1. The NF Anime Awards for 2017 are out! Go check them out here!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice

new meme

Discussion in 'Chatterbox: Vice City' started by afgpride, Jan 12, 2016.

1. afgpride Retired Staff

Flag:
    Canada

Tags:
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. Seraphiel nah

I've been considering becoming Muslim for weeks now and the reason for that is exploitation of non-white atheists (especially very individualistic types) and ingroup solidarity linked to genetics. Those (except atheism) are clubs you're born into and can't integrate. The only way to do that would be the most extreme redesign of fundamental genetics. I may see these as primitive and too below me to care about from a natural science point of view, but I would have to ignore political reality at my peril...turns out literally.

The root of this current thinking process takes me back to 2013, when I realised my name and race and overall identity spreads far and overlaps multiple identities. This removed fear of other races who are intrinsically biased?against me. It didn't matter that the system from which people (BTW, so-called lawmaking/enforcing rational types) are supposed to operate should've weeded out such primitive biases. Not much I can do to stop these biases unfortunately. The thickness of my identity was too insignificant for people to identify with and there were times when I overlapped with rival groups (for the interest of maximum fairness) that became too much for chimp-level irrational types.

I've been so individualistic, unlike the wellshare community, that any error I made had enormous gravity?I am responsible for all my mistakes. When a Muslim or a white person makes a mistake, failure is distributed amongst enormous quantity of people. Unlike many of them, I can't say not all mes since there is only one me. When my identity makes a mistake, the outrage hits me with maximum force and that is exploited by all the ingroups. It would be easier to have a thicker identity. I know this doesn't quite make sense given how much shit the Muslims have to take. Being a part of many has its strengths because it removes doubt from people's minds and people think I'm Muslim anyway. Certainty > uncertainty. I'd have to simply develop a thick skin. So much easier than forever telling people than I am not Muslim and wondering whether they believe me. Explicit attacks can be protected against unlike implicit. It is making my life hell! Saying I'm Muslim won't have a painful affect on me if it is true. Just sick of the voodoo of attaching my identity to people and then attacking them.

So...in order to minimise damage to myself, I am considering conversion to a religion. I have no faith in deities but I am compelled to belong to a group I can't escape. I am not free and if attempted to be, the political world would?indeed IS?come down hard on me. I don't have the will to fight millions of years of evolution, the construction of genetics-based social groups and religious groups.

It is sad that I have to even contemplate this. We're approaching mid 21st century! It hurts that I have to conform to a group and their attitudes and control mechanisms on top of the national laws that already manage us to some degree. I have to be a dumb stereotype to avoid confusion and isolation which expose me to political predators. All I wanted was social and intellectual freedom! :(

3. afgpride Retired Staff

Flag:
    Canada
    I've been considering becoming Muslim for weeks now and the reason for that is exploitation of non-white atheists (especially very individualistic types) and ingroup solidarity linked to genetics. Those (except atheism) are clubs you're born into and can't integrate. The only way to do that would be the most extreme redesign of fundamental genetics. I may see these as primitive and too below me to care about from a natural science point of view, but I would have to ignore political reality at my peril...turns out literally.

The root of this current thinking process takes me back to 2013, when I realised my name and race and overall identity spreads far and overlaps multiple identities. This removed fear of other races who are intrinsically biased—against me. It didn't matter that the system from which people (BTW, so-called lawmaking/enforcing rational types) are supposed to operate should've weeded out such primitive biases. Not much I can do to stop these biases unfortunately. The thickness of my identity was too insignificant for people to identify with and there were times when I overlapped with rival groups (for the interest of maximum fairness) that became too much for chimp-level irrational types.

I've been so individualistic, unlike the wellshare community, that any error I made had enormous gravity—I am responsible for all my mistakes. When a Muslim or a white person makes a mistake, failure is distributed amongst enormous quantity of people. Unlike many of them, I can't say not all mes since there is only one me. When my identity makes a mistake, the outrage hits me with maximum force and that is exploited by all the ingroups. It would be easier to have a thicker identity. I know this doesn't quite make sense given how much shit the Muslims have to take. Being a part of many has its strengths because it removes doubt from people's minds and people think I'm Muslim anyway. Certainty > uncertainty. I'd have to simply develop a thick skin. So much easier than forever telling people than I am not Muslim and wondering whether they believe me. Explicit attacks can be protected against unlike implicit. It is making my life hell! Saying I'm Muslim won't have a painful affect on me if it is true. Just sick of the voodoo of attaching my identity to people and then attacking them.

So...in order to minimise damage to myself, I am considering conversion to a religion. I have no faith in deities but I am compelled to belong to a group I can't escape. I am not free and if attempted to be, the political world would—indeed IS—come down hard on me. I don't have the will to fight millions of years of evolution, the construction of genetics-based social groups and religious groups.

It is sad that I have to even contemplate this. We're approaching mid 21st century! It hurts that I have to conform to a group and their attitudes and control mechanisms on top of the national laws that already manage us to some degree. I have to be a dumb stereotype to avoid confusion and isolation which expose me to political predators. All I wanted was social and intellectual freedom! :(

4. MAD crescendo

Catdank Faction:
    that just might be the most pathetic, hideously convoluted, obscenely idiotic thing i've seen in a long time

such a peurile paroxysm of a post, spawned by such a preposterous predilection, can only be a sign of mental illness

get help

5. Trinity temporarily a deadministrator

that just might be the most pathetic, hideously convoluted, obscenely idiotic thing i've seen in a long time

such a peurile paroxysm of a post, spawned by such a preposterous predilection, can only be a sign of mental illness

get help

6. Buskuv The thing which Solomon overlooked Retired Staff

would guffaw again

7. Seraphiel nah

10/10 post-modern psycho babble

would guffaw again

8. afgpride Retired Staff

Flag:
    Canada
    It is sad that I have to even contemplate this. We're approaching mid 2016! It hurts that I have to conform to a group and their attitudes and control mechanisms on top of the national laws that already manage us to some degree. I have to be a dumb stereotype to avoid confusion and isolation which expose me to political predators. All I wanted was social and intellectual freedom!

9. afgpride Retired Staff

Flag:
    Canada
    10/10 post-modern psycho babble

would guffaw again

10. scerpers Yuukan't be serious

Spoiler:
    to drop off his backpack near those groups of people.

11. Buskuv The thing which Solomon overlooked Retired Staff

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.

12. Seraphiel nah

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.

13. Buskuv The thing which Solomon overlooked Retired Staff

Hearing the difference now isn’t the reason to encode to FLAC. FLAC uses lossless compression, while MP3 is ‘lossy’. What this means is that for each year the MP3 sits on your hard drive, it will lose roughly 12kbps, assuming you have SATA – it’s about 15kbps on IDE, but only 7kbps on SCSI, due to rotational velocidensity. You don’t want to know how much worse it is on CD-ROM or other optical media.

I started collecting MP3s in about 2001, and if I try to play any of the tracks I downloaded back then, even the stuff I grabbed at 320kbps, they just sound like crap. The bass is terrible, the midrange…well don’t get me started. Some of those albums have degraded down to 32 or even 16kbps. FLAC rips from the same period still sound great, even if they weren’t stored correctly, in a cool, dry place. Seriously, stick to FLAC, you may not be able to hear the difference now, but in a year or two, you’ll be glad you did.

14. MAD crescendo

Catdank Faction:

15. Trinity temporarily a deadministrator

Hearing the difference now isn’t the reason to encode to FLAC. FLAC uses lossless compression, while MP3 is ‘lossy’. What this means is that for each year the MP3 sits on your hard drive, it will lose roughly 12kbps, assuming you have SATA – it’s about 15kbps on IDE, but only 7kbps on SCSI, due to rotational velocidensity. You don’t want to know how much worse it is on CD-ROM or other optical media.

I started collecting MP3s in about 2001, and if I try to play any of the tracks I downloaded back then, even the stuff I grabbed at 320kbps, they just sound like crap. The bass is terrible, the midrange…well don’t get me started. Some of those albums have degraded down to 32 or even 16kbps. FLAC rips from the same period still sound great, even if they weren’t stored correctly, in a cool, dry place. Seriously, stick to FLAC, you may not be able to hear the difference now, but in a year or two, you’ll be glad you did.

16. Moira 「 Are You Finished? 」

This doesn't even make sense.

Why would he drop it off?

How is he supposed to get his 72 virgins then?

17. Seraphiel nah

18. afgpride Retired Staff

Flag:
    Canada

19. MAD crescendo

Catdank Faction:

20. afgpride Retired Staff

Flag:
    Canada

21. Seraphiel nah

22. afgpride Retired Staff

Flag:
    Canada
    The songs of the Beatles were equipped with fairly vapid lyrics at a time when hordes of singer songwriters and bands were trying to say something intelligent. The Beatles' lyrics were tied to the tradition of pop music, while rock music found space, rightly or wrongly, for psychological narration, anti-establishment satire, political denunciation, drugs, sex and death.

23. Seraphiel nah

The songs of the Beatles were equipped with fairly vapid lyrics at a time when hordes of singer songwriters and bands were trying to say something intelligent. The Beatles' lyrics were tied to the tradition of pop music, while rock music found space, rightly or wrongly, for psychological narration, anti-establishment satire, political denunciation, drugs, sex and death.

24. Araragi <b><i>loneliness is a wave</i></b>

25. afgpride Retired Staff

Flag:
    Canada
    Asalamoe Alaykoem dear muslim brothers and sisters!

And hallo to all other Naruto fans from all around the world!

My dua is always to be able to walk in konoha when insha'Allah i will enter paradise after death will come upon me. Every time i think of naruto or watch it i get a special feeling a feeling that i cannot subscribe in words. It's love for all the things in the world. Can you guys imagine a world like Jiraiya wanted to have.

26. Seraphiel nah

Asalamoe Alaykoem dear muslim brothers and sisters!

And hallo to all other Naruto fans from all around the world!

My dua is always to be able to walk in konoha when insha'Allah i will enter paradise after death will come upon me. Every time i think of naruto or watch it i get a special feeling a feeling that i cannot subscribe in words. It's love for all the things in the world. Can you guys imagine a world like Jiraiya wanted to have.

27. Zaru ________________________________ Retired Staff

Catdank Faction:
    Hallo!
    My name is Sarath, and I'm evidently a person whose parents didn't care to think a decent name for...
    In real life I'm a 23-years-old Architect girl with a wild crush over Gaara.
    And on the internet... I'm a 23-years-old professional troll, meme generator, doing youtuber internship...

I love classical music, which I have training at... (I'm a mezzosoprano).
    I love arts in general, excepting that bs so called "modern art".
    Amateur plastic artist, rock vocalist and novel writer.
    My motherlanguage is Spanish, but I'm fluent in English, Italian, French and Catalonian.
    In any case, feel free to talk to me in your native languages, I really love learning new languages and meeting people overseas.

My favorite characters are Gaara, Sai & his brother (Shin), all the Akatsuki, and all the girls from the new generation.
    I don't preach hate towards any character...
    I don't dislike any character deeply, actually...
    But I like Danzo, Madara and Sasuke the LESS.

~Atte: #Gaara_Of_Le_Doom_愛
    (that's the way you'll find me as moderator of Facebook communities...)

PS: My Itachi plushie is an alcoholic...

29. Freechoice Freechoice

30. Stelios Life is a dream

Russia
    Maybe his lucky number is 72