• Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

OBD Convo #366: brahs before 2D ship or toaster waifus, get it?

Adamant soul

Textbook example of someone not paying attention while reading a manga right here. :maybe

First off it's DA-GON, not a dragon.

Secondly "literal dues ex machina happens"?

The previous chapter STARTED with showing Nyarla learning the location of the portal and looking ready to get out of her chair. It was even outright stated by Oscar that Dr West was stalling through the rest of that chapter. And THIS chapter pretty much confirms it was Nyarla he was stalling for (dude literally says "took you long enough" when she arrives).

Exactly how is it a deus ex machina for her to show up when she knew where they were? Because she waits for Chloe to ask for help before she gives it? That's just Nyarla being theatrical and a troll, you know like she's been since her first appearance. :lmao

People really need to stop throwing the term Dues Ex Machina around where it doesn't apply

Last edited:

Rom the Chad Knight

The Cosmic Toaster
Textbook example of someone not paying attention right here. :maybe

Okay first off it's DA-GON, not a dragon.

Secondly "literal dues ex machina happens"?

The previous chapter STARTED with showing Nyarla learning the location of the portal and looking ready to get out of their chair. It was even outright stated by Oscar that Dr West was stalling through the rest of that chapter. And THIS chapter pretty much confirms it was Nyarla he was stalling for (dude literally says "took you long enough" when she arrives).

Exactly how is it a deus ex machina for her to show up when she knew where they were? Because she waits for Chloe to ask help before she gives it? That's just Nyarla being theatrical and a troll, you know like she's been since her first appearance. :lmao

People really need to stop throwing the term Dues Ex Machina around where it doesn't apply

Ackhully it's DAY-GON

Also would you dive into the hole for a new chapter with good quality control instantly?

Adamant soul

Ackhully it's DAY-GON
Yeah I know that's how you pronounce it. I was mostly pointing out the fact he just thought it was a big God Dragon, as opposed to being an actual being in Lovecraft lore. :whistle

Though I suppose that's the beauty of using Dagon like Ikeda has. People who don't know Lovecraft lore underestimate him 'cause the characters killed a similar sized monster a couple chapters ago. Then their jaws drop when he one-shots those same characters.

Hell I KNEW who Dagon was and when Shoggoth attacked even I went:
"He's surely not gonna tank this is h..OH MY GOD" :wha

It's funny, I obviously knew Shoggoth and Chloe would take an L eventually. But when you're following a series for months and the characters have been damn near untouchable, it leaves you jaw dropped when they curbed as thoroughly as Dagon did to them.
Also would you dive into the hole for a new chapter with good quality control instantly?
UM NO, I don't think I'm quite THAT desperate. :maybe

Top Bottom