1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

New King of Fighters XI High-Res Screenshots

Discussion in 'NF Archives' started by Rain2, Jul 9, 2005.

1. Just added them today. The sprites are filtered (a lazy step forward), but the backgrounds are really nice. I hope this game gives SNK the recognition it diserves, Im tired of SF Fanboys :p - Garou shoulda put SNK on the spot. I cant wait for the PS2 version of that.

Tags:
  2. Haohmaru

If you have a modded ps2 get this game cause it's really good. You can get it here

3. Astronaut

I own with Mai.

when is it coming out?
    I know KOF 06 is preorderable.

4. Haohmaru

It's coming out the 22nd this month but it's already available via torrent ( )

5. Astronaut

I don't have a modded ps2.
    I only have a freeloader for zee Gamecube so I could play Naruto.

its coming out the 22nd in Japan or USA?
    cause I have seen a preorder scue for it over at Gamestop yet.

6. Zouri

^ I assume Japan, but I'm not entirely sure. I seriously hope it's U.S.

I got to play this game in an arcade recently. It was so awesome. Basically, it was pretty much everything that you love about 2D fighters done right.

The only problem is that the arcade I played it in is 2 hours away. I need to find a closer one. I want to play this game again!

7. Haohmaru

It's in Japan of course. Don't think any 2d SNK fighters are coming out in the us anymore. I read something about sony usa not supporting 2d snk fighters.

8. Kaaspeer

I wanted to say all the new 3D king of fighters games are crap but seeing them go back to sprites is awesome!

9. Haohmaru

I played this all day long today and I must say it's pretty good. Much better then the crappy Kof 2003. The gameplay is really good. The combo's in the game are a little over the top but still good. One combo can be almost fatal because you can swap/cancel/dreamcancel in a combo. My new favorite Oswald. He playes fuckng awesome. He has lots of combo's and his follow ups are really cool too. He can combo his qcb lp/sp into a qcf sk/lk and then supercancel the combo in the air. His LDM is damaging as well. In combo with the LDM in it takes 6/10 of you bar easily.
    Anyway I really enjoy playing this, I will continue tomorrow and try some more combo's.

10. Tone

Ive been playing this in the arcades since around December or January, and I can safely say that this is possibly the best KOF ever. (even though old schoolers will say 98 is better, but I dont blame them)

The only problem is that theres some balance gayness at the top... Kula, Gato, Oswald, Eiji dominate... But it's not to the point where nobody else will stand a chance, unlike some games (YES MVC2, IM LOOKING AT YOU)

Saving shift, man. It helps :(

My only question about the PS2 port is about the unlockable characters. Are they still released by gameplay time? I dont want to take forever to unlock Gai and Adelheid :(

11. ExoSkel

This series went down the toilet since Maximum Impact. I wouldn't get hyped over this...

12. Ssj3_Goku

King of Fighters 2001 and 2003 i still play on my emu there great games :)

13. Haohmaru

Nope the extra characters are really easy to unlock. You unlock the mid-bosses when you fight against them (I don't know the criteria's to fight each mid-boss though). You get the NGBC characters by doing the challenge missions, they're really easy so no problem.

And yeah Duo K save shifting is the only one to get out of trouble. I started training with Oswald yesterday and I can easily beat 6/10 to 7/10 in 1 combo. Oswald is a MONSTER that's all I can say. Eiji is mad too. His moves have priority and his combo's are really easy to do. I'm not a Kula player but from what I've seen from match videos she looks really dangerous. Anyway Kof XI is a great game, one of the best KOF yet.

What the fuck are you talking about. We're talking about 2D KOF not 3d. I don't even count the 3d shit to the KOF series. To me KOF 2003 was a big dissapointentment but they made it up with KOF XI IMO smile-big

14. Champloon

CMON!
    All i have to say is Terry Boggard all the FREAKIN way

15. Duy Nguyen

I was kind of excited when they announced this games, but after watching countless match videos, it got kinda stale really. Maybe it's just me and my bias against KoF games.

Like said before Gato, Oswald, Eiji, and Kula rapes everyone. Props to Terry for being badass though, once again. Atleast they didn't pull a KoF2k3 with Duo Lon.

16. Haohmaru

The game is pretty balanced Duy. Yeah the combo's in the game are really mad but you can save shift. Some char. are really high tier but every game has their high tier char. I'm having a blast with the game. There really is a massive amount of different combo's you can find using shift combo's. Ex-Kyo is a beast in KOF XI. His combo's are really easy to connect. His moves has high priority and his super is really easy to hit to. His forward b is really good, hit two times.
    Anyway I'm will be playing this for a while together with SF3:3rd strike.

17. ExoSkel

Start talking shit after the game is released. Fact that Maximum Impact was a KoF game, I don't have hype over this. Judge this game after the game is released and the reviews are up. Untill then, I don't have any god damn hype over this.

18. Haohmaru

Dude I'm playing the game right now at home. I've been playing it for 2 days now. That's why I can give an opinion about it. You on the other hand compare 3d KOF to 2d KOF. 3d KOF isn't KOF IMO. It's just some ugly 3d fighting game that has the name KOF.

19. Chamcham Trigger

Well KoF MI wasn't that great of a game, but it's not bad on its own merit, whenever I play games like that, I try not to compare it to a faithful reproduction of its 2d counterpart.....and KOF 11 was okay, but neowave was better imo, though 98 or should I say dream match 99 (the DC version of kof 98), still stands as my all time fravorite KoF game, but once I figure out how to use the decryptor thing you gave me, then I'll test this one out.

20. Haohmaru

It's really easy chamcham, just go to Mode then ISO then put it to Write. Leave the rest as it is. Then unpack the winrar file and load the ISO via dvd decryptor and burn with a low speed (between 1 and 4 kb I guess). I've never had problems with it.
    KOF XI is better then KOF neowave IMO. But just like you my favorite is still KOF '98 :)

21. Tone

Dude, KOFXI got released mid 2005 in arcades... It can be judged. I've been playing this game for about 6 months now, myself. o_O

22. Duy Nguyen

Man...game has been out for a really long time now, with a handful of high level match videos. I think we have the rights to start talking smack or praise it.

Also I think Neowave is kooler than XI, have you seen the sick Andy Bogard combos? So cool, I might learn it.....might....cause KoF sucks, :p .

23. Chamcham Trigger

You and your anti Kof sentiments....that's where our opinions on fighting games differ I guess :laugh.

I'm seriously pissed off at how they could annex andy bogard from Kof now. From 94 all the way to 02 and then they get rid of them? Fuck them for that. Seriously. I don't even use him, but respected the fact that he was a vet...plus my brother would kick my ass with him all the time :S....but anyway, neowave rocked because it brought him back in the dream match, as well as a lot of other people that they took or eventually took out.

24. Haohmaru

You're clearly a SF/capcom fan. IMO KOF (95/97/98) are better then most of the SF games. Alpha 2 and 3 come close to them. Only SF better then KOF is SF3:3rd Strike (best fighting game IMO). But KOF isn't all SNK has, don't forgot about the fatal fury series. The Real bouts are pretty good (real bout and real bout 2 are really good IMO). Garou is a masterpiece too.
    How come you don't like KOF's, you seem like a good played judging from your comments. Don't you like the combo system of the games, or is the game to fast pased or something? What don't you like about it?

I agree, why the hell would they leave Andy out of the game. Andy has alwasy been one of my favorite char. so was Joe. Terry, Kim and Duck, what the hell is that team. I don't know what team that tries to represent but it's a bad combination (though Kim is a monster in KOF XI). They really should leave the fatal fury team (Terry, Andy, Joe), it's a classic combination that always worked smile-big

25. Tone

Rather than see Terry/Andy/Joe again, I'd rather see a Shiranui team on the next go... Andy/Mai/Hokotumaru would be awesome.

26. Haohmaru

Nagh man, Terry/Andy/Joe is a classic team that always worked with me. 3 totally different characters and styles. Shiranui team could be cool but that would fuck up the time lines :S

Last edited: Jun 26, 2006
  27. Tone