1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

New and Confused

Discussion in 'Academy Registration' started by dragonofraven, Nov 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dragonofraven Master of elemental knowledge

Hey, I'm dragonofraven, I'm new here. Sorry if this is the wrong place to put this, but this is the first time I've subscribed to a place like this. So far I've only read the first six volumes of Naruto, not because I don't want to read the oothers but because I don't want to get them through the damn library. Um... I was kind of wondering... I'm having problems with downloading the manga chapters so... if anyone could kind of walk me through it I would be extremely grateful, I know how to download the thing itself(just hit the button that says download), but I don't know what to do afterwards. Well, that's it for me at the moment, I'll TTYL.
    -dragonofraven-

Tags:
  2. TDM Toast

Uhh this is the right place, welcome :amuse
    Well if you have winzip, you just unzip them to maybe a folder in documents. Same for WinRAR, if you don't have either, you can just unzip them regularly.

3. dragonofraven Master of elemental knowledge

Yeah, that's the thing, I have no idea how to unzip, what I need is a step by step process, like what to click on before unzipping, what to click on to unzip, whatever, like the title of the thread states, i'm really confused on this stuff.

4. TDM Toast

For me, it already has the file selected, so I just click unzip, can you post a pic of what the problem is?

5. dragonofraven Master of elemental knowledge

Thanks for trying to help, I just found out how to get the pages up, I didn't know they were in a specific file. Oh, there is one thing more that I'd like help on. Do you know any way to get all pages up at once so that I can just flip through them, because t's kind of annoying having to click on each thing to get the page up, and when I hit next it just goes to the same page. If you know any way, I'd like to know, and like I said before thanks for trying to help me. I'll TTYL.

-dragonofraven-

6. vj01 Uchiha VJ

hello and welcome

7. dragonofraven Master of elemental knowledge

Thanks for the welcome, and I have to say that's a nice image.

Um... I'd like to apologize for all my questions(this goes to pretty much everyone reading), there are just a few things I need to know. There's one more I have, just out of curiosity. For those who know, is it possible to download more than one chapter of the manga at once, or do you have to do it one at a time? Again, thank you to everyone who answers, and I once more apologize if my questions annoy you in some way. I'll TTYL.

-dragonofraven-

8. TDM Toast

Uhh, could you define what exactly "pages" is? Once again, this would be a whole lot easier with pics, but either way, I can help.
    No worries, you'll never learn if you don't ask questions.
    Oh yeah, of course, with FireFox at least, but I don't remember if it works for IE.

9. H.F. New Member

I'm New and Confused too!

Hello,

I just signed up for the online downloads too. I understand that I am supposed to click on the highlighted link to the anime I want to watch or look at but, is it supposed to take 21 hrs or so on to download? How long for sure? Am I supposed to have a particular player to download the stuff to?

10. dragonofraven Master of elemental knowledge

Thanks for the info. Now, when I said pages I meant the pages of the manga. The file has all the pages lined up from top to bottom, but I have to click on each to bring it up, and once I click on one I can only read that specific one. I have to close it and click on another page to "flip" through. I was wondering if there was a way to just put all pages on one thing and just hit a next button.

Oh, as for the other newbie, I have no idea how to answer those kind of download questions. If I were you I'd creat your own thread in here to tell people about yourself, then you can ask your questions.

11. TDM Toast

Oh, right click one page, and click preview, then you can use it like a slideshow.
    I take it by downloads you mean direct downloads, which depend soley on your internet connection so there is no sure speed =\ And no, there is no particular software needed to download stuff. If you mean bittorrent, that relies on the speed of the seeds, and obviously you'd need bittorrent.

12. dragonofraven Master of elemental knowledge

Hey, thanks again for the info, I'll try it out. And if it doesn't work well, then, I'm screwed... but thanks again. Hopefully you and I will be able to talk some times, you seem like a nice fella, I like you. I'll TTYL.
    -dragonofraven-

13. TDM Toast

Alright sure, no problem. See ya. :cool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.