1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

PC PS4 XB1 NieR Automata

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by Charlotte D. Kurisu, Jun 16, 2015.

1. blakstealth Moderator

yeah, but I hear the bugs are still acting pretty buggy

2. MS81

3. Shiba D. Inu

letter

4. blakstealth Moderator

you know it's bad when the devs themselves haven't fixed it

yeah, I have it for ps4. I was just talking about the pc version

5. Camoball

Yeah that unofficial patch fixes most issues. loldevs

I could buy the ps4 version but it's not on sale atm and I prefer to play on pc anyway, in glorious 21:9. :caticon

6. Xiammes Supporting Staff

Honestly, the only issue I ever had with the PC version is the full screen bug, it switches you to a lower resolution when you go fullscreen. The patch solves this, but so does any borderless window app. If you play with multiple monitors, you should instantly buy the borderless window app from steam, its a life saver.

7. Shiba D. Inu

borderless windowed (or any windowed) is lower perf than fullscreen almost always/often, avoid it if you can

8. Xiammes Supporting Staff

Yeah, but fullscreen is a hassle if you switch between monitors like I do. I have games/movies/anime on one monitor, while I have discord/firefox in the other. Nier Automata is a pretty taxing game performance wise, I doubt you are going to be playing full screen if you barely make the qualifications.

9. Camoball

I only have one monitor so just the patch should be fine I think.

10. blakstealth Moderator

Masamune would be proud

11. Charlotte D. Kurisu Moderator

Nudes? :dank

12. blakstealth Moderator

(On the next title) A game was recently proposed to producer Saito and effort is being put for it to not be setback. Yoko Taro: “I proposed it in hopes of making everyone suffer. If the plan goes through, then I’d like to announce it.”

pls, no more.:catsad

13. Deathbringerpt

Everyone already suffered when they worked with Access Games. Now that PG is out of the picture, he better bring his A game because the game itself will definitely be a downgrade.

14. Camoball

So I ended up buying the game a week ago and beat it yesterday. Gotta say it's been a long time since a game drew me in like that. These days most game just end up on my backlog for who knows how long. But this game, I just had to finish it. Took me about 50 hours to get to ending E and I did around 85% of the side quests in my playthrough iirc.
    Anyway the twists and feels were all there. Idk if it's just me but it felt kinda lonely playing this game. You're fighting these buckets of bolts that are trying to copy humans in this wasteland... The feeling reminded me of the Souls games which I liked. Then when you learn the truth about mankind and the stuff that happens in C these feels get taken to the next level.
    Also dat music, these guys nailed it. It's one of the things about this game that stood out to me when I played the demo when it came out and I'm glad it stayed consistent throughout the whole game. Even sidequest, the amnesia one especially. When you learn the sad truth and then that music suddenly drops there at the end...
    Now I want more games with these kinda stories. >_>

Gotta be honest tho I think route B was a bit of a waste of time. I don't think there were enough differences with route A to warrant another playthrough of the first half. I don't find 9S to be as fun to play which made it even more meh. They should have combined the two and let us/make us switch between the androids, kinda like they did in C. Just my opinion.
    Also pls give a damn warning when we're about to start the last main missions of a route. I missed a 2B specific side quest and later learned that it gives you the type 40 small sword. I wanted to use A2's default gear when you switch to her but didn't have that damn sword feelsbad.

Also fuck that stupid mini game at the end. It was late at night, I saw ending C and D. I didn't have the patience to wait a day for E so I went for it only to be greeted by this thing. I thought it would end after a few min but it just kept going and going and going. I thought I was getting jebaited and that it would only end once you die but nope, it kept going and going and going. Took me like 30 min to beat it I think. Yeah I used the help from other players thing, fuck that shit otherwise. I just wanted to see the damn ending and go to bed... 10/10 troll :caticon

I'm considering getting Nier and/or Drakengard 3 now. Heard the gameplay is less than stellar but I can handle that if the story is good. Haven't decided yet tho.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. Superman

Flag:
    United States

Man you fucking nailed it....especially that e ending. The feels.

16. Magnum Miracles

That's my biggest issue with the game as well. I'd love to play through the game again, but playing through B felt like a slog when compared to A and C. Because of that, I can never do another complete playthrough.

And this is coming from a guy whose favorite character in the game is 9S.

17. blakstealth Moderator

18. Karma

Flag:
    Brazil

Both these games have Waifus that match if not surpass even 2B :noah

19. Camoball

Well deserved I'd say. :caticon

So I've noticed. :mjpls:

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  20. Nep Nep

Catdank Faction:

Pretty much every game is worth playing just cause of the weirdness.

There's a strange satisfaction to cutting up the hundreds of soldiers in the original Drakengards maps.

The atmosphere and sountrack is amazing too.

I guess if I were gonna skip any, I'd skip Drakengard 2.

Wish they'd port 3 to PC, I don't even wanna buy a modern PS much less an outdated one.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  21. Ultrafragor

I just went to the wiki for each game and binged the plot. It's some good shit.

Devola and Papola's backstory and the history of humanity and the androids were all very interesting to read. Humanity's fate is also learned in the plots of other games.

It's beautiful in a ways only anime can achieve.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  22. Charlotte D. Kurisu Moderator

DG3 desperately needs a port/remaster. Game ran like trash.

23. Camoball

Welp, somehow managed to find the original Drakengard for dirt cheap. Seen prices as high as 70 euro (or dollars, not even including shipping), that shit's insane. Anyway time to put the good old ps2 to work once more. Now to hope that the game arrives and that my ps2 will run it lel. :doge

I could look up the story online but it's just not the same.

24. Dum Dum

Taro will probably Peak with Automata. Next game won't be as good. If there's no A2, I ain't buying, that's for sure.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  25. Nep Nep

Catdank Faction:

You know better.

It's unlikely.

If anything one or two characters will be present in a non-playable fashion.

As for him peaking? I don't agree. As long as he keeps partnering with companies that know how to craft good game play systems all he has to do is keep being himself.

His writing is without peer, he just needs people that know how to do game play.

26. Nep Nep

Catdank Faction:

If not, it's fairly easy to run on emulator.

You can't scale up the resolution without visual glitches sadly but it runs flawlessly otherwise.

27. Ultrafragor

You're right, it's way cheaper and more time effective.

28. Camoball

The game arrived today and seems to be working fine. Those ticking noises my ps2 makes when trying to read a disc are the most heart pumping shit ever. You get a new game and have to wait a few seconds for the disc to read and are like

Anyway I've played for a few hours and the gameplay isn't that bad. It starts pretty trash but gets a bit better as you become more op and find new weapons. This is just one of those games where you gotta know what to expect before buying so it's ok.

Too soon to say much about the story atm but things are starting to happen.

Games are supposed to be experienced by playing them, not looking up the whole story online. Might as well stick to anime or whatever then otherwise. It's just my opinion, I'm not judging your decision.

29. Nep Nep

Catdank Faction:

There's some really great weapons hidden in the world.

Including one that lets you run stupid fast and hits like a truck to boot.

One of my faves though was a relatively unremarkable blade called Nobuyoshi, it had a nice design, decent magic, and the combos and speed were perfect for dealing with just about any enemy.

Kinda sad it didn't make it to Nier Automata, at least Hymir's finger did though.

Moonfire and Slaughterism are other great all around weapons. I won't spoil their design cause it's really cool when you get them to level 4.

Moonfire has good standard combos and Slaughterism is absolutely fantastic for dealing with enemies that surround you because it allows you to turn easily with its combos.

Kingsblood is STUPID good too. Obscene range and attack speed. Just absolutely ridiculous. It's another great weapon to keep around.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  30. Camoball

I'm currently using a lightning hammer (forgot the name). The one that drops a lightning ball that instakills enemies when they walk into it. Got it to level 2, it seems pretty decent. :catmako
    Caim's sword is pretty op right now, at least early game idk about late game. Got it to level 3 and can spam fireballs for days.

I'll try to keep an eye out for the weapons you mentioned. I just freed Verdelet and am on my way to Inuart, found about 7% of the weapons. Got ways to go. :caticon