1. The first My Hero Academia Banner Contest is here! We are pleased to invite you to participate.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hello Guest,

The Konoha Country Club is hosting its first Poetry Competition!
    The theme of the competition is "What does friendship mean to you?"

If you are interested in entering, please click here.

-- NarutoForums Staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

6. Give NF the love she deserves! Join the NF-chan drawing contest and draw NF as NF-chan now!
    Earn some prizes... and maybe hugs and kisses from the forum herself?!
    CLICK HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  7. [​IMG]

House of Uzumaki has a new banner contest! Please, check here for details and PM your vote.

Dismiss Notice

NEW DC Cinematic Universe Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Comic Book Theatre' started by Arya Stark, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Sir Jogga Duke of Inanity

He’s the one that wanted to introduce Batman. He wasn’t a victim of executive interference, considering he always gushes about BvS in his site

Justice League was a victim of executive interference because of the negative press the movie he made actually got. Just like Man of Steel did.

2. Sir Jogga Duke of Inanity

Superman Returns unironically had a better action scene with the Airplane Scene

3. Skaddix Well-Known Member

Lol you know when they do the Special on what wrong with the DCEU in twenty years its going to be good.

A shitshow replacing Batman with Batgirl and Superman with Supergirl good luck with that.

4. U mad bro Well-Known Member

He was going to introduce Batman. Not cyborg,wonder woman, and flash. The movie went from being about just those two to a justice league advertisement. Also you are naive if you think WB didnt order that. There are multiple articles over the competition of theaters because of Marvel. WB basically point blank said they were doing a hard push.

5. U mad bro Well-Known Member

Superman returns was a boring piece of shit. You tripping hard.:lmao

6. Sir Jogga Duke of Inanity

Snyder literally gushes about it in the Vero Social App. Snyder was never fucked over by WB. Even in Justice League, he only left when he had to deal with some shit due to his daughter commuting suicide.

Yes. Cavil especially was wooden as shit

btw I never argued that Superman Returns was good. That’s a red herring on your part.

7. U mad bro Well-Known Member

He talked about introducing Batman not kickstarting the entire Justice league project. Secondly Justice League ironicly was heavily indoctrinated in Whedon style. People used to fanboy over that style for the avengers until the russo brothers shitted on it with civil war.

Man of steel was through and through a action movie. His performance was perfect for what he was facing. Not only that superman is not that animated of a charcter in his uniform anyways. Plus it was the first film in his arc. I cant believe niggas are so obsessed with every superhero throwing quips.:lmao:

I never said you did. I said you were tripping because that plane save was trash. It was no way comparable to a lot of the iconic moments in man of steel. Like when he pushed back the gravity device .That was the best depiction of superman in action ever filmed live.

8. Sir Jogga Duke of Inanity

None of this contradicts what I said. Snyder wasn’t strong armed into this. The dude actually takes pride in what he did and even gushes about it in his social media account. Can’t believe I have to repeat this
    I don’t need to spend my time trying to convince you here. And it won’t be productive. All of these excuses over Cavill’s shitty acting as Superman is laughable tho (>Downplay Superman’s character just to protect Cavill’s image :lmao) Think whatever you want here :noworries

9. U mad bro Well-Known Member

You sound like a broken record because you are repeating yourself. It was a point blank fact the entire goal of the studio was to rush a justice league film. No matter who did it the shit would still end up a rushed sequence. Not only that his action pieces were actually good. Which is what I see a superhero film for. I honestly dont understand a person who actually enjoys superman as clark kent. We got that movie and it was boring as fuck.:lmao:

Who downplayed superman character nobody. You clearly fall into that demographic who can't handle their films without their superhero telling stand up jokes. He was superman. He waged a war against Kryptonians by himself. There was nothing to joke or smile about. Where in that film could Cavill have performed a stand up show? You are better off watching films like guardians 2 and spiderman homecoming that is clearly your speed :ufdup

10. Bruce Wayne Well-Known Member

His daughter committed suicide so he left. WB wanted to reshoot scenes and Snyder wasn’t available so they brought in Joss Whedon.

12. Bruce Wayne Well-Known Member

I mean now. Like what's his role now after what happened with JL?

13. Sir Jogga Duke of Inanity

Isn’t he listed as a producer for Aquaman?

14. Amol Chief of Wisdom

DC rushed too much.

15. Bruce Wayne Well-Known Member

His wikipedia page lists him as producer for Aquaman, WW2, and The Flash. You would think they would get rid of him after giving him so many chances. :skully

16. Sennin of Hardwork The Greater Fool Moderator

Flag:
    Peru

Someone call Filthy Frank and tell DC to just stop.

18. Ben Grimm Kicking the Hulk's Ass

If DC wants to make into the movie industry like marvel there is a massive plothole. There is this major problem with DC. No its not Superman turning back time or Batgod with prep. There is a character so OP in DC he could probably beat Darkseid by himself, but the plot would never allow it. I am talking about the massive hole that DC fans never address. I am talking about the Flash.

This guy is so overpowered that he is a multiversal threat. Flashpoint paradox, look it up.

In the MCU, Doctor Strange, Thor, and Hulk all got nerfed.

In the DCEU, Flash could have honestly soloed Steppenwulf, when you consider he can move so ridiculously fast that he makes Wonder Woman look like a still object.

CW Flash would have annihilated Green Arrow if not for PIS.

I'm okay with the Flash being faster than Superman. However Time Traveling Flash or FTL Flash would be an unstoppable God and the audience would have to turn of their brains just to believably enjoy the movie. I kept thinking during Flashpoint Paradox, why hasn't the Flash just soloed Darkseid already? Because if the Flash is Too OP, then you honestly don't even need a Justice League.

19. Luck Magic Pudding

Flag:
    Brazil

I dont think u understand how kinetic energy works.

20. Sennin of Hardwork The Greater Fool Moderator

Flag:
    Peru
  21. Sennin of Hardwork The Greater Fool Moderator

Flag:
    Peru

But Superman held his own with Flash's speed, with Supes explicitly moving normally in Flash's slow-motion speed. And I'm pretty sure Steppenwulf tagged him at one point too.

They also basically just ignored the fact the Speed of Hermes along with her training makes Wonder Woman fast enough to spar with Superman, even if she can't quite keep up in a race.
    Spoiler:

I mean she's fought seriously with Yellow Lanterns, Supes and Starfire before.

23. Ben Grimm Kicking the Hulk's Ass

Wonder Woman's best speed feat would be blocking all the fragments of the shattered God zooming in from across the universe. Flash however once took speed of all of Earth and became omnipresent. Flash absolutely trashed Mongul without any power-up.

In the movie however, Flash straight up made Wondy look like a still object.

Steppenwulf was utterly dominated by Supes though, which isn't a good thing.

If they take off the PIS, Flash just wins. And Bruce saw Barry breaking the Speed Force.

If they do decide to make the Flash ridiculous, then it should be as a temporary boost thing. Such as Doctor Strange with Time Gem or Thor with Stormbreaker. I think the same should apply to Superman as well. They need to tone things down.

24. Shiba D. Inu No need to worry

how is Stormbreaker a temporary power-up ?

25. Ben Grimm Kicking the Hulk's Ass

You think Thor is going to be that OP for the rest of the franchise?

26. Shiba D. Inu No need to worry

I think Chris is done after A4 :hmm

27. Ben Grimm Kicking the Hulk's Ass

28. Shiba D. Inu No need to worry

29. Sir Jogga Duke of Inanity

That scan has caused some major trouble for Superman fans because Dwayne McDuffie was of the opinion that Wonder Woman’s reactions made Superman’s pale in comparison, which couldn’t be further from the truth when you actually watch them fight each other.

Also Captain Marvel himself is the one that has the speed of Hermes(Mercury). Diana is blessed by the gods and goddesses.
    Context matters here. Everybody on Earth gave Wally their speed so he could have a leg-up on a Cosmic Bet and outpaced teleportation.

He didn’t become omnipresent. He beat an extra-dimensional signal from reaching earth at basically incomprehensible speed. Kingdom Come Flash, who could “stand still” and be at multiple layers of reality at once because of it, could probably do the same thing.
    Steppenwolf is absolute Fodder in comparison to Supes. This is sadly one of the few things the franchise got right about Superman.

What’s not a good thing is the fact that Steppenwolf was the big bad villain in the first place. They could have done Darkseid or Granny Goodness and her Furies.

30. Ben Grimm Kicking the Hulk's Ass

If you are going to use Steppenwulf as a Big Bad, then they should have amped him up not to be fodder. For example in comics Captain America is no match for Loki, but they dialed Loki down, which is a good thing.

Even dumber is that they left the coolest part of Steppenwulf's character out, his hounds.

What I love about the clip you posted is that Flash admits he can never go that fast again, it was a one time thing.

Personally, if they want to hold off on Darkseid, they should have used Cobi and Starro the Conqueror