1. cafecontest
    Voting is live in the Cafe Banner Contest!
    Poll closes on Sep 20, 2020 at 1:37 AM ET.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Ninja-RPG - Status Report

Discussion in 'Konoha Ad Board & Job Center' started by terriator, Oct 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. terriator

Automatic MMORPG - Ninja-RPG - Status Report

Final Release: 30th of August

UPDATE: The project is still runningand soon to enter final release. Join up in the most advanced naruto rpg made so far!

Learn the way of Shinobi as you start as an aspiring Academy Student. Fight your way to the top to become the Kage: the single shadow that protects your village from any danger, or become your village's worst nightmare as a wandering Outlaw of pure darkness. Hundreds of Jutsus are at your feet, ready to be called upon in the any mission; from the easiest of errands to the most lethal of enemies. Learn to harness the Bloodline passed down to you, or awaken the Demon that slumbers within. Can you handle the pressure? Overcome fear? Can you fufill your Destiny? Or will you bow towards Fate? This is the path of the Ninja, the life of a Shinobi. It all lies in your hands. The Ninja-RPG: This time, you're not watching it.. You're fighting it.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2006
    Tags:
  2. Maku

Hey, that looks pretty cool! Ramen Shop will be awesome! :D

3. terriator

True, the ramen shop is a nice place to be =P

I'm planning to add a lot of features such as village-wars, hospital, jounins can have students etc.

Planning on finishing up the AI tomorrow and then start on the hospital...

4. Kayo

Wow looks very good can't wait...

5. terriator

Thank you :)

I just finished up the AI, so that it now has some 'intelligence' (Not saying it is very smart yet though) :p ...

Going to try and finish up the hospital today as well, but I have a lot of hw and stuff, hence I might not have time :S

I'll upload some more screenshots once I get the hospital done..(I like to keep track of my progress with screenshots as you might have noticed :) )

6. Kayo

Hey just a question.. Shouldn't Ninjutsu def str and so on be 1.00 to 5.00 (as max) like the databook??
    Just wondering :)

7. terriator

The what-book? :blink ...Never heard of no databook? :huh

Anyways, about to have the hospital completed...:smile-big

8. Kayo

Sorry I think 10 is max anyway its the databook released by Kishimoto I think with all the character information.

9. terriator

Hmmm, I never read or saw any databook :amuse ....I'm just coding ideas from my head =P ...Besides, this ninja mmorpg will not contain any of the characters from the mange, due to copyright reasons - It will only contain randomly created ninjas..

Going to finish up the hospital today and start on a system so that high-level users can have 3 students and teach them jutsus etc.

//Cheers

10. Naruto_Rasengan

man this will b 1 awsome RPG.. congrats :D

ohh and by the way do i have to buy this data book or is it avalible for download?

11. terriator

Thank you =) ...I just completed the Hospital script and started coding the student/sensei system so that students are taught jutsus by their senseis

//Cheers!

12. Naruto_Rasengan

gw man.. seriously i rely appricate u doing this.. for all naruto fans... its wat we need a lot more of.. n by the sounds of things u r putting a lot of hard work into this 1... hope it all works out well man...

looks liek this 1 on the path to become a success :D

13. Kayo

Omg thats awesome!
    I wish I could help you with something but I am not a very good artist or something, can't draw manga :p

I like that you don't have characters from the real Naruto, it makes the game seem original.

14. terriator

Thank you both =) ...And of course, I hope it will be a success - It will be finished up sooner or later at least!..But as so many others I'm but a student who has HW and stuff, so the only time I have to offer for this game is the time where I'm not 'schooling' ^_^;; ..

PS. Started on the coding of the sensei/jutsu-training script, and I'm guessing it's going to take a day or 2 to finish it...depends on the amounts of school hw etc =) ..

//Cheers

15. terriator

Wooot, got about 600 lines of code down today =) - Thus, I have almost completed the sensei system, so that one may train the different types of jutsus and attributes by the sensei.

Tomorrow I'm going to code the jutsu-training at the sensei - Something so that one may practise the jutsus he knows and level them up (You level up in each jutsu, so you have to practise them)

Just a little update, and the screenshot is uploaded in the first post =)

//Cheers

PS. It's 26% done =D ...yay, I passed 25 =D

16. Kayo

Nice ;) But the links doesn't work.

17. terriator

The links seems to be working fine here??...In both Explorer, Firefox and Netscape and on 2 computers =) ..

Anyways, finished up the sensei-system so that one can now also learn jutsus at the sensei as well as special jutsus such as Chidori..

Going to work on the Chuunin exam now =) ..

//Cheers and thanks for commenting on this thread =)

18. SuikenUser

Awesome work man! I can't wait.

19. terriator

Thank you =) .. I just finished up the Chuunin exam and uploaded a screenshot =) ..

I'm going to start fixing some minor bugs, add some simple userfriendly functions and finish up a alpha test which will be open for 7 days, and only for 50 members. If I have any luck the alpha will be unhleashed sometime next week...

//Cheers

20. Kayo

Chunnin exam looks great!
    Is there always the same questions on the Chunnin test? and how will you choose the testers for the alpha?? just your friends or does everyone have a chance? :)

21. terriator

For now the Chuunin Exam will be like that with constant stat requirements in order for the user to succeed. It might be more advanced later on in the game

The testers for the alpha will simply be the first 50 people to sign up =) ..simple as that..

####
    Coded some minor bug fixes around the site, and fixed my item/jutsu admin and coded a battle admin and a user admin script...Going to start populating the jutsus and items with features before I release the alpha now..

//Cheers =)

22. Kayo

Where do I sign up??

23. Naruto_Rasengan

24. terriator

I thank you all for your answers. But, i cannot keep updating this thread. Any further updates on the game will happen on the main site which is now registrered: theninja-rpg.com

Thank you all for your responses. Sorry, but I'm not going to respond to this thread anymore. I will rather focus on the game itself =P ...

//Cheers

25. Uchiha Mukanshin

I registered at the website, and it's not bad. Many times better than those 'posting' Narutos.

Good job. *Hands terriator a chocolate-chip cookie*

26. Uchiha Mukanshin

Hmmm.... now I'm both disappointed and confused. How do you actually recover health cause that hospital aint doing nothing good to me. :(

EDIT: Oh yeah, now I remember what I was gonna say but forgot so put the other thing. What is the thing like? Is there an FAQ for it or something cuase I'm confused at why my training options on the left disappeared and how to heal and stuff.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2005
  27. terriator

A lot of updates has been made now...People who didn't like it before, and new people of course, should check it out once more. it is now in 2nd alpha version. 3rd alpha is right around the corner with many more features :D

28. Sakashi

w00t. yea, i posted ur site. it's a good game. Note* when u level up, ur stamina and chakra goes back up to 100%, is that a bug?

29. Fighting Spirit

What happend to this project? Is it still up?!

30. terriator

Yes, it is still up and running. It has entered 2nd alpha and is regulary updated with new features. This is not one of those projects that will die...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.