!?) options, then left it do whatever it does...and waited...and waited...and then the electric ran out.

...ok, you don't need my life story - What I need to know is the name of the file XP is asking for in order to change my DPI setting back to the standard setting; the disk cleanup/crash must've deleted the files the Dell XP disk put on my system. Everything looks far too big (inlcluding the text on this forum) with the 120 DPI setting.

If it's easy to find and download the file online, great...if not, I still need to know what to look for on the Win XP disc I'll be needing to get my hands on. Please, help me out!

Haven't had much luck getting help, Techsupportforum closed my thread due to Microsoft workers being mods there and finding fault with me using my legit XP license together with a Dell XP disc...

Tags:
  2. Negative-Ion Life is BRUTAL!!

Right click on the desktop> Properties > Settings > Advanced.

There you should be on the general tab of the advanced settings. You will see that it says " DPI settings"

Normal is 96. Large is 120, and custom size.

disk cleanup wont delete such files. besides, you have the file since you are using 120. you just need to figure out the settings some more.