1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Neji vs Sasuke

Discussion in 'Naruto Battledome' started by Inuki-Chan, Dec 17, 2004.

Who's stronger?

1. Neji

79 vote(s)
    50.3%
  2. Sasuke

73 vote(s)
    46.5%
  3. Tie

5 vote(s)
    3.2%
  1. Inuki-Chan

In a match between Neji vs Sasuke who do you think would win. In my oppinion it would be a Tie Naruto only won by cheating he used his Demon powers cheater! Sasuke would end up using Chidori so when he blocks Neji's hand It would burn and cut. Although Neji could hit tenketsus *thinks hard and long*

Tags:
  2. Zain

well, sasuke IS quite overpowered at the moment.. so i guess him

3. Last of the Uchihas

I really don't know the answer since most of their techniques would cancel each others. I really hope there is a fight between them so that we can finallly put to rest the Neji vs Sasuke and the Byakuggan vs Sharingan threads which seems to be everywhere nowdays.

4. jutsu

hmmmmmm i really dont know, but i think sasuke

5. Zain

however neji does have a chance, sasuke has never seen his jutsu's, not the hakke takke palm nor the kaiten kenbu, and neji knows it. making use of it isnt that hard

( kabuto lost to naruto because he underestimated him, underestimating is dangerous )

6. Last of the Uchihas

The same can be said about Neji. Neji has never seen Sasuke's jutsu only the shishin rendan and that's it.

Actually Naruto lost to Kabuto in anyway you look at it. If it wasn't for Tsunade's healing abilities Naruto would have been six feet under, while Kabuto took a fully power rasengan to the chest and lived to tell about it.

7. Zain

uhm, neji knows Uchiha sasuke that means rasengan, also i dont really think chidori can penetrate the kaiten kenbu. anyhows if tenketsus are closed sasuke is over

about the kabuto thing, it went the way it did.

8. Inuki-Chan

I agree about the tenketsus Uchiha Nick Because I did Start this topic But I don't really think Sasuke would let him hit them what do you think?

9. Last of the Uchihas

Neji know squad about Sasuke, only that he is the rookie of the year and his shishi rendan. Rasengan and chidori are two very different things, not to mention what Sasuke's sharingan can do along with his speed and metal wires.

Things went the way it did but who was able to walk away on his owns. Kabuto not Naruto. This is very similar to what happen in the last fight of the Sasuke's rescue mission. Who won? The one who walked away, not the one who was lay unconscious.

10. Zain

dang my fault! i meant sharingan with that o O

anyways, naruto didnt have the killing intent sasuke had, his emotions got in his way and thats why he ended up getting beat up. and sasuke KNOWS naruto's skills because that is one of the reasons why sasuke wants to go to oro. so no underestimating there.

P.S. what sasuke would do to not get hit? he wouldnt know what neji wanted to do. also the jyuuken taijutsu is the strongest, so neji would have the upper hand with that. and dont say "sasuke is fast", because naruto is slow but still managed to grab kabuto's kunai. so that cancels it out

11. Inuki-Chan

I know i don't know what he would do to doge it but he would probably think of something right.

12. Literally Exaggerated

I give it to Sasuke. Even without the curse seal he beat kyuubi level 1. Naruto (who did quite a bit of damage to Neji and was a major factor in defeating him). His movement speed is faster than Neji's, his predictive powers are better than Neji's (Neji sees things coming and reacts to them, Sasuke sees them before they actually happen and reacts to attacks before they are even launched), his ability to analyze his opponent's fighting style is better than Neji's (sharingan's #1 ability), and as a one-hit kill, Neji has nothing that rivals chidori. He also has lots of ranged attacks.

Neji has better insight abilities, kaiten, taijitsu which beats even Sasuke's. He's also at least as smart as Sasuke, if not smarter.

So I think Sasuke does have the edge in theory. If he can keep away from Neji using his greater speed and his predictive abilities, keep hitting him with ranged attacks to wear down Neji somewhat, and then use Chidori when Neji's tired, he'll win. If he gets too cocky and goes in for the taijitsu fight, he'll lose, as even with the 3rd tomoe he's only somewhat stronger than Lee in taijutsu, and Lee needs to open gates to beat Neji.

13. Rurouni

Sasuke, he should be able to win, even without the Curse Seal.

14. jehu-kun

I would give it to Sasuke (I'm pretty damn sure that he already copied the shadow clone skill) he also have the fire skills, plus with his fully developed sharingan he can preict the movements of Neji. Plus using his demon form I don't think that 64 hands of hakke could work against him? Does Kaiten work only against physical attack if yes than Sasuke can just fry his hide (that doesn't mean Neji wouldn't put an extraordinary fight given his sight his nearly 360 degrees and he can also predict taijutsu movements). If kaiten does work against ninjutsus then Sasuke would hardly win... let's face it Neji is called a genius even among the genius clan.

15. Code

Neji should be able to beat up to Curse Seal Level 1 Sasuke.

16. piccoloneji

The battle would be close. If you think of it in forms of reality, the reality is that Sauske is the co-main character of the anime. Hence he is granted the right to win, (as gay as that sounds you all know that is how the anime will work, if such a fight took place) however if u look at it in regards to skill, neji would destroy sauske. This is truth. First off Nejis attacks cannot be copied by sauske, because they are not normal jutsus, they are attacks which require a certain control of chakra that cannot be copied, but must be learned. I think the chidori would break through the kaiten, but i think neji would have realized this already. All neji would really have to do is turn on his byakugen, watch for sauskes attacks (easily enough with that byakugen) and land a single attack on sauske to stop his chakra flow. Also NEJI IS NOT SLOW>>>when naruto used his nine tails power on neji, his speed was probably as fast as lee with his weights, and neji could keep up. Neji trains with lee, and has beaten him many times, so theres no doubt he can keep up with such speed. Sauske can move at lee's speed, but wastes alot of chakra, neji probably has more stamina. Sauske can have two advantages, one is the sharingan level 4, i wont say what it does, but if u read alot of the current manga chapters u know what advantage it will give him. Second is that curse seal, which may act like narutos nine tail powers, meaning give sauske more chakra even after his tenketsus have been hit. However, after nejis fight with naruto, he is no longer an arrogant fighter, and since sauske is openly labeled one of the best fighters...no way neji is gonna think sauske is down until hes lying face first in the ground. He'll go all out, and in the end its definetly gonna be neji who wins. As for the chidori, i think if neji does the kaiten, focusing all his chakra into the one single point where sauske will attack (neji is a fighter capable of doing this easilly) he might be able to at least slow the attack enough to dodge the chidori and land a gentle fist. What else can the sharingan or sauske do against nejis genius?

17. HimuraBattousai

I don't know. Kakashi saying Sasuke wouldn't have a chance against him during the prelims is saying something. The only reason Sasuke could damage Gaara at all is because Kakashi watched Gaara + Lee's fight carefully and deduced the perfect method for defeating Gaara. Sasuke won't have the help of Kakashi's insight to defeat Neji.

Without any curse seals, I would definitely give it to Neji. All of Sasuke's long range attacks can be neutralized by Kaiten. When it comes to Taijutsu, Jyuuken is known as Konoha's strongest, and taijutsu is what the fight will come down to.

We know Lee's speed has been ineffective on Neji in the past and thats why he was going to open 5 gates. Speed is used to attack an opponent when they aren't expecting it, and Byaakugan cancels it out.

Also, a hit from Sasuke = physical harm. A hit from Neji = physical harm and chakra flow altered.

If a chidori was coming, simply Kaiten to keep Sasuke at a distance. So it comes down to:

Sharingan + Lee's Taijutsu vs Byaakugan + Jyuuken.

Why does Neji win that match up? Naruto using Kagebunshin was able to land 4 hits on Sasuke even though Sasuke used sharingan. Naruto using Kagebunshin could land absolutely nothing on Neji. Thats the only character both Neji and Sasuke has fought and in terms of taijutsu, Neji's was better.

18. BattousaiMS

Neji would win, at current state Sasuke is just a Chidori Cannon fodder, and as soon as he gets near, Neji gonna Kaiten followed by 64 tenketsu.

19. Naruto_Heart

hey...the reason why everyone wanted to watch sasuke in action during the chuunin exam was simple...he was the sole survivor(apart from itachi) of the famed uchiha clan...of course everyone wants to see him...its not that hes so good that everyone wanted to watch him in action...

get your facts right.

and Naruto even in his kyuubi state did not beat the crap out of Neji...it was only when Neji turned off his byakugan that resulted him being defeated by a smart Naruto move...

Sasuke beat Naruto...right...abeit at some price...do you really understand the word beating the crap out of someone when the fact is sasuke barely won the encounter?

20. Nidaime-Sama

Neji did not lose to Kyuubi Naruto, he lost because he shut off his eyes which allowed Naruto to sneak attack him. Over-confidence was his downfall and thankfully he doesn't have that anymore. Also where did all that dirt go Naruto dug? It was stupid with the "glass-jaw" bit because we see him take so much more punishment and still keep on fighting, Naruto won because he is the main character

This match can go either way, many of their jutsus cancel out and even if the chidori could penetrate kaiten, his hand would not reach Neji since the hole in the kaiten would not be big enough for him to pass and he would run face first into the wall of chakra. Unknown what the effects of Dark Chidori would be though

Neji from the databook has the same speed and ninjutsu as Sasuke, but higher genjutsu (meh!). Also Sasuke has been in a coma for a month so that might hurt his stamina. Also Lee had to open the 5 gates just to beat Neji as Gai said, so Sasuke's speed would not mean much to Neji and his reaction time must be incredible (Neji). So in his fight the old term the "hands are quicker than the eyes" may apply

With Sasuke predicting moves and Neji with his incredible reaction time, it would be counter, counter, counter, counter until someone loses stamina but Sasuke can't keep up lv.2 or Lee's speed for long. Neji does have a advantage because he saw Sasuke fight several times and seen him open curse lv.1, where Sasuke has never seen Neji fight.

This fight could go either way

Last edited: Dec 18, 2004
  21. MurderItachi

neiji should be able to win eventually assuming sasuke is forced to go level 2 curse seal as well as using chidori, which imho would be very simple for neiji to dodge. sasuke using chidori from a range would give neiji all the time in the world to analyze and dodge. moreso, chidori doesnt really have much about it to analyze; lotsa wild chakra in his left hand, going into a straight thrust. also, his left hand is really all that has to be worried about. if sasuke missed chidori every time + if he used level 2 curse seal, he'd be out of chakra in no time. assuming neiji can't land a hit on even one of sasuke's tenketsus due to sharingan's attack predictions. sasuke's chakra consumption rate would be his downfall. i don't see any other way one of them would lose to the other since they're both pretty immune to physical attack. sasuke doesn't have any spectacular range attack that could exploit neiji's weakness. so i give the fight to neiji.

as for the encounter between sasuke and naruto. i'm pretty sure rasengan would've beaten chidori. instead, naruto chose to lay a scratch on sasuke's forehead as a symbol to prove that he was on par with him. in their first encounter sasuke claims that he doesnt need a forehead protector because naruto could never lay a scratch on his forehead and that naruto was never at an even level with him.

22. Literally Exaggerated

Naruto swore to Sakura he would bring Sasuke back no matter what. He also told Sasuke he would basically break every bone in his body if he had to to bring him back. I doubt he would go back on those, especially his absolute promise to Sakura, simply to show he's Sasuke's equal. Especially since beating Sasuke with rasengan would pretty much show everyone that Naruto was better than Sasuke anyway.

No, I'm pretty sure what we saw was Naruto trying as hard as he could to take Sasuke down. He couldn't, though he came ridiculously close considering Sasuke was using CS lvl 2.

23. shintebukuro

Neji didn't shut off his byakugan because he was overconfident, Naruto shut it off for him in the kyuubi chakra vs. kaiten explosion when Neji was shot down into a small crater and lost almost all of his energy. Neji didn't turn it back on because he was tired and careless when checking to see if he had won (which Naruto made it seem).

Besides, Naruto clearly had a lot more energy that Neji...Neji would have been lucky to defend himself anymore.

1. Anybody would have a "glass jaw" after a large explosion of chakra.

2. Naruto won because he is stronger than Neji. He provided an attack that equalled the kaiten in strength, which resulted in an explosion, weakening Neji severely, but not really weakening himself at all...he then took advantage of the differences in their stamina.

I think it's clear that Sasuke has risen far above Neji now. It doesn't depend on their abilities, Sasuke has simply reached a new level (along with Naruto).

24. Cosmo_Rainy

neji won't win against sasuke with lvl 2 cs
    if they fight without the cs neji might win though imo

25. BattousaiMS

Since when did Neji fight Kyuubi Naruto??? (Kyuubi Naruto has red eyes + fangz and claws) That's simply Naruto using Kyuubi Chiakara... its not the same ~.~.

But again, Sasuke won't win against Neji, cuz he is gonna try cannon fold chidori like always, which Taboo agaisnt Neji unless you got a seperate Chikara system to open your tenketsus back, which Sasuke dosn't so we can forget about that.

It wont matter even if Sasuke was CL2, he will still gonna try Chidori, which means loss for him.

26. Nidaime-Sama

If you saw the Kidoumaru fight, he uses much much much more chakra and stamina as well as take more punishment yet he still keeps fighting. He didn't turn it back on because he saw the kage bunshin and thought that was the real Naruto. With his eyes he can't tell the bunshins from apart. What did Neji say when he got out of the crater "Loser...sorry this is reality." meaning he thought he won and thus let his guard down.

1.What large explosion of chakra? Naruto's powerup was over now hence why his hand wounds did not heal. We even see against Kidoumaru he performs more kaitens a new chakra bubble get stuck with several web daggers and get impaled by two arrows and yet still continue to fight. So....1 punch made him lose against Naruto?....hmmm

2. They flew back which resulted in large craters and that collision didn't even penetrate Neji's kaiten. Neji let his guard down because he saw the kage bunshins hiding the hole and he believed he won. Even Tenten believed he took the most damage out of it (Naruto). He let his guard down and shut off his eyes, Neji was dominating the entire matchup until the powerup

Kakashi
    "well you can't train your inner body, it can be a critical hit for even the toughest guys"

Neji can take a opponent out with 1 hit to kill, doesn't matter how strong you are you can't train your inner body and that's why the Hyuuga is so feared

Last edited: Dec 18, 2004
  27. ageofdarkness

Let's see, Byakuugan vs. Sharigan. Well, most of their attacks will cancel
    each other out. Neji would use Kaiten on Sasuke's jutsus. Sasuke's 3-dot
    sharingan would predict Neji's gentle fist style attacks.

I can see Neji winning by quickly going for the 64 palms of Hakke to
    lock up his chakra and then hitting him with a gentle fist for safety
    measures. I can see Sasuke winning with a curse seal level 2, 3 dot-
    sharingan, chidori, plus incredible curse seal speed to defeat Neji. Or
    Neji could see the attack with his 359 degree vision and use Kaiten
    to deflect chidori. It could go either way.

28. kaitenjyuuken

Neji will win, provided that he hits sasuke..which he would since he's genius in close-range fighting and sasuke is definitely not a long-range fighter..
    Sasuke may predict neji's 64 palms hakke but we've seen him in chuunin exam, he's not the type that choose defence over offence (offence is his best defence), he'll be duing a hell lot of attacks than defence... I can't think of him using jutsu other than chidori to beat an opponent, so, neji canceling out his chidori with kaiten then perform that sudden death thing on sasuke which he performs on Kidoumaru (sasuke won't be able to dodge this one, don't think he'll have enough time to react..)

and if sasuke is smart enough to prevent neji from performing kaiten, neji can take the attack like the way he took it from kidoumaru.. he'll be badly injured but not die, on the process, he'll be able to outsmart sasuke and probably win, who knows... neji is a genius among geniuses...

their fight could turn out otherwise though... a lot of improvements can happen in 3 years... and the fact that sasuke is one of the main characters plus bearing the heaven seal, we'll be seeing more from him...

29. byakugan_#O_O#

Neji wins!

Because....

EXPERIENCE
    - Neji is 1 yr ahead of Sasuke (think about the difference it could make on their training)
    - Neji has seen Sasuke fight before; whereas Sasuke hasn't seen Neji

SPEED
    - Neji is faster than Lee : Sasuke has to use alot of chakra to maintain Lee's speed
    - However, Lvl 2 curse seal Sasuke may be fast enough (also uses alot of chakra)

TAIJUTSU SKILL
    - Gentle Fist VS. Rough Fist : inner damage vs outer damage
    - Neji obviously has the advantage since one cannot train their inner organs

TECHNIQUES
    - Chakra based: Kaiten vs. Chidori. Sasuke can only use it 3 times max., Neji can do it many many times until chakra runs out basically. The chidori does not have 100% hit rate so Sasuke MAY miss, the chance of that is increases when it has to go through a spinning kaiten.

STAMINA
    - Neji would have more stamina since his Gentle Fist & Byakugan continuously use chakra, where as Sasuke only has sharingan that use cont. chakra.
    - In terms of chakra control, Neji far surpasses Sasuke since all of Neji's attacks are precisely that.

GENIUS-NESS
    - Let's assume that Neji and Sasuke are around the same genius level. But taken into account that Neji learned 64 Hands & Kaiten of the Hyuga on his own; whereas, Sasuke was taught the Katon (fire) jutsus of the Uchiha by his father. Then Neji would be actually even smarter and talented than Sasuke.

GAMBLES - 1 hit K.O.
    - 64 Hands VS. Chidori
    - when within the range of the Neji's divination, it is 100% accuracy & success rate. We have seen Sasuke miss with the chidori before, and with its limited use its disadvantageous to use.
    Just think of HOW Sasuke can possible beat Neji.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2004
  30. Lo Gah Lok

Sasuke, neji's pretty good but sasuke would get mad and launch the seal.