1. Dismiss Notice
  2. OPFC

Are you an artist that loves One Piece? Join the OP Fanart Contest in the Ohara Library!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice

6. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Drinks!
    Dismiss Notice

New Guy to the Scene (To Anime watches and Manga Readers)

Discussion in 'Court of Pure Souls' started by ShadelessNyght, Nov 17, 2005.

1. ShadelessNyght Never Knows Best

I just recently got into watching Bleach, and I find myself definatly loving it from what I have watched up to episode 23 and I'm hooked. My only question is, Should I also start reading the manga as well? Does the Anime closely match itself with the manga like Naruto does to a degree or are they two different things all together?

Tags:
  2. Utz Allure in the Wind

If you want to stay excited and read countless amount of chapters in a few days to where it is now, the manga would be a good choice :amuse hehe. As for the relationship between the two, like most anime, the main dialogue and content between the two are maintained, while adding little bits here and there are a necessity to take up time and add build up in the anime.

3. wolfman_120 One Winged Angel

The Manga is more graphic for the violence in some parts so that is a plus. Also, going for the Manga can make you be included in many more discussions that go around instead of being someone who is like "Who the hell is Grim Jaw???"

4. AbaraiRenji BAN KAI! HIHIOU ZABIMARU!

Yes the manga is definitly worth the read. For the most part it stays the same. In my case i only started reading after whatever episode i had seen, which at the time was back in the 20's almost 30's. If you think you're hooked now you're be even more so the further you go into the series. You'll have to read the manga if you want to get your Bleach fix. yeah check it out!!

5. ichinii30 Member

6. Mori` <blink><font color="#DAA520">Sunshine.</font></bli

I'd recommend the manga, firstly because I know how awesome it is and secondly because if you go with the anime your going to be caught up and wanting more in no time however its likely to hit fillers in 3 months or so, ask yourself whether you mind watching a filler season (or 2 :S), if you are going to want to find out what happens and won;t be patient enough to watch fillers then I'd recommend going ahead and getting caught up on the manga now. If you don;t mind fillers its upto your preference or addiction :p

~m~

7. ten sa zangetsu Member

Like everyone else, I recommend reading the manga. It's farther along than the anime and if you want you can compare it to what happens in the anime. But that's just my two cents.

8. chakra25 Hollow Hunter

The anime team does a really good job in consistency... that's what people say. The only thing I am a bit disappointed in is the slight censorship in the anime. You'll see what I mean when you reach the later episodes. It's no big deal though... only if you're a major perv like me.

9. cinosweiv The Half Blood Bleach

Yeah, finally someone brought this issue up....

Honestly, I think that the graphical drawing in the Manga is very good, even better comparing to the Anime.

10. A3-kun Antw?rpen?r

Read the manga if you don't have the patience to wait for the next anime episodes (like me) :amuse

11. ~ Masamune ~ Old Man Masa

Manga>Anime,(in my opinion) i would recommend you read it,cuz the anime is not really doing a good job in the action scenes,it's really sad there's no motion capture and they totally butchered the soi vs Yoruichi fight...anyways your choice:)

12. monk3 Ryokan Pride

its your choice. if you love bleach that much, then i suggest it. like, i love bleach. but i started out with the manga. i like it alot, but its up to you.

13. ShadelessNyght Never Knows Best

Yeah, thanks guys! Lol ever since Posting since I have been sick and bed ridden for the most part, I have just been watching Bleach. I even decided to forget about watching Naruto since I got so caught up in watching it. I'm on episode 33 now. I plan to watch all the anime up to newest, then just continue where the anime leaves off.

I want to catch up ASAP so I can talk about it and not be way behind like I am. Btw, can anyone tell me in relavince to the newest Bleach episode what chapter/chapters it would be? So I know where I basically need to read around?

14. Azurestrife Bleed, Kurushimi!!

I just got into Bleach this week but Im almost at the end, thats how much I like it. Watched 50 episodes and atm reading chapter 157. I like the Manga alot more than the anime, mostly because the censorship in the anime pisses me off. I would suggest u read first because that way u keep reading to find out what happens and then u watch afterwards to see how the battles look in motion.

15. ShadelessNyght Never Knows Best

Well being sick all week since I last posted I managed to earlier today catch up on all of the episodes. I just need to know by episode 58, what chapter of the manga that would equal to.