1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Come join the RP Section for the monthly world (universe?) creation contest. This month's theme is space opera.

So charge the hyperdrive, power up the plasma cannons, and set sail for new worlds!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out the NF Awards! Nominate your favorite posters!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The World Cup is about to begin, which means it’s time to start proudly repping your country. We’ve created a special new feature for you guys exclusively for this big event! Click here to learn more!!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the latest Newsletter!

Click here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The future of the Cafe Subsections is up to you. Vote here to make your voice heard!"

Click here
    Dismiss Notice

Neferpitou vs. Silva and Zeno.

Discussion in 'Hunter x Hunter' started by Venice, Mar 25, 2018.

1. Milliardo G.L.P.

2. The World KATTA

3. rborges01 Well-Known Member

4. Dr. White Smell nice? it's Moonflower

Germany
    Catdank Faction:
    Pitou also took a hit from Meruem meant to kill her. He was uber durable.

5. The World KATTA

6. Sequester Lacking in Luster

Yes Pitou was very durable, but I feel that Meruem blow feat is taken out of context, Meruem just thought the blow would kill Pitou because he had lopped everyone else's head off with it previously. Wasn't like Pitou tanked a full force blow.

7. Max Thunder Well-Known Member

Exactly, Meruem only used the force he thought was necessary.

Also, totally unrelated but what anime is your gif from?

8. Dr. White Smell nice? it's Moonflower

Germany
    Catdank Faction:
    No one ever said it was the strongest blow he could muster. But Meruem isn't stupid, he know ants in general have extremely durable exoskeletons, especially those of royal guards. Meruem hit him with arguably the strongest part of his body and had killing intent and did so right in the face. It's an extremely impressive feat.

9. Sequester Lacking in Luster

It is not about Meruem being stupid, it is about him being a newborn. Even the smartest of people don’t just instinctively know things, he had to learn. From what that scene suggests that is the moment he learned the difference between his RG and the rest of the fodder.

It is from a old fighting game called Psychic Force, it has an OAV too if you are interested in watching it.

10. Ashi Repent, motherfuckers!

Pitou was confirmed stronger than Netero

With that in mind, it should be obvious that she lolstomps them both with absolute ease

11. Dr. White Smell nice? it's Moonflower

Germany
    Catdank Faction:
    He was born with a ton of implicit knowledge lmao. He especially knew his royal guard were tough, and had been alive for sometime. Trying to downplay the feat is stupid. Meruem himself praised her for a reason so stop trying to downplay the context of the scene.

12. Sequester Lacking in Luster

Eh sounds like attributing things to him based on very little. Meruem’s character arc was all about learning, it is why he changed so drastically by the end of it.

You are warping the context of the scene, the context wasn’t to put the RG on a relatively close level to Meruem. There is absolutely no reason to assume Meruem adjusted the level of force he used previously to try to kill Pitou... in fact it actually hurts his intellect to assume so, because if he adjusted in an attempt to kill Pitou he had miscalculated.

It was clear that Meruem was born with a mentality fitting his position, he was arrogant and probably thought he would be able to kill everybody with that level of force.

The scene was to hype the royal guard, but not to the level you are doing.

13. Dr. White Smell nice? it's Moonflower

Germany
    Catdank Faction:
    Not at all. It's a very simple deduction to ascertain that while Meruem was learning things that arc, that he was still very intelligent and born with a high amount of knowledge just like other ants and even more so. All ants were born the ability to move complexely, speak language, pick up on things such as battle strategy, and even nen. This is apart of their physiological advantage of being born with the dna of multiple life forms. To posit that Meruem didn't adjust his hit to try and kill meruem, as opposed to say the hit he killed the penguin ant with is pure ignorance.

That's stupid and nothing supports that. Meruem knew his guard was powerful, they wouldn't be his guard if that wasn't the case. You literally have nothing to support your case and are going againt meruem's explicit hype of pitou and the blatant scene context hyping pitou's durability.

I'm not claiming pitou is on meruem's level, i don't quite comprehend how you took this from my post. In fact I explicitly said I wasn't claiming pitou took the strongest blow from Meruem. But you blatantly making up nonsense to downplay the scene is just intellectually dishonest. Meruem is >>>> his royal guards. He hit pitou with a bliw he thought would kill her and was surpised she survived. Trying to claim "he didn't know his royal guards power level" or "probably hit pitou with the same force he would with fodder" is pure downplay nonsense.

14. Sequester Lacking in Luster

I see things completely differently, to me there is nothing to suggest he had done anything different.

I assert that it is your version of events that makes Meruem look dumber than in mine.

My version: A newborn Meruem who as far as he experienced, every time he smacked someone he lopped their heads off was surprised at the first person to survive this attack.

Your version: Meruem had assessed Pitou’s strength poorly, and in an attempt to kill Pitou grossly miscalculated the force he would need to get the job done.

You accuse me of having nothing to go by, but you literally offered nothing to support your claim other than the fact that Meruem is intelligent, which as I already stated is a fact that in my opinion hurts your argument instead of helping it.

Visually the strike looks no different than any previous, there seemed to be no extra exertion from Meruem to support your hypothesis.

15. Dr. White Smell nice? it's Moonflower

Germany
    Catdank Faction:
    I did offer a sound argument. You just completely glossed over it. Meruem knew the difference between grunts and his royal guard. Fact.

You keep appealing to "newborn Meruem" as if he had some puerile mind. He was quite capable of making simple deductions and clearly knew his guard was stronger than his grunts.

Meruem didn't hit her and say " oh damn you survived a hit that's killed my grunts". That's not really something to give praise over. Instead he was completely shocked and hyped her. To my recollection, Pitou also was bruised. Something that not even a direct point blank buddha strike accomplished. So by your logic a passing wave of meruem's tail >> Meruem's nen buddha.

Not to mention you still have yet to address the blatant hype he gives and subtext the author was trying to portray.

You say my argument is dumb that "meruem didn't know how much force to apply" yet that is exactly what he admits too.... then you while making that assertation about my argument go on to say it's much more likely that meruem hits everyone with the same force and that somehow it makes meruem smarter because apparently different durability is something meruem wouldn't take into account.

Leat we also forget he had no problem simply taking off his own arm

16. Sequester Lacking in Luster

I think you have a loose definition of what facts and sound arguments are. I will go with the thought that he gathered his RG were stronger than the fodder he killed previously, it is a reasonable enough thing to assume...

Now how would he know the strength they are relative to his own? Why would he feel the need to hit them harder when he eviscerated everyone else previously.... he gathered they might be stronger, but so what? In his mind they were all nothing in comparison to himself, the scene was to be a humbling experience for him.

Yes he says he was trying to kill Pitou, which was why he hit Pitou in the first place... because as we have established he killed everyone he hit. So him admitting he tried to kill Pitou means nothing in context considering from his perspective everyone he hits dies.

Yeah it is my logic that a passing wave from Meruem bruised Pitou, because that is exactly what it looks like. Don’t give a shit what Netero’s buddha palm failed to do because he is inferior to Meruem by my estimation anyway.

17. Dr. White Smell nice? it's Moonflower

Germany
    Catdank Faction:
    I'm quite confident you don't. You aren't even addressing my apecific points.

>Admits meruem likely understands the massive difference in power between royal guard and grunts.
    > still posits that meruem likely hits everything from humans to royal guards with the same might, despite his knowledge.

It's very clear. You're literally asking "why would Meruem feel the need to hit someone who is leagues stronger than the majority if people he has killed prior, with much more might." Because if I'm trying to knock out a scrawny teen and have only fought them before, I surely won't think "i need yo put a little bit more on this strike" if I am fighting a fit adult. Once again not sure why you are treating meruem like he isn't one of the most intelligent beings in the series who had amazing instincts and genetics giving him vast implicit knowledge from birth.

Ok well then you clearly aren't capable of cross analysis. Meruem is >>> netero but netero was still strong enough to bruise up Meruem, a meruem with nen. A nen construct from one of the strongest nen users ever could hardly do the same amount of damage.

But yeah meruem just hit pitou with a handwave of his tail.

Listen bruh you can keep doing these logical loops if you want. Meruem could literally tear through someone as strong as netero with his physicality and kill ants like they were nothing. Pitou is the only one to survive a blow meant to kill her, to her most vulnerable of areas. That speaks volumes of her durability given she only had a bruised cheek and bloody lip.

18. Zuhaitz Well-Known Member

There are 2 basic options:

Meruem did know Pitou's real power:

-Then if he hit him with killing intentions and he didn't kill him, Meruem was weaker than Pitou.
    -Or he didn't really hit him with killing intention.

Those 2 options are false because Meruem is more powerful than Pitou and able to kill him if needed. And because he did state that he went for the kill.

Then we have the second option, Meruem didn't know how powerful Pitou was, in which case

-If he hit him with killing intention, he did it with the intention to kill someone much weaker than Pitou (ergo Pitou didn't tank Meruem's most powerful hit).

In the end Pitou did never tank Meruem's full power and the manga make it clear than none of the ants can survive Meruem's attack, he is the ultimate ant and everyone bellow him are mere "ants" to him...

The difference in power between Meruem and the RG is probably greater than the difference between a Captain Ant and a RG.

19. Dr. White Smell nice? it's Moonflower

Germany
    Catdank Faction:
    What the fuck? I ascertain you didn't read or comprehend my post.

A.) Meruem does not have a scouter. He does not know the exact force needed to slay every opponent. He is just so strong that he can typically one shot any foe given he lands a clean strike.

B.) how the hell are you jumping to the conclusion that if Meruem didn't kill pitou with his strike (which isnwhat happened) that oitou must be stronger than meruem?... the point is he underestimated pitou's durability.

C.) that being said Meruem still struck her with intent to kill (fact) directly to her face. Once again unless you want to posit Meruem is an ignorant fool, he clearly would know his royal guard are his strongest ants and it would take much more power to kill them than some fodder ant or the odd human he had encountered prior.

The whole point of this argument is not to say that Pitou can tank everything from Meruem or that Meruem couldn't have killed her. Killing intent =/ going all out. The point is that pitou survived a good shot from meruem who can casually decimate most other like forms including humans like he did to ants and nen users like netero (casually taking his leg on first contact). This is hype for pitou's durability that was trying to be downplayed.

20. Zuhaitz Well-Known Member

What's a good shot? He knows Pitou is stronger than a human, but as you admit that he underestimated him, then you must admit that the feat itself can't determine Pitou's durability.

How hard did Meruem hit Pitou? We'll never know, and so Pitou surviving a hit that could have been merely a little above the one that one shoot the ant that tried to clean Meruem tail isn't that impressive.

21. Dr. White Smell nice? it's Moonflower

Germany
    Catdank Faction:
    What? Your points do not logically follow. Like at all.
    > We know Meruem knows the approximate strength of Pitou.
    > We know Meruem said he intended to kill Pitou.
    > Therefore we can't use the feat to determine Pitou's durability...

That makes no sense. Her durability is that of one who can take a killshot from Meruem. Once again, that doesn't mean she can tank anything from Meruem, and he clearly wasn't going all out. Yet she still is the only one in the manga to survive a strike from Meruem and not have her body maimed or completely obliterated.

I also don't understand your guys logic of "he used this killshot to kill fodder, so it must not be strong". It'd be one thing if he barely killed fodder ants, or just moderately brusied them and had to hit them 100 times to kill them. But he literally turned them into Pink mist.

It's like saying Boros surviving Saitama's punch isn't impressive because he uses the same punch on chapter 1 fodders that turns them into mist. If the fodder durability is a 1, and Meruem hits them with an attack that is 100 and turns them into pink mist, it makes no sense for someone to say "well someone surviving that attack with a bloody lip isn't impressive" even if Meruem's total is 1000.

22. Zuhaitz Well-Known Member

False, if he knew and he wanted to kill him, he would have done it.

And so the only plausible conclusion is that he didn't know the approximate strength of Pitou, which explains his surprise, he didn't understand the real power of Pitou.

The whole point of that scene is to show us that Meruem underestimates those he considers bellow him.

That isn't a feat of Pitou tanking a serious hit of Meruem, is a feat showing how Meruem saw those around him as inferior beings that he could one shoot effortlessly.

23. Dr. White Smell nice? it's Moonflower

Germany
    Catdank Faction:
    So then you are contending that Meruem didn't know his Royal guard are > his other ants and humans? Because we know for a fact Meruem was trying to kill Pitou.

\
    Not knowing Pitou's real durability =/ hitting him the same as other fodder.

and to show how durable Pitou is.

It literally is a feat of Pitou tanking a serious hit from Meruem.

24. Zuhaitz Well-Known Member

That wasn't a serious hit from Mereum. Meant to kill =/= serious.

And of course Meruem thought Pitou was more powerful than a human.

But he thought that Pitou was barely more powerful than them, if not he would have one shoot Pitou.

Meruem underestimated Pitou thinking that he was barely more powerful than any other ant he had met before and after that feat he realized that his RG were no joke.

25. Dr. White Smell nice? it's Moonflower

Germany
    Catdank Faction:
    :giogio

26. Zuhaitz Well-Known Member

Great points I hope some day I'm able to explain everything as clearly and precisely and you have.

Anyway the whole point of that scene was to showcase that Meruem underestimated everyone.

Pitou was simply the first being that he realized that he had underestimated for considering him weak. The same happen to Meruem time after time, till he realized that living beings have infinite potential and that they may even surpass him, despite him being created to be a perfect being.

27. Dr. White Smell nice? it's Moonflower

Germany
    Catdank Faction:
    Arguing with you is pointless because you can't debate. You still have yet to actually address and counter my points. The quotes I emoji'd were stupid, hence the response you got. We're gonna have to agree to disagree because I'm not wasting anymore time discussing this with you. Good day.

28. rborges01 Well-Known Member

I remember that when Meruem ripped off his arm in his match with Komugi, Shaiapouf went to heal him and ended up getting hit by Meruem’s tail. But then when Shaiapouf explained his plan to heal the king and he told the king to kill him if he didn’t accept it, Meruem responded to come closer and that he would finish it with one blow. Which to me means that Meruem can adjust his power enough to kill his Royal Guards in one shot.

29. Sequester Lacking in Luster

Yes my reasoning is quite simple, if I was a person who murdered people by shooting them in the face with a AR15, and run into somebody I expect is more formidable than anyone I encountered previously, I would still expect to kill them when I shoot them in the face... Why? Because I believe that my AR15 is so deadly it doesn't matter how much stronger this person is. That is what I am saying Meruem mindset was, for all he knew he could kill anybody with a casual smack.

Netero was strong enough to bruise Meruem after thousands of hits, you are omitting that key detail.

And yes, I still maintain Meruem hit Pitou with a casual attack.

30. Dr. White Smell nice? it's Moonflower

Germany
    Catdank Faction:
    That's not really an apt analogy given an Ar-15 only has one level of damage everytime. And once again, a human's durability is <<<< the force of an ar 15 which is why the bullet does massive damage. So idk why someone tanking your hypothetical ar - 15 bullet wouldn't be impressive to you simply because it kills fodder.

This is still ignoring the fact that MEruem is smart enough to know he needs to adjust his strength according to who he is fighting and new his ant RG were much stronger.

At this point we are going to have to agree to disagree. If you don't think Pitou's feat was impressive then hey, do you.