1. img
    The KCC is hosting a Short Story Horror Contest!
    The deadline for entries is October 24th at 1am UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. img
    Come vote in the OP Fanart Contest in the Ohara Library!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. img
    Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Halloween!
    Deadline for entries: October 31st at 1600 EST.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. img
    Come join the very first non-banner Café contest!
    The deadline is on October 23th at 9:47 AM EST.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Neji vs. Sasuke

Discussion in 'Konoha Recycling Heap' started by Uzumaki^Naruto, Sep 28, 2004.

1. Uzumaki^Naruto

Could Chidori penetrate the absolute defense, Kaiten, better even that
    Gaara's armour of sand ?
    I think that without the cursed seal Neji would beat the living daylights out of Sasuke (Didnt Kakashi said that in the preliminary matches ?)

Tags:
  2. Jin

Yes the chidori could. Neji just isnt at the lvl of speed Sasuke is. Sasuke would hit him with it before he see him.

Plus if your talking about Sasuke and Neji were they stand now in the manga even without the seal i thik Neji couldnt do it.

3. PanzerKunstMaster

i'd like to see sasuke copy the Hakkeshou Rokujuu Yonshou as he could copy neji's movements rather than see the tenkutsu, chidori would probably cancel out kaiten but a doubt it'd land due to the spinning factor, be an awsome genius fight though!

4. lmxru

I dont think Neji would stand a chance, even when sasuke is in his normal form.

5. Narutt85

6. Uchiha^Sasuke

It's a tough one without the seal. I think Sasuke will again beat Neji, mostly because his speed is way superior to Neji's and Chidori's power is above Neji's defense!

7. ZhongGuoCheng

I agree. Sasuke's speed is awesome...and plus with his chidori and all that good stuff...I don't think any genin...except Naruto would stand a chance...that's just me though

8. Reaven MK

Well, Kaiten DID drawn with a charged attack from Naruto powered with Kyuubi chakra, so it's hard to tell if Chidori could easily pass through Kaiten. And Sasuke's taijutsu is above Lee's, and Neji can beat Lee anytime unless he is using Ura Renge.

AND, if Neji strikes first, he can seal the flowing of chakra from Sasuke thus making he useless. Now, if sasuke uses the cursed seal, that's a whole new point, though Neji did defeat a Sound Nin lv. 2 by his own strenght.

9. Uchiha^Sasuke

I think Sasuke'd easily avoid Neji's attack thanks to his speed. And Kudoumaru is nowhere near Sasuke's level after all. Alas, if the 64 hit, Sasuke'll be done.

10. Genjing

Uh... ok Chidori could probably pierce Kaiten. But the radius of Kaiten too large, and the second Sasuke's un-chidori'd body touches the Kaiten, it will fling him away. Thats assuming it doesn't just explode on contact and hurt them both. Kaiten vs. Chidori is a draw.

As for speed... no Sasuke is not faster than Lee. He's as fast, at most. And Neji owns Lee's speed even so. Sasuke has the Sharingan to predict Neji's movements with. But then again Neji has his Jyuuken, so he doesn't need to hit Sasuke as solidly as Sasuke needs to hit him. Even a single Jyuuken strike can be fatal, while punches are relatively not fatal.

Chidori vs. Kaiten- draw
    Jyuken+Byakugan vs. Sharingan+ Lee speed= draw

It'll come down to the tactics or luck or whatever, but very close i'd say.

11. Saga-Sama

i'll go for neji... since sasuke can't fight him from a distance range..... and neji is the god of close range combats.....

12. Inactive anbu

13. Uzumaki^Naruto

In front of the Byakugan ? A bloodline limit technique is useless in front of another, sharingan cant copy Nejis techiques or chakra techniques or he wuold have Kaiten/rasengan, and with a 50 meter radius the seeing jutsu is perfect . Sasuke is toast :)

14. Keppa-Sensai

.... neji would own sasuke. Sasuke has speed but neji can sense every movement around him. Then neji would just gentle palm his ass nuff said. Not even kyuubi chakra naruto could brake through his ultimate def......so you think that chidori would......i dont think so

15. SkullWorm

The byakugan is better than the sharingan, but Sasuke is on an entirely different level now.

16. Arilou

I'd say that had Sasuke faced Neji instead of Naruto (er... That is, had Neji faced Sasuke rather than Naruto) Then Neji would have won. Now? Neji wouldn't stand a chance.

Note that Kakashi says to himself that even Sasuke wouldn't stand a chance against Neji.

17. SaiST Retired Staff

And Sasuke can see every movement Neji would make to counter Sasuke. And Sasuke has the speed to avoid those counters. After a while of memorizing his movements, it's doubtful that Neji would have any chance of touching him.

Yes it did. They both took damage in that clash, it's just that Naruto took more because of the way Kaiten works against assaults like that.... And even that didn't matter much, Naruto came out of it good as new because of his monstrous stamina.

It should. The real "defense" aspect of the Hakkeshou Kaiten is the beginning of it, where the attack is stopped by the chakra surrounding Neji's body. After that, the weapons/opponent is blown away, or parried when Neji spins, that's the offensive part of the Kaiten.

Lots of people think that Sasuke's Chidori can't penetrate the Kaiten because it "spins" but that's just one step to it. The one case where Neji was actually able to stop an assault with just the offensive step of the Kaiten was against Naruto, but they were about the same speed, and Neji could see Naruto's assault well in advance. How would this work out against Sasuke, who's must faster than him? Do you think Sasuke's Chidori could penetrate the first step of the Kaiten?

I do.

Do you think Neji can pull it off the spin fast enough to parry Sasuke's Chidori?

I don't.

He said that before that month training period, where Naruto and Sasuke made incredible advancements. Sasuke was easily on Neji's level during the Chuunin Exam Main Matches.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2004
  18. Achsariel

Why is there even question about this? Naruto complely tore apart Neji. Now Naruto, quite a bit more powerful than when he fought Neji, is struggling with Sasuke. Of course Sasuke would win.

19. BWiz

neji was able to fight naruto at about even strength WHEN he was using the foxes power and speed and you ppl think that sasuke's speed is better? chidori is just a straight thrust it would'nt be able to hit neji if sasuke's ugly life depended on it... neji would just grab his arm away like itachi so easily did...

20. Evil

That Naruto that Neji fought was a cake walk compared to the Naruto that Sasuke fought.

Edit: And Sasuke completely owned that Naruto.

21. truthordesire

The trouble with this question, is that we do not know how much Neji has improved whilst the series has been focussing on Naruto and Sasuke. Who knows what new bad-ass technique Neji has pulled from his rectum. However, IMO Sasuke has got more reason and motivation to improve (to become stronger in order to kill his brother), so therefore Sasuke has probably improved more than Neji since the Chunnin exam, with or without his Level 2 curse included.

22. Nazak

If you read the Manga, Neji fights one of Orochimaru's Elite men(forgot the name). Neji took quite a beating while before that Sasuke was fighting all 4 of them at once pretty well. I believe Neji is no match for sasuke.

23. pajamas

and I don't think that Neji would have any trouble beating up a corpse

and Neji beat a curse seal lvl 2.

when sasuke fought them

they weren't even in curse seal...or were they I don't think they were...not when he was winning anyway O_o

24. SaiST Retired Staff

They were not intent on killing Sasuke, therefore, they were not fighting him seriously. Nor did they HAVE to use their Curse Seals. When Sakon used it, it was more of a "So what? I have one too! Now STFU and sit down!"... And Sasuke did just that. :p

So yeah, your comparision doesn't mean much. Sorry.

What makes you think that? Sasuke is one of the main characters, and Kishimoto's favorite.

By nearly sacrificing himself, yeah. Sasuke isn't the same as Kidoumaru, his Ten Fuuin is stronger than his.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2004
  25. Naruto-kun

Good, long fight. Sasuke would win, but it would be a good fight.

26. Boner

it would be a very good fight, but there is no way Sasuke would lose with the ability to see every movement Neji does BEFORE he even does it!
    and if things get even remotly bad for Sasuke, then he'd just shuttlecock his ass!

27. SaiST Retired Staff

Sasuke would have to observe Neji's movements for a bit until he was able to see them in the same manner he did Naruto's, I think.

The difference between the Byakuugan and Sharingan's "insight",from what I've gathered, is this:
    • The Byakuugan's perception is so great that it can catch every movement of the opponent's body, inside and out. Warming up an attack, preparing to make a dash or guard, it can be seen right then and there... But, I also think the Sharingan, with it's above-average perception, is also capable of doing this to an extent.
    • The Sharingan's all about capturing movements, copying. When it starts to memorize the opponents moves, it truly can kind of "see into the future", contrary to what Zabuza said during the Water Country arch. For an opponent with simple straight foward, or slower movements, it becomes all the more easier for Sharingan users to see the "image" of their opponent's next movement during a battle.
    ... S'just somethin' I was thinkin' about. Good opportunity to spit it out. :D

Only possible flaw I can see with that theory is that Sasuke was able to see the image of Naruto's upcoming movements even though he could not see them before his Sharingan evolved in chapter 230. Hmm...

28. Redeem

It's difficult to answer... Cuz how can Sasuke make the Chidori without his chakra... so is not has simple has "The Chidori can defeat the Kaiten".
    But right now I doubt Neji could defeat a Curse Seal Lvl 2 Winged Sasuke

29. SaiST Retired Staff

I'll answer your question with another question:

How can Neji close the Tenketsu in Sasuke's arms when Sasuke has superior speed and a similar Doujutsu?

It's not as simple as "Neji can lock off Sasuke's Tenketsu", he has to be able to keep up with him in order to do so, and find a way around his Sharingan as well. ;)

30. Nazak

Would be a very close fight...yes

But...

Sasuke would emerge victorious...face the facts >.>