1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are pleased to invite you to participate in the Naruto Battledome Banner Contest.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice

Next to die?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by UbiquitousNinja, Jun 3, 2007.

Who's next?

Poll closed Jul 23, 2007.
  1. Naruto

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Sasuke

3 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. Sakura

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Kakashi

2 vote(s)
    5.6%
  5. Yamato

11 vote(s)
    30.6%
  6. Sai

2 vote(s)
    5.6%
  7. Kiba

2 vote(s)
    5.6%
  8. Shino

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Hinata

2 vote(s)
    5.6%
  10. Nobody

14 vote(s)
    38.9%
  1. UbiquitousNinja New Member

Post time skip, we've had one "good guy" from before the time skip per story arc get killed (technically Chiyo mitigated Gaara's death, but by all rights he should have died.)

I believe this is a trend that will continue, and I spend my days before the weekly chapter release wondering who of this crop will be slain this story arc.

I doubt I'm alone in this...

So, in my opinion, here are my rankings of the likelihood of each of the characters biting it this arc.

No way in hell:
    Naruto
    Sasuke

Snowball's chance in Hell
    Sakura
    Kakashi

The new guys(Would anybody notice if they died?):
    Yamato
    Sai

Team8:
    Kiba
    Shino
    Hinata

My vote, is for Hinata to die. She's still got the childish crush on Naruto, something that wouldn't last into adulthood anyway.

Right now though, she's devoted to Naruto, and she's determined enough that she's likely to put herself into a dangerous situation for him.

Killing her off opens up the romantic possibilities. And most of all, she's popular enough that her death would have an impact on the readers.

Besides, if her personality hasn't changed at all over the timeskip, she probably isn't going to later on. She's a stock character, who isn't meant to mature into an adult.

Tags:
  2. Shinigami Perv Go Hawks!

Yamato for sure... he isnt needed anymore

3. Denji Noctis Lucis Caelum

None of Team 8 will die. If anyone, it's Yamato.

4. Yakushi Kabuto Socks Activate! Shape of a

I agree that Yamato will definitely be the next one to die, partially because there wouldn't be any deep connections to deal with, but also because it would mean Naruto would have to learn to control the Kyuubi better.

5. Final Giku Tenshou Done with Naruto

Yamato goes POOF. That's all there is to it, the guy served his purpose, it's time for Naruto to learn how to control the Kyuubi on his own, he's got to if he ever wants to be successful at anything, he can't keep relying on others forever, and I hope Kishi implements that fact by the end of this arc when Yamato is dead, if he dies. It would be a great slap to the face for Naruto, saying "WAKE UP! You've got to take control of your life yourself! Not let some demon run it for you!"

6. Darkhope ヽ(;▽;)ノ

No one.

If anyone: An Akatsuki or Kakashi.

7. Tyrannos Living a Life

Sai, Yamato, Gai, Kakashi, Jiraiya, and Tsuande are the only characters that are likely to die.

Jiraiya and Tsunade will most likely go out protecting Konoha and or Naruto.

Kakashi won't die in combat, but die by using Chiyo's Jutsu to revive Naruto or Sasuke.

Sai and Yamato won't die until the resolution of things with Danzou. Remember Yamato is Sai's sensei (Yamato had the Sensei's mask at the Hot Springs).

8. Halcyon Dreamz Arsonist Choir

As sad as I am to say this, it's probably Yamato :(

9. YamiHikari 0-0

Off that list? Nobody. Maybe eventually Yamato. But if anyone is going down next it's more Atkatsuki.

10. Smoke ▄█▀ █▄ █▄█ ▀█▀

i think the next to die is yammamamamamammototo

11. Blanco Big whoop!

From that list, I choose Yamato. I would not like to see no other from that list die.

12. Nakiro Narutimate Hero

Nobody is going to die, this isn't Naruto's arc, it's more of Sasuke's arc, so if anyone dies. It will be someone from Hebi.
    Akatsuki's death is inevitable... except Tobi, he's allowed to break every rule in the manga.

13. UbiquitousNinja New Member

I didn't mean the list as a vote for who you want to die, but for who was most likely to die in the current story arc.

Yamato seems too easy to me. Gaara's "death" and Asuma's death both had shock value. Yamato is meh.

14. No More Flowers Rūvuru is [U.y.B]

Naruto will kill Hinata next time he goes KN4.

15. naruto_bruin Jedi Master

I don't think any of the people you listed are going to die.

16. AbnormallyNormal 1 + 2 + 3 = 1 * 2 * 3

i think kakashi, he just seems unnecessary now, like his time is up, he's used his purpose.... he is weaker than naruto basically so what is his point, hopefully tobi kills him

17. InNeverland Is One Who Obsesses Too Much.

I think Kakashi. Which will make me so sad. :(

18. Franckie Shinigami Chop

I don't expect any Konoha shinobi to die in the current arc, especially not the chuunins.

19. Sorrow-Tear's Champion Fair and Biased

I'd have to say Yamato. I can't see a Team 7 confrontation with Sasuke with him instead of Kakashi there. Plus he's staring at the craziest sob in the manga right now.

20. AbnormallyNormal 1 + 2 + 3 = 1 * 2 * 3

but why would kabuto attack yamato, he just gave them a present?

21. BowL <font color="#AA5303">Sand Surfer</font>

I dont really see anybody dying in this arc. Except Dara, I am expecting Sasuke to own him in a few moves, then tobi goes "Yo son, calm down, im your uncle!" Then takes off the mask and BAM Obito is back. All this happens right when Kakashi gets there to see Obito.

22. Lainex9 Cutie!

the next Akatsuki member to die will be Kisame.

think about it. everyone with left-hand rings have died, except for him. hes next. in Italy theirs a saying about the left side being sinister(i dunno my ballet teacher said something along these lines) and all of them have had some kind of "immortality jutsu." Kisame probably lies in his enormous chalkra reserve. all the right-hand ring Akatsuki members have more importance to the story line, more so since two of them have yet to be relived.

oh and don't expect anyone to die with the expecting fights soon to happen. if anything expect a series of dialog chapters soon after these fights that gives back stories to Hidan and Kakuzu orgins and their last names and well as clans and countries they came from in the book Kabuto gave to naurto. the book will revile more than just Akatsuki's plans. most importantly it will be a counter-pnj device that will add tons of drama to the series.

23. phoenix193 Member

Hang on...who died in that first Orochimaru/Sasuke arc post-timeskip? I can't for the life of me remember ANYONE dying there...

But if I had to pick one member from off that list, I'd sadly have to go with Yamato.

24. ~ Son of SPARDA ~ Active Member

How about we change the trend and have a bad guy die this time around??? I nominate Deidara...

25. UbiquitousNinja New Member

Ahh, you win there. Personally, I considered that more of an interlude between Akatsuki chapters, but that just gets us into a semantics debate over what a full arc is. I should rephrase, that every Akatsuki arc has had a good guy die, along with one or more of the Akatsuki members.

I naturally assume the Akatsuki members are all going to end up dead. They're the villains, that's what they're there for. The more interesting question is what the hero will have to sacrifice to complete his journey.