1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

new music video!

Discussion in 'Anime Music Videos' started by shigoga, Aug 2, 2005.

1. shigoga

tell me what u think...

download from here

Tags:
  2. Chas3265

The divx logo was kind of annoying and it looks like you only used 1 episode. I'd give it a 2/5.

3. strosek

2/5 is about right...don't cut and past stuff into the timeline...spend about a month working a AMV. and get more footage...

4. MechaTC

Your video wasn't terrible at all, but it could be better. You had some great scene choice and synchs. To remove the divx logo, all you have to do is go into your start menu and then go to DivX -> DivX Codec -> Decoder Configuration Utility. Then in the utility, click on the toolbar tab. Then uncheck the box next to "Show DivX logo watermark." Boom, no more divx logo.

Some other suggestions; show a change of perspective in multiple cuts at each scene you use. This makes your video seems faster paced and offers you more chances to synch. Generally, showing something for more than a couple seconds slows down the video and has the viewer thinking "ok...now what?" you have to keep them interested.

Overall I thought your video was better than the average stuff you usually see when downloading amv's. I give it a 3/5

5. A2L

Ok first off, that wasn't bad.

For using just one episode you did it nicely. Your synching was pretty much on with a few nice scene choices. There were a few parts taht I felt the scenes didn't go with the lyrics but hey, that's why you make your amv's and I make mine right?

Maybe I like your video better than the other people who've posted because I used the same arc with the same band... lol =/

check it out, you might like it (forgive the blue screen at the end tho)

Anyways, I'll rewatch it a couple more times tomorrow cuz I have to get ready for sleep since I have be at work by 6am ... damnit. But my biggest grief with it was all personal preference, I just would have done some scenes differently and maybe sped some parts up by cutting the clips shorter as Mecha stated... but I think you fit the song quite well and did nice, especially for just using one episode's worth of footage.

3/5 props dude.

6. strosek

heh...I want to know what program he is useing. and how many days he spent on that.

7. MechaTC

I'm guessing WMM 2.0 and anywhere from 5-20 hours. But that shouldn't matter. I busted out a fairly decent AMV in 9 hours using WMM 2.0

8. A2L

I've only used WMM since I haven't upgraded my comp... it's a decent program... I've toyed aruond with Premiere here and there... never did much because I've been too broke for too long to upgrade my comp to use it properly... but it definitly has a lot more to offer.

As long as you can edit, have the footage, willing to spend some time, and have the most important thing: an idea... you can do a really good video despite what program you have. I always believe in Substance of Style.. but hey if the style helps the substance, more power to you.

9. strosek

Well, I am on a mac... how ever and I am not sure if I can post this BUT. to anyone that wants it. I have a legit lic of adobe Premiere Pro 1.0 I will sell the lic for $100 U.S I have a full ver of Premiere...we will have to call adobe to have in trans. over in your name.

R/strosek

Ps-can you link me to this video of 9 hours? I would like to see it

Last edited: Aug 4, 2005
  10. Cloud_20