1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

New smiley time! (Genma with his pick)

Discussion in 'Art Lounge' started by DoubleBlade, Jun 20, 2005.

1. DoubleBlade Master of the Smiley

New smiley time! (Genma with his pick and death gods)

Well i've been gone awhile, and havent made any new smileys...but after returning ive seen other people have made some and they are quite good
    so i thought i'd get back into the mix with a smiley ppl wanna see

Genma spitting his pick

Expect more soon, and post any requests if u wanna see more stuff...enjoy

Last edited: Jun 20, 2005
    Tags:
  2. Rendan Flames of Freedom

Awesome man. it looks great!! Very good job.
    One day you could try a Shinigami one:D
    *reps anyway*

3. DoubleBlade Master of the Smiley

You mean one of the Death Gods from Bleach, or that technique that the 3rd uses on Orochi...come on give me some ideas
    im bored as bat-shit

anyway thanks

4. jkingler J. Kinglecrab, Esq.

An awesome gif would be: Gai releasing some gates and charging up like lee, in order to become...a fatter, blacker version of himself: Black Gai :bgai

5. Rendan Flames of Freedom

I was refearing to the Bleach ones. But man, you have a great idea with the 3rd's Technnique.!!! Try it please!!!
    :shoked

6. DoubleBlade Master of the Smiley

well since no1 really seems to be here...i think i might have a go at making a bleach death god...maybe ichigo with his big ass sword...ill prob just edit the death god smiley thats made by the other guy...just make it better :D

7. Rendan Flames of Freedom

But someday you must try the one you said. That of the 3rd's technique!!

8. Urban cloudy

Make renji =o

9. DoubleBlade Master of the Smiley

well after editing the death god that skmt999 created...so that it looks better and more correct, i have begun making ichigo....and renji...u'll be seeing them soon

10. DoubleBlade Master of the Smiley

well ask and you shall receive...2 fine smiley death gods
    ichigo...and renji...both looking good

i might have a crack at the shinigami that the 3rd summons....but i cant find any pics
    anyway let me know what u think

11. skmt999 4th Division Captain

Wonderful! (I know a few people who will be VERY glad to see Genma)
    The Bleach dudes are awesome, too.

I make Hitsugaya shorter than the standard giffie because from what I understand, the character is short. It may have just messed up how the giffie looked, unfortunately.
    I had a horrible time with his hair, though. I just stink at doing hair.
    Thanks for taking over the Bleach requests. I haven't seen or read much of the series, and I'm not too comfortable doing characters I know little about. I had to do some quick research for the ones I did. Fortunately I found plenty of good art to base it from. :laugh

12. DoubleBlade Master of the Smiley

Thanks...i no plenty of ppl who wanted the Genma...so it seemed a logical choice to do
    ill happily do any leach characters...bleach is awesome...maybe better than naruto

yea i noticed you have a bit of trouble with hair...espceially when i zoomed in on them
    one thing i noticed overall is that you try to do too much with them...try keep em as simple as possible...i only use 2 shades for clothes and 3 for hair

if others have requests just put them here or message me...im gonnabe here alot for awhile so ill be responding quick most of the time

13. Rendan Flames of Freedom

Both look awesome, very good job. and for the summoning you could try to look for a screen capture of that episode

14. Urban cloudy

Renji should swing zabimaru =o

15. Eden Prime Tangible Mediums.

Awww! Cute little thingies! Genma shoots his needle-pick sideways, new skillZ!

16. DoubleBlade Master of the Smiley

might do renji pulling out his sword
    but urban...u heard of manners...like a please or thank you...how about commenting on what i make...until then u get jack all

anyway im gonna make a little funny with naruto farting...should be interesting...i wanna try make more funny smileys...cuz making them doing techniques and stuff is pretty useless lot of the time...but ill still make em

17. Blue Well-Known Member Supporting Staff Retired Staff

That Genma is the tightest thing EVER.

*has no requests, just wants to sit back and enjoy whatever*

18. Sayo The Hedgehog

guess you we're away for a long time, NF has been filled with greedy unthankfull punks :O

*sit's back and enjoys 2*

19. DoubleBlade Master of the Smiley

yea i was away for awhile...oh well...thanks for the comments...from those who DID comment
    anyway heres the one of naruto farting....its lacking something...but i dunno what
    i think it needs a better fart cloud...lol

20. Urban cloudy

Oh, my apologies. You caught me in a bad mood.
    Sprites are awesome =o
    especially the renji one. thanks =/

21. DoubleBlade Master of the Smiley

sorry for the DP...but i think it deserves it...just had a quick and easy idae for a smiley
    it might be useful for : bored smiley...maybe

edit: just letting you know i edited the ichigo and renji to make them more correct...go see...or look here :p

double edit:
    new ichigo...hes not happy...with you

Last edited: Jun 21, 2005
  22. kaitenjyuuken Byakuganist

can you make a Renji-releasing-his-bankai smiley? :)

23. MechaTC Mike, The Genius Penguin

*still wants an animated neji* ^_^;;

24. Nan Desu Ka Jrock Addict

the renji one rocks! is there anyway he could like pull out his sword and make it extend? if that's even possible that'd be like the best giffie ever!!!

25. theoneandonly is back to his origin

26. skmt999 4th Division Captain

Aha! Great stuff.
    I love the relieved look on Naruto's face after he lets loose his bomb. - maybe you could just have the fart frame last for two or three frames, it seems so fast compared to the rest.

Anyway - I absolutely love Kakashi swinging that kunai!

---
    In other news: we have a request. I'm going to post it here for you to mull over.
    I was asked to do a Yondaime doing Rasengan.
    I figure you can do this if you want to, or since it's another Jutsu giffie, you could give me the go ahead, and I'd just whip up a fast one from a still shot of your Yondaime in the breeze, and Jiraiya doing Rasengan. I feel bad enough about using your bases to begin with, so I'm handing the request more or less over to you.
    (and I told the requestor so)

(....I'd like an animated Neji, too.... but moving characters from their standing position is a bitch, so I'm not going to do it....)

27. Gooba Join us

The Bleach ones look great. Excellent job with the Genma one too, it's just awesome.

Any luck with Vegeta's hair?

28. Oujisama ★~평화의날~★

Lol thats awesome. Make more!!

29. DoubleBlade Master of the Smiley

i got that 4th rasengan request as well...you can do it if u want....but it would be really simple for me to make since i had it all seperate and can put it together in a minute...you could have a go at making a different looking rasengan....thanks for the tip on the fart 2

gooba i did a quick go at vegeta...didnt do the shading on the hair though....its not too bad....i noticed you didnt use any shades on the clothes or anything....so i did quick shade job...

it seems renji's popular...so i might give him some animation...pulling out his sword then making it transform
    and i wanna do one of ichigo showing his "resolve" where he glows with his sword in the air

the main reason i havent done a neji is that it requires so many new frames for kaiten...cuz he spinds...so id have to create a shot from side...back...plus others to make it smooth animation...but its on my list

edit: should i make the 4th rasengan with him as hokage or jounin?

30. skmt999 4th Division Captain

Well, if you've still got the parts, it's probably fastest for you to do. I can still make an attempt if you don't want to do it. Personally, I'd rather see Yondie doing something original, rather than another rasengan gif. Like having Yondie throw his forky kunai across the screen and then this yellow blur before he appears right next to his funny kunai. Yeah. But that can wait.
    (edit) Hokage or Jounin? Um, good question. Maybe the guy who requested it has a preference. Probably Hokage version..... *shrugs*

I had an idea on Neji. If we used the 'dome' effect to cover most of his frame when he does his big thing, then all we'd need would be one or two half profile shots before the dome kicks in fully. Then a few 'deflect' motions from within the dome, and woo! A barrage of weapons, and a final frame of him standing in a crater and it's done. Probably just as much work as the other, but fewer bitchy rotating profile and back shots. I hate profile shots. They allways end up messed up when I try them. It's the hair again. I just can't shape it right. Anyways, just an idea. I can give it a try.... but I'm pretty sure it's beyond my skills right now. Maybe in a couple of months. :laugh

Speaking of hair, looks a lot better^