1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Neji vs Asuma

Discussion in 'Naruto Battledome' started by auau, Nov 17, 2005.

Neji vs Asuma

Poll closed Nov 27, 2005.
  1. Asuma-sensei

29 vote(s)
    63.0%
  2. Jounin Neji

17 vote(s)
    37.0%
  1. auau Member

Both postskip, who will win ? Neji while new is also a Jounin and from what we've seen from Asuma, he seems to prefer hand-to-hand combat with his knuckle cutters. As you know, taijutsu battle with Neji is pretty much pointless unless you're Gai or Hiashi.

Tags:
  2. Bosch Banned

Neji would get his ass kicked.

3. Nice Gai Black Kamina

I am going with experience on this one. Asuma will probably win. To be able to hold back Kisame's sword with strength alone is impressive.

4. Reznor Well-Known Member Administrator

Asuma.

More rounded than Neji thanks to experience.

5. Gooba Join us

6. Dragonzair I'm with Maria Hill!

Asuma.

He was able to fight an almost equal battle with an Akatsuki member, and was even able to block Kisame's attack. And shown on his stats, Asuma's got more exprience, especially with A class missions.

7. Chamcham Trigger 光翼型近接支援残酷戦闘機“エヴァッカニア・ドゥーム

I give it to Asuma due to experience, though I don't think Neji would go down easy.

8. RummY It is all fun and games...

And I give it to Neji - we only saw Asuma in hand-to-hand combat. In that case I suppose he cannot compare to Hyuuga. ( although as a long time Jounin he should have another jutsus. Until he reveals them, Neji wins)

9. shintebukuro Well-Known Member

Neji is very comparable to Asuma post timeskip, it is likely they are both elite jounin-level.

10. martryn Dick in hand

I go Asuma. Its true that all we've seen from Asuma is taijutsu, but that's just it, isn't it? He's got a huge ninjutsu stat that he hasn't had to use yet.

Neji will win in a few years, but Asuma still has him covered as long as Neji is still a part of Gai's team.

11. Chiru Naruto Forums Elitist

Neji would be pwned! PWNED! I can't believe 5 people voted for a newly promoted jounin. We saw what little Neji did in a fight vs Kisame. Asuma had less time to fight sharkman, but did more damage than Neji did.

Its like saying Neji could beat Gai or Kakashi. Asuma is arguably their level! Way to underrate one of the most badass characters in the manga.

12. auau Member

Dude, it's not like Asuma pwned Kisame when they fought at Konoha. So Neji got caught in the water prison, big deal. Remember Kakashi also got caught within Zabuza's water prison and we know who is stronger between Kakashi and Zabuza. Remember Neji also got away from the water prison on his own while Kakashi has to rely on Naruto, not that I'm implying Neji is stronger than Kakashi.

Btw, Neji destroyed shoten Kisame's 3 mizubunshins. If we go by Haku's prediction of mizubunshin being 10% chakra, the 3 mizubunshins are 9% Kisame's chakra since the shouten only has 30% of Kisame's chakra. Not that it is much but I think that's more than a little scratch on Kisame's face that Asuma inflicted.:wink

13. RummY It is all fun and games...

After a while of thinking I must agree to that one. Asuna must have other cool jutsus. Lets give Neji some time and he will kick asses.

14. Darth Judicar A#1 Roller Rager

I'm split on this. Asuma has the upperhand due to his experience obviously, but Neji has great strength and is a genius with the Advanced Bloodline Byakugan...Interesting battle for sure.

15. Pride Swerve

This is a hard one. Neji is now a jounin, so he should be more well-rounded than he was. However Asuma has the experience, but Neji also has the bloodline.

I'd give it to Neji based on RummY's first post.

16. Gooba Join us

You only saw him in hand to hand, but he was actually better at ninjutsu than taijutsu, he just didn't need to use it.

17. OniTasku [Weeabro for life]

Asuma. He's been a Jounin far longer than Neji. He's most likely been through more battles and fights, not to mention missions (S Rank) as well. Neji is good, but not to the extent of defeating Asuma.

18. Neut Tread softly & Carry a Big Axe

Asuma - as he is much closer to his prime. As an experienced jounin sensei, he'll know the long and short of a Hyuuga opponent. It's not like Neji's techniques are exactly secret. His far more extensive battle experience will make him a more dangerous opponent by virtue of what he knows, and in practical aspects, Asuma is no slouch, bested only by Akatsuki opponents who many would consider the equal of a Kage.

19. Man of a Thousand Jutsus Jutsu Master

Neji, as skilled as he is, is still a relatively new ninja. Asuma has been a ninja, and a Jounin far longer than Neji has. Besides, what do you think Asuma was doing during those 3 years of timeskip? Sitting on his ass and playing shogi with Shikamaru?

20. Kno7 o.O

Asuma. He's got way more experience than Neji. While Neji is good, he can't have reached a level high enough to beat konoha's elite.

21. Leen Peacemaker

Asuma.

More rounded and he is not only good in taijutsu but also good in ninjutsu. He has more experience too.

22. Aman <font color='#0000A0'>Really?</font>

Asuma.

Do i need to tell you why?

23. MangekyouItachi New Member

Asuma i guess.... for the reasons mentioned above... Experience, Strength etc....

24. Freakness Cry, Benihime !

Asuma takes it .

Though I do agree Neji wouldn't go down fast . Give Neji 2 more years with Hiash, and I think he can Asuma down.

25. Inactive Weasel S-Rank

I give this to Neji. His taijutsu is damn good.

26. Mukuro Death B4 A Million ?

I think the fight could be a close one.

I say Sarutobi Asuma for the win.

He is a war ninja.

27. HollowDreamer clurgy of canapotoya

Im going to go with Asuma i just think hes more badass.

28. Jyuuken 木丿葉 忍者 - はたけ かかし

as much as neji is my no.1 favorite character and the fact that neji is a great genius, gifted with a great bloodline, i still have to give asuma this one...

because asuma is simply more experienced and his an elite jounin of konoha... plus the fact that he is pretty strong too in the taijutsu arena and most likely he has a host of ninjutsu to back him up...

29. eternal_wind Newbie without Equal :oh

Agreed. It will be a very interesting battle.
    There is a reason why Bloodline clans are so highly recognized... :blink

30. doc_thomas the frogs, the girls, the man

kaiten, jyuuken and byakugan. if neji caught asuma in his yinyangdivinecircle-thing, asuma is fucked. so taijutsu would be worthless against neji. Only way asuma could win is fighting neji from distance, with ninjutsu or something. Although after 3 years neji problably have some long range justus. And neji is a genius.