1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice

3. Voting for the Contest Central Drawing Contest is live!
    Entries can be found here and the voting threads can be found here and here.
    Voting ends on Sunday, June the 30th!
    Dismiss Notice

4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Drinks!
    Dismiss Notice

North Korea vs. United States

Discussion in 'The NF Café' started by Louis-954, Oct 17, 2006.

When will the firt punch fly?

1. 1 week

6 vote(s)
    13.3%
  2. 1 month

2 vote(s)
    4.4%
  3. 3 months

6 vote(s)
    13.3%
  4. somwhere in between, or later, or you dont know

31 vote(s)
    68.9%
  1. Louis-954 Well-Known Member

How long do you think till the first nuclear punch is thrown?

I say a week, the pressure is getting more tense.

Tags:
  2. T4R0K Searching for a custom title

No idea. I don't like awaiting or hoping for wars. Though, I won't cry when NK is turned into a parking lot after trying or succeeding into nuke Seoul, Tokyo or Alaska. Or maybe a Chinese metropolis (they once directly threatned to strike China) Kim is a sicko. He needs to be disposed of.

3. CrazyMoronX Old Man

4. Zaru ________________________________ Retired Staff

At the moment NK sends any missile near the borders of an "enemy" country, they will be answered with some dozen counternukes, completely vaporizing the whole country.

They would be dumb fucks to actually start a nuclear war with someone. But oh well they are communists

5. T4R0K Searching for a custom title

I don't recall Russians or Cubans actually sending nukes on other nations at that time... I'd fix your sentence by "But oh well, Kim Jong Il is insane"

6. xpeed 案山子

NK by some wouldn't be considered a communist nation. They're actually a rogue nation and the US don't deal with rogue nations. The US are actually pushing China to deal with this problem and China is taking it's first step in checking all the cargo that goes in and out of NK along their borders.

7. Bshj New Member

There isnt going to be a nuclear war any time soon, north korea would be vaporised if they tied to start anything, not even Kim Jong is that insane.

Uh, is he?

8. That NOS Guy The Pilot Who Lives by Pride

Can someone actually provide evidence N. Korea has a workable ICBM/bomber force deterrent to even be used within the next 5 years?

9. Dionysus Brandy and Death

Their only test of their Taepodong-2 missile type (which could theoretically hot the US west coast) failed after 30 seconds or so.

If North Korea were to attack anyone it would attack South Korea (with Japan a secondary target). Read a little about this confict (going back to the Forgotten War) before making these posts.

10. Lakira Member

1 month, Oh my god!:nuts I don't want to die yet.:cry I hope it doesn't hit the mid - west. Why do we have to have the war now, can't we have 5 years from now:cry I hope the Koreans here in America will have something to say, because their are Koreans here in they will be killing.

11. Pinkaugust I'm Hired

wohooo, I'm the only one who voted for 3 months!

anyhoo, I hope Kim Jong Il and George W. Bush Jr. would both stop being idiots. I don't like war, and especially not Nuclear War, it involves too many civilians. Why do people have to die for their government when the government is doing wrong? The only thing War is good for is evolution. But right now I don't think war will resolute in anything other than more war, more terror and more suffering.

George Bush started the war on terrorrism to end this suffering and fear, but he has yet to realize that he has become a terrorrist himself, spreading fear not only in his own country, but in the entire world, and all he has done is justify what happened on 9/11....

12. green tea96 Member

Eh, I'm hoping that Kim Jong Il dies of 'mysterious causes' and NK and SK become one big Korea.

Hey xpeed, I like your signature. It's very cute.

13. Louis-954 Well-Known Member

Better question. Can someone provide evidence that they dont?

14. Shiron BOING!!!

...Do I need to point out how fallicious this is?

15. Hagane no Renkinjutsushi Nigga, fuck yo couch!

Korea's too much of a pussy to nuke anyone.

16. the_invisible_men Member

maybe half a year... but i doubt anythings gonna happen tho

17. That NOS Guy The Pilot Who Lives by Pride

I am highly doubtful the West will ever plan on tossing the first nuke again (The fulda gap this isn't). With the other side being completely devoid of finctional nuclear weapons and having an absolute zero sum of delivery systems reaching past Japan a nuclear exchange involving the US and the DPRK is highly fucking unlikely, even with a decade added.

18. Atmosphere Freedom Graphics

19. drunk kitsune [ ]

never. kim's nuts, yeah....... but he's the dictator of a starving country. he needs food for them... at the very least, food for the military. nukes are simply a bargaining chip.

that's not to say they wouldn't be used... if so, SK and Japan are the first targets. NK can't hit the (continental) US... but they certainly can hit Okinawa or Yongsan. the first nuclear punch would be by NK, and even then the US likely wouldn't respond with like force. even as unpopular across the world the iraqi war has been, countries ranging from Albania to Australia have supported the US. but I doubt anyone would support the US after a nuclear strike. Britain miiiiiiight... if it were a retalitory strike.

the likely course of action? using the air force to pound the shit out of NK. airstrikes are the way to go as far as world opinion goes. US did so to iraq (mid-late 90's), israel did it to iran (mid 80's), with minimal repercussions. (on a side note, i'm surprised israel hasn't done the same to iran).

one last thing... NK + nukes vs. US + nukes isn't mutually assured destruction. that was the case with the ussr, because the US would need nukes to stomp USSR, and vice versa. the US doesn't need nukes to stomp NK.

to sum it up ... SK + US airstrikes on NK before anything.

20. Blargal Superior Member

North Korea doesn't care about using them, they want to sell them, besides China will act if North Korea wants to do something such as launch a nuclear bomb.

21. Bshj New Member

I dont think anyone really think tha N korea is going to attack the US, but what about south korea, or japan? wouldnt need an icbm to attack the country next door.

22. Zhongda Active Member

NK is facing every polarity/hegemony in the world, it'll be dealt with accordingly soon enough.

23. That NOS Guy The Pilot Who Lives by Pride

They don't need nukes to do that anyway, this question could've been posed anytime within the last past 50 years and it hasn't come to fruition. As much as people would like to believe it, the Great Leader is not insane and the US and co will not use nukes first here.

I see very little reason to even consider a glassing within six months, or even sixty years.

24. Naruko Supporting Staff

With Kim, it's hard to gauge what he'll do. His people might be starving, but he is not. He lives off imported lobster, mercedes benz, and the finest red wines and cognac in the world. He makes sure plenty of money goes into his lifestyle and his military R&D. If he doesn't care if his people starve, he's not gonna care too much to sacrifice a few of them to feel like a big guy at the world table. At the very least I hope the US (meaning people around Bush and between him and his nukes cause he's a monkey in a suit) is wise enough to not use nukes.

Nukes are poison for the planet, they won't make anything better on either side.

We can only hope right now that China can talk Kim into coming to the negotiations, but I'm not too hopeful.

25. Louis-954 Well-Known Member

Hey no need to call me ignorant, Its just a discussion, no one has flamed anyone so lets keep it that way.

Fact is our own Government here in the U.S. doesnt tell us everything. They only tell us what they want us to here, the rest is kept secret in order not to scare people who cant handle the magnitude of a certain situation.

What makes you; a person who doesnt even live there let alone be apart of there military/goverment know what they have and dont have. Or what they can and cant do.

I do agree that if they attcaked us or our allies they'd be blown off the face of earth most likely, but Kim Jong Il is one crazy bastard. None of know what he's planning on doing.

26. Blargal Superior Member

There is nothing the U.S can do against North Korea if they used a nuclear bomb , we can barely handle insurgents in Iraq, what makes people think we can even handle an organized and well equipted army, especially with Iran on the verge of making a nuclear bomb them selves... THe only way the U.S can handle either country military wise is to either let our so called allies handle it or the U.S would have to start up a draft.

27. That NOS Guy The Pilot Who Lives by Pride

That's what the logical fallacy is named.

Uh huh, and can you cite a source for your privy knowledge? I know I draw from several sources like Jane's and Globalsecurity. What do you draw from?

For the matter, under your own logic how are you qualified to make a call? Can they blow up the sun?

Barginning chips are no use if they're wasted along with mentioned country.

Hey, remember what happened to the Iraqi army during OIF in 2003?

If that doesn't float your boat keep in mind the DPRK is stuck in the goddamn early 70s as far as military tech goes, and is on the verge of starvation with a very poor logistics base. This is not the S. Korean army we're dealing with here.

They still have a decade of work according to the NSA.

protip: a full on nuclear excange wouldn't have US troops involved.

28. Razza Gemini

Not really worried. North Korea does anything they are gonna get the hell beat outa them by more then just us.

29. Gir REDUCTO!

Hopefully both countrys know that if the war is started, there is no winner.

30. T4R0K Searching for a custom title

Would be the case if both were equal. Whole NK can just be turned to dust. The USA could loose 1 or 2 cities. No winner in term of lost civilian lives, but the greater loser would be NK (No, I don't think China would help them if they shoot first. The Chinese might even work the problem out if shit happens)