1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

3. Voting is open in the KCC Haiku Contest!
    Entries can be found here.
    The poll closes on August 24th at 2:59pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. img
    Dragon Ball Drawing Contest: Black & White Edition.
    Deadline is on August 30th at 11pm UTC
    Dismiss Notice
  5. img
    Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest 6!
    Deadline for entries: September 08th at 1600 EST.
    Dismiss Notice

New Film Theory : ToAru Majutsu no Index takes Place in My Hero Academia

Discussion in 'Akihabara Lounge' started by accountmaker, Aug 13, 2019.

1. accountmaker

Think about! In ToAru, gemstones are considered "natural born espers". Know which other shounen anime has natural born super powered people? Remember how, in the opening of My Hero Academia, it started with one person being born with a quirk?

What if, ToAru actually takes place in the early years of My Hero Academia? Quirk users a.k.a Gemstone espers are starting to show up more and more. The government, noticing this, attempts to create their own espers with Academy City. Eh? EEEHHHHH? Remember how in Index, it was stated that, people who couldn't become espers ("special") resorted to using magic? They weren't gemstones, and couldn't become espers; they weren't special. They had nothing to differentiate themselves; they didn't stand out.

They weren't... QUIRKY.

Tags:
  2. accountmaker

3. Mider T

Flag:
    United States

Espers don't resort to using magicN its hurts them. We see this in Tsuchimikado.

4. accountmaker

Did you not read the goddamn OP? I said people who couldn't BECOME ESPERS. Not level 0s, who are still technically ESPERS.

5. Mider T

Flag:
    United States

Level 0s are Level 0 because their powers either can't be classified or they have none. Normal people are Level 0s. Tsuchimikado only pretends anyway to be for...well you know if you follow the story.

6. accountmaker

No, level 0s are ESPERS who's powers are too weak to detect. While difficult, it is possible for a level 0 to go level 1. I'm talking about NONE ESPERS. People who didn't or couldn't go through the power curriculum program.

Normal people are not level 0s. Level 0s are extremely weak espers. That's like saying whales and sharks are both fish because they live in the ocean. They exhibit similar characteristics, but are fundamentally different.

7. accountmaker

Also, tchuchimikado is a terrible example. You LITERALLY just proved my point. The man is a level 0 with biokinesis. He can't control his power, but it still allows him to regenerate from near fatal wounds over a short period of time.

If he were a "normal person" he'd be dead after feeling the repercussions of using magic, if magic could hurt none espers when used. Fuck, the fact that magic in and of itself can hurt level 0s when used is PROOF that they're not "normal people" because in Index, "normal people" don't get hurt by their own spells.

You shot yourself in the foot.

8. Mider T

Flag:
    United States

This doesn't refute what I said at all.:drake Normal people can't use magic so of course they can't get hurt.

9. accountmaker

No. You said espers didn't resort to using magic because magic hurts them. I said, I only included NONE ESPERS, or people who were unable or unwilling to participate in the power curriculum program, not level 0s, who are fundamentally espers. You then added that level 0s are "normal people", which is where you shot yourself in the foot.

Level 0= esper= superhuman. They might be relatively weak super humans, but they still have powers, and can still technically level up.

A NORMAL HUMAN is someone who ISN'T a level 0. They are a complete none esper. They aren't gemstones. They didn't go to Academy City.

I said IF HUMANS WERE HURT BY MAGIC, they would die, unlike tschumikado, who is A LEVEL 0 ESPER with weak biokenesis.

If you're unable to understand after this post, I will not reply to you.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2019
  10. Mider T

Flag:
    United States

The novels imply that everyone has the capacity to perform "Science" ergo everyone is a Level 0. Only some choose to pursue it though. Not sure what this gemstones nonsense you're going on about is, or why you're yelling.

11. accountmaker

Threads without substance should be closed.