• Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

OBD Multiversal Tournament

Masterblack06

Quantum Entity

Today I bring to you all the Sign-up Form for the First of the many events I have planned. This will be a debate involving members from all over the forum that wishes to participate in and show off their debating skills to the rest of the site and prove their superiority.

The Setup

The Tournament will be set up as such. Each person joining in the Tournament will need to post their name and the team of fictional characters they will be using for the tournament afterwards if their characters fit the criteria allowed for the tournament they will be added to the bracket. Once the bracket is full it will be randomized and the list of matchups will be posted. Each debater will then use the prep time given to their team in order to come up with a strategy to defeat their opponent's team. On the day of the debate, each debater will post the plan they have come up with and then debate with one another to see whose plan trumps the others. The user that concedes will be out and the winner will move on to the next round. Min Number of participants: 16 Max Number: 32

The Prizes

1st place: 12 CC points (or 1 month big avatar)

2nd place: 5 CC points (or 1 month sparkles)

3rd place: 3 CC points (or 1-month html usertitle)

Participation rep: 50,000 rep

Rep for advancing to next stage (debating): 20,000

The Rules

These are the criteria that the teams chosen will need to fit in order to be allowed to be used in the tournament. If your character doesn't fit these guidelines then you will need to find a replacement. Besides the rules listed below, the standard OBD and Forum Rules will still apply

1. Characters must be at most in the Continent level Category. Any higher and they will be disqualified.

2. The Characters must be Hypersonic+ at the max (No Massively Hypersonic) . Any Higher than this and they will be disqualified.

3. All Hax is allowed, but Hax that causes: Instant Death, Rewriting Reality, or is very vague will not be allowed.

4. Teams will be limited to 3 members and the members cannot be from the same series.

5. Each team will be given 48 hours of prep time that they can use in any way they can.

6. Even with Time Stop or Time Powers in general they will still be limited to the 48 hour prep time limit. (EX. DIO cannot extend his prep time by using The World)

7. Debaters will be expected to be somewhat respectful of their opponents and will be expected to post evidence (Scans or Passages) that prove their points or counters their opponents.

8. Battles will take place in a neutral universe. Prep that the team uses will need to be done in their home universe before they are then transported to the neutral universe. If a power of theirs requires them to be in their home universe assume that power followed them but it won't affect anything put their prep time. (EX. Shinra needing Adolla to go lightspeed)

9. Characters will be Bloodlusted by default so take that into account when prepping.

10. If a concession is not reached at the end of 2 days of debating, it will be put to a vote by a group of Judges that I will handpick to help be unbiased and impartial.

11. If members under Mutual Restraining Order debate, staff will talk with them about exceptions regarding this tournament".

Participants:
  1. Galo De Lion: Kray Foresight/Krazor X (Promare), Nahfarlaar/Nafaalilargus (The Elder Scrolls), Nirvash Type-Zero (Eureka Seven, Spec 1)
  2. Blocky: Rick Sanchez (with only the Portal Gun), Brandon Stark/The Three-Eyed Raven (GoT), Dan Kuroto (After killing Kiriya as Dangerious Zombie)
  3. B Rabbit: Randall Flagg (The Stand/Eyes of the Dragon) (Limits his hax), Pennywise the Clown (Avatar of Derry Form, has hax but nothing iirc that would break the tournament.), God Enel (One Piece)
  4. Akira1993: Satoru Gojo (Jujutsu Kaisen), Utsuro (Gintama), Edo Itachi (Naruto)
  5. Xenos: The Turtle (DC Comics), Silver Chariot Requiem(JoJo), Grim Reaper (The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy)
  6. Jack of Blades: Mitochondria Eve (Parasite Eve), The Hero of Brightwall (Fable 3), Legion (Red Dwarf)
  7. Musubi: TBD
  8. Turrin: Prime Minster Fujitora (Code Breaker), Dontage (Dice the Cube That Changes Everything), Danzo (Naruto)

Last edited:

Blade

that was my suggestion, pmuch :mjlol

you literally modified it a bit better with the whole rules situation and all, and you approved it :Mshad

Masterblack06

Quantum Entity
that was my suggestion, pmuch :mjlol

you literally modified it a bit better with the whole rules situation and all, and you approved it :Mshad
Well Yeah I said in the convo that I went with your idea. :hestonpls
I just hope I can run this properly and have it be at least somewhat of a success.

Blade

@Masterblack06

i will be part of the judges - dredd style, count me in, at that :Mshad

veterans like me, are better to observe, back in my prime, i have debated with almost everyone, nothing to prove here, at that aspect (not to mention, more irl priorities since my younger self back there)

tbh

this one, is a chance for the next gen of obd, to show what they are made of

Irradiance

Slightly Above Average
In the first rule, is really "at least in the Continent level Category" meant or "at most". Like, are Wall level characters allowed?

Also, about rule 3, I'm not quite sure about where the limits are. Is concept manipulation generally banned or just if it is used in a reality-warping like manner? What about causality manipulation that guarantees victory? And is instant death just the type where the opponent drops dead by thought or would a sword that destroys an opponent's soul on contact also count?

Masterblack06

Quantum Entity
In the first rule, is really "at least in the Continent level Category" meant or "at most". Like, are Wall level characters allowed?

Also, about rule 3, I'm not quite sure about where the limits are. Is concept manipulation generally banned or just if it is used in a reality-warping like manner? What about causality manipulation that guarantees victory? And is instant death just the type where the opponent drops dead by thought or would a sword that destroys an opponent's soul on contact also count?

Ah thats my bad. Rule 1 is that they must not exceed Continent level. Anything Lower is fine.

For Rule 3. No causality stuff and Sword strikes that destroy the soul is fine as long as you need to actually hit the person with said sword

Masterblack06

Quantum Entity
This starting after the list is full or will it take a while even after to get started?
If by Thursday we have the minimum amount of people then it will start. I'll role up a bracket and then Round one will start. No one will know who their opponent is till I post the brackets.

Irradiance

Slightly Above Average
I nominate Higashikawa Mamoru (A Simple Monitoring), Gufadgarn (The Death Mage that doesn't want a fourth time) and Fiamma of the Right (To Aru; Base) as my team.
Fiamma should be allowed, right? Or would the automatic reactions of his ability break the speed rule?

Masterblack06

Quantum Entity
I nominate Higashikawa Mamoru (A Simple Monitoring), Gufadgarn (The Death Mage that doesn't want a fourth time) and Fiamma of the Right (To Aru; Base) as my team.
Fiamma should be allowed, right? Or would the automatic reactions of his ability break the speed rule?
Fiamma would only break the rule if his power treated like a NLF. You'd go by its best showing obviously. If that can't be used that way then you'd have to find someone else. Let me know what you wanna do

NostalgiaFan

If by Thursday we have the minimum amount of people then it will start. I'll role up a bracket and then Round one will start. No one will know who their opponent is till I post the brackets.
Sounds too soon for the holiday season for me. I am kinda busy at the moment so I will see what I can do but I don't think I will be around too much until November comes.

Irradiance

Slightly Above Average
Fiamma would only break the rule if his power treated like a NLF. You'd go by its best showing obviously. If that can't be used that way then you'd have to find someone else. Let me know what you wanna do
We would of course go by the continent level showing for his power, if that's what you mean.

Galo de Lion

Burning Firefighting Soul
How many characters can you nominate? :thonk

Ryuko Matoi (Kill La Kill, show)
Kray Foresight/Krazor X (Promare)
Nahfarlaar/Nafaalilargus (The Elder Scrolls)
Gurren Lagann (Gurren Lagann, pre-timeskip)

Masterblack06

Quantum Entity
Sounds too soon for the holiday season for me. I am kinda busy at the moment so I will see what I can do but I don't think I will be around too much until November comes.
Well it'll probably last well into November considering how many people are gonna be in this. But I understand. If not enough people sign up then I'll probably try again next year.

We would of course go by the continent level showing for his power, if that's what you mean.
Yup

How many characters can you nominate? :thonk

Ryuko Matoi (Kill La Kill, show)
Gurren Lagann (Gurren Lagann, pre-timeskip)
Teams will be limited to 3 members and the members cannot be from the same series.

Galo de Lion

Well it'll probably last well into November considering how many people are gonna be in this. But I understand. If not enough people sign up then I'll probably try again next year.

Yup
Thanks. Also no massively hypersonic means Ryuko and Gurren Lagann are out. I'll have to think of a third character. :thonk

Blocky

Kami-Sama
How about characters aren’t known for batting but use tactics and minds to win?

Like Light with his death note and Bran Stark from GOT with his future or past visions for example.

Galo de Lion

Ok, this is my thrilliologyl

Nirvash Type-Zero (Eureka Seven, Spec 1)

Masterblack06

Quantum Entity
How about characters aren’t known for batting but use tactics and minds to win?

Like Light with his death note and Bran Stark from GOT with his future or past visions for example.
Light wouldnt be allowed with the death note because stuff like instant death is banned. Future Sight doesnt really work as both parties start in their own universes in order to do their prep time stuff.

Akira1993

Using Merlin from NNT should be fine right? She isn't beyond Continental level and she is MHS+ just fine.

She also shines when there is prep time to beat an opponent.

There is my first character.

Edit: My second one is Satoru Gojo from JK.

These two are fine? @Masterblack06

Last edited:

Kurou

should be helpful for anyone who isn't normally part of the battledome. You can look to see if the character you want to use is here and how we gauge their strength

Magneto for instance is a little overqualified

Blocky

Kami-Sama
I would prefer the speed limit to just Massively Hypersonic to make things easier.

But I could try find some below that limit.

Top Bottom