1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Neji and GAtes

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Soljah, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Soljah

Does anyone think tha tneji can open some gates but not all? After all he is a genius and he is Gai's student. I do remeber that that lee was the only one who could succeed in learning ura renge. I was just wondering if maybe Neji can open 1 or 2 gates this is all speculation but ??? he got the chakra + talent

Tags:
  2. TheoDerek

Someone posted that all Jounin can open a few gates. I forget who it was though, but they said they read it in the databook.

I also don't know how reliable this is.

3. John Connor

the gates training is part of what Gai teaches his students. the example of this can be seen when Neji and TenTen didn't pass the first time when Rock Lee passed and was taught the 2 lotus jutsus

Neji and TenTen have had 2.5 years to get to where Rock Lee was in part 1 and I cant see why they wouldn't be able to open at least the first 2 gates

4. Skoemie

for opening the gates you need a special talent... so without it you can't do it

5. John Connor

I think Gais training is all about teaching how to open gates. Rock Lee had trained his body way past Neji and TenTen and thats why Gai taught him how to open them. Rock Lee just has a talent for opening more gates than is normally expected at the Genin level

Gais gate training + Rock Lee's natural(genius of hard work? hehe) talent allows Lee to open 5 gates in part 1

6. PotatoNin

Gai taught that FORBIDDEN technique to his favorite student, Rock Lee, to be Lee's trump card (I know, forbidden techniques seem to find their way into the story a lot anyways :p).

Also, it's not worth the time to teach it to Neji and Tenten. It doesn't really help their attack styles that much (lower base physical ability, Neji's taijutsu doesn't require strength, Tenten's frag-bomb-no-jutsu will not do that much more damage to warrant the double-edged effect, etc. ). Could they open them? Perhaps. Should they? Not really.

7. chauronity

Yeah, the gates wouldnt favor neji that much.
    But that doesnt mean that he cant go x- gates thought ;)

8. Tyrannos

It is possible that Gai did teach Neji and Tenten after the Chuunin Exams. After all Team Gai is supposed to be a Taijutsu-based team, and the Gates are important to Taijutsu fighters as a 'last resort'.

But we probably will not see it used by them because Neji prefers the Hyuuga-style and Tenten is a weapons user.

9. CrazyMoronX

Gai only taught Lee gates, because Lee is special. Neji doesn't need them.

So no, Neji doesn't have any gates. He might learn to open one or two, like Kakashi apparently can, but that's about it.

10. Spanish Hoffkage

LATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Snickers

12. Soljah

thx for the replies i can only hope to see neji and tenten bust them out one day lol

13. Leader G Zer0

the gates aren't really part of their fighting styles. tenten wants to be a great weapon master and the gates will only make her swing faster or use her waepons faster or something, but it might help neji's fighting style, but i dont think that his body will able to last nearly as long as he'll need it to do some damage with the gates because his body hasn't gone through rigorious training like lee's.

14. mortsleam

Neji first of all is a second to Gai now. Gai doesnt teach him anything his uncle Haishi does. And why would Neji copy Lee?

15. Kolo_z_Wrocka

I think Gai is no longer teaching Neji, he has better teacher now (his uncle). Lee (iron fist) and Tenten (weapons) are learning from Gai, because he is mostly the iron fist and wapons user. Neji don't need it.

And also I think that gates disturbs the chakra flow so much, that he would have problems with Byakugan when his gates are open, so I don't think that he can do it - he just didn't have reasons to learn it.

16. Shidoshi

The Initial Gate doesn't lend itself well to a "gentle" style of taijutsu. Jyuuken doesn't emphasize physical strength, but moreso the strength of one's chakra flow into another person. Opening the Initial Gate to gain 100% muscle potential wouldn't help Neji given Jyuuken's style of fighting.

So, if he does know how to open a gate or two, he didn't learn it from Gai, because Gai wouldn't have taught Neji the Lotus.

17. Lain

Ya know what would be really awesome? If Tenten suddenly started getting way stronger... no kidding. Think about it... if Tenten was sannin level... well that would just be awesome.

18. Neji

neji can open 8 gates duh :imslow