1. Dismiss Notice
  2. OPFC

Are you an artist that loves One Piece? Join the OP Fanart Contest in the Ohara Library!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice

6. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Drinks!
    Dismiss Notice

Ninjustsu for real

Discussion in 'The NF Café' started by Yondaime the Hokage, Oct 30, 2005.

1. Yondaime the Hokage Unknown

I have practiced ninjustu and other karate styles such as aikido and hapkido for about 5 years of my life now and have worked with weapons from naruto such as shurikens and kunai's, katana's also. I was wonderin if anyone else might practice a karate style also, or mabye you would like some tips or learn alittle bit about some karate styles to mabye see which one's for you:amuse

Tags:
  2. green tea96 Member

I practice street fighting techniques(not really, at least not any more :()

4. DevilB0i Banned

5. Tousenz Banned

6. Yondaime the Hokage Unknown

i dont think you can consider those a form of practicing martial arts

7. Jedi Mind Tricks <font face='Palatino Linotype, Arial'><font size='

I box.

8. Near Seeker of Truth

I am pretty sure Aikido and Hapkido are not Karate styles, and how is it that everyone here is a street fighter....

p.s. I want to do some boxing and some judo/aikido. Ive take 3 or so years of karate.

9. A7X HellKnight STFU

thats cool that youve done that type of stuff.

10. Chamcham Trigger 光翼型近接支援残酷戦闘機“エヴァッカニア・ドゥーム

rofl I like this answer :rofl
    I've actually learned the basics of many styles so I'm a master of nothing :sad
    I do take boxing seriously and I spar and train with my 2 friends that take Gojyu every once and a while.

11. meekozy RETARD

I bitch slap people and bust people in the head with plastic bottles filled with water (one blow can give you delusion for a week)

12. Vile.47 ..:: Genesis ::..

I know Karate, Wushu, Judo and 47 other dangerous words.

13. kunshu Member

i know ninjutsu and kickbox and i had basic training of karate and judo

and i play soul calibur 2:p

MIZUKAGE>EVERYTHING

14. Lord Itachi Uchiha God

i never had lessons but i want to take one in the future.... ninjutsu!

15. Kimi Sama A sphincter says what?

I used to do karate a few years back, but then I got bored of it because our intructor kept not turning up to lessons, and it was expensive.

I wanna start something up again but presently I'm too lazy to do anything about it

16. kage_konoha shadow of the night

My dad knows Judo and aikido, but all he ever does is use random grabs and throwing moves on me. He has never reall taken the time to teach me anything, can you give me some pointers?

17. ez Jesus Christ

I forgot to mention I also had basic training in karate and I could have been training in ninjutsu if things had gone well :( "Street fighting" isn't considered a "form" of martial arts? I thought I saw something about it on wikipedia o_O

18. Yondaime the Hokage Unknown

street fighting is not a form of martial arts but you can classify those who dont know any form of martial arts or form of fighting a street fighter really. As for me a do do alot of sword forms and one of the funnest things to do is to climb trees, but its hard cause you gatta climb real fast and quick almost without any sound. I do also own a ninja outfit which is pretty cool but i dont really use it. I do also know the animal fighting stances like the crane, drunken monkey, and the tiger, which is the one i practice the most. But if anyone wants to mabye find a style that fits them just say so

19. Ticking_Clock Tick... Tock... Tick...

I'm more akin to guns. Projectile weapons > you.

20. hatsuka Jailbait Anonymous

I have been training in Wushu for about 10 years now.

Hatsuka > You

21. Crowe inactive - most of the time

I dont have enough Chakra yet, but my sensei ( The black Snoopdoggy ), have teached me how to summon gangstah's.

22. Irish_Jonin The Drunken Brawl Master

i'm curious...i'm 20, and i was wondering if it's too late to start studying. And if it isn't, do you know of a particular style that's good for begginers?

23. Goongasnootch 亀好き

20's not too late. All the best instructors in Budo Taijutsu started in their mid-twenties. You can look for a local Taijutsu school in the Yellow Pages/Dojo Directory sections of , , and . Those will lead you to Bujinkan schools or schools related to the Bujinkan. If you can't find a Bujinkan anywhere in your area try looking up Genbukan or Jinenkan on Google.

As for me, I've studied Budo Taijutsu for about a year. My primary style is Kickboxing but a lot of the base strategies behind techniques in Taijutsu can translate to other arts (plus it's fun to study). Before I got into Kickboxing 5 years ago I was studying Taekwondo and Hapkido. I pick up bits and pieces of Jujutsu from a friend I train with.

24. Yondaime the Hokage Unknown

thats cool, have you ever worked wit katana's, or any form of a blade before?

25. poeman The Chakra Legend

loved ninjitsu

26. Goongasnootch 亀好き

I tend not to mention any martial arts I've only done for a short period of time, but I did happen to study a draw or two from an Iaido class and a few cuts from having to be an Uke (attacker) in Muto Dori (unarmed defense against a sword). However, I don't do that flashy sword-twirling McDojo stuff. I tend to study in a manner that allows me to translate sword cutting movements into movement I can use with lead pipes or baseball bats.

27. earthshine Banned

i want to ask a question: u say u have practiced ninjutsu as well as other arts, so, in your opinion, is nin a weak style? i kinda always figured it would be weaker since nins really dont specialize in face to face combat

28. Goongasnootch 亀好き

Don't take Ninjutsu by the value of modern media. Ninjutsu, except for when Tokugawa started hiring Hanzo Hatori and his 200 or so Shinobi friends, was very face-to-face. Outside of Hattori Hanzo's military exploits, the Ninja's combat would specialize in self-defense. With stealth they could avoid combat altogether but if they couldn't avoid combat they would fight just long enough to create an opening to excape and become stealthy again.

Budo Taijutsu (the current name for "Ninjutsu") schools differ from Dojo to Dojo so some specifically work only on 16th Century style combat and you have to learn to translate the strategies into modern combat. Other schools teach the 16th century techniques and teach you how to use them in a modern context. At the curriculum based on Budo Taijusu is called To-Shin Do (it's wordplay on the character "Nin") and is focused only on modern realistic combat. Which you choose to learn is up to you.

So, if you're looking for some kind of skill that will let you become a champion in an NHB (No-Holds Barred) tournament like K-1 or UFC then Taijutsu is not for you. I suggest crosstraining between Jujutsu and Kickboxing. If you're looking for some good self-defense, good philosophical thought, new strategies you can employ into a martial art you already study, and/or fun training in historical combat aspects then Taijustu is for you.

Also note that the Bujinkan (the hub for Taijutsu, IMO) organization in the links I listed in this post and my earliest one in this thread is composed of 9 lineages of Japanese combat. 6 of those lineages are Samurai. So it's not weak at all.

29. Sakashi Water good, Milktea better

hmm... i do push ups. lol! Martial arts? nah not me. Imitation of Martial arts? im ur man.
    Nah, not too late. Perfect age, since ur body is fully developed and u can fully devote ur time to it. If ur really serious, u can go join a Shaolin temple in china, and they train u 24/7 for as long as u want. I suggest 1 year. After that, ur basically Jacky Chan. lol

30. Robotkiller Still alive

Taekwondo is my style it's mostly about control. Control movements/control power memorizing the forms is a bitch though.